As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

A Transformers Movie Thread

• TM2 RampageTM2 Rampage Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    So, an "engineer" blends a red toy car and a mistransformed Bumblebee toy... :|

TM2 Rampage on
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Two versions of a DVD release have been confirmed.

A single disc version of the film with just a director's commentary.

And then a multi-disc version with the aforementioned film with director's commentary, plus at least one disc of extras.

DarkPrimus on
  • Mr BubblesMr Bubbles David Koresh Superstar Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    And today is the UK release date. Hot damn I'm glad I didn't read spoilers now

Mr Bubbles on
  • geckahngeckahn Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    So, an "engineer" blends a red toy car and a mistransformed Bumblebee toy... :|

Dude, they blended an iPhone. This is kinda a running thing.

geckahn on
  • YodaTunaYodaTuna Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    1_1.jpg

YodaTuna on
  • EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Mr Bubbles wrote: »
    And today is the UK release date. Hot damn I'm glad I didn't read spoilers now

Only for previews D:

Have to wait until the 27th otherwise... DAMNATION

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • MikeRyuMikeRyu Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I saw a preview today, on digital film. It had a strange broken up kind of look to it now and then and I'm sad to say that I kind of missed the film look, and I really didn't want to be one of those people.

The movie was fine. There were lots of big dumb things that I didn't really have a prblem with, I just wish Michael Bay would hold the camera steady just a few times during this movie. It's like I knew that there was lots of cool stuff happening and fast and furious fights because I could hear it, but all I could see was a jerky picture caused by constant camera movements.

It's not fun when you are having to actively try to keep up with what is happening, it should flow to the audience.

The Autobots and Decepticons had a lot more character to them than I was expecting. That was good.

MikeRyu on
    Ranmasig5.png
  • RichyRichy Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I saw the movie yesterday. It was excellent.

I had avoided all reviews and discussions on the movie since it came out, so all I knew was the pre-release buzz. All the naysayers who were giving away "spoilers" like "it's from the humans' POV and we barely see any Transformers", "aside from Prime and Megatron no Transformer talks", "Prime and Megatron are brothers", "people say 'more than meets the eye' over and over again", and of course "the only way anyone will like this movie is because of nostalgia". I was amazed at how wrong they all were.

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • Mr BubblesMr Bubbles David Koresh Superstar Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    What an utterly brilliant film. That is all

Mr Bubbles on
  • Bionic MonkeyBionic Monkey Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2007
    Fucking hell, the toys are impossible to find right now. I still have Megatron, Ironhide and Ratchet to get, so I went out looking today. One Starscream, one Blackout, a couple Optimus Primes, tons of Ratchet, and not a single sign of Ironhide or Megatron. I picked up Ratchet, just so I didn't leave empty handed, but he was last on my list. I think, next time I see Ironhide or Megatron, I'm going to have to get them right there and then, or I'll never see them again.

Bionic Monkey on
    sig_megas_armed.jpg
  • HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Fucking hell, the toys are impossible to find right now. I still have Megatron, Ironhide and Ratchet to get, so I went out looking today. One Starscream, one Blackout, a couple Optimus Primes, tons of Ratchet, and not a single sign of Ironhide or Megatron. I picked up Ratchet, just so I didn't leave empty handed, but he was last on my list. I think, next time I see Ironhide or Megatron, I'm going to have to get them right there and then, or I'll never see them again.
    Try Toys R Us.

Hacksaw on
  • Bionic MonkeyBionic Monkey Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2007
    Hacksaw wrote: »
    Try Toys R Us.

I probably will with my next paycheck. I just didn't run by any while I was out today.

Bionic Monkey on
    sig_megas_armed.jpg
  • RichyRichy Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    "I'm gonna count to five."
    "I'm gonna count to three."
    I'm still laughing at that one.

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    The mom went there. Can you believe it? She went there.
    Golly you're so defensive. Are you masturbating?

Cantido on
    3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
    edited July 2007
    Bionic Monkey: Every single one of the Megatron toys are pretty crappy.

Cantido: Did you know they cut the word "masturbation from the Philippines release so that it got a General Audiences rating?

DarkPrimus on
  • Doc HollidayDoc Holliday Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Hasbro just released a new 08 Camaro Bumblebee toy and it looks awesome. I can't find it anywhere though... I went to TRU, WalMart, Target, Sears, but I did notice a lot of people scouring the Transformers sections for toys. Either they're all big collectors or these things have an eBay market.

Doc Holliday on
    PSN & Live: buckwilson
    edited July 2007
    DarkPrimus wrote: »

Cantido: Did you know they cut the word "masturbation from the Philippines release so that it got a General Audiences rating?

You're blowing my mind. Stop it.

Cantido on
  • augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Cantido wrote: »
    DarkPrimus wrote: »

You're blowing my mind. Stop it.

That ain't shit. They changed the title of Hellboy to "Super Sapiens."

august on
  • Mr PeepersMr Peepers Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Am I the only one tired of movies zooming in way too much? I wished the camera would have just backed up a bit so we could take in more of the scenes...

Mr Peepers on
    edited July 2007
    Hasbro just released a new 08 Camaro Bumblebee toy and it looks awesome. I can't find it anywhere though... I went to TRU, WalMart, Target, Sears, but I did notice a lot of people scouring the Transformers sections for toys. Either they're all big collectors or these things have an eBay market.

New TF toys are always fast sellers, and the 08 Bumblebee is one of the best figures in the whole line, so it's no wonder it's hard to find.

There is a two-pack due out with the 08 Bumblebee and Voyager-class Optimus Prime, but I don't know when or where it will be available at (no doubt it will be a retailer exclusive).

