As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Bellevue/Seattle Residents: PAX Map

13»

• Options
    MonkeybombMonkeybomb Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    I have only ever sung karaoke once and that was just because I had two black chicks that volunteered to back me up on "Love Shack."

I was all, "Okay, you dudes find me two women to do back up vocals and I'll fucking go up there."

That's what I get.

Monkeybomb on
    Xbox Live Gamertag: Triplemonkeybom
    monkeysig-1.jpg
  • Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2006
    Weaver wrote:
    Rock Bottom has karaoke on Sunday nights I think, other than that Seattle's Best karaoke is across the lake and is where we went last year.

I don't know where you went last year.

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    The Geek wrote:
    Any good karaoke in the area?

If you take NE 8th (the yellow street along the top) east to 148th, you reach Best Wok, they have Karaoke on a regular basis.

But for decent Karaoke you'd have to head to Seattle, Tacoma, or Gig Harbor.

Understand that by doing so you run the risk of death by a variety of entertaining means.

Taramoor on
  • Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    The Geek just search Seattle's Best Karaoke. It a joint where you get your own private room with couches & stuff.

Weaver on
  • Options
    DocDoc Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2006
    There is also Ozzy's in the Queen Ann district. It's one of those smoky, loud Karaoke bars if that's your thing.

Doc on
  • Options
    kolekole Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    Bellevue Square Mall food

outside/attached to mall

Nordstrom Grill
    P.F. Chang's China Bistro
    Pagliacci Pizza
    Red Robin
    Ruth's Chris Steak House
    The Cheesecake Factory

inside the mall

Auntie Anne's
    Baskin-Robbins Ice Cream
    Cento & Fanti
    Cinnabon
    Godiva Chocolatier
    Harry and David
    McDonald's
    Mora Iced Creamery
    Mrs. Field's Cookies
    My Favorite Piroshky
    New York Cupcakes
    Orange Julius
    Ricenroll
    Seattle's Best Coffee
    Specialty's Cafe & Bakery
    Starbucks Coffee at The Lodge
    Sweet Factory
    Taco Del Mar
    Tully's Coffee
    World Wrapps

link to map

and yes, all the close food has been leveled [subway, hotdog shop]. you can always order a pizza and pick it up at the front door.

kole on
  • Options
    spydeyspydey Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    ctishman wrote:
    Added Kohona and What the Pho. Didn't add The Collection, because it looks like you could basically walk into downtown Bellevue, look right or left, and find one of the member stores.

Google Earth KMZ File

This is nice. Thanks for putting it together.

spydey on
    cp468kw5.gif
  • Options
    AerophisAerophis Gamer Dad Issaquah WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2006
    Okay, I live in Bellevue, you've got to at least add on:

Jamba Juice (the best smoothies in the world) and Chipotle (similar to Baja Fresh or Taco Del Mar). Both are Kiddie Corner from Sea Dragon.

Also, in the Belle Square Mall (same area as Red Robin) there is a sandwich shop in the food court called "Specialties Cafe & Bakery." I highly recommend Specialties for a decent priced gourmet Sandwhich. Also, they make fresh bakery goodies like cookies, pastries, etc... so are a great place to stop for breakfast. For people interested, a complete list of half of the places already listed on this check out http://www.bellevuesquare.com/collection.php

As far as Pizza goes, if you want to order in to your Hotel, check out Garlic Jims. I think they have the absolute best pizza in Bellevue (although a little pricy).

Another place not to overlook is Whole Foods which is not too far off. (near Dennies). Whole foods has a lot of good food for the "health conscious."

****Please note that "What the Pho?" puts MSG in all of their soups. I wouldn't want any people allergic to MSG having their weekend ruined because of it!!****

Aerophis on
  • Options
    edited August 2006
    There was a hotdog place close to PAX last year that was pretty good. I don't know if it's still there.

spydey on
    cp468kw5.gif
  • Options
    LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2006
    spydey wrote:
    There was a hotdog place close to PAX last year that was pretty good. I don't know if it's still there.

