As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[PRIME] PAX Prime 2012 Fitness Group [Meet up on Sunday at 1]

• VersuskidVersuskid Maui, HIRegistered User regular
    edited July 2012
    21 Challenge: Start out and do 20 burpee's and 1 push up then do 19 burpee's and 2 push up's, 18 and 3, 17 and 4 ect. In tell you get to 20 push up's 1 burpee.

@PayneTrayne This is my "quest".

Versuskid on
    Prime 2014 Status: .[ ] Pass(es) .[ ] Hotel .[ ] Plane Tickets .Waiting Patiently [NEVER!!]
    Challenge Coin [ ]. Custom Dice [ ]. Forumer Pin [ ]. On Forumer Badge [ ]
    Attendee: Prime '12, '13
  • AlikaAlika GoneCross Registered User regular
    Versuskid wrote: »
    21 Challenge: Start out and do 20 burpee's and 1 push up then do 19 burpee's and 2 push up's, 18 and 3, 17 and 4 ect. In tell you get to 20 push up's 1 burpee.

@PayneTrayne This is my "quest".

This did get me the "Century Push" Quest for 350. On a related note I would be cool if Fitocracy users could submit Quest ideas and then have the community vote on them.

Versuskid wrote: »
    Alika wrote: »
    Versuskid, where did your 21 challenge go? Took me 25'40" to complete. A lot harder then I expected. Must of sweat at least 2lbs off.

I didn't get any reply's, I can re-post it if you want? And good job man! You have successfully done 210 burpee's and 210 Push up's

Ya I was pretty surprised after I calculated the summation. Thanks for the interesting challenge.

afeil117 wrote: »
    I really need to plan a day to do my 21 challenge... but man, I hate burpees.

Do the first set of burpees with a knee-high, jump squat. You'll love the rest of the regular burpees after that.

• MogsMogs Registered User regular
    I can tell it's going to be a bit more challenging to hold a spot in the top 3 this time around. (Bombchelle, I'm looking at you)

• afeil117afeil117 Registered User regular
    Are you kidding, I was hoping for top 5... what the hell do you people do!?!

Rocko Is NOT Amused!
    edited July 2012
    Does anyone know if Fitocracy takes into account how much you weigh when calculating points for weightlifting activities? (looking at weight lifted as a % of your weight, as opposed to each lb being worth a set amount)

Mogs on
  • BombchelleBombchelle Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    It's only been a week ;) Lots of time for me to bomb out of the top ten ;)

Bombchelle on
  • PayneTraynePayneTrayne Canuck Registered User regular
    Mogs wrote: »
    Does anyone know if Fitocracy takes into account how much you weigh when calculating points for weightlifting activities? (looking at weight lifted as a % of your weight, as opposed to each lb being worth a set amount)

I would assume so. There doesn't seem to be a flat amount of points for bench press and things like that. I've seen light weights getting tons of points, I just assumed they were lighter people.

PAX East 2015:Get on Pokecrawl Team Yellow Silver [ ] Pass [X] Vacation Time [X] Hotel [X] Flights [ ] PAX East 2015 Complete [ X ] Sell Extra Set of Badges because Friend Bailed [ ]
    I swear to God... watching the leader board change is going to give me an aneurysm.

Rocko Is NOT Amused!
  • SquirrelOnFireSquirrelOnFire Just this guy, you know? SeattleRegistered User regular
    I swear to God... watching the leader board change is going to give me an aneurysm.

I know what you mean, which is why I've made beating you my goal since you edged me out during the last challenge. Better get moving - the fat man is ahead of you for now!

edited July 2012
    "Triathlon - Super Sprint" (cycle 10k, run 2.5k, swim 400m) quest completed! Next up "Monkeying Around" (10 pullups, 10 chinups, 10 parallel grip pullups, 5 wide grip pullups in a single workout).

Oh and I saw this on Fitocracy and thought about you folks.

When you go into the gym make it personal. Don't let anything stop you. Go into the gym and CRUSH YOUR GOALS.

Alika on
    Tried to workout today... got half a mile into the run and got sick. Don't know if I ate something bad or what, but it sucks, feel like balls.

Rocko Is NOT Amused!
  • Tar3820Tar3820 The One and Only Sunnyvale, CARegistered User regular

I know what you mean, which is why I've made beating you my goal since you edged me out during the last challenge. Better get moving - the fat man is ahead of you for now!

There's a tri quest? Mission accepted!

PRIME 2012: 3-day Pass [X] Hotel [X] Plane Tickets [X] Buttons [X] VacationTime [X]
    !Ravenclaw Deatheaters, represent!
    I am so not a fan of this "must destroy Aaron's score" thing... this stuff is hard enough without you guys gunning for me. Haha

Rocko Is NOT Amused!
  • vgcvgc United StatesRegistered User regular
    This morning's workout sucked, but I completed 6 quests due to it! They're mostly from doing squats. I also made a bet with my instructor that I'm going to do this twice today. *sob*

I know the idea of a meet-up at PAX was briefly entertained a bit ago...should we try to throw together a plan, for those who are interested?

