As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Hell's] Kitchen: There was no "voila" for me

• YallYall Registered User regular
    So where is Kimmie from again? The north? Was that it? It seems like she said it once. If only I could remember...

• SarcasmoBlasterSarcasmoBlaster Austin, TXRegistered User regular
    Yall wrote: »
    So where is Kimmie from again? The north? Was that it? It seems like she said it once. If only I could remember...

Memphis.

• Delta AssaultDelta Assault Registered User regular
    Huh.

Never had a fruit tart in my life.

• Shady3011Shady3011 Registered User regular
    Season 10 of Hell's Kitchen is proving it is the worst bunch of chef's in the history of Hell's Kitchen.

• InvisibleInvisible Registered User regular
    Yall wrote: »

Memphis.

But what part of the country is that in? It was very confusing.

edited July 2012
    It's the south.

Edit: If y'all are making a joke, it ain't funny!

Shady3011 on
  • SchrodingerSchrodinger Registered User regular
    So the curse holds true once again.

• mrt144mrt144 King of the Numbernames Registered User regular
    Lmao David. Rice pudding without rice

• FoomyFoomy Registered User regular
    mrt144 wrote: »

giving him the rice was a super dumb move, if you don't he's almost guaranteed to lose the challenge, and that ensures you wont go home yourself.

Steam Profile: FoomyFooms
    Foomy wrote: »

giving him the rice was a super dumb move, if you don't he's almost guaranteed to lose the challenge, and that ensures you wont go home yourself.

Here's the deal: The only way it would bite Becky in the ass is if she was in the bottom three. Which clearly she wasn't.

By keeping David in the game one more round, she takes out a stronger contestant (Felix), and puts more dead weight into the final rounds so that she can eliminate him later.

So from a purely strategic standpoint, she made the right call. This is also why Frank was a dumbass for putting David and Becky together: Yeah, the judges might have chewed Becky out if they were in the bottom 2, but there's no way they would eliminate Becky over David. Which means that his plan would end up eliminating David, who was already weak

The strategic move would have been to pair Becky with Christine and David with Felix. Felix would have the best possible chance of carrying David over. Christine would likely drag Becky down, not because of a lack of skills, but an inability to communicate (Christine would need all the visuals explained to her before she can give Becky instructions). Thus creating a good chance of eliminating at least one of your strong competitors. Monti and Stacy would also be another good match in the bottom two, since we've never really seen them work together, and both are strong players.

Of course, it's still disappointing because the worst chef tonight didn't go home.

I just found it hilarious how he kept saying in the confessional how he would show everyone he was a serious competitor. Not only did he fail doing that, he also proved he is an idiot.

I've never even had a profiterole, but... those sure as hell didn't look like profiteroles.

Foomy wrote: »

Here's the deal: The only way it would bite Becky in the ass is if she was in the bottom three. Which clearly she wasn't.

By keeping David in the game one more round, she takes out a stronger contestant (Felix), and puts more dead weight into the final rounds so that she can eliminate him later.

So from a purely strategic standpoint, she made the right call. This is also why Frank was a dumbass for putting David and Becky together: Yeah, the judges might have chewed Becky out if they were in the bottom 2, but there's no way they would eliminate Becky over David. Which means that his plan would end up eliminating David, who was already weak

The strategic move would have been to pair Becky with Christine and David with Felix. Felix would have the best possible chance of carrying David over. Christine would likely drag Becky down, not because of a lack of skills, but an inability to communicate (Christine would need all the visuals explained to her before she can give Becky instructions). Thus creating a good chance of eliminating at least one of your strong competitors. Monti and Stacy would also be another good match in the bottom two, since we've never really seen them work together, and both are strong players.

Of course, it's still disappointing because the worst chef tonight didn't go home.

There isntenough timeforsomeone to formulate this strategy on the fly

• kuhlmeyekuhlmeye Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    Ugh... I'm not looking forward to the next episode based on the preview. I hate it when they take home chefs and expect them to perform well in a commercial kitchen environment, even though they have no formal training/experience.

Like, that's not even what Masterchef is about, we have Hells Kitchen for that.

kuhlmeye on
    PSN: the-K-flash
  • MalReynoldsMalReynolds The Hunter S Thompson of incredibly mild medicines Registered User regular
    kuhlmeye wrote: »
    Ugh... I'm not looking forward to the next episode based on the preview. I hate it when they take home chefs and expect them to perform well in a commercial kitchen environment, even though they have no formal training/experience.

Like, that's not even what Masterchef is about, we have Hells Kitchen for that.

Given how Hell's Kitchen has been going this season, what with taking actual chefs and expecting them to perform well in a commercial environment and watching them flounder every motherfucking episode, I think it might be an interesting change.

"A new take on the epic fantasy genre... Darkly comic, relatable characters... twisted storyline."
    "Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor
    My new novel: Maledictions: The Offering. Now in Paperback!
  • SarcasmoBlasterSarcasmoBlaster Austin, TXRegistered User regular
    Shady3011 wrote: »
    Season 10 of Hell's Kitchen is proving it is the worst bunch of chef's in the history of Hell's Kitchen.

Who got sent home last night? I missed the episode.

And yeah, this group is pretty terrible. Definitely by now there are usually a few chefs who clearly have a shot to win, and they are surrounded by others who are mediocre to bad. This season just seems like everyone is mediocre to bad.

• VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular

And yeah, this group is pretty terrible. Definitely by now there are usually a few chefs who clearly have a shot to win, and they are surrounded by others who are mediocre to bad. This season just seems like everyone is mediocre to bad.

From what I've seen, it looks like the good chefs were sent home early because they forgot they were actually playing a game. What is left are the ones that can play the game, but can't cook for shit.

