As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

what should I make for dinner [chat]

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    21st what I remember about your weight loss updates is that you have been losing weight at a really bloody impressive rate

yeah, that's because I'm really overweight. You lose weight faster the further you are from your healthy weight, i heard.

• Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    desc wrote: »
    Chase bank wants me to "Like" them on facebook.

No, chase bank. No.

Why hasn't someone invented nega-Facebook, where all you do is dislike things.

Wait. That's the internet.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    TehSloth wrote: »
    Deebaser wrote: »
    Why is a two day cruise to nowhere The same price as an 8 day cruise to the Carribean?

People only go on 2 day cruises to nowhere to get drunk and have sex. Probably the extra janitorial staff needed for the boat.

Also, I think there are weird regulations about going non-american flagged ships not making stops in foreign countries. In order to leave port and come back without stopping anywhere it has to be registered as an American ship and pay more taxes or whatever. I believe.

THANKS OBAMA

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    21st what I remember about your weight loss updates is that you have been losing weight at a really bloody impressive rate

yeah, that's because I'm really overweight. You lose weight faster the further you are from your healthy weight, i heard.

also because you have been sticking to changing your eating habits and working out regularly

which is hard, man

don't sell yourself short

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    For the people shot, it was an appalling abuse of authority.

For Southern California police, it was Tuesday.

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular

also because you have been sticking to changing your eating habits and working out regularly

which is hard, man

don't sell yourself short

Great, make fun of my height as well!

(That is a joke)

• Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    I plugged my usb cable into an ethernet port and could not figure out why it wasn't working. DURM

• Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    Vanguard wrote: »
    Bogart wrote: »
    it's complicated and i don't want to go in so much detail but some of the problem is that I don't feel like i do anything to help out around the house... I could do more, but I'm really lethargic and lazy right now... I can barely get out of bed in the morning sometimes.

Well, you might be depressed, or something along those lines. Or you might be just lazy, in which case, yeah, it doesn't sound like you have much to complain about. Go get your mom, make her an account so she can complain about her lazy child, and I'll give her sympathy.

Oh, It's both, really. i have depression, but i also am lazy and i have meds which are supposed to help out...

But everything about cleaning or doing yard work stresses me out, which, again, i have meds for. So really, it's my own efforts that are lacking here. But :| I don't feel like doing anything. i need to get myself together.

It's amazing what physical activity does to still the mind.

i work out, but i don't feel better after working out. i was told it comes with time, but i've been working out for over 6 months now and i still feel like crap. I lost weight, though, so it's not a complete loss.

What kind of work outs do you do? Include frequency and duration.

Not enough, i'll bet.

30 minutes of elliptical trainer every mondays, wednesday and friday.

I used to do 35 minutes every day, but then after about two weeks, I couldn't finish a single work out. So i dialed back some... Even back then, though, i didn't feel that much better either.

But yeah, i should run 5 miles every day, then lift weights every other day, bluh bluh bluh. I don't feel like buying a set of weights and i have no means to go to a gym, not to mention the fact that i';m too shy and have too poor a self image to even consider setting foot there.

And i know, i could be lifting cinder blocks. Don't feel like working out in the heat of summer/cold of winter. It kills what little enthusiasm I have.

it gets better bro, seriously

just stay with it

think of it as just something you do now, like showering or eating or whatever. it's a part of life.

every day you are getting healthier!!

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    Thanatos wrote: »

I'm curious, what have the police done to you?

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    Bogart wrote: »
    it's complicated and i don't want to go in so much detail but some of the problem is that I don't feel like i do anything to help out around the house... I could do more, but I'm really lethargic and lazy right now... I can barely get out of bed in the morning sometimes.

Well, you might be depressed, or something along those lines. Or you might be just lazy, in which case, yeah, it doesn't sound like you have much to complain about. Go get your mom, make her an account so she can complain about her lazy child, and I'll give her sympathy.

Oh, It's both, really. i have depression, but i also am lazy and i have meds which are supposed to help out...

But everything about cleaning or doing yard work stresses me out, which, again, i have meds for. So really, it's my own efforts that are lacking here. But :| I don't feel like doing anything. i need to get myself together.

It's amazing what physical activity does to still the mind.

i work out, but i don't feel better after working out. i was told it comes with time, but i've been working out for over 6 months now and i still feel like crap. I lost weight, though, so it's not a complete loss.

What kind of work outs do you do? Include frequency and duration.

Not enough, i'll bet.

30 minutes of elliptical trainer every mondays, wednesday and friday.

I used to do 35 minutes every day, but then after about two weeks, I couldn't finish a single work out. So i dialed back some... Even back then, though, i didn't feel that much better either.

