As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Go find the new STEAM Thread!

• Options
    FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    So, in Recettear, how do you expand the shop? I'm at the appropriate level, but can't seem to find the option for it. Also, Charme hasn't visited my shop since I beat her. :/ I have Louie and Caillou, but not her. What's the dealio?

The Merchant Guild Master has the option. As for Charme, I think you have a better chance of certain adventurers coming into your store depending on the mood, but I can't recall atm what kind of shop Charme likes.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MoosehatIVMoosehatIV Saw a blimp once Registered User regular
    Ok ... time for a final tally. Fuck me this is too many games.

Bought:
    Alan Wake + Expansion
    Dear Ester
    Witcher 2
    Saints Row 3
    The Walking Dead
    Payday
    Trine 2

Gifted/Won
    Avernum Series
    Thief Series
    Space Marine
    Alice 2
    Fallout New Vegas
    Dreamfall + Longest Journey
    Price of Persia Sands of Time
    Gal Civ 2
    Left for Dead 2
    Rock of Ages
    Sanctum

This community is way too goddamn generous. I have some gifts saved up for you guys once all the hullabloo around the sales die down and you finish all of the stuff you bought.

I will never forget, and never forgive.

• Options
    AuburnTigerAuburnTiger Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    I'm a little late with this one, but I want to thank @Bathtubb for his gift of Syberia. I'm always looking for cool adventure games to play.

Also, a big thank you to @handgimp for his gift of LOOM . . . and The Secret World.

AuburnTiger on
    XBL: Flex MythoMass
  • Options
    FremFrem Registered User regular
    Jars wrote: »
    has anyone ever had trouble trying to open nyxquest? as soon as I launch it it quits to desktop and tells me nyxquest.exe has stopped working

Yes. I have an onboard Intel GMA X3100 card, and it won't cooperate at all. Crash to desktop on launch or maybe it was an all black screen after the logos went by? I forget. I emailed a bunch of stuff to the support email address, and got a reply thanking me for the thorough bug report. There haven't been any patches since.

• Options
    Also, I got dream fall and longest journey. Which one am I supposed to play first?

• Options
    cpugeek13cpugeek13 Registered User regular
  • Options
    SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    Longest Journey is first.

s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    Some of these download sizes are crazy - I think it's the only complaint I have about PC gaming - it's great to have digitial distribution but some of them are just enormous. I'm glad I don't have a bandwith cap. With that said, I think Christmas this year will need to bring a new harddrive.

• Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    edited July 2012

The END of the Kickin’ Away the Post-Steam-Sales-Blues Contest!

THE ANSWERS

The Scrambles
    1. cool flatulent coil FALLOUT COLLECTION @Ruiner999 wins.

2. vote emu hound urinal sex DEUS EX: HUMAN REVOLUTION @Lepwave wins!

3. nude clan war NUCLEAR DAWN @ToyD wins!

4. tasty hobo morons SHOOT MANY ROBOTS @oneangrypossum, with tuxkamen and ratsult2 totally beating the ‘possum to the punch.

5. jet shoe tunnel orgy THE LONGEST JOURNEY @dahkath wins!

6. ego by oven & dildo BEYOND GOOD & EVIL @Dire Jay wins!

7. sad snail serves ass erection ASSASSIN’S CREED REVELATIONS @noizlanif wins!
    But only because initiatefailure let him. Because he’s rad like that.

8. bidet up that asexual tumor boner BURNOUT PARADISE THE ULTIMATE BOX @ratsult2 wins!

9. veal slut chowder huts I made mistaek! But Lush Hutt slave chowder is the corrected version. CTHULHU SAVES THE WORLD @Marikir wins! Tuxkamen and oneangrypossum were quicker though. And tux totally saved my bacon by finding the error and coming up with some horrifying hutt imagery. Thanks tux, my mind is forever scarred.

10. roll me butts BULLETSTORM @Taramoor wins!

Some number thingys
    11. 34.05 -118.24 = ? COORDINATES, LOS ANGELES. L.A. NOIRE @custom special wins!

12. 48.7 +44.52 = ? COORDINATES, STALINGRAD RED ORCHESTRA 2: HEROES OF STALINGRAD @Gear Girl wins!

13. 120° + 120° = ? In astrology, 120° is also known as Trine. TRINE 2. @Dehumanized wins!

14. 37.77 -122.42 = ? COORDINATES, SAN FRANCISCO DRIVER: SAN FRANCISCO @Isorn wins!

