As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Prime] Pre PAX Board Game Night - GAMING ROOMS ANNOUNCED (Thursday, Aug 30 4PM - ??)

• Options
    LexiconGrrlLexiconGrrl Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    We'll be in the Sheraton, so Brian and I will be there probably after dinner that night! I'm hoping for games of Arkham and/or Galactica, but I'm up for everything, board games and handheld (only catch is I don't own a copy of Galactica, and I don't know if I have room to pack all my Arkham sets in my suitcase, so I'll be relying on others who can bring the games.)

We can bring BSG, but not Arkham.

LexiconGrrl on
    Happily on Sabbatical. Don't bug me.
  • Options
    tsrblketsrblke Registered User regular
    We'll be in the Sheraton, so Brian and I will be there probably after dinner that night! I'm hoping for games of Arkham and/or Galactica, but I'm up for everything, board games and handheld (only catch is I don't own a copy of Galactica, and I don't know if I have room to pack all my Arkham sets in my suitcase, so I'll be relying on others who can bring the games.)

We can bring BSG, but not Arkham.

Arkham horror? I think our tag along friend (that's what I'm going to start referring to him as. The 3rd friend my wife and I are bringing along) is bringing that game. We won't actually know until he shows up to our place the night before our flight (he's forgetful and his house is an hour in the opposite direction of the airport.) But yeah, if I remember to tell him (and I've got the game name right) it will likely be there.

• Options
    VersuskidVersuskid Maui, HIRegistered User regular
    I might be able to bring Push Fight if anyone is interested.

Prime 2014 Status: .[ ] Pass(es) .[ ] Hotel .[ ] Plane Tickets .Waiting Patiently [NEVER!!]
    Challenge Coin [ ]. Custom Dice [ ]. Forumer Pin [ ]. On Forumer Badge [ ]
    Attendee: Prime '12, '13
  • Options
    kropotkinkropotkin Forum Badge Creator London UKRegistered User regular
    I shall be bringing along Eclipse. This is a board game that is very similar to 4x PC games like Sins of a Solar Empire and the recently released Endless Space. It has a score of 8+ on Board Game Geek and can take up to 3 hours to play with a full roster of 6 players. I can vouch that it deserves such a high score!

ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• Options
    CreamsteakCreamsteak Thrall Registered User regular
    kropotkin wrote: »
    I shall be bringing along Eclipse. This is a board game that is very similar to 4x PC games like Sins of a Solar Empire and the recently released Endless Space. It has a score of 8+ on Board Game Geek and can take up to 3 hours to play with a full roster of 6 players. I can vouch that it deserves such a high score!
    I also has and am bringing Eclipse. We should play.

• Options
    nohomeJeromenohomeJerome Emerald City, WA Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    If anyone is interested in war-themed strategy games, I can bring Memoir '44, along with the Pacific Theater and Eastern Front expansions.

nohomeJerome on
  • Options
    lostsock78lostsock78 Registered User regular
    Bringing Super Munchkin and Munchkin Fu.
    I can also bring China Rails if anyone's interested in the Mayfair rail games.
    Also glad to see I can leave my CAH at home.

• Options
    lostsock78 wrote: »

inorite?!

• Options
    KellyShepard087KellyShepard087 Myrtle Beach SCRegistered User regular
    sanovah wrote: »
    If i can find(or buy if i can't find it) and can fit it in my bag I'll bring Stratego
    You are awesome. I've been on the fence, but if you are bringing this. I am so there. Long as scheduling works out right.

- Biting's excellent! It's like kissing. Only there's a winner.

Pax Attendee/Enforcer:
    Prime - '11 Attendee, '12 Enforcer, '13 Enforcer
    East - '12 Attendee, '15 Enforcer
  • Options

inorite?!

I say you Seattle-ites stick to the bigger games that are harder for me to pack in my bad (CAH is so small it'll fit in the coner of my suitecase.) But that's just MHO.

• Options
    RandomAtomRandomAtom Registered User regular
    tsrblke wrote: »

inorite?!

I say you Seattle-ites stick to the bigger games that are harder for me to pack in my bad (CAH is so small it'll fit in the coner of my suitecase.) But that's just MHO.

Same, I can't exactly fit Ticket to Ride or Munchkin in my pack, but CAH, Cthluhu Dice, these are things I can bring.

