As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Prime] Girls' Meetup: Tickets on sale now

• FenrisfangFenrisfang Edmonton, AB, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Thank you for your support zephsright, but this is an event for people who identify as female. You sound cool though and I'm sure the other ladies will agree when I say that I hope to have the chance to meet up with you in some other venue.

Agreed!

PAX Tickets: check!
    Hotel Booked: check!
    Sitter for the kids: check!
    Excitement level rising: check, check and triple check!
  • EruditeAphroditeEruditeAphrodite Registered User regular
    Tickets are on sale now. Cost is $17+ wepay charges for the restaurant to ourselves, brunch and coffee, tea and juice. Alcoholic beverages will be at your expense.

Pretty Gamer - Your one-stop shop for female gamers and geeks. Written by women, for women. Because we all deserve to feel pretty.
  • arwen_doll16_LOTRarwen_doll16_LOTR Commander Registered User regular
    I ordered mine! Can't wait!! PAX is getting closer and closer!

I should go.
    534159_4247466298641_1660805487_n.jpg
  • CaptainTapoleCaptainTapole Awesome in the Possum - Yee-Haw! Northern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Done and done.

The Girl Who Gave Everyone the Shortest Jenga Game Ever.
  • Little Miss RachelLittle Miss Rachel Geek Chick Before Geek Was Chic Idahoan ExileRegistered User regular
    Ticket bought, I'm actually factually going this year! ~dances~

• CovetCovet Registered User regular
    Purchased. Can't wait to see all of you lovely ladies!

Yup got mine too. As I said on the FB page, a bit nervous to go alone, but excited at the same time to meet some of you wonderful ladies!

• punziepunzie Cookie Pimp Registered User regular
    Ticket bought. Hopefully I won't be sick and have to skip it this time.

HI3789R.png
  • courtneyjcourtneyj Newcastle, WARegistered User regular
    That's to punzie's helpful twitter reminder I have my ticket!

Thank you so much for tweeting punzie! That's one aspect of social media I absolutely can't seem to get into. 20 tickets sold thus far! I'm really looking forward to seeing everyone.

Pretty Gamer - Your one-stop shop for female gamers and geeks. Written by women, for women. Because we all deserve to feel pretty.
  • SuzamaSuzama Registered User regular
    I just got myself a ticket. This looks like a lot of fun. This will be my first time at this meet up and I am looking forward to meeting all of you there.

• zephsrightzephsright Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Thank you for your support zephsright, but this is an event for people who identify as female. You sound cool though and I'm sure the other ladies will agree when I say that I hope to have the chance to meet up with you in some other venue.

That would be great. We're actually throwing a big gay meetup the Friday night of PAX that any women allies would be welcome to attend. ( info here: https://www.facebook.com/events/173951559405569/ ) and we'll also have a panel at PAX about Queers in Gaming that will invariably touch on gender issues as well ( info here: https://www.facebook.com/events/234300513357242/ ). Feel free to join us. Cheers!

- Benjamin
    Geek for Hire
  • Menolly07Menolly07 Registered User regular
    Getting caught up on a load of threads. I'm in the wedding from hell. -.- Buying my ticket now!
    zephsright wrote: »
    That would be great. We're actually throwing a big gay meetup the Friday night of PAX that any women allies would be welcome to attend.
    This sounds great, zephsright. Thanks for taking the time to drop the information here. I'm definitely going to add it to my jammed PAX social calendar with a great big happy star! <3

Still PAXing strong. [E] for lyfe. ELand forever.
    twitter.com/Menolly07
  • alegriaalegria Registered User regular
    Thanks to the Facebook group post I got my tickets last weekend. Me and two friends will be there with bells on! :)

Rw4xnu6.png
    PAX Prime Attendee since 2006, BYOC Attendee 2008-2012, Buttoneer 2010-2014
    https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/alegria
  • akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    Tickets get!

Who wants to go bag shopping at Macy's with me after brunch?

Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
    24 ladies attending thus far. (Shameless self bump what?) Can you guys think of any more ways I should be promoting this event to ensure that everyone who would want to attend has the chance to find out about it?