A bunch of poorly put together clues:
    WgILD.jpg
    MIGHT + MAGIC + (the)CLASH + HEROES. MIGHT AND MAGIC CLASH OF HEROES @cooljammer00 wins, but only because Noizlanif allowed it to be.

EkvgJ.jpg
    DEADPOOL - POOL + SPACE: ABOVE AND BEYOND - ABOVE AND BEYOND x 2. DEAD SPACE 2 @ivanissacs wins!

E3ZsC.jpg
    ASS (DONKEY) x 2 + SINS + CREED (ugh) + BROTHERHOOD OF STEEL - STEEL (ugh) ASSASSIN’S CREED BROTHERHOOD @initiatefailure wins!

9HTUd.jpg
    TRAIN (band) + SIMULATOR + 2012 (movie) TRAIN SIMULATOR 2012 @Bursar wins!

19. I hate these kinds of things, so I pass my misery on to you:
    iD1MY.jpg
    INSANELY TWISTED SHADOW PLANET @Corpekata wins!

20. This one might be hard to see, but the protagonist to the game is hidden in there. Hey, if you can find it/figure it out, you totally deserve the win:
    aBbfa.jpg
    EZIO AUDITORE FROM THE PA COMIC DELICIOSO (11/23/2009) IS TOTALLY SHANKING WALDO. REQUIESCE IN PACE FOR ALL THE TIMES I COULDN’T FIND YOU, YOU TEMPLAR BASTARD. THATS RIGHT WALDO IS A TEMPLAR, WANNA MAKE SOMETHING OF IT? ASSASSIN’S CREED II @CheesecakeRecipe wins, a heap of people get kudos for getting really close/having it already. You know who you are, stand up and take a bow.

Yeah that one was a toss up. Sorry dudes. Only so much detail you can edit into a freaking waldo picture.

Totally-not-the-bonus-round-from-a-popular-tv-game-show. R S T L N E provided:
    21. COMPANY OF HEROES COMPLETE PACK @Raern wins!

LWkvI.jpg
    LARA CROFT AND THE GUARDIAN OF LIGHT @badpoet wins!

23. The most fearsome enemy in this game, or any other: (bonus kudos for naming it)
    XuBMg.jpg
    [B}GALACTIC CIVILIZATIONS II. THE SNATHI RACE[/b] @Maz- wins!

24. A terrible haiku
    Creepy little girl.
    Numbers are not letters, gosh!
    Really dumb title.

F3AR. I FEEL DUMBER EVERY TIME I HAVE TO TYPE THAT. @IDx86 wins!

25. And since my poetry skills are so awful, this next one is actually from the game, not me:
    Radscorpion bites,
    my foot in the box canyon.
    Ow, ow, ow, ow... ow.

FALLOUT NEW VEGAS ULTIMATE. @Myiagros wins!

And finally, the Mystery Prizes!

26. Prize A
    TO BE ANNOUNCED. WAITING TO CONTACT THE PLAYER

27. Prize B
    YARD SALE HIDDEN TREASURES: SUNNYVILLE @pablo_price.....loses.

28. Prize C
    TWO WORLDS II: VELVET EDITION @Lindsey Lohan wins. FLAWLESS VICTORY.

A few stragglers I'm trying to contact, that should be about it. Check your.invites or pm or inventories! thanks for playing, hope everyone had fun!

Elderlycrawfish on
  • Options
    Foefaller wrote: »
    So, in Recettear, how do you expand the shop? I'm at the appropriate level, but can't seem to find the option for it. Also, Charme hasn't visited my shop since I beat her. :/ I have Louie and Caillou, but not her. What's the dealio?

The Merchant Guild Master has the option. As for Charme, I think you have a better chance of certain adventurers coming into your store depending on the mood, but I can't recall atm what kind of shop Charme likes.

If I remember Charme likes the shop gaudy and maybe dark?

• Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    Big Isy wrote: »
    Aw man, I thought with the sales over I was safe. I even tallied my swag up but nope, moosehatIV was having none of it. Dude hit me with the speed and precision of a Xenomorph! Thanks for Aliens Vs Predator! And sorry for bugging you at work :lol:

Ha, you are one to talk, gifting me SR3 out of a clear blue sky today. For you newcomers, @Big Isy was there at the start in 2010 and has never faltered. Dude has looong haul levels of classiness.

Thank you, good sir. May all your engines be useful and none of your trucks troublesome.

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    wait! is there a wheel of fortune board generator you can make your own phrases with!!!

!!!

Also thank you crawfish, and i'm glad i got the brotherhood one before answering the revelations one. otherwise i'd be stuck without playing the middle game of the eizio creeds

initiatefailure on
  • Options
    EVOLEVOL Registered User regular
    A little reminder

signature.png

• Options
    wait! is there a wheel of fortune board generator you can make your own phrases with!!!