EAST 2014 Ticket[X] Hotel [X] Transport [ ] Plan [ ]
    Find me on Steam.
  • Options
    The Mighty AntThe Mighty Ant Registered User regular
    I should be able to contribute the following:

Zombie Dice
    Marian Dice
    Cthulu Dice
    Settlers of Catan Dice
    Star Munchkin (C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER)
    Wrath of Ashardalon

1Ev79LH.png

https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/themightyant
    “We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” - George Bernard Shaw
  • Options
    FenrisfangFenrisfang Edmonton, AB, CanadaRegistered User regular
    tsrblke wrote: »

inorite?!

Agreed! Most of the extra room I have in my suitcase is going to my kids toys. The more entertainment I have for them, the better chance there is that Grandma will take them for years to come! lol!

PAX Tickets: check!
    Hotel Booked: check!
    Sitter for the kids: check!
    Excitement level rising: check, check and triple check!
  • Options
    RichSoCashRichSoCash Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    We can bring BSG
    I haven't played before, but I read the rules and seen people play, and really hope I get a chance to play sometime during PAX

• Options
    kropotkinkropotkin Forum Badge Creator London UKRegistered User regular
    RichSoCash wrote: »
    We can bring BSG
    I haven't played before, but I read the rules and seen people play, and really hope I get a chance to play sometime during PAX

Warning: BSG has a high probability of 'table flipping' rage. You have been warned! :p

ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• Options
    kropotkin wrote: »
    RichSoCash wrote: »
    We can bring BSG

Warning: BSG has a high probability of 'table flipping' rage. You have been warned! :p

I disagree. The game is just as bleak and hopless as the TV show, which means you're generally too depressed to flip the table.

• Options
    Rockman53Rockman53 Registered User regular
    I feel like I'm entirely too big of a board game fan to miss this. I didn't see BANG, RoboRally, or Catchphrase on the list, so I will be happy to bring them along with me.

• Options
    HeadhunterHeadhunter Registered User regular
    How late do y'all think you will be going? I will be attending the Mariners game from about 7-10pm (I'm a big baseball fan), but would like to drop by afterwards before calling it a night.

"Perception is reality." -unknown
  • Options
    jclemyjclemy Registered User regular
    Headhunter wrote: »
    How late do y'all think you will be going? I will be attending the Mariners game from about 7-10pm (I'm a big baseball fan), but would like to drop by afterwards before calling it a night.

It went quite late last year. You should be fine.

Thanks for organizing this again this year! I loved it last year! My wife doesn't get in till late Friday so i,m all alone Thursday night. Not anymore!

• Options
    Jenny_SpaghettiJenny_Spaghetti I am 3 ginger midgets in a trench coat. Calgary, CanadalandRegistered User regular
    As an aside, if someone has and brings Takenoko, I will love you forever and also make a point of showing up to play.

• Options
    CodeMonkey76CodeMonkey76 Software Developer Orem, UTRegistered User regular
    We'll probably be bringing:
    Cards Against Humanity
    Settlers of Catan
    Dominion
    Tsuro

*note - it'd be easier to read the OP's list of games if they were alphabetical and had duplicates removed...just saying.

• Options
    *note - it'd be easier to read the OP's list of games if they were alphabetical and had duplicates removed...just saying.

Yeah, I'd been meaning to do that anway. Pants kick received, list is updated.

• Options
    edited July 2012

Yeah, I'd been meaning to do that anway. Pants kick received, list is updated.

Is this the part where I make the sarcastic comment about the list being sooooo much easier if you updated it with links to descriptions of each of the games?
    (I kid, I kid, thanks for doing this.)

You're pants kick followed through to me, I'll contact my friend re: Arkham horror.

Edit: Friend confirmed he intends to bring Arkham Horror. I'll stay on him not to forget it.

tsrblke on
  • Options
    shadowscoutshadowscout Registered User regular

heh I actually started a google doc for my own reference lol

so @LexiconGrrl feel free to copy n paste from here ;)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AmfllLvbwAfzdEEyVS10S0hkMy1MT0x1SW9tSnVpSFE

its nowhere near complete yet but it should be on open edit if anyone else feels like helping out :P

• Options

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AmfllLvbwAfzdEEyVS10S0hkMy1MT0x1SW9tSnVpSFE

its nowhere near complete yet but it should be on open edit if anyone else feels like helping out :P

Wow, that is seriously amazing! Thanks for putting it together! I'm putting the link on the OP.

