As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Wrestling] Note: Brock Lesnar died on his way to his home planet

• Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    Hawkstone wrote: »
    So far only two identities are known of the Aces & Eights. PWInsider or somebody said one of them is an unknown indy guy, and another is Luke Gallows.

Look up the now defunct Ring Ka King roster, pick out the names you know that aren't currently being used on the main TNA roster and you will get a good idea who most of them are.

Bullshit. I'd be able to tell if one of them were Scott Steiner.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    HawkstoneHawkstone Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things. Somewhere outside of BarstowRegistered User regular
    edited July 2012
    Stiener is obviously out due to his recent not just burning but napalming all bridges involving TNA.

Edit...I am just saying they are already paying them...might as well use em.

Hawkstone on
    Inside of a dog...it's too dark to read.
  • Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
  • Options
    KurnDerakKurnDerak Registered User regular
    Magell wrote: »
    Joe said he dislocated his jaw and has managed to relocate it.

OW! I wondered what happened to his mouth as he left poking his finger and such in there.

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Hahahaha, Anderson just won on the most botched rollup I've seen in a while.

• Options
    What was with that floppy fish finish?

• Options
    I think I'm actually going to vomit looking at those pictures.

• Options
    So, did she have something to tell him in public or not? I wasn't paying attention. Was it in public or private?

Also, why is she getting heel heat from the crowd?

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Calling it now, AJ was passed out and the photos are a set up and they didn't actually do anything.

You know what would be fun? The feuds get messed up and TNA get's the wrong AJ, and suddenly Daniel Bryan and the wrong AJ get married Monday. It couldn't make this any worse....

Pwn: She came out and showed AJ pictures of them on bed that she took with I'm assuming her phone, there was a bottle of Jack Daniels perfectly positioned for product placement (unintentional pregnancy from drunken sex, is that their target audience?).

KurnDerak on
  • Options
    Is RVDs theme so that he remembers who he is and what his main moves are after all the pot he's smoked over the years?

• Options
    This is the second Open Fight Night in a row where Daniels has been called out while drinking an appletini. This is clearly a conspiracy. Let Daniels Drink 2012 let's start a petition

• Options
    APPLTINNI *clap clap clapclapclap*

• Options
    Any chance the 5th card left around when the Aces & Eights are left will somehow mean something, or is it just there to make it 5 cards?

• Options
    Is that crowd chanting "We want t-shirts?" What the hell is wrong with this crowd?

• Options
    They cut a commercial to come back to say they were going back to commercial.

• Options
    HawkstoneHawkstone Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things. Somewhere outside of BarstowRegistered User regular
    That commercial deal was weird...trouble sinking up the thing live?

• Options
    The fifth card should be the fifth card from the Deadman's Hand which should be some queen.

• Options
    Yes chants on the cross face semi redeems asking for t-shirts.

• Options
    That awkward moment when even Aces & Eights don't like Bobby Roode

• Options
    Total Nonstop Anarchy! Get it? Tazz, you so funny.

• Options
    I kind of want one of the Aces & Eights to be Joey Ryan, just because I want to see Tazz get his ass kicked because he's so bad at commentating sometimes.

So bad.

• Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    I miss crazy teams cutting backstage promos together.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ibkCchEqB8&feature=related

Ooh, I think that was from when I had JUST started watching...

Thanks!

I sort of wish they'd continued those yearly Raw recaps, just so I could eventually see that stuff again.

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Dyvim Tvar wrote: »
    Did you honestly expect anything involving Raven to be good? In 2012?

To be fair if it's the show I'm thinking of then it's also going to have Tony Nese and Jigsaw on it, so there's that.
    Seriously, NYWC is pretty good.

It is, yeah. Nese was teaming up with Zack Ryder's buddy the Big O.

Also, some other CHIKARA guys were supposed to be on (up to 3 total is the number I saw).

• Options
    So, yea... Charlie Sheen's twitter is indeed gone now. Any word on WWE's response to this?

I still want him there in person just yelling what he would have tweeted.

• Options
    KurnDerak wrote: »
    So, yea... Charlie Sheen's twitter is indeed gone now. Any word on WWE's response to this?

That would be way better than him actually tweeting about the show.

• Options

WWE didn't even acknowledge the Twitter thing for their 1000th show hype. It was a case of them just hoping everybody forgot about it and moving on.

• Options
    I think they could probably get a pop from specifically mentioning it's not going to happen. Then again I keep waiting for a "die twitter die" chant.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    I think they could probably get a pop from specifically mentioning it's not going to happen. Then again I keep waiting for a "die twitter die" chant.

At this point I'd rather have a "die Tout die" chant.

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Its so fucking miniscule that I have managed to successfully ignore pretty much every twitter thing.

• Options
    Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    And let's be honest here; if a guy who doesn't follow wrestling would be shown a picture of Ryback and CM Punk and would be asked "Who here would you consider a pro wrestler?" they'd pick Ryback. It's not fair but in general people would take a bigger guy more seriously because he looks like he can handle himself in a fight. Now Punk overcame that due to his talent but it's rare.