!!!

Yes!

Its called grab a crappy image from Google Images, then photoshop/gimp tiny Little squares to make blanks or green spots, then type letters in.

I will be so sad when someone comments on this and tells me there really was an easier way.

• Options
    FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    MoosehatIV wrote: »

If I remember Charme likes the shop gaudy and maybe dark?

That sounds right, and I don't think it even needs to be that guady/dark, just put your nicest and most expensive things in the window and avoid light floors/wallpaper and she should start popping in.

Foefaller on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    Last call.
    It was a Saturday night, and I was back sitting at my desk. There was no particular reason for that, aside from the fact that I didn't have anywhere better to be. The sale was rapidly approaching its end, and I should have been making the most of what time there was left, should have been buying. But for the past couple of days, I hadn't been able to shake the feeling that we were going through the motions. Guys were looking over their shoulder for angry-spouses, their dreams haunted by thoughts of their next credit bill. The whole damn sale was already anticipating its post-sale hangover.

I leaned back in my chair, glanced at the wings of my cluttered desk, at the wireless 360 controller and drained glass of Irish red, then fixed my gaze on my screen, looking at the posts on the screen without seeing them. Maybe saying I was jaded was too obvious, too simple. But a jaded man is a man whose seen too much. And I had seen a lot of sales.

Just then, a notification summoned my gaze back to focus. I had a new PM. A PM from a man who had a story to tell me...

The Hard-boiled LA Noire Giveaway

header_292x136.jpg?t=1342627673?.jpg

Up for grabs is one copy of the LA Noire Complete Edition. It will go to the thread denizen who writes the best hard-boiled/noir crime story and PMs it to me by 11:59pm Monday night.

Your story can be as long or as short as you want, a page, a paragraph, even just a sentence. It can be serious or satirical. It doesnt even have to be a complete story, really - a premise, summary, or teaser is fine. It just needs to capture the mood of a hard-boiled, film noir-esque detective/mystery story, - at least in my judgment as a guy whose bookshelf includes the likes of Hammett, Chandler, and MacDonald. The person who writes me the most impressive/amusing and genre-appropriate tale will win themselves the experience of hitting X to scream at lying scumbags.

Strap on your armpit holsters, grab your fedoras, and get to it! The life of a bipolar douchebag detective awaits.

• Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    Last chance to win a copy of Machinarium!

signature.png

Zython on
    Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    @Dehumanized for the win! All done, if you haven't.gotten your stuff yet check your invites or pm or inventories. Contact me if not.

13. 120° + 120° in astrology, 120° is also known as Trine. Trine 2 fellas.

• Options
    SumanaiSumanai muh PTRegistered User regular
    Amazing contest @Elderlycrawfish! I promised myself I wouldn't enter (you got me a very classy gift during the sale) but I still had a lot of fun solving some of the anagrams and puzzles! And thanks for posting the solutions so soon. I wonder what's behind door A... will it really be Bad Rats?! :D

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    Why did steam destroy all my non-steam shortcuts while I was on vacation?

• Options
    shdwcastershdwcaster South DakotaRegistered User regular
    I'd appreciate being added to the PA Steam group. Profile name's the same there as on here. Apparently I've joined the PAX Prime BYOC Steam groups the past two years, but never gotten around to asking to join the actual PA group. Go figure.

• Options
    IvanIssacsIvanIssacs Skull Leader SDF-1Registered User regular
    @elderlycrawfish thanks for the deadspace 2!

kill all the necromorphs

all of them

• Options
    SumanaiSumanai muh PTRegistered User regular

!!!

Yes!

Its called grab a crappy image from Google Images, then photoshop/gimp tiny Little squares to make blanks or green spots, then type letters in.

I will be so sad when someone comments on this and tells me there really was an easier way.

Actually: After a very quick search on google :D

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    WiddershinzWiddershinz Registered User regular
    So here's my secret, I've never been able to get Steam Mover to work. Everytime I try and move something over to my SSD C:, I get an Error Level=5 which no one on the internet has apparently experienced according to Google. Anyone here know anything?