But yeah, i should run 5 miles every day, then lift weights every other day, bluh bluh bluh. I don't feel like buying a set of weights and i have no means to go to a gym, not to mention the fact that i';m too shy and have too poor a self image to even consider setting foot there.

And i know, i could be lifting cinder blocks. Don't feel like working out in the heat of summer/cold of winter. It kills what little enthusiasm I have.

Running on an elliptical is a really good start when you are overweight. Low impact, gets the heart rate up, etc.

Treadmills are awesome once your legs can take the abuse.

Adding weightlifting or bodyweight exercises builds up lean mass, which will increase your basal metabolic rate, which means you can eat more to achieve the same weight loss.

plus, it gives you some positive reinforcement. Over the weeks and months, watching the numbers go up, and the ease of the exercises with it... seeing definition where there wasn't any before... weights are good stuff.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Nevermind

21stCentury on
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    why didn't you sleep tom

that's silly

i slept like a baby

• Options
    Aw fuck, i'm whining again. Let's drop this, I don't want to get in trouble again.

• Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular

But, that happened on Saturday.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    Casual wrote: »

Run my previous home state's economy into the ground.

Pretty much be the sole reason we can't get any kind of criminal justice reform going in this country.

Never once actually try to hold any police officer responsible for any of the appalling behavior they commit on a regular basis.

• Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    I feel totally hung over and out of it and I didn't drink last night

whaaaaaaaat

• Options

whaaaaaaaat

Perhaps you have

babyitis.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    @syndalis how was long island?

• Options

whaaaaaaaat

Perhaps you have

babyitis.

he slept pretty well last night!

• Options
    CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    Casual wrote: »

Run my previous home state's economy into the ground.

Pretty much be the sole reason we can't get any kind of criminal justice reform going in this country.

Never once actually try to hold any police officer responsible for any of the appalling behavior they commit on a regular basis.

How did the police ruin the economy? I'm not taking issue with anything you say, I'm just curious where your raging hate boner for the police came from, you have "policeman shot my wife" levels of hostility toward them. Again, not saying it's unjustified, I was just curious as to why.

• Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Gonmun wrote: »
    Honk wrote: »
    Gonmun wrote: »
    Morning [chat], hope everyone had a pleasant weekend.

Indeed!

Same to you mr!

TY Sir! Hoping the lord of darkness shows up at my doorstep this week btw. Alec sent him a little over a week ago but sadly no tracking #. Thankfully the wife is home this week so someone will be there to answer the door. :)

Cool! Awaiting picturrrs! :D

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Heading off to board game night soon. Probably playing Thunderstone and Chaos in the Old World.

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular

whaaaaaaaat

You might just be dehydrated? I dunno, get some water and see if that helps.

• Options
    oh, looks like I will be in san diego next week

• Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    olol sassy bureaucratic secretaries
    I am your antithesis, enjoy my pointed questions and constant demand for details, because I don't really care if you "have no idea what I'm talking about." I've got five emails saying you dooooooo.

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular

whaaaaaaaat

I used vodoo to transfer my hangover on sunday to other people. So I got none of it. Sorry.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Quick poll. Who on Chat plays League of Legends?

i wanna get back in the game, but i hate playing with complete strangers because A) I can't type very quickly and still look at the keyboard while typing, so communication is hard and B) strangers are usually quite mean to me and i have a lot of difficulty dealing with that.

But chatters are usually, well, nice and such... So... Who's playing LoL?

• Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    I play LoL.

• Options
    I play LoL.

"play"

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    why didn't you sleep tom

that's silly

i slept like a baby

Just memories. I'll crash when I get home.

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    I play the LoL.

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    I wish I had a smart phone so I could play 100 Rogues at work.

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    Just spent $80 of time at work entering $50 of receipts for reimbursement because for some reason, corporate credit cards are less efficient.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    I also play the lols, I am either tehsloth, or tehslawth, I do not remember off hand.

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    why didn't you sleep tom

that's silly

i slept like a baby

Just memories. I'll crash when I get home.

Hugs.

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Quick poll. Who on Chat plays League of Legends?

i wanna get back in the game, but i hate playing with complete strangers because A) I can't type very quickly and still look at the keyboard while typing, so communication is hard and B) strangers are usually quite mean to me and i have a lot of difficulty dealing with that.

But chatters are usually, well, nice and such... So... Who's playing LoL?

I play on and off, but I expect to play a decent amount while I am in Japan, albeit at odd hours.

• Options
    SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Cops are to be reviled. They may not have shot MY wife, but they shoot other people's wives and that's enough of a starting point for anyone I would think.

• Options
    SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    I wish I had a smart phone so I could play 100 Rogues at work.

This one?

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/100-rogues/id354011870?mt=8

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    21st, you should help your mom around the house instead of playing LoL.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
This discussion has been closed.