In fairness, that also has the stereotype formed over the years behind it. The image of a guy whose shoulders rise above their head is probably more typically representative for someone who doesn't know wrestling than someone who looks like they can move.

Well Ryback can move really well for his size.

Uh, I don't think he was talking about how fast they can run 100m, he was talking about their wrestling ability (which Ryback doesn't have much of).

Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • Options
    411Randle411Randle Librarian Oook.Registered User regular

Thanks!

I sort of wish they'd continued those yearly Raw recaps, just so I could eventually see that stuff again.

The best part for me is, I remember that exact episode after that one, where they had the match. Basically the match broke down after about ten minutes, and then it was thirty minutes of Owen, Bulldog, Yoko, King Mabel, and Dean Douglas beating the crap out of Diesel, Shawn, and Taker. It was also where Mabel accidentally shattered Taker's orbital bone, leading to Phantom of the Opera Taker. The only other match on the show was Makin' A Difference Fatu beating Skip. I don't know why I remember it so well, but I do.

1) Silence 2) Books must be returned by the last date shown 3) Do not interfere with the nature of causality
  • Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    Magell wrote: »
    Joe said he dislocated his jaw and has managed to relocate it.

OW! I wondered what happened to his mouth as he left poking his finger and such in there.

Props to Joe for finishing the match if he really did dislocate his jaw there. Looked like he over committed the bounce off the turnbuckle and jacked his own jaw to me. I imagine dude was seeing stars every time he took a hit to the face or thrown on the back of his head.

• Options
    Alistair HuttonAlistair Hutton Dr EdinburghRegistered User regular
    THE AJ-DANIEL BRYAN WEDDING PLANNING VIDEO IS THE CUTEST THING EVER!

I have a thoughtful and infrequently updated blog about games http://whatithinkaboutwhenithinkaboutgames.wordpress.com/

I made a game, it has penguins in it. It's pay what you like on Gumroad.

Currently Ebaying Nothing at all but I might do in the future.
  • Options
    When you click on their Twitter account of the Aces and Eights, it says they being followed by Jeff Jarrett & D Lo Brown, but not by anyone else in TNA. The following wrestlers are following them or tweeted about the group: Luke Gallows, Jay Bradley, Cliff Compton, Chris Masters, Wes Brisco, Jeff Jarrett, & D Lo Brown.

Gallows and Brisco have been confirmed as taking part in the group attacks thus far.

• Options
    LTMLTM Bikes and BeardsRegistered User regular
    Maybe Sheen killing his Twitter is part of the work.

He'll announce that he's the new face of Tout on the 1000th episode.

• Options
    When you click on their Twitter account of the Aces and Eights, it says they being followed by Jeff Jarrett & D Lo Brown, but not by anyone else in TNA. The following wrestlers are following them or tweeted about the group: Luke Gallows, Jay Bradley, Cliff Compton, Chris Masters, Wes Brisco, Jeff Jarrett, & D Lo Brown.

Gallows and Brisco have been confirmed as taking part in the group attacks thus far.

Apparently the dude with the long blonde hair matches Compton's current look as well. Havent seen him since he was " domino" so I wouldnt really know for sure.

• Options
    MichelanvaloMichelanvalo Registered User regular
    411Randle wrote: »

Thanks!

The best part for me is, I remember that exact episode after that one, where they had the match. Basically the match broke down after about ten minutes, and then it was thirty minutes of Owen, Bulldog, Yoko, King Mabel, and Dean Douglas beating the crap out of Diesel, Shawn, and Taker. It was also where Mabel accidentally shattered Taker's orbital bone, leading to Phantom of the Opera Taker. The only other match on the show was Makin' A Difference Fatu beating Skip. I don't know why I remember it so well, but I do.

God I remember that. That was late '94 well into Diesel's championship run.

I remember when Phantom of the Opera Undertaker ended at Royal Rumble '96 when Bret ripped the mask off his face.

• Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Kane's current mask reminds me a lot of Taker's mask during that time.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    In an interview with Extreme Pro Wrestling Radio on 100.3 KFAN-FM after competing at the Smackdown tapings on Tuesday in San Diego, California, Road Warrior Animal may have spoiled the Heath Slater angle set for RAW 1000.

He commented on rumors that "Stone Cold" Steve Austin will appear, who had not been announced by WWE. Animal said: "Austin will definitely give him the stunner, ya know thats coming! Fans get ready, you're gonna see a stunner!"

Animal, who appeared on RAW in 1997 and 1998 also said he will be there. He added: "I will be making an appearance...people will see that my spikes from SmackDown were excellently repainted! Yeah, I'll be there all painted up, with bells on boys! If it happens it happens, I'm ready! It's gonna be star studded, on my flight alone is me, DDP and Bret "Hitman" Hart!"

• Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    Everyone knows that Austin will be last guy to destroy Slater.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
This discussion has been closed.