As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[GW2]Taste the rainbow VERY SOON in the new thread.

• shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    Conan and WAR?

Geez man, I'd have punched him in the balls twice for only $30 a swing. That's half price!

• ArchangleArchangle Registered User regular
    One of the things that might be close to a dealbreaker for me is that doubletap dodge MUST take priority over everything else. I was not happy to die several times over the weekend while rezzing someone because doubletap wouldn't break the rez channel. Anything that prevents players from wanting to help other players needs to be caught and shot now.

• KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    Archangle wrote: »
    One of the things that might be close to a dealbreaker for me is that doubletap dodge MUST take priority over everything else. I was not happy to die several times over the weekend while rezzing someone because doubletap wouldn't break the rez channel. Anything that prevents players from wanting to help other players needs to be caught and shot now.

Does the normal dodge button work? Double tap dodge is pretty bad as it is.

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • ArchangleArchangle Registered User regular
    Klyka wrote: »

No idea - didn't try dodge button (I'm just used to doubletap from other games). Noticed it during a WvW keep fight and submitted a bugreport on it.

• derangedhermitderangedhermit Madstrike PortugalRegistered User regular
    Kafka87 wrote: »

I literally know nothing, but would assume that you would gain influence for your declared server? So you guesting on EU would still raise the influence for NA?

That would be the most logical anyhow.

Actually, how will they log the active population influence? Will it just be x of y are registered USA and playing USA so they get that much influence, whereas z of y EU are playing EU and so they get that much influence?
    Enig wrote: »

Anyone in the guild doing events/PvP on the EU server will be earning influence for the guild on that server, and vice versa. Simple as that 8-)

Yeah, i thought all that aswell but since we didn't test guesting on the BWEs, i'm not sure. Anyway, i asked Eric Flannum on QuarterToThree's GW2 thread and am waiting to see if he answers.

Battle.net: Madstrike#2175 , GuildWars2: Madstrike.1436
  • Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    OMG you had a new guild pic without me :(

• KorKor Known to detonate from time to time Registered User regular

No idea - didn't try dodge button (I'm just used to doubletap from other games). Noticed it during a WvW keep fight and submitted a bugreport on it.

This seems odd as I specifically remember using double tap to break the rez sequence on several occasion.

DS Code: 3050-7671-2707
    Pokemon Safari - Sneasel, Pawniard, ????
  • am0nam0n Registered User regular
    One month until Early Access.

So how was BWE3? I didn't join in. They had Asura and Trees, right? Anything big happen or any big changes?

• Cobalt60Cobalt60 regular Registered User regular
    Kor wrote: »

This seems odd as I specifically remember using double tap to break the rez sequence on several occasion.

I continuously get caught auto trying to walk backwards to cancel the 'auto-attack' like you could do in GW1.

• DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    am0n wrote: »

So how was BWE3? I didn't join in. They had Asura and Trees, right? Anything big happen or any big changes?

The end event was pretty hilarious, I'm told. I think mostly everyone just putzed about with the new races and generally agreed that it's not as much fun this time because we don't want to get wiped again. Everyone is ready for launch.

What is this I don't even.
  • Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    I actually tried to stick to some PVE for once to see what it felt like to progress.

And I thoroughly enjoyed it.

But yeah I couldnt bring myself to do much at all.

• TyberiusTyberius Registered User regular
    Here is some footage of my Engineer during the last weekend. Since shields were buggy I stuck with dual pistols and finding it difficult not just going with them next month.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAieNaoFSpc

• MarsloMarslo is, the dirty frenchmen MontrealRegistered User regular
    edited July 2012
    Kai_San wrote: »

The one in the op is from BWE3.

From what iv heard, they fixed dungeons. A quote from some one that ran it is "its easier now, but yet harder".

Wuvwuv, was fairly balanced this time around.

Marslo on
  • EnderEnder Registered User regular
    Tyberius wrote: »
    Here is some footage of my Engineer during the last weekend. Since shields were buggy I stuck with dual pistols and finding it difficult not just going with them next month.

epic movie tiem!

goddamnit man, this makes me want to do engy even more

• GeodGeod swim, swim, hungryRegistered User regular

That's still the BWE1 picture.

• BobbleBobble Registered User regular

Man, I commend you for somehow getting acclimated to that, because I ran away (crying and screaming) from double-tap-dodging after maybe three fights. Too often I would accidentally dodge just because I hesitate hitting a key or stutter step.

