As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Prime] The Fifth Annual Triwizard Drinking Tournament [Full!]

• SageheartSageheart Tampa, FLRegistered User regular
    edited July 2012
    The idea is that the black part will blend into a cloak or other dark colored items.

Actually its not the black space that looks odd to me. I actually like the damaged/distressed look. Its something about how the rest of the image is lost to the cropping that makes it seem kind of off. I'm trying to put my finger on exactly what is leaving me with that impression and I think its that slightly circle-like shape on the left side that doesn't quite line up with the curve of the button. Its... uneven *twitch*

Sageheart on
    Tickets + Flight + Hotel = SEE YOU AT PAX 2012!
    Pre-PAX Dinner | Tri-Wizard Drinking Tournament | Post-PAX Party
    2012 Prime Buttoneer (Main | Bonus)
    Ravenclaw Death Eaters, Head Boy - Ravenclaw DE is on Twitter and Facebook!
  • akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    I do think one change for this year is rather than Dumbledore's Army it be Order of the Phoenix. It's a little more "in flavor," and I'm not just saying that because I'd be OP.

Dumbledore's Army was kids... Kids mostly too young to drink.

Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    akjak wrote: »
    I do think one change for this year is rather than Dumbledore's Army it be Order of the Phoenix. It's a little more "in flavor," and I'm not just saying that because I'd be OP.

Dumbledore's Army was kids... Kids mostly too young to drink.

They already made that change. You can see it on the eventbrite page :)

• Atlus ParkerAtlus Parker Registered User regular
    And the OP

• leafleaf Registered User regular
    So down for this. I'll be in full wizard garb for Gryffindor. Or barring that, Slytherin.

newsig-notweed.jpg
  • redhaloredhalo Also a Professional Alcoholic Registered User regular
    leaf wrote: »
    Or barring that, Slytherin.

Do it.

• lizpiratelizpirate Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    Ethically speaking, is it bad to ply my husband with booze for a month prior to the TWDT in order to get his liver in shape? :mrgreen:

• Little Miss RachelLittle Miss Rachel Geek Chick Before Geek Was Chic Idahoan ExileRegistered User regular
    lizpirate wrote: »
    Ethically speaking, is it bad to ply my husband with booze for a month prior to the TWDT in order to get his liver in shape? :mrgreen:

I think it would be less ethical not to do so. Start him off slow and gradually work your way up. I mean, that's how it works with exercise and stuff, I'm sure booze is the same.

lizpirate wrote: »

I think it would be less ethical not to do so. Start him off slow and gradually work your way up. I mean, that's how it works with exercise and stuff, I'm sure booze is the same.

My thinking exactly!

• StupidStupid Newcastle, NSWRegistered User regular
    Yep! It's not reasonable to expect a person to jump off the couch and run a marathon, so why would it be okay to suddenly pour gallons of toxic chemicals down one's throat one night and expect everything to be just peachy? You've got to train for these things, after all!

26904.png
  • VanVagabondVanVagabond NorthWestern BC, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Hey all. My friend who I'm going to PAX with wants to tag along with me to this event, but doesn't want to do that much drinking. Is house elf a position that one can sign up for, or is it just like something that's taken care of by the people who're organizing the crawl? He's willing to help out however he can, or else I can just try to convince him to find his own entertainment for that evening. Or else I can just sign him up for an opposing team to mine >:]

• ShadeShade Registered User regular
    I swear, this year I'm OotP because I can't drink that much dark beer. I almost threw up last year, not from too much alcohol, but from being so FULL. Like trying to chug a loaf of bread!

• ptriz21_teamkillptriz21_teamkill Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    Shade wrote: »
    I swear, this year I'm OotP because I can't drink that much dark beer. I almost threw up last year, not from too much alcohol, but from being so FULL. Like trying to chug a loaf of bread!

Yes, I recall my downhill slide beginning with an Irish Car Bomb. Chugging a full beer was uncomfortable at that point in the night.

ptriz21_teamkill on
    3DS: 3325-2059-2105
    edited July 2012
    I think a good portion of Slytherin trains year round. This would be a good time to cue the picture of the Slytherin track team we had two years ago. Anyone got that pic? Or want to fess up that it was you?

