As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

components in a wireless xbox contollers

dholmesdholmes Registered User new member
edited July 2012 in Games and Technology
hi

i am a software engineer student, i am on my final project

for this project i need to research a few things so i thought i would start here.

i need help from anyone that knows all the components inside an xbox controller.
i am particulary interested in the components that are used to connect the wireless xbox controller to an xbox and the vibration components aswell .

if you have any diagrams of the components and descriptions it would be greatly appreciated

Thank you in advance

dholmes on

• Options
    acidlacedpenguinacidlacedpenguin Institutionalized Safe in jail.Registered User regular
    what's there really to know about the vibrators? They're just an unbalanced weight connected to a DC motor via a rotating shaft... Aplly voltage, weight spins, causes vibrations from the wobble.
    The wireless radio is a little tricky, I don't know much about how it operates from a hardware perspective, and it's encrypted to discourage 3rd parties from making unlicensed peripherals, there are a few places that seem to have reverse engineered the encryption but none of them would tell you how, so you're not going to find much about the software side of things.

Do you have access to the PCB of an xbox 360 controller? You might want to get one and either a quanba PCB or a PS360+ so you could analyze the differences if you need to get that in-depth.

GT: Acidboogie PSNid: AcidLacedPenguiN