I always try to put a 'twitch' skill on mouse-4, and dodge turned out to be a natural fit. I highly recommend it to anyone who's unsure of what to do with their dodge button.

• BadwrongBadwrong TokyoRegistered User regular
    I hope Dawnguard comes out soon so I can spend the next month in a memory-less haze of late night gaming and work. It will be like a time machine

Could always freeze yourself...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=raTts-iGixU

Steam: Badwrong || Xbox: Duncan Dohnuts || PSN: Buc_wild

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • HugglesHuggles Registered User regular
    Enig wrote: »
    @Corehealer
    The Krytan language is silly, but an asuran writing thread titles should know..

your -> you're
    Thread title done wrote by norn!

• DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    Someone posted a GW2 race/class poll and got it locked/link removed. I'd like to see a reliable poll of that info, though. Anyone know where a decent one is?

What is this I don't even.
  • MarsloMarslo is, the dirty frenchmen MontrealRegistered User regular
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    Someone posted a GW2 race/class poll and got it locked/link removed. I'd like to see a reliable poll of that info, though. Anyone know where a decent one is?

http://gw2census.com/

• am0nam0n Registered User regular
    Marslo wrote: »

The one in the op is from BWE3.

From what iv heard, they fixed dungeons. A quote from some one that ran it is "its easier now, but yet harder".

Wuvwuv, was fairly balanced this time around.

Interesting about the dungeons.

Also, unless my browser just isn't updating, the photo in the OP is from BWE1. BWE2 we were all on top of our keep. I wasn't in BWE3, but the one I see in the OP is BWE1...

• ArthilArthil Registered User regular

Don't worry Kai, I've missed both of them =(.

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • VorpalVorpal Registered User regular
    Marslo wrote: »
    Darkewolfe wrote: »

http://gw2census.com/

The profession pie chart breakdown so far looks shockingly well balanced. I'm amused that the elementalist is the most popular, because that is literally the only class I am not interested in playing at all (no doubt due to my own incorrect preconceptions).

steam_sig.png
    PSN: Vorpallion Twitch: Vorpallion
  • VargVarg Registered User regular
    Kor wrote: »

Double tap didn't break me out of rezzing in wuvwuv. I had to back off then double tap.

As far as the dungeons go, I did story mode Ascalonian Tombs and it was really easy with Ranger, Thief, Thief, Guardian, Mesmer. Didn't have a full wipe at any point and essentially the ranger tanked everything but one of the Lovers.

• CyrondinCyrondin I bring the sick beats on you, brother Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    edited July 2012
    shryke wrote: »
    Conan and WAR?

Geez man, I'd have punched him in the balls twice for only $30 a swing. That's half price!

funny part is WAR is the reason why he is iffy on GW2 since he hated pubic quest and the rifts in well rift. but he also said to me people will mass quit in a month and play mists like they did with rift and SWTOR. the kid is veryy loyal to blizzerd and call me a sheep for not being hype for mists.

Cyrondin on
  • REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington The Exploding ManRegistered User regular
    I want a new keyboard. A company that supports eSports would be good. I have a G15 that's super old and grody, but I don't use those G15 keys very often any more.

• HugglesHuggles Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    Cyrondin wrote: »
    the kid is veryy loyal to blizzerd and call me a sheep for not being hype for mists.

He said this without a trace of irony? Wow.

*Ring ring*

'This is pot. Kettle, I have something to tell you: you're black.'

Huggles on
    funny part is WAR is the reason why he is iffy on GW2 since he hated pubic quest and the rifts in well rift. but he also said to me people will mass quit in a month and play mists like they did with rift and SWTOR. the kid is veryy loyal to blizzerd and call me a sheep for not being hype for mists.

I think the big difference this time, is after everyone goes and checks out Panda-land, they will do what there is to do there and then come back for more GW2. Not everyone... but having no subscription means you just leave the thing installed given you don't need the hard drive space, spend some time in another game... then come right back. Even when people go back to WoW, they have to input some billing and make a choice... must easier choice with GW2 since if someone still finds it boring they lose nothing but a few hours.

Hell I'll go play Mists and have fun... probably see and do all I want in a couple weeks, then go play more GW2. WoW has great content when they add an expansion... its just the endgame feels like the exact same treadmill as the last expansion had. I'm more than happy to enjoy their new content, just skip the stupid treadmill at the end.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    shryke wrote: »
    Conan and WAR?