Yes, I recall my downhill slide beginning with an Irish Car Bomb. Chugging a full beer was uncomfortable at that point in the night.

Heh, the first TWDT I nailed down about 6 carbombs. I do fairly well with dark beer and dark liquors. I'm terrible with tequila though and yet every one keeps wanting to buy me shots of tequila, lol.

redhalo on
  • whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    Hey all. My friend who I'm going to PAX with wants to tag along with me to this event, but doesn't want to do that much drinking. Is house elf a position that one can sign up for, or is it just like something that's taken care of by the people who're organizing the crawl? He's willing to help out however he can, or else I can just try to convince him to find his own entertainment for that evening. Or else I can just sign him up for an opposing team to mine >:]

Signing up for the crawl doesn't mean you absolutely have to do every single challenge. That's reserved for crazy people (like me, who started off the night with 4 shots of peach schnapps since I couldn't think of anything light that wouldn't instantly destroy me...still diabetes free somehow!).

Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
  • TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    Liver training is highly advised if it doesn't already have a hard, outer protective shell like mine.

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Little Miss RachelLittle Miss Rachel Geek Chick Before Geek Was Chic Idahoan ExileRegistered User regular
    whypick1 wrote: »

Signing up for the crawl doesn't mean you absolutely have to do every single challenge. That's reserved for crazy people (like me, who started off the night with 4 shots of peach schnapps since I couldn't think of anything light that wouldn't instantly destroy me...still diabetes free somehow!).

Well gee, if only someone had told me this last year! Maybe if I'd skipped a few I'd've been in better shape for Mario Kart the next day. xD

• ShadeShade Registered User regular
    no matter how often I drink, I always hit perfect at 1 pitcher of amber and one mixed drink.

• PunkJrPunkJr Decepticon Infiltrator Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    redhalo wrote: »
    Heh, the first TWDT I nailed down about 6 carbombs. I do fairly well with dark beer and dark liquors. I'm terrible with tequila though and yet every one keeps wanting to buy me shots of tequila, lol.

Tequila is the nail in my coffin as well. I stick with the rum. ;)

daaeZs9.png
    PunkJr
    Pirate, Stormtrooper, Decepticon
    Yes, my middle name really is MEGATRON
    Former Ravenclaw Death Eaters Head of House
    edited July 2012

I usually start drinking at lunch that day and do not consider the night over until my scorecard is 100% filled. :D

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • WestrunnerWestrunner Steam's Dirty Little Whore Mojave Desert, NVRegistered User regular
    Is there a training plan for this? Like a couch-to-5k but it's a couch-to-.25bac?

TWDT12: Gryffindor - OotP TWDT14: Gryffindor - OotP
  • BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    TOGSolid wrote: »

I usually start drinking at lunch that day and do not consider the night over until my scorecard is 100% filled. :D

You are a professional alcoholic and part-time sailor though.

You and Saldek are the exceptions, not the rule :D

I typically hold my own with just about anyone, but even I will admit, all the heavy shit last year had me a bit sloppy on the way back to the Shearton. But I was up bright and early at 7 the next day and was in the Keynote line by 8, like a boss.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • skarsolskarsol Registered User regular
    Yeah, starting the night with a drink for every Triwizard youve been on was pretty rough on the old timers. :P

why are you smelling it?
    skarsol wrote: »
    Yeah, starting the night with a drink for every Triwizard youve been on was pretty rough on the old timers. :P

Speak for yourself.

Oh god, I forgot about this.

This is what Carbombs were invented for. Two drinks for the price of one!

wWuzwvJ.png
  • CaptainTapoleCaptainTapole Awesome in the Possum - Yee-Haw! Northern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Ah. The perks of being the Sober Walker. :P

The Girl Who Gave Everyone the Shortest Jenga Game Ever.
    edited July 2012

That makes you sound like a house zombie. :3

EDIT - Or maybe Blade: Vice Cop edition.