Sounds good to me. I'd prefer that it was somewhat short however, enough for a meet and greet and while at the meet up people can make plans to go for lunch or something of the like. I'd like to meet all y'all and take a big group picture, other than that I don't really know what else to do at a fitness meet-up.

PAX East 2015:Get on Pokecrawl Team Yellow Silver [ ] Pass [X] Vacation Time [X] Hotel [X] Flights [ ] PAX East 2015 Complete [ X ] Sell Extra Set of Badges because Friend Bailed [ ]
    other than that I don't really know what else to do at a fitness meet-up.

Arm wrestling tourney.

• adias.angeladias.angel Tech-Savvy Wife Kalamazoo, MIRegistered User regular
    HIGHLY recommend a sign of some sort to hold up. At East it was kind of heard to find everyone for the meet up because they blended into the crowd.

Prime '12, '13, '14, '15, '19 .. East '12
    Something informal and on the shorter side is probably best - So much to do at PAX!

HIGHLY recommend a sign of some sort to hold up. At East it was kind of heard to find everyone for the meet up because they blended into the crowd.

If it's during the day, I will be in costume, and will likely stick out like a sore thumb.

I know a few people were saying they were attending the PPP, so I just figured I'd see people there.

Rocko Is NOT Amused!
    I will be at the Hookah meet-up and the board game night pre-PAX. During PAX, my time will be divided among LRR, PA Q&A and just general tom-foolery. I've also applied to be an Enforcer so that may put a damper on timers.

With that being said, I will definitely bring a sign, or wear an incredibly distinguishing piece of clothing as well as post a picture of myself. I only found the people at East who had their pictures as their avatars.

• RobogirlRobogirl Local Badass SeattleRegistered User regular
    I wrote this post a few days ago from my phone, but the pax website wouldn't let me paste it, so most of this is in response to stuff a few pages back. Sorry!

I'm littleicarus on fitocracy. My goal is 155 by pax, fingers crossed(otherwise I fail my SA toxx and have to pay to rereg, sigh). Anyways, I've made decent progress on my lifts, at least, even if I am the only lady in the free weights area. All in all, not bad for only about 1.5 months of serious effort.
    Week 3 Day 1 of Couch to 2k was a success :) I know its cliche but I listened to Better, Faster, Stronger. Harder on the 3 minute jogging portions and it really helped :) Does anyone have any other power/motivational workout songs they recommend?

I could pretty much listen to that over and over again and be pumped all day. Check out prodigy's songs "invaders must die" and "spitfire". The first gets me mega pumped, the second makes me feel like a bad ass.

As far as a pre or post meetup goes, I'm down! A note on afk, though, is that its about 30-40 minutes north of downtown, and pretty pricey. Really cool atmosphere, food and drinks, though. Another game-themed place is cafe mox, in Ballard(about 15 minutes north of downtown), its decent all around but more about tabletop gaming than video mediums. Less of a variety of food items, too. Both places are pretty spendy. Both are all ages.

I'm down either way(would prefer afk personally), and can offer carpool if people need it. Maybe sometime before the triwizard tournament as a prefunk, or after stuff shuts down Sunday?

• lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    i just joined up with fitocracy and the group.

i'm slowly working my way to a fitter me!

i go to the gym about 4 times a week, 2 of those with a trainer. I've started a new eating plan and stuff.

now to catch up with this thread....

Welcome lonelyhava!

On the subject of meetups and for local Seattlites: will you be up for a meetup before PAX? I'm going to be pretty busy right before PAX and it'll be nice to meet some of you before all of the hooplah.

• lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    I'm kinda curious!

I don't know the names of some of the exercises that my trainer has me do!

So how do I put them into fitocracy? I know I do more than what I've put in so far for my training sessions, but I don't know the names.

Man, I have quite a beef with Fitocracy lately. I just did one of the hardest workouts I have done since high school wrestling practice, and Fit gave me less than 400pts. I can get that running 4 miles, with WAY less effort. They need to fix the Crossfit workouts. I really don't think they take into account the intensity and speed the workouts are done at. Also, Payne... you are a freaking animal; how long did that take you? Wow.

I'm feeling this one with you. I did 3 rounds of 10 clean squats and 20 2ft box jumps for time and was pretty blasted. I wish there was some way to create rounds of exercises with time in the advanced section.

Thinking of picking up a few tickets to Arco's post pax party. Who else is coming? I'd also entertain some pre-pax meetups.

In terms of during event communication I was pretty happy last year with Google+ group chat. What is everybody else using?

Alika wrote: »
    Man, I have quite a beef with Fitocracy lately. I just did one of the hardest workouts I have done since high school wrestling practice, and Fit gave me less than 400pts. I can get that running 4 miles, with WAY less effort. They need to fix the Crossfit workouts. I really don't think they take into account the intensity and speed the workouts are done at. Also, Payne... you are a freaking animal; how long did that take you? Wow.