DarkPrimus on
    edited July 2007
    Cantido on
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited July 2007
    Now I've seen it.

I lubricated my pants.

I need to find some of the toys. And rescue my old G1 Optimus from my dad's attic.

Echo on
  • D.T.D.T. Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Best part of that article was this gem of an advertisement:

sportsblog3.jpg

SPORTS BLOGS.

OPINIONS ON SPORTS FROM MEN WHO HAVE NEVER LEFT THEIR HOMES.

The one on the left looks like a fat, white Ice-T.

D.T. on
    DxTiddy.png
  • nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Saw it yesterday. it was as good as I expected. Hardly oscar mterial but entertaining and fun. Michael Bay used a tad too many cheesy jokes for my taste though.

Also I had the same problem identifying the transformers in robot form. They all were gray and looked way too similar.

nexuscrawler on
  • StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Saw it yesterday. it was as good as I expected. Hardly oscar mterial but entertaining and fun. Michael Bay used a tad too many cheesy jokes for my taste though.

Also I had the same problem identifying the transformers in robot form. They all were gray and looked way too similar.

I agree with all that.
    I liked it, and I liked the redesigns. Now I want some of the toys! :)
    F-22 Starscream? Yes please!

Stormwatcher on
    Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • RohaqRohaq UKRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I saw it last night, advance screening for the UK.

I.. wasn't that impressed.
    The start seemed too slow, and concentrated too much on the love interest, and it seemed almost like the Autobots were there purely for comedy value whenever they spoke. I cringed at the part when they were trying to get those glasses. If Bumblebee could hide for several days on a driveway as a car, why couldn't the Autobots sit still for 20 minutes whilst Sam went through his room? For robots who turned into vehicles, they didn't seem to be very good at staying in disguise. Christ.

Rohaq on
  • MikeRyuMikeRyu Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Mr Peepers wrote: »
    Am I the only one tired of movies zooming in way too much? I wished the camera would have just backed up a bit so we could take in more of the scenes...

This was my main problem. I could nitpick about the plot and the characters and the score but that doesn't really matter to me, it was the fact I felt like I was missing out on something because I couldn't see.

I watched The Rock last night too and was suprised to see that Michael Bay was able to hold a camera steady, and the movie was better for it.

I want to like it, if it could just be less erratic. Maybe I'll be able to keep up better on the small screen.

MikeRyu on
    Ranmasig5.png
  • nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Is it jsut me or did the hacker. sec def plotline totally get dropped like a sack of potatoes?

nexuscrawler on
    edited July 2007
    Is it jsut me or did the hacker. sec def plotline totally get dropped like a sack of potatoes?

Dropped it like the fed guy dropped the hacker's friend in the pool. :lol:

Cantido on
  • DarkHawkeDarkHawke Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    D.T. wrote: »
    Best part of that article was this gem of an advertisement:

sportsblog3.jpg

SPORTS BLOGS.

OPINIONS ON SPORTS FROM MEN WHO HAVE NEVER LEFT THEIR HOMES.

Right-of-centre's forehead creeps me out. It's far more orange than the rest of his face, and has two thick streaks. It's like he's a klingon in disguise.

Oh god.

DarkHawke on
  • Capt HowdyCapt Howdy Registered User regular
    edited July 2007

Ilove when people do this
    Before I get written off as a cranky film snob, let me say this: I love great action films from all eras and styles

Like it makes them actually not be what they claim they aren't.

Capt Howdy on
    Steam: kaylesolo1
    3DS: 1521-4165-5907
    PS3: KayleSolo
    Live: Kayle Solo
    WiiU: KayleSolo
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited July 2007

Is it bad that I petty much agree 100% with that critique? Except for the fact that the action did slow down at places, such as the hide-and-seek scene, car buying scene etc.

Inquisitor on
  • RohaqRohaq UKRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Inquisitor wrote: »

Is it bad that I petty much agree 100% with that critique? Except for the fact that the action did slow down at places, such as the hide-and-seek scene, car buying scene etc.
    Nope, I'm pretty much of the same opinion.

Rohaq on
  • EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Capt Howdy wrote: »

Ilove when people do this
    Before I get written off as a cranky film snob, let me say this: I love great action films from all eras and styles

Like it makes them actually not be what they claim they aren't.

God, that's in the same vein as "I'm not racist but..." or "you're a gigantic filthy shit eating bastard, no offence." Very professional on his part...

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Mr PinkMr Pink I got cats for youRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I just realized the best scene of this movie may have been when the hacker's brother ran through a glass door.

I liked the rest of the movie, but for some reason that one scene made it so much better.

Mr Pink on
    edited July 2007
    Mr Pink wrote: »
    I just realized the best scene of this movie may have been when the hacker's brother ran through a glass door.

I liked the rest of the movie, but for some reason that one scene made it so much better.

It's that part, concluding with the fed tackling him in the pool which is so awesome. :lol:

Cantido on
  • thorpethorpe Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I agree that in robot mode the Transformers were a bit... busy. It made them really hard to take in because every bit of them was whirring and buzzing and moving and shit.

Oh, and the first half of the movie had too many humans and not enough good.

thorpe on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • JoeslopJoeslop Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    So has anyone played any of the games?

Joeslop on
  • FuruFuru Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Joeslop wrote: »
    So has anyone played any of the games?

No, but the DS games have a customizable Transformer voiced by Steven Blum.

That's gotta count for something.

Furu on
    edited July 2007
    The DS games are a lot better than the home console versions. Cheaper, too.

DarkPrimus on