As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Wrestling] Note: Brock Lesnar died on his way to his home planet

• wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    Nirya wrote: »
    So the RockNES Monsters just turned heel. Also I totally forgot how much I love Chuck Taylor.

Good show so far Nirya?

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    Punk is the best active full-time wrestler in the world

Somewhere, Hiroshi Tanahashi is shedding a single tear at this sentiment.

Seriously though, it's good to see Ken Doane still has terrible opinions about things.

Dyvim Tvar on
    Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
    Dyvim Tvar wrote: »

Somewhere, Hiroshi Tanahashi is shedding a single tear at this sentiment.

Seriously though, it's good to see Ken Doane still has terrible opinions about things.

Hiroshi Tanahashi is a funny way of spelling El Generico.

The idea that El Generico is anybodies opinion of the best wrestler in the world is both amazing and terrifying to me.

• Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    El Generico isn't even the best Canadian wrestler.

OK fine, maybe not the best but he's my favorite.

edited July 2012
    Are you trying to tell me that El Generico isn't a Mexican?
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    Somewhere Dean Ambrose has just been overcome with an unexplained sense of grief and betrayal.

Dyvim Tvar on
    Are you trying to tell me that El Generico isn't a Mexican?
    Somewhere Dean Ambrose has just been overcome with an unexplained sense of grief and betrayal.

Brodie Lee's on suicide watch.

edited July 2012
    Somebody needs to go and check on Cesaro, just to be sure.

Dyvim Tvar on
  • NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    Nirya wrote: »
    So the RockNES Monsters just turned heel. Also I totally forgot how much I love Chuck Taylor.

Good show so far Nirya?

We just went into intermission after the Steen/Mack title match, and holy fucking shit, it was amazing. Brian Cage also came out and we basically have ourselves a feud.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    Generico is fucking awesome, calling him the best isn't that crazy at all.

LockedOnTarget on
    edited July 2012
    I like Generico, I think the guy is talented and a lot of fun. However he's not on Tanahashi's level, not at all.

Dyvim Tvar on
  • WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Dyvim I generally have to take your opinions with a Tensai sized grain of salt because your erection for japanese guys rivals Wirehead's erection for fcw guys

• LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    Goose! wrote: »
    Also, Tout seems like it might have some traction, as other, non-WWE celebrities and TV shows are hopping on. Live with Kelly, Jeff Probst, The Talk (CBS's The View), C-SPAN, Tyler Perry's crap, Bow Wow, and ESPN's Chris Fowler are just some of the "featured touts" on the service's site.

If I had an inward-facing camera on my phone, or a webcam, I'd try Tout out for kicks. Not necessarily for the WWE aspect, but I've been wanting to do video for a while, and it seems like a good way to dip my toe in, so to speak.

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifJZuC7sH.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
    edited July 2012
    Hullis wrote: »
    Dyvim I generally have to take your opinions with a Tensai sized grain of salt because your erection for japanese guys rivals Wirehead's erection for fcw guys

That's a pretty solid stance to take.

Dyvim Tvar on
    Whelp.

I'm just gonna say that you should all buy Threemendous 3 when it comes out on DVD, if just for the tag match at the end. Just......Jesus Christ. Drake Younger also impressed the hell out of me, which I was not expecting.

Also Joey Ryan is the best. Dude answered my tweets and got me my Legalize Sleaze shirt after the show.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
  • PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    Hullis wrote: »

That's a pretty solid stance to take.

6Ibg4.png

PwnanObrien on
    Mwx884o.jpg
  • Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    El Generico can easily be considered the best because he is the best

Here's my thing; I think Generico is the overall most entertaining, Ambrose has the best mic skills but lacks the wrestling skill, and Lee is the best big man.

- John Laurinaitis is expected to return to WWE TV as a character at SummerSlam or once the pay-per-view is over. Laurinaitis continues to work WWE live events. He appeared at last night's show in Little Rock, Arkansas and announced that he would be in Big Show's corner for the steel cage main event against John Cena. Fans were allowed to vote on Laurinaitis being in Show's corner and they voted no. Johnny ended up entering the cage with a chair and catching an Attitude Adjustment from Cena.

- We noted a few weeks back that WWE officials were talking about unifying the Intercontinental and the United States Titles into one. WWE has reportedly nixed that idea for unknown reasons. For those wondering about the WWE Title and the World Heavyweight Title being unified, sources say there is virtually no chance of that happening.
    WWE officials have reportedly decided on Wade Barrett's return. He should be returning imminently but one source says he likely won't return until after SummerSlam.

Ace is a good character and it will be interesting to see him in a non-authoritative role, if that's what they'll go for.

As for Barrett, he might as well not come back till after Summerslam if they don't plan on having him wrestle at the event.

• Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular

Punk has a laughably bad elbow drop that's meant to be a tribute to Randy Savage but should probably be taken more as an insult. I vote no.

The real best in the world is simple. Once you go Bryan, there's no point in tryin'.

Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid

Punk has a laughably bad elbow drop that's meant to be a tribute to Randy Savage but should probably be taken more as an insult. I vote no.

The real best in the world is simple. Once you go Bryan, there's no point in tryin'.