Destroyed.

Legacy on
    Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
  • Options
    edited August 2006
    Legacy wrote:
    spydey wrote:

Destroyed.

Dang, I like that place. Oh well.

spydey on
    cp468kw5.gif
  • Options
    bartkusabartkusa Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    There is a Subway on maybe 8th and 110th? It's on 8th, I'm pretty sure of that.

There's a nice pool hall in Lincoln Square called the Parlor. 3rd floor, right near the theater. Sort of expensive, but it's cool if you have money to burn.

Btw, Lincoln Square has leather seats. Galleria doesn't.

There's a Maggiano's on 8th aaaaaaand just east of Bellevue Way. Don't know if that's been mentioned. It's a niceish Italian chain.

The Safeway is sort of lame. Their beer selection is not comprehensive. There's a QFC to the NW somewhere.

On about 108th and Main or so, there's a Jimmy Johns. Some prefer JJ's to Subway; I will not decide for you.

For those people looking to bus around and possibly even visit Pike Place (which is a great tourist trap), I present the King County Mass Transit Trip Planner: http://tripplanner.metrokc.gov/cgi-bin/itin_page.pl

You can't possibly come to PAX without working up a sweat first, right? There's some Ultimate Frisbee pickup games on the weekend. Check out http://www.discnw.org for times and places. I expect nobody to show up to these.

bartkusa on
    Mr. Rogers was emo.
  • Options
    LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2006
    bartkusa wrote:

It was demolished.

Legacy on
  • Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    Legacy wrote:
    bartkusa wrote:

It was demolished.

They moved it across the street.

Taramoor on
  • Options
    cold wolfcold wolf Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    The Geek wrote:
    I believe there's currently a video games exhibit running at the Pacific Science Center. I don't know how long it will be there, though.

EDIT: The intertron says it's running until August 31st.

I think this would be a highly worthy side-trip for any PAX attendee.
    I went there a couple weeks ago. It's worth $3, but not $15 or whatever it is they're charging for the whole place. Do NOT get a ticket to the rest of the museum because you don't have to (and it's a ripoff in my opinion). Just go around to the back where there's a gate and ticket booth.
    Doc wrote:
    Taramoor wrote:
    There are other, lesser known banks like Umpqua...
    As for entertainment at night, there is little else in Bellevue aside from what you listed. For shopping, Bellevue Square and the surrounding block or so should fit anyone's needs.
    I didn't read everything, but there's a pool bar (as in billiards) on the same floor as the Lincoln Square cinema. But like everywhere else, it's bloody expensive. Bellevue is for rich people, you know.

Which reminds me. I haven't a fucking clue what I'm doing here.

Anyway, the Taphouse has 160 drinks on tap, but it's pretty fancy. Still good for a crawl one night (max of 2 rounds tho, because it's something like 4 bucks a pop, maybe 4.50--usual Bellevue price).

Also, Kirkland has a street with some good bars and night scene, I've heard. If anyone's interested in the 10 minute drive. (Personally, I'd rather party with the Canadians, if I'm allowed. Better beer, and cheaper no doubt.)

Back to the money thing, just bring a debit card so you can get cashback when you buy something at Safeway or whatever. Fuck ATMs.

P.S. Red Robin FTW, bitches. (Try their Summer drink, Absolute Speckled Strawberry Limeade, or some shit like that.) (And their bottomless fries. Yes.)

cold wolf on
  • Options
    edited August 2006
    Legacy wrote:
    bartkusa wrote:

It was demolished.

I live in downtown Bellevue at this very moment. I've seen a subway sign on the side of a building, north side of 8th NE, I believe.

bartkusa on
    Mr. Rogers was emo.
  • Options
    edited August 2006
    bartkusa wrote:
    Legacy wrote:
    bartkusa wrote:

It was demolished.