Well pot and kettle aside there will be a population that will play both when MoP comes out with a focus on WoW. Myself being one. From my experiences in GW2 it is a fun game to play but not enough to dethrone the king just yet. :)

• CyrondinCyrondin I bring the sick beats on you, brother Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    Huggles wrote: »
    the kid is veryy loyal to blizzerd and call me a sheep for not being hype for mists.

*Ring ring*

he thinks it cool to hate on blizzard now, and it not really "sheep" but he said i a follow the internet hipster trend of hating on blizzerd, even though i brought that flying lion and got the year sub thing. and he accuse me of fanboying back on monday's fight since i am telling this guy to look at videos of GW2 before calling the game shit.

I'm not surprised he didn't like PQ's. The reward system was opaque and it was frustrating to feel like you contributed the most but see someone else walk off with the gold bag.

steam_sig.png
  • ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    Huggles wrote: »

*Ring ring*

he thinks it cool to hate on blizzard now, and it not really "sheep" but he said i a follow the internet hipster trend of hating on blizzerd, even though i brought that flying lion and got the year sub thing. and he accuse me of fanboying back on monday's fight since i am telling this guy to look at videos of GW2 before calling the game shit.

Your friend doesn't sound like a very nice person.

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
    Jubal77 wrote: »
    Well pot and kettle aside there will be a population that will play both when MoP comes out with a focus on WoW. Myself being one. From my experiences in GW2 it is a fun game to play but not enough to dethrone the king just yet. :)

People still play Everquest 1.... dethroning an MMO is nonsense.
    WoW just has a high population because a ton of people don't(didn't) play video games other than WoW.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Vorpal wrote: »
    I'm not surprised he didn't like PQ's. The reward system was opaque and it was frustrating to feel like you contributed the most but see someone else walk off with the gold bag.

oh i agree the PQ was bullshit in war, it handle mush better in GW2 by none that i agree with him with.

• GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    That was a bug. That admittedly took months to fix, because it was way out there.

• JepheryJephery Registered User regular
    I got a Warrior to level 32 and 100% the first three zones from the human start. Then did a few hours of sPvP.

I don't mind getting wiped since I'm used to redo'ing content (I had 7 80s during Cataclysm, 3 level 50s in the first three months of SWTOR's release). In fact I used it as a chance to figure out what the best leveling patterns would be.

}
    "Orkses never lose a battle. If we win we win, if we die we die fightin so it don't count. If we runs for it we don't die neither, cos we can come back for annuver go, see!".
  • Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    Badwrong wrote: »
    Jubal77 wrote: »

People still play Everquest 1.... dethroning an MMO is nonsense.
    WoW just has a high population because a ton of people don't(didn't) play video games other than WoW.

Oh I am well aware of it. I was just following the tone of the OPs friend in a jest. I will be of the population that plays both. I think this game will take up my secondary MMO slot as no other MMO other than TSW or my current one LOTRO has really held it strong. I might actually PVP in this game!

It's very easy to 'pick up' a non subscription based MMO, I think. When I get tired of EVE, and no longer think I'm getting $15x account enjoyment out of it per month, I cancel and spend no time playing it. GW2 wont' have that problem, and anyway, I forsee myself spending a lot of time on it.

steam_sig.png
  • DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    My big issue with GW2 right now isn't the story, the graphics, the time it took them to release it, the cash shop, or anything like that.

It's that I can't for the life of me decide whether to make an Asura Thief or Engineer.

It's really irritating. I tried the Asura Necro but it just didn't feel right to me as it had a distinct lack of guns. Additionally someone mentioned something about 2 hander swords and Asura animations so now my decision is even MORE difficult.

I'm just hoping I get through the main story of TSW in time for the release of this.

NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
    Jephery wrote: »
    I got a Warrior to level 32 and 100% the first three zones from the human start. Then did a few hours of sPvP.

I don't mind getting wiped since I'm used to redo'ing content (I had 7 80s during Cataclysm, 3 level 50s in the first three months of SWTOR's release). In fact I used it as a chance to figure out what the best leveling patterns would be.

I made it to 28... so not has high as you, but I did a shitton of PVP which slowed things down a lot. I actually spent very little time leveling, and mainly just went for skill points in all the starting zones for each race. I found that those are a good way to level quickly if that's your goal. Just run to them, and do any dynamic event that pops up on the way. Since the game has a flat leveling speed, I can assume I might have made it to 40 if I didn't pvp at all. I also didn't touch my characters personal story at all, leaving it for release... so thats more exp I probably missed out on.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
This discussion has been closed.