As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Wrestling] Note: Brock Lesnar died on his way to his home planet

• wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    WZ has confirmed with sources that John Cena winning the WWE Championship Money in the Bank Match wasn't the original plan when the bout was set weeks prior.

Sources have confirmed the original plan was for Chris Jericho to win the briefcase, and then become the first superstar to cash in unsuccessfully. One of the top plans was for Jericho to attempt to cash in later in the pay-per-view after the CM Punk and Daniel Bryan match.

WWE then decided the week of the show that they would instead go with John Cena winning, which reportedly is why the CM Punk WWE Championship match got bumped from being the last on the card. WWE officials felt the PPV ending wouldn't be climactic enough if the CM Punk bout ended the show without anyone coming out to cash in the briefcase won earlier in the night.

Standard "WrestleZone" disclaimers apply but if true I'm glad they made the change. I don't want to see Punk and Jericho feuding again.

Still no excuse for not ending the PPV with Punk/Bryan though.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    seems like Cena could have cut the same promo at the end of the PPV as he did on Raw

but they probably wanted it to be on the ep before the 1000th

• SpoochSpooch Registered User regular
    To think I was so close to going 100% in the last PPV :(

Assuming direct control O-O
  • MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    So Cena's winning on Monday, right?

• Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Maximum wrote: »

Doubtful. Reports came out yesterday saying that the reason Punk and Sheamus ultimately retained is because Hunter thinks (rightfully so) that longer reigns make belts more important, and the changes more important, so Punk and Sheamus are holding the gold for a little while longer.

Maximum wrote: »

Maybe? Apparently HHH wants longer title reigns to make the titles more important but I don't see a problem with Cena winning the title on Monday and losing it back to Punk at Summerslam.

Meh, I take those reports with a grain of salt.

Basically of the same mind as Wirehead though, if they plan on doing Cena/Punk at SS then him winning makes sense.

edited July 2012
    I get the thought process of a long title reign equaling more prestiege but I'm more in favor of a heel holding on to it. Say what you will about HHH's reign of terror back in 2002 and 2003 but when he lost the title to Benoit at Mania XX it was a huge deal. Same for JBL dropping the title to Cena at Mania 21 even if the crowd had already started to turn on him.

And the most recent example, Austin Aries ending Bobby Roode's 9 month Impact title reign.

wirehead26 on
    I find it amusing that Raw's been to Iraq more than it's been to New Mexico.

• MichelanvaloMichelanvalo Registered User regular
    Long title reigns can really work out if you throw a whole host of guys at someone. But looking at the recent Punk/Bryan feud, what would have worked there is if the two of them traded the belt 3/4 times. It gives you a much better sense that they are evenly matched, rather than Punk winning every single time.

• Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Oh shit that thing at NYWC with Raven is tonight. I thought it was Saturday. Looks like I'm not goin.

• PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    Did you honestly expect anything involving Raven to be good? In 2012?

PwnanObrien on
    Mwx884o.jpg
    I think I read somewhere that the 1000th episode is actually the 1001st, I think it's to do with the Benoit tribute episode not counting or something?

Assuming direct control O-O
    edited July 2012
    Spooch wrote: »
    I think I read somewhere that the 1000th episode is actually the 1001st, I think it's to do with the Benoit tribute episode not counting or something?

To be fair I think sometime in 1994(?) they had a power outage at the arena and only like three minutes of the show were broadcast before they just played an old episode. So, it probably evens out.

PwnanObrien on
    Mwx884o.jpg
  • KurnDerakKurnDerak Registered User regular
    Is it just me, or does TNA tonight feel more like it should be a MMA show and not a Pro-wrestling show? Though that may be because I'm used to and mildly spoiled by WWEs production team.

The show isn't starting with Bully Ray and his mid match tweeting? I am suddenly less interested.

I like this angle of the Aces & Eights taking out everybody in TNA one by one.

• MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    Don't worry it has TNA's inability to have a camera where they need it. Need to be faster especially when it's obvious what's happening. Have the song play through once and then cut to Angle getting stomped. I hope they start revealing members of Aces & Eights soon.

So far only two identities are known of the Aces & Eights. PWInsider or somebody said one of them is an unknown indy guy, and another is Luke Gallows.

On that 1000 episodes of raw by the numbers thing, I'm a bit surprised at a few of the states that haven't had a Raw. I'm not surprised by Wyoming, but quite surprised by the rest.

• Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    punk's had a plenty long enough run, but I don't really see the point of him dropping the belt to cena. Plus I don't think cena winning the belt back would really provide the payoff that would come with punk dropping it to someone else

they're still kind of in a box with cena's character because I guess they aren't willing to have him do a heel run (even an ironic one like the one the rock did back in the day)

I think a punk/jericho angle could've been pretty great with some better writing than they had last time around

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    Did you honestly expect anything involving Raven to be good? In 2012?

To be fair if it's the show I'm thinking of then it's also going to have Tony Nese and Jigsaw on it, so there's that.
    Seriously, NYWC is pretty good.

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
    Pope looks kind of like a shiney, post-apocalyptic Kofi Kingston.,

Oh wow. According to Dixie's Twitter, Chavo Guerrero is a new member of TNA, and will IMPACT debut next week.

I think a short term Punk/Cena feud could be good what with Punk getting two big wins over Cena last year.

With Rock winning Mania and how big Rock is at this point, I'm worried of any feud he will end up in because I see almost no way he could lose.

I think a short term Punk/Cena feud could be good what with Punk getting two big wins over Cena last year.

With Rock winning Mania and how big Rock is at this point, I'm worried of any feud he will end up in because I see almost no way he could lose unless he and Cena do a rematch at WM.

Is it just me, or did Pope and Joe really go at it during the end of that match?

It kind of seemed like that, it became a really awkward looking match once Joe's mouth got hurt. Like Pope caught him and hurt him, and then didn't give a fuck about not hurting it further, and Joe tapped him out. The ending was very much like MMA.

I still don't know if Jeff Hardy painting his eyelids like eyes is the creepiest or coolest thing ever, and it's been happening for at least 7 months now.

Yayyyyy Eric Young's back!

God damnit. I have the volume down while I'm watching Giant Bomb's TNT stream but how the fuck is this still going on? Abort this angle.

Mwx884o.jpg
    When did EY's face decide to turn into a chia pet? EY and ODB? When did that happen? I must say, completely unexpected but I approve.

How long until another AJ/Daniels/no name woman swerve?

EY and ODB have been a thing all year, and EY's beard even longer.

And the less said about the AJ angle at this point, the better. I'm just choosing to ignore it at this point. Hopefully the Aces & Eights attack them all at some point, the baby gets aborted, and the angle joins soon after.

What is Gut Check?

Right on cue, Aces & Eights!

Only this time attacking a non-employee!

The baby is really the leader of Aces and Eights, and they are taking out everyone one at a time that is a part of any angle that isn't currently directly tied to the AJ/Daniels angle.

That can't be true Kurt Angle is kind of AJ's tag team partner and sort of part of the angle.

• HawkstoneHawkstone Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things. Somewhere outside of BarstowRegistered User regular
    So far only two identities are known of the Aces & Eights. PWInsider or somebody said one of them is an unknown indy guy, and another is Luke Gallows.

Look up the now defunct Ring Ka King roster, pick out the names you know that aren't currently being used on the main TNA roster and you will get a good idea who most of them are.

Inside of a dog...it's too dark to read.
This discussion has been closed.