• CovetCovet Registered User regular
    24 ladies attending thus far. (Shameless self bump what?) Can you guys think of any more ways I should be promoting this event to ensure that everyone who would want to attend has the chance to find out about it?

I'd suggest opening the Facebook event to a "Public" event so that the PAX ladies can invite their friends. I find it a little frustrating that I have to invite a friend to the PAX Ladies' group before I can invite them to the brunch.

edited July 2012
    I didn't actually create that event and can't find a way to make it public. I have therefore created a new public event and linked it in the groups page. You can share this one with any ladies you think would be interested. Thanks for the suggestion!!

EruditeAphrodite on
    The fb event you made says Saturday. At least, that's what the email invite I got says.

HI3789R.png
    punzie wrote: »
    The fb event you made says Saturday. At least, that's what the email invite I got says.

OMG, I'm an idiot. Fixed. Thanks for the heads up. >.<

• phoophoo Registered User regular
    Silly newbie question: Why is this event at the end of PAX instead of the beginning?

• CaptainTapoleCaptainTapole Awesome in the Possum - Yee-Haw! Northern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    It originally started as Sunday Brunch over at Cheesecake Factory across the street, but then we all decided to get more intimate (not THAT way...unless you want to ;) ) and have a place to ourselves. Plus Sunday Brunch and mimosas/Bloody Marys/whatever other alcohol served that day.

The Girl Who Gave Everyone the Shortest Jenga Game Ever.
    Sunday is usually a more laid back day so people are less likely to have other commitments then. Plus, brunch and Sunday kinda go together, right?

HI3789R.png
  • Menolly07Menolly07 Registered User regular
    it's very ladylike, sunday brunch is, NOW LET'S GET CRAZY DRUNK AND FUCK SHIT UP BITCHES!!! I mean.... Silly geese.

Still PAXing strong. [E] for lyfe. ELand forever.
    twitter.com/Menolly07
  • Katie85Katie85 Registered User regular
    HEY! I'M a lady and I like brunch (where I can obtain alcoholic concoctions!) I'll be by myself ditching the boys, but I'll see what I can do!

Katie85 wrote: »
    HEY! I'M a lady and I like brunch (where I can obtain alcoholic concoctions!) I'll be by myself ditching the boys, but I'll see what I can do!

You should totally ditch the boys. It's just me and the hubby travelling and I am leaving him on his lonesome!

• sleepygeckossleepygeckos Registered User regular
    Just don't sell out of tickets quite yet - I think I'm over extending myself on PAX event tickets, so I need a little time to calculate the money output before committing to a ticket. ;) Trust me, you girls are very high on my list of "Must See!"

I do have one question: Breakfast overlaps with open convention time, correct? Is there normally not anything interesting Sunday morning, or should I worry about missing something? (This is my first PAX and my normal "traveling partner" didn't get a ticket so still figuring out priorities as a "single.")

edited July 2012
    I have the same question as sleepygeckos- what happens on Sunday? Is the Omegathon finale later in the day?

I do apologize if that's already been answered somewhere.

Katie85 on
    Also, I do apologize if that's already been answered somewhere...

• akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    edited July 2012
    Breakfast overlaps with open convention time, correct? Is there normally not anything interesting Sunday morning, or should I worry about missing something?

Here's the thing: You will always be missing something. PAX is a huge event, with lots of panels, tournaments, other games, demos, community events, etc etc.

It doesn't matter what you're doing at any given time; you're missing something else.

So yes, you will miss some "official" PAX stuff by going to brunch. Here's the other thing: PAX is awesome because of the community of all of us, therefore spending time with that community is also awesome, and often the most memorable parts of the whole weekend.

You'll miss a panel, maybe, but we're all a lot more fun. Event organization like this can't wait for the official schedule to come out, so we have to kind of take our chances.

akjak on
    Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
    akjak wrote: »
    Breakfast overlaps with open convention time, correct? Is there normally not anything interesting Sunday morning, or should I worry about missing something?