• Options

Wow, that is seriously amazing! Thanks for putting it together! I'm putting the link on the OP.

OK, I was just being a humorous silly goose, I never expected that to happen. Kudos to @shadowscout, that thing is totally awesome.

• Options
    shadowscoutshadowscout Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    should now be a link on everything - (thanks Ghola for the dune version)

I'll attempt to keep this up to date as stuff gets added (unless people add stuff at the last minute as I fly out the weekend before PAX )

shadowscout on
  • Options
    DragonLord625DragonLord625 Registered User regular
    Anyone interested in the Game of Thrones board game? I know it's a longer play out, but if anyone is interested I'll bring it.
    Also, I'll have my copy of the new Descent 2nd edition if anyone wants that.
    Sorry if I'm duplicating earlier game suggestions, just tossing these out there.

(Note: I haven't played it yet lol, our gaming group keeps getting side-tracked on other games, but I'm familiar with all the rules.)

• Options
    Ghola DuncanGhola Duncan Registered User regular
    For Dune, it is the '79 version by Avalon Hill.

• Options
    BowzachiBowzachi Registered User regular
    I'd hate to bring another redundant CAH, but I am thinking about packing my special version with a self-made custom expansion integrated that I have a feeling PAX-goers may appreciate...

• Options
    The more I see the suggestions the more I'm wondering how I'm ever going to manage to play all the games I would like to play.

I'm excited to see how inappropriate people get with strangers and CAH.

• Options
    DisraeliGearsDisraeliGears Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I'm staying at the Sheraton, will definitely try to show up at some point in the night, if not at 4. I believe I should be able to bring 7 Wonders and maybe Monty Python Fluxx.

8hj00yskc5i7.png
  • Options
    douglasbouttelldouglasbouttell Glasgow, UKRegistered User regular
    I might show up to mingle, as long as you don't mind a guy sitting down and going "I have no idea how to play this game, you guys keep me on track"

Douglas Bouttell: Geek, Engineer, Weirdo

PAX East 2013 Status
    Hotel: Waterfront Westin; Flight: Booked; Pass: Purchased; Suitcase: Packed

PAX Prime 2012 Status: Level Complete
    TWDT'12: Hufflepuff OotP
  • Options
    zephusdragonzephusdragon Registered User regular
    I asked this at the Tabletop Thread, and I ask this here too. I'm looking to see if I can get some serious gamers for the World of Warcraft Board Game (the huge Fantasy Flight one). I've played only a hand full of times since I've gotten it, and I really want another go at it. The problem of course is that it is a huge game, and bag space is a premium. Would anyone be interested in playing this, if so I'll drag it with me.

3-Day Pass [x]
    Hotel Booked [x]
    Drive Fiancee Batty over PAX [x][x][x]
  • Options
    SentosSentos Rainbow Afro United StatesRegistered User regular
    I can bring my gear for

D&D- Castle Ravenloft
    Ticket to Ride- USA
    Small World- Base Set
    Munchkin Quest

I would LOVE to get people for Castle Ravenloft.

• Options
    I might show up to mingle, as long as you don't mind a guy sitting down and going "I have no idea how to play this game, you guys keep me on track"

Among other things, that is exactly what this night is about*! Bring it.

(*and getting really drunk and playing CAH until the wee hours of the AM.)

• Options
    I learned ticket to ride last year. I loved it!

• Options
    ArcticLizardArcticLizard Melbourne, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Hope I fit it into the night, PPD then Kris and Scott’s Scott and Kris Show....fingers crossed!

• Options
    mavrick88mavrick88 Registered User regular
    Not sure if I will be there (depends on when roommates arrive at SeaTac), but if I am able to make it I will be bringing The Resistance.

I was driving some out-of-towner friends around, and I kept complaining about being blinded. They responded with "You see, where we come from, people tend to wear Sunglasses." I retorted with a simple "You people tend to have sun."
  • Options
    MultraMultra Registered User regular
    That guy who brings 50+ pounds of boardgames will once again be showing up to this. Unfortunately, I have moved to southern california and it isnt exactly feasible to bring a large ikea bag full of games anymore :(. I will bring a few smaller games though!

This discussion has been closed.