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • CaptainTapoleCaptainTapole Awesome in the Possum - Yee-Haw! Northern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    TOGSolid wrote: »

That makes you sound like a house zombie. :3

EDIT - Or maybe Blade: Vice Cop edition.
    Well, all of us are zombies by the end of the Tournament.

• InitialdorInitialdor Seattle's Carl Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    Yeaheaheaheaaaah! This is going to be rad! Carl will be there representing Seattle's U-District (while looking like a Giants fan, but still!)

Initialdor on
    2018 West: Badges [x] TWDT [Rclaw TT] Cosplay: Still bald. Still single. Still lovin' it!
    "Fantasy football still counts as fantasy." -DnD Greg
  • BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    Initialdor wrote: »
    Yeaheaheaheaaaah! This is going to be rad! Carl will be there representing Seattle's U-District (while looking like a Giants fan, but still!)

Yes, but will there be a belt and/or buckle blaring Foreigner whilst the TWDT makes it's stately procession?

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai

Yes, but will there be a belt and/or buckle blaring Foreigner whilst the TWDT makes it's stately procession?

Can it take any spell and turn it into the ultimate one: Boston's More Than a Feeling?

• Wedge!Wedge! Registered User regular
    Woot, I'm stoked. Been training my liver all year for this.

• kemikalkemikal Registered User regular
    I don't think I'll be able to make it to this, but I'll post this here: http://thedrunkenmoogle.com/

Assassin's Ball, Prime '13: @CowboyVerse
    TWDT '13: Hufflepuff OotP
  • InitialdorInitialdor Seattle's Carl Registered User regular

Can it take any spell and turn it into the ultimate one: Boston's More Than a Feeling?

Yes and Yes.

The Front and Back of my Foreigner Belt. The small speakers are kind of limiting, but connecting them to a Nook Color with a "DAC Boost" enchantment gives them a respectable volume.

2018 West: Badges [x] TWDT [Rclaw TT] Cosplay: Still bald. Still single. Still lovin' it!
    "Fantasy football still counts as fantasy." -DnD Greg

Yes and Yes.

The Front and Back of my Foreigner Belt. The small speakers are kind of limiting, but connecting them to a Nook Color with a "DAC Boost" enchantment gives them a respectable volume.

This is the greatest thing I have ever seen.

• courtneyjcourtneyj Newcastle, WARegistered User regular

Yes and Yes.

You need to find a way to build this over a jammy pack http://www.jammypack.com/

• KellyShepard087KellyShepard087 Myrtle Beach SCRegistered User regular
    I gotta come up with a great Hufflepuff costume, I'm thinking Japanese Schoolgirl style. Suddenly it looks like a great thing my brother got me a wicked cool Hufflepuff pin.
    I can't find a pic small enough to link, but here is a link to a site that sells the set of all the pins.
    I got the pin a year or two before the movies came out, and it's lived on my purse/messenger bag ever since.

- Biting's excellent! It's like kissing. Only there's a winner.

Pax Attendee/Enforcer:
    Prime - '11 Attendee, '12 Enforcer, '13 Enforcer
    East - '12 Attendee, '15 Enforcer
    This possible House-Elf will have the ears again and now be the Quidditch Cheerleader. Hey. The Dark Lord totally loves Quidditch.

• StupidStupid Newcastle, NSWRegistered User regular
    I gotta come up with a great Hufflepuff costume, I'm thinking Japanese Schoolgirl style. Suddenly it looks like a great thing my brother got me a wicked cool Hufflepuff pin.
    I can't find a pic small enough to link, but here is a link to a site that sells the set of all the pins.
    I got the pin a year or two before the movies came out, and it's lived on my purse/messenger bag ever since.

There used to be a great web page that had detailed info on how to build a Harry Potter style outfit for about $50. Sadly, mainstream has hit and I can't find the link since it's buried under dozens of "professional" made-in-china costume kits.

We made ours from clothing and other items we purchased at Goodwill. The hardest part was the robe, which were made from a couple of bedsheets (also from Goodwill) and a bottle of gold and a bottle of black RIT dye, plus about 6 hours in front of a sewing machine.

We did buy the ties new from eBay for $10 each.

26904.png
This discussion has been closed.