Here's the thing: You will always be missing something. PAX is a huge event, with lots of panels, tournaments, other games, demos, community events, etc etc.

It doesn't matter what you're doing at any given time; you're missing something else.

So yes, you will miss some "official" PAX stuff by going to brunch. Here's the other thing: PAX is awesome because of the community of all of us, therefore spending time with that community is also awesome, and often the most memorable parts of the whole weekend.

You'll miss a panel, maybe, but we're all a lot more fun. Event organization like this can't wait for the official schedule to come out, so we have to kind of take our chances.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

• EnigmasEnigmas Registered User regular
    How are we doing on tickets? I have to put off buying mine until the middle of the month and I don't want to miss out.

3DS: 4871-3908-4971
    Hungry? The Cookie Brigade!
    PAX Prime 2013 Buttoneer! Main Design! And the Creeper is still waiting for you...

Slytherin House Elf for the Order of the Phoenix!
    Just because we're arrogant, doesn't mean we're (completely) evil.
  • BaghdadBeanBaghdadBean Wrench Wench Scio-Lacomb, ORRegistered User regular
    Enigmas wrote: »
    How are we doing on tickets? I have to put off buying mine until the middle of the month and I don't want to miss out.

120 left as of around 10 minutes ago.
    (Finally got my ticket! Yay!)

edited August 2012
    We are just fine on tickets. If nothing else, I am worried about the event being too small for the Diller Room to make a profit. But then again the husband said I was worrying like this last year, so I'm going to try to worry less.... >.> yeah right. On a happier note, Djiem got me the reworked button artwork for this year and it looks fabulous. <3

EruditeAphrodite on
  • kemikalkemikal Registered User regular
    We are just fine on tickets. If nothing else, I am worried about the event being too small for the Diller Room to make a profit. But then again the husband said I was worrying like this last year, so I'm going to try to worry less.... >.> yeah right. On a happier note, Djiem got me the reworked button artwork for this year and it looks fabulous. <3

If the event is too small for the Diller Room to make a profit, we will just have to make up for it by buying enough cocktails. ;)

Assassin's Ball, Prime '13: @CowboyVerse
    TWDT '13: Hufflepuff OotP
  • mrt144mrt144 King of the Numbernames Registered User regular
    Gotta see if my wife would be interested in this.

• LewieP's MummyLewieP's Mummy Registered User regular
    Finally! I've bought my ticket - I'm volunteering at the Olympics and this is the first chance I've had to sit at a PC and not be amending shift rotas! I am so looking forward to this - we fly to Seattle in 3 weeks time :)

For all the top UK Gaming Bargains, check out SavyGamer

For paintings in progress, check out canvas and paints

"The power of the weirdness compels me."
  • shidoshishidoshi Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    akjak wrote: »
    You'll miss a panel, maybe, but we're all a lot more fun.

But... but... my panel is one of those that people will no doubt miss and you're saying will be less fun than this meet-up! *runs off crying*

(Actually, I'm most sad about the fact that because of that conflict of timing, I may not be able to make it to the meet-up.)

shidoshi on
    kemikal wrote: »
    If the event is too small for the Diller Room to make a profit, we will just have to make up for it by buying enough cocktails. ;)

This is why I <3 you guys.

• itchbayitchbay Self-Rescuing Princess Registered User regular
    alegria wrote: »
    Enigmas wrote: »
    shidoshi wrote: »
    Ahhh, every year it has to be someone.

On a different but similar topic, does the previous ruling for those who are transgender still stand in terms of invitation status?

We're a welcoming group and I don't think any woman who identifies as female would be excluded from the meet-up.

Boys in skirts aren't welcome. Ladies who happen to have nonstandard equipment under their skirts are perfectly welcome and I'd love to meet you. :)

^ This.

I've always held that this is a girls meetup, not a cisfemale meetup and anyone who disagrees is welcome to piss right off.

Which is probably the number one reason I love this meet-up! I'm sooooo in again this year!

Not *that* kind of princess.
This discussion has been closed.