Steam ID widdershinsaus
  • Options
    KafkaAUKafkaAU Western AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Here are my totals:

Bought:
    CK2 DLC
    Legend of Grimrock
    SpaceChem DLC
    Darksiders
    Toy Soldiers
    Bioshock 2
    Left 4 Dead 2
    Batman: AA GotY
    Indie Bundle Day 4
    Vessel
    Dead Space
    Fallout 3 GotY
    Fear Complete Pack
    Orcs Must Die 2
    Shoot Many Robots
    Unreal Pack
    Beyond Good and Evil
    Saints Row 3 + All DLC

Gifted to me (apologies for not naming the classy gents, but I actually can't remember them all)
    Terraria (I actually got gifted this a number of times by classy gents at the start of the sale before I could even wake up)
    Spellforce 2 - Faith in Destiny
    Dead Space 2

Gifted by me:
    CK2
    Warlock
    Trine Bundle
    PoP 2008
    PoP Forgotten Sands
    AoE: III Complete
    The Walking Dead
    Orcs Must Die 2
    Shoot Many Robotsx2

Dropped just over $150, which I think is a bargain. 25 entries, most of those are multiple packs too, so probably more like 30-35 games for $150.

steam_sig.png
    Origin: KafkaAU B-Net: Kafka#1778
  • Options
    DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    Figures they would put Jade Empire on super duper daily sale the very day it goes off of Standard Summer Sale Price.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    Sumanai wrote: »

!!!

Yes!

Actually: After a very quick search on google :D

hahaha. if it makes you feel better, your custom jobs look nicer.

• Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    Just played a quick few races in NFS: Hot Pursuit with the PA chat gang. I thought I was done with the game but it goes to show that with a good multiplayer group, any game can become a favourite.

Also I totally busted 2 crims. I AM THE LAW! Ignore what you hear about the race after, we totally let them get away.

• Options
    JMan711JMan711 6'8" weighs a f*&#ing ton He's coming, he's coming, he's comingRegistered User regular
    Reminder:

signature.png

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    One hour left!

Bastion Soundtrack Edition Giveaway Contest!

win-free-bastion-soundtrack.jpg

Now here's a kid who got his headphone cord all twisted, listening to music on a rock in the sky.

Rules: Send me a PM with your favorite single song or soundtrack for after the world has been broken to pieces.

Prize: One (1) copy of Bastion Soundtrack Edition.

Deadline: Monday (July 23rd) 9pm PST.

signature.png

• Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    Thanks to classy gentleman @Noizlanif for Tomb Raider: Legend!

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    EVOLEVOL Registered User regular
    @.::IBA::.ZardoZ won Bastion. Check your PMs!

• Options
    Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    Did you guys know about this? http://store.steampowered.com/app/201550/?snr=1_7_7_230_150_1

Holy. Shit.

sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Idx86 wrote: »
    Did you guys know about this? http://store.steampowered.com/app/201550/?snr=1_7_7_230_150_1

Holy. Shit.

What.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    Idx86 wrote: »

Holy. Shit.

I was excited until I saw that it was this Randy Orton-era garbage again.

Give me my Earthquakes and Ted DiBiases and Demolitionses any day.

....I'm off to go play the good Wrestlefest.

Donnicton on
  • Options
    PailryderPailryder Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    nm, day late, dollar short

Pailryder on
  • Options
    StollsStolls Brave Corporate Logo Chicago, ILRegistered User regular

I think she prefers a more gaudy atmosphere, balanced between light/dark. Put some nicer carpeting and tables down and she should show up. Alternately, try and get it as close to center as you can, that should maximize your clients in general.

kstolls on Twitch, streaming weekends at 9pm CST!
    Now playing: Teardown and Baldur's Gate 3 (co-op)
    Sunday Spotlight: Horror Tales: The Wine
  • Options
    SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    So here's my secret, I've never been able to get Steam Mover to work. Everytime I try and move something over to my SSD C:, I get an Error Level=5 which no one on the internet has apparently experienced according to Google. Anyone here know anything?

We don't talk about...error level 5.

s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    testsubject23testsubject23 King of No Sleep ZzzzzzzRegistered User regular
    edited July 2012
    I want to send a final thank you to the following classy folks, who gifted me during the sale. Thanks, you guys are amazing!
    @TychoCelchuuu Arx Fatalis
    @TreadLife Driver: San Francisco - Deluxe Edition
    @ArcSyn Faerie Solitaire
    @TreadLife Frozen Synapse: Red DLC
    @Stealth XXIV Legend of Grimrock
    @galenblade Monkey Island: Special Edition Bundle
    @ironsizide Prince of Persia
    @JMan711 Revenge of the Titans
    @Sumanai Shadowgrounds
    @Sumanai Shadowgrounds Survivor
    @Kami Sins Trinity
    @Artereis Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Conviction
    @mynameisguido Two Worlds II Bundle
    @DudeMaYn Zeno Clash

