As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Wrestling] Note: Brock Lesnar died on his way to his home planet

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    my other guess is it will be DX

• Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    Long title reigns can really work out if you throw a whole host of guys at someone. But looking at the recent Punk/Bryan feud, what would have worked there is if the two of them traded the belt 3/4 times. It gives you a much better sense that they are evenly matched, rather than Punk winning every single time.
    Yeah kind of sad this didnt happen since they put on great matches and both deserve a little time in the limelight.

But it looks like Bryan wont be dropped to midcard hell anytime soon with being tied up with AJ again. So hopefully it stays that way.

• Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    Oh geeze, so let me get this TNA angle straight.

AJ Styles was fucking Dixie Carter.
    He total wasnt and it was a cover up for a girl hooked on pills and shit.
    He totally fucked her though. Also shes pregnant because those angles never end badly.
    Except he didnt so much as do that as she raped him.

Sounds like a class act.

• Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Aces & Eights member update
    Cliff Compton is reportedly not involved with the Aces and Eights group. Compton has not as of yet signed with TNA and hasn't done any work with the group. Mike Knox, on the other hand, has been involved.

TNA is reportedly rotating people who won't be part of the group in and out in order to make it harder to know who will be in the group when it is revealed on-screen. Jeff Jarrett is possibly involved, while D'Lo Brown is unlikely to be a member outside the work that he's already done under the mask.
    ROH has announced that Michael Elgin has signed a long-term contract extension with the company.

• Options
    SpoochSpooch Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    With rumors circulating over the past few weeks, Wrestlezone can now confirm that The Undertaker will make his much anticipated return to WWE TV at the historic Raw 1,000th episode this coming Monday in St. Louis.

It is unclear what his role will be, but The Undertaker will be live on Raw Monday. He is among other Legends set for the show including The Rock, Degeneration X, Brock Lesnar and Mick Foley.

Also this is a pretty good article

http://ie.ign.com/articles/2012/07/20/wwe-raws-25-greatest-moments

Spooch on
    Assuming direct control O-O
  • Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    If Raw is just 3 hours of Heath Slater losing to old dudes, I would die happy.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    Slater is told he is the new Raw/Smackdown GM and walks out to the ring to engage the crowd on his success

he spends the rest of the evening taking bumps from every WWE alumni who could make it

at the end of the show he still believes he's GM because he's the one man band, baby

Xehalus on
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited July 2012
    Dolph Ziggler was reportedly livid with Sin Cara following Sunday’s Money in the Bank Ladder Match for a World Heavyweight Championship Contract at Money in the Bank.

According to SuperLuchas.net, a source within WWE says Ziggler vocally complained backstage over the SmackDown Superstar working stiffly and failing to protect him during a high risk maneuver off the top turnbuckle known as The Spanish Fly.

The errant spot nearly injured Ziggler, not to mention spurred a dubious Twitter trending topic—”Botch Cara.”

According to the source, Ziggler plans to file a formal complaint to WWE officers over Sin Cara so they can review the case further and decide whether the the high-flying grappler faces punishment.

In Sin Cara’s defense, footage indicates that Ziggler caused the spot to fail by slipping twice on the rope. Wrestling Observer editor Dave Meltzer stated Friday, “Ziggler slipped halfway through the move when Sin Cara’s back was already bent far enough he could do nothing but fall. It’s only Sin Cara’s fault if he had ESP and would have known Ziggler was about to slip.”

Also, the last of Heath Slater's encounters with WWE legends is rumored to be in this spoiler:

Goose! on
  • Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    I hope Ziggler doesn't complain. I had no clue what the fuck move that was supposed to be. I thought Ziggler slipped while trying to superplex Sin Cara, and Cara did all he could not to land on top of Ziggler.

Here's a fun video for people to watch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZe_Cdf1y9c&feature=youtu.be

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited July 2012
    I learned that Michaels liked to oversell the shit out of the Stunner.

Goose! on
  • Options
    I think that's funny that Cara's about to get in trouble for the one botch that wasn't his fault.

• Options
    AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    Goose! wrote: »
    I learned that Michaels liked to oversell the shit out of the Stunner.

I guess I'll spoiler it
    If you think Michaels oversells, what do you call the Rock?

I learned that I think Road Dogg and Angle took the stunners the best, IMHO.

Assuran on
  • Options
    Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    I think that's funny that Cara's about to get in trouble for the one botch that wasn't his fault.

I think it's sad and makes Ziggler look like a dick.

A lot of his botches haven't been his fault anyway. The Sin Cara vs Sin Cara feud was filled with botches because Hunico sucked at wrestling Cara's style. Once Huncio dropped the mask and style, their matches became a lot better.

Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    Is it just me or is the WWE putting all the minorities in the tag division? Truth/Kofi, Epico/Primo, PTP, and team lowrider bicycle.

• Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    Is it just me or is the WWE putting all the minorities in the tag division? Truth/Kofi, Epico/Primo, PTP, and team lowrider bicycle.

Don't worry, The Ascension will properly white up the division when they debut.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    Could use some Rednecks in the division too.

If only the WWE could steal the Briscoes or bring back Mike Knox and Eli Cottonwood for team Epic Beard Time!

• Options

If only the WWE could steal the Briscoes or bring back Mike Knox and Eli Cottonwood for team Epic Beard Time!

Screw Cottonwood, WWE has Brodie Lee on the roster.

• Options
    wirehead26 wrote: »

Really? Huge hoss like that and he hasn't been called up yet? I pretty much forgot that they had Brodie Lee signed to developmental.

• Options

Really? Huge hoss like that and he hasn't been called up yet? I pretty much forgot that they had Brodie Lee signed to developmental.

He's only been there a month or two so far.

• Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    Makes sense. A few Chikara guys were trained in NYC before they moved to the wrestlefactor

Don't worry, The Ascension will properly white awful up the division when they debut.

Fixed.

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options
    Ziggler needs to sell a Stunner.

• Options
    What they lack in talent they make up for in entrance length. Just think how much longer that entrance can be with a longer ramp and recap videos of this that happened 10 minutes ago...like...say the start of that entrance.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    I just watched Impact and Smackdown, one after the other.

God, if the WWE are leading into a Daniel Bryan/Kane feud, I'm going to kill someone. A Kane feud is the only fate worse than being dropped back down to the midcard.

Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • Options
    I just watched Impact and Smackdown, one after the other.

God, if the WWE are leading into a Daniel Bryan/Kane feud, I'm going to kill someone. A Kane feud is the only fate worse than being dropped back down to the midcard.

I'm thinking Daniel Bryan needs to defeat AJ's other 6 evil exes.

Should be kinda easy when he gets to Hornswoggle.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    411Randle wrote: »
    I miss crazy teams cutting backstage promos together.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ibkCchEqB8&feature=related

Ooh, I think that was from when I had JUST started watching...

Thanks!

I sort of wish they'd continued those yearly Raw recaps, just so I could eventually see that stuff again.

The best part for me is, I remember that exact episode after that one, where they had the match. Basically the match broke down after about ten minutes, and then it was thirty minutes of Owen, Bulldog, Yoko, King Mabel, and Dean Douglas beating the crap out of Diesel, Shawn, and Taker. It was also where Mabel accidentally shattered Taker's orbital bone, leading to Phantom of the Opera Taker. The only other match on the show was Makin' A Difference Fatu beating Skip. I don't know why I remember it so well, but I do.

They used to take up a lot of time with segments, for only having an hour with little to no overrun back then. Remember when HBK collapsed?

Didn't know the orbital bone thing was legit, though.

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options

I still can't believe this actually happened.

• Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    That's... wow. They say that the Montreal Screwjob is what gave birth to the "Mr. McMahon" character, but this proves that as a fallacy...

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Halfway into that segment, Vince says "slevet". I guess he meant "svelte"? Never claimed to be a grammer expert I guess.

Also I'm pretty sure that's the old AWA title that Jerry ran off with which is just another kick in the balls to Verne Gagne.

wirehead26 on
  • Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    PWG line update: Hung out with Willie Mack for a bit, and Joey Ryan cut a promo for his YouTube account. Also B Boy drives an incredibly shitty car.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Speaking of PWG Kyle ORLY didn't show up to my local indy show yesterday so I guess he took the sane option of not wrestling in Georgia one night and then California the next.

wirehead26 on
  • Options
    And so apparently Maria and Mike Bennett are here in the crowd to watch.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
  • Options
    Kenn Doane is shooting his twitter off again. Says CM Punk isn't the best in the world. Says either Rock or Triple H is.

• Options
    Goose! wrote: »
    Kenn Doane is shooting his twitter off again. Says CM Punk isn't the best in the world. Says either Rock or Triple H is.

Well the Cena thing has died down so he has to get publicity somehow.

• Options
    Rock's the best wrestler turned Hollywood actor in the world

Punk is the best active full-time wrestler in the world

Hunter is the best wrestler turned eventual future business-runner in the world

• Options
    Also, Tout seems like it might have some traction, as other, non-WWE celebrities and TV shows are hopping on. Live with Kelly, Jeff Probst, The Talk (CBS's The View), C-SPAN, Tyler Perry's crap, Bow Wow, and ESPN's Chris Fowler are just some of the "featured touts" on the service's site.

• Options
    Ok, so it's just Maria. At least she is looking rather attractive.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
  • Options
    So the RockNES Monsters just turned heel. Also I totally forgot how much I love Chuck Taylor.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
This discussion has been closed.