I'm feeling this one with you. I did 3 rounds of 10 clean squats and 20 2ft box jumps for time and was pretty blasted. I wish there was some way to create rounds of exercises with time in the advanced section.

Thinking of picking up a few tickets to Arco's post pax party. Who else is coming? I'd also entertain some pre-pax meetups.

In terms of during event communication I was pretty happy last year with Google+ group chat. What is everybody else using?

I got tickets. It is one of my favorite parts of PAX, so I will be there to buy you a beer if nothing else.

Rocko Is NOT Amused!
    I've considered the party, it sounds really fun, but since I'm now unemployed I doubt I can swing it. Boo.

Robogirl wrote: »
    I've considered the party, it sounds really fun, but since I'm now unemployed I doubt I can swing it. Boo.

I understand that, Lord knows I've been there. I would say if you can beg, borrow, or steal your way in, it is very much worth it. I really think PAX has the best people in the world, and the PPP has the best of the best.

Rocko Is NOT Amused!

I understand that, Lord knows I've been there. I would say if you can beg, borrow, or steal your way in, it is very much worth it. I really think PAX has the best people in the world, and the PPP has the best of the best.

Its tempting, I've always wanted to go to pax parties, official or not. I feel like I'm missing out on a major part of the pax social experience. We'll see, maybe if I get approved for unemployment and tickets arent sold out.

Anyways, I'm pleased to have finally broken through my plateau on my bench. It's only up 5 lbs, to 90, but I was "stuck" at 85 for like a month since I failed some reps at 95 and was being a chicken about increasing. Feels good, man.

It's not much, but I've only been lifting 2 months, and my squat & bench have gone up 25, and my deadlift 90. Yay progress, even if it is slow, I guess. not bad for a lady :)

I got tickets. It is one of my favorite parts of PAX, so I will be there to buy you a beer if nothing else.

This event sounds awesome already, but I can never say no to free beer. Ticket be bought.

Improved my mile time by a minute in less than a month(11:36 to 10:42). I'm pretty satisfied, as I think that's the only time in my life I've ran a mile all the way through, and last time I had to slow to a walk several times. Felt good, especially since I didn't drop below the speed I normally do c25k on.

I feel like this was mentioned briefly, but who all is going to run for your lives? My boyfriend and I are on the 11am wave.

We're considering just getting a cheap hotel room the night before, that way we don't have to deal with traffic(and waking up at way-too-early o'clock). If anyone else is interested in splitting the cost of a room, feel free send me a PM.

Improved my mile time by a minute in less than a month(11:36 to 10:42). I'm pretty satisfied, as I think that's the only time in my life I've ran a mile all the way through, and last time I had to slow to a walk several times. Felt good, especially since I didn't drop below the speed I normally do c25k on.

I feel like this was mentioned briefly, but who all is going to run for your lives? My boyfriend and I are on the 11am wave.

We're considering just getting a cheap hotel room the night before, that way we don't have to deal with traffic(and waking up at way-too-early o'clock). If anyone else is interested in splitting the cost of a room, feel free send me a PM.

Myself and two friends are also in the 11:00 wave. I think we'll be waking up early and driving up from Portland. None of us are runners, and we haven't been running to prepare ourselves, but I'm looking forward to zombies all the same.

I might be interested in rooming with you. I don't run, but I signed up as a volunteer today. I think I'm a day late, but hopefully they'll accept my application. If it goes through, I'm all for staying in a motel the night before.

• RavengerRavenger Trolololo Registered User regular
    Hello again all. I've been busy busy busy busy, so I haven't been posting here as much as I should be. I've been going over employment and business opportunities, and an idea struck me. As a general idea, does an online personal trainer correspondance program sound like something you folks would be interested in as consumers? I've done it before with adequate success, but only on a small scale. I do know that it works, but there has to be a demand for it to be a viable method of exercise training. Thoughts?

<@heels&gt; Ravenger: i do not talk to anyone
    <+Ravenger> you are talking to me
    <@heels&gt; oh god, what am i doing
    Welp, being exceedingly, extraordinarily, pissed sure does wonders on one's workout. I'm up to 3 pull-ups now and I must have done 5 sets of them so far during work and I'm itching to go work out. Still pissed, and will hopefully stay that way until after my work out is done.

Ravenger wrote: »
    Hello again all. I've been busy busy busy busy, so I haven't been posting here as much as I should be. I've been going over employment and business opportunities, and an idea struck me. As a general idea, does an online personal trainer correspondance program sound like something you folks would be interested in as consumers? I've done it before with adequate success, but only on a small scale. I do know that it works, but there has to be a demand for it to be a viable method of exercise training. Thoughts?
    I do like the idea, but it would lack for a few things. You'd have a hard time getting the idea of the correct form, I find it easiest to have someone there to guide through the movements. Also, very nice to have the PT there to motivate you during your workout which would be rather hard to do.

This discussion has been closed.