My other lists:
    Things I bought for myself:
    Alan Wake Bundle
    Arma II: Combined Operations
    Batman Arkham City
    Batman Arkham City: Arkham City Skins Pack DLC
    Batman Arkham City: Challenge Map Pack DLC
    Batman Arkham City: Harley Quinn
    Batman Arkham City: Nightwing Bundle DLC
    Batman Arkham City: Robin Bundle DLC
    Beyond Good and Evil
    Binding of Isaac Wrath of the Lamb
    CKII DLC Combo
    Crusader Kings II African Units Pack
    Crusader Kings II Songs of the Caliph
    Crusader Kings II Sword of Islam
    Darksiders
    Dead Rising 2: Off the Record Preorder
    Fallout 3 - Game of the Year
    Fallout New Vegas Honest Hearts DLC
    Fallout New Vegas: Courier's Stash
    Fallout New Vegas: Gun Runners' Arsenal
    Fallout New Vegas: Lonesome Road DLC
    Fallout New Vegas: Old World Blues DLC
    Fallout: New Vegas - Dead Money
    FEAR 3
    Fortune Summoners
    Galactic Civilizations II
    Greed: Black Border
    Krater
    Lara Croft GOL
    Lara Croft GOL DLC: All the Trappings
    Lara Croft GOL DLC: Hazardous Reunion
    Lara Croft GOL DLC: Legacy of Kain Character Pack
    Lara Croft GOL DLC: Things the Go Boom
    Magicka Lonely Cruise DLC
    Magicka: Holiday Spirit Item Pack
    Magicka: Horror Props Item Pack
    Magicka: The Stars Are Left
    Max Payne 3
    Max Payne Bundle
    Morrowind Game of the Year
    Oblivion Game of the Year Deluxe
    Operation Flashpoint Complete
    Plants vs. Zombies
    Project Freedom
    Saints Row: The Third Franchise Pack
    Secret of the Magic Crystals
    SimCity 4 Deluxe
    Skyrim
    Splinter Cell
    Splintercell: Chaos Theory
    SplinterCell: Double Agent
    Stacking
    Star Ruler
    Stellar Impact Bundle
    Summer Sale Indie Bundle Day Seven
    Summer Sale Indie Bundle Day Six
    Take on Helicopters: Hinds
    The Longest Journey + Dreamfall
    The Walking Dead
    Tomb Raider: Anniversary
    Tomb Raider: Legend
    Tomb Raider: Underworld
    Trine 2 Collector's Edition
    X-Tension
    X: Beyond the Frontier
    X2: The Threat

Things I gifted out:
    Alice Madness Returns x2
    Amnesia: The Dark Descent
    Arma II: Combined Operations
    Arma II: Operation Arrowhead
    Bastion + Soundtrack DLC
    Beyond Good and Evil x4
    Binding of Isaac Bundle x2
    Bioshock Franchise Pack
    Borderlands GOTY
    Bulletstorm x2
    Cave Story+ x3
    CKII DLC Combo
    Darksiders
    Dead Space 2
    Dead Space Pack
    Dear Esther
    Dungeon Siege I, II, III with Treasures of the Sun DLC
    Fable III Collection
    Fallout 3 - Game of the Year
    Fallout New Vegas Ultimate x2
    Far Cry Complete
    Hitman Collection
    Just Cause 2
    L.A. Noire Complete Edition
    Left 4 Dead 2
    Legend of Grimrock x2
    Limbo
    Mirror's Edge
    Morrowind Game of the Year
    Mount and Blade: Warband
    Oblivion Game of the Year Deluxe
    Puzzle Quest
    Railworks 3 - Haulin' USA Pack
    Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale x2
    Red Faction Guerrilla
    S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Bundle
    Saints Row: The Third
    Secret of the Magic Crystals
    SimCity 4 Deluxe
    Sins Trinity
    Star Wars: KOTOR
    The Longest Journey + Dreamfall
    Thief Bundle 2012 x3
    Thief II
    Thief Gold
    Total War: Shogun 2
    Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines x2
    X-SuperBox

It's been a wild sale. The adrenaline, the thrills.
    Now comes the itchy-in-a-bathtub, where's-my-pants part.

testsubject23 on
    camo_sig2.png
    Steam: Chaos Introvert | Twitch.tv: Chaos_Introvert | R*SC: Chaos_Introvert | PSN: testsubject23
  • Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    The Hard-boiled LA Noire contest is now closed, after a relative flurry of last-minute entries. Thanks very much to everyone who participated. I will judge them tomorrow while I am at bored at work, as I'm sure I will be.

Gaslight on