I live in downtown Bellevue at this very moment. I've seen a subway sign on the side of a building, north side of 8th NE, I believe.

Ok, the one I was thinking of was demolished. It looks like it was relocated at least.

Now they can run out of food again.

Legacy on
  • Options
    edited August 2006
    Legacy wrote:
    What. Are you serious?

cold wolf on
  • Options
    edited August 2006
    cold wolf wrote:
    Legacy wrote:
    What. Are you serious?

The last two PAX's, they've ran out of bread... :D

I can understand the first year...but you'd think they'd remember...

Legacy on
  • Options
    edited August 2006
    Legacy wrote:
    cold wolf wrote:
    Legacy wrote:
    What. Are you serious?

Third time's a charm?

After Las Margeritas and Lincoln Square, I propose we continue the raids throughout Bellevue. Well, we'd pretty much be limited to bars at that time of night. Actually, that's perfect.

cold wolf on
  • Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited August 2006
    The Geek wrote:
    I believe there's currently a video games exhibit running at the Pacific Science Center. I don't know how long it will be there, though.

EDIT: The intertron says it's running until August 31st.

I think this would be a highly worthy side-trip for any PAX attendee.

Don't go. I live in Seattle, and it sucked (at least in my opinion)!!

O by the way, there's a Dairy Queen nearby, really close (across the street)

Unknown User on
  • Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited August 2006
    cold wolf wrote:
    Legacy wrote:
    cold wolf wrote:
    Legacy wrote:
    What. Are you serious?

Third time's a charm?

After Las Margeritas and Lincoln Square, I propose we continue the raids throughout Bellevue. Well, we'd pretty much be limited to bars at that time of night. Actually, that's perfect.

All with pitchforks and torches and raging mob mentality.

I don't see how anything could possibly go wrong.

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    MetroNinjaMetroNinja Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    Just FYI the dairy queen is the ghetto'est of them all. They removed the grill so there is ONLY hot dogs and ice cream...no burgers.

Rock bottom (in the galleria) has fantastic southwest shrip and chicken, and excellent mac and cheese.

Tap House (in the galleria next to Rock bottom) has some great appetizers and TONS of beer.

There is a mongolian grill about 4 blocks west of the convention center and it's a great eat if your a fat ass unlike me - unlimitted food. If you've never been to a mongolian grill basically you fill a big bowl with all the shit you want and they cook it for you.

If you want good bars I'd head to seattle proper, bellevue dies around 11 pm.

MetroNinja on
  • Options
    edited August 2006
    Legacy wrote:
    cold wolf wrote:
    Legacy wrote:
    What. Are you serious?

I think they have it under control. On the way back from work today, I noticed that there's a Subway south of Meidenbauer on 4th NE.

So yeah, one Subway to the South, one to the North. They're ready for us. Or that's what they think, anyway.

bartkusa on
    Mr. Rogers was emo.
  • Options
    edited August 2006
    bartkusa wrote:
    Legacy wrote:
    cold wolf wrote:
    Legacy wrote:
    What. Are you serious?

I think they have it under control. On the way back from work today, I noticed that there's a Subway south of Meidenbauer on 4th NE.

So yeah, one Subway to the South, one to the North. They're ready for us. Or that's what they think, anyway.

Yeah.

They had that there before.

Legacy on
  • Options
    b0wserb0wser PAX HHL Deputy Manager CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2006
    I'd have Fatburger, Jack in the Box, and The Lego Store on there. I haven't actually checked it out yet, but I will after I return from work.

b0wser on
  • Options
    QuickSnapQuickSnap Professional Beard Grower Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    Not sure whether or not this has been said but at Bellview square there is a kick ass steak joint, ruth's chris steak house. Its expensive I'm not gonna lie, But that place kicks so much ass. if you want real good steak and I mean REALY GOOD STEAK, that place is the place to go. You might need a reservation to go to the website and set it up, you can always cancle it later.

QuickSnap on
    6rceun58332p.png
This discussion has been closed.