Punk also has some pretty poor strikes. Granted they're better now than when he started on WWE TV but they're still pretty hit and miss quality wise.
    D Bry is easily the best wrestler in the world not named Tanahashi.

edited July 2012
    Punk also has several MOTYCs under his belt this year.

He's a petty fuckin' fantastic wrestler.

And his strikes are fine.

I like Bryan more, too, but let's not pretend Punk isn't a reasonable choice, here.

LockedOnTarget on
    People on the internet arguing about how good people's offense looks.

Speaking of that, there was a guy who sat two rows behind me who would not shut up about that kind of stuff. The worst part was that his be-all, end-all for wrestling was Willie Mack, and look, I like Willie a ton, but he's not exactly better than Eddie Edwards.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    edited July 2012
    I don't even like Eddie Edwards and I can still appreciate that he's better than Willie Mack.
    Willie Mack is way more interesting to watch though.

Also the real best wrestler in the world is Johnny Saint, because Lady in the Lake.

Dyvim Tvar on
  • XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    would say it's a close tie between Bryan and Ziggler, since they are basically carrying the wrestling right now

want to see more Raw or Smackdown matches with Kidd, though

Xehalus on
    It also depends if you count charisma/mic skills.

Samoa Joe and Magnus are the new GHC Tag Team Champions for Japanese promotion Pro Wrestling Noah. They captured the belts Sunday in Tokyo from Akitoshi Saito and Jun Akiyama, ending their seventh-month reign.

Magnus wrote on Twitter, "New GHC/ Pro-Wrestling NOAH World Tag Team Champions… @SamoaJoe and yours truly. Ryogoku Sumo Hall Tokyo, it was an honor!"

yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeessss

Also:
    When asked to name his favorite moment in the illustrious history of Raw, CM Punk said though there have been many great moments, his personal favorite involves former WWE Superstar Gene Snitsky. In the autumn of 2004, Snitsky punted a baby doll into the audience, which Punk says always makes makes him laugh.

NoDQ.com wrote:

- FCW Diva, Natalie (Buggy Nova) has already been impressing officials in WWE developmental after just starting a week ago. Some in developmental are genuinely excited about the future of the WWE Divas division with the current group of Divas they have in FCW.

- WWE star, Ted DiBiase returned officially at last night's SmackDown live event in Sioux City, Iowa and defeated Jinder Mahal. DiBiase cut a babyface promo before the match and won with Dream Street. Fans in attendance report that DiBiase looked good in the ring, despite being out of action for months.

Mwx884o.jpg
    - John Cena and AJ played up her and Daniel Bryan's storyline wedding that is set for Monday night. AJ posted:

One last day to sew my wild oats as a single woman. So if you need me, I'll be quietly reading a book at a Barnes and Noble Starbucks

Cena replied to AJ with:

Stay put @WWEAJLee ill be there in 10min. May i recommend #50shadesofJohn its an exciting read.

By the way, i stole Tensai's idea and got u guys a sweet #1cupkeurig as a gift.. Sorry to spoil it, just want u to know its from me

Holy shit

• Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Cena and Punk have been working with AJ and taken her under their wing (according to a report) because of her dedication and love of the business (she's been watching it since she was a kid).

@CMPunk wrote:

@RealKingRegal: Better the devil you know as long as he can do the job at hand properly.#RegalforGm @WWE” Did you say...the devil?

Mwx884o.jpg
  • XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    please oh please let Regal be the new GM

and he begins or ends every Raw or Smackdown with a poem

• MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    I just hope to hell it's not "us" as the GM, like that one report stated.

Regal would be pretty boss

but I would not cry if it's a big surprise and Mr. Belding is the new GM.

edited July 2012
    @The Lovely Bastard
    Diamond Dallas Page is being promoted as a guest on their morning show tomorrow for St. Louis' FOX affiliate. Raw takes place from St. Louis tomorrow, meaning he could easily make an appearance.

Sweeney Tom on
  • The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    working 12 hours so I may not see it!

7656367.jpg
  • Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Damn, I just realized the CM Punk signing the WWE contract on the ROH belt angle happened on Long Island.

Also, the place where it happened doesn't exist anymore.

BOLA 2012 announced for Sept. 1. Here are the 12 participants.

- Sami Callihan (1st Battle of Los Angeles)
    - Willie Mack (2nd Battle of Los Angeles)
    - Drake Younger (1st Battle of Los Angeles)
    - El Generico (8th Battle of Los Angeles - 2011 Battle of Los Angeles winner)
    - Adam Cole (1st Battle of Los Angeles)
    - Roderick Strong (7th Battle of Los Angeles)
    - Kyle O'Reilly (1st Battle of Los Angeles)
    - Brian Cage (2nd Battle of Los Angeles)
    - B-Boy (1st Battle of Los Angeles)
    - Michael Elgin (1st Battle of Los Angeles)
    - Eddie Edwards (2nd Battle of Los Angeles)
    - Ricochet (2nd Battle of Los Angeles)

The show is so obviously set towards a Brian Cage/Willie Mack finals that I doubt that will even happen. Still, should be really good.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
This discussion has been closed.