• 411Randle411Randle Librarian Oook.Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    Veevee wrote: »

From what I've seen, it looks like the good chefs were sent home early because they forgot they were actually playing a game. What is left are the ones that can play the game, but can't cook for shit.

That would require believing that any of them have been good chefs. And I can't believe that. Especially when both teams blew the tag challenge and ended up with no winner for the first time in ten seasons. Also, have they actually had a dinner service where both teams finished yet? Because if they haven't, we're onto the final six without a fully successful service yet, and that's just...sad.

Meanwhile, on MasterChef, people are cooking! What a concept for a food show! Also, David forgot his key ingredient AND created inedible shit, he should have been out the door so fast he should have bounced when he hit concrete. Those profiteroles must have been stuffed with human feces or something to get Felix out ahead of him.

EDIT: And I like Josh, so it's a shame he's getting railroaded for saying that he wouldn't give David rice. I wouldn't have either. Fuck him, it's a competition and he fucked up. Just because I don't think I'll be the worst this week doesn't mean I should give someone else who might beat me a saving throw. If it comes down to you and the other guy, and he forgot his main ingredient, guess who gets to stay?

411Randle on
    1) Silence 2) Books must be returned by the last date shown 3) Do not interfere with the nature of causality
  • NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    411Randle wrote: »
    Veevee wrote: »

That would require believing that any of them have been good chefs. And I can't believe that. Especially when both teams blew the tag challenge and ended up with no winner for the first time in ten seasons. Also, have they actually had a dinner service where both teams finished yet? Because if they haven't, we're onto the final six without a fully successful service yet, and that's just...sad.

Meanwhile, on MasterChef, people are cooking! What a concept for a food show! Also, David forgot his key ingredient AND created inedible shit, he should have been out the door so fast he should have bounced when he hit concrete. Those profiteroles must have been stuffed with human feces or something to get Felix out ahead of him.

This season of Hell's Kitchen has had services where they did get completed with both teams still in the kitchen. Granted, it was always because the team that was out front (usually red) had their team go over to help the other team finish their tickets.

• YallYall Registered User regular
    Kimmie must have said "I'm from the south" at least 5 times per episode. I was being sarcastic as the southern cooking episode was particularly bad.

• ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    I was very dissapointed Felix was chosen over David. David had a huge advantage that he completely squandered and when he got a lucky break he still threw out crap. Just think it's hard to justify keeping him on when one if the judges says his dish was inedible. Didn't Joe throw (read: football spiked) one of David's dishes in the trash before?

I completely understand Josh's stance to not have given the rice. It's rational and completely justifiable. That said, I very much agree with Frank's belief on being an honorable competitor. If it were me I would have done what Becky did, but I wouldn't look badly upon someone if they didn't.

Also, I loved Becky's "classy and trashy" theme, I really dig those opposite's attract style dishes.

• SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    David is the guy who managed to both burn and undercook burgers but said the problem was that the girls at the window simply refused to give customers anything to eat, right?

Guys, I told you: Dessert challenges are specifically designed to get rid of the Asian people.

Corn creme brûlée sounds like the most terrible idea ever.

I'm surprised no one called Josh out on the fact that there was no hard shell. Then again, a shell only lasts for maybe 5 minutes at the most, and Josh had no idea when his dish would be judged, so that's just poor planning.

Then you have to account for the timing of preparing the custard, baking it, and giving it time to chill.

Terrible, terrible idea.

• KirbithKirbith I appear to be made of delicious cake. Registered User regular
    jdarksun wrote: »
    Sheep wrote: »
    David is the guy who managed to both burn and undercook burgers but said the problem was that the girls at the window simply refused to give customers anything to eat, right?
    Yuuup. David has only two individual wins (the risotto from ep. 3 and yesterday's ceviche), though he did have a top three dish in ep.'s 13 Paula Deen mystery box with his pan-roasted chicken. He has also had three dishes in the bottom three.

Compared to Felix, who had three individual wins and only one other dish in the bottom three (the macadamia nut free-form tiramisu).

Yea especially considering that they do seem to judge people overall in the competition (though mostly on the current dish), why the hell is David still there? Yea, Felix's dish looked terrible, but his was terrible and inedible. Kind of think that makes his worse.

Backloggery | Steam - Kirbith | PSN - Kirbith | 3DS: 4957-2249-4817
  • FoomyFoomy Registered User regular
    Kirbith wrote: »
    Sheep wrote: »
    Yuuup. David has only two individual wins (the risotto from ep. 3 and yesterday's ceviche), though he did have a top three dish in ep.'s 13 Paula Deen mystery box with his pan-roasted chicken. He has also had three dishes in the bottom three.

Compared to Felix, who had three individual wins and only one other dish in the bottom three (the macadamia nut free-form tiramisu).

Yea especially considering that they do seem to judge people overall in the competition (though mostly on the current dish), why the hell is David still there? Yea, Felix's dish looked terrible, but his was terrible and inedible. Kind of think that makes his worse.

David is still around because the producers wanted someone to add a little more drama. It's why I wish these shows weren't on fox, they try and turn everything into trashy tv.

Steam Profile: FoomyFooms

Brian got sent home.

As for David, all I'll say is he is lucky as shit Ryan decided to "gracefully" bow out when he did.

Just caught up on master chef and thoughts:

1. Becky clearly the most talented
    2. Christine is fucking awesome and fuck ryan for doing shit
    3. David is a piece of shit with weird talent for limited shit.
    4. how the fuck did tali last as long as he did
    5. Frank is so unidemensional. The fucking chicken for marines.
    6. monti is hilare but i ultimately don't see her winning
    7. Felix was the worst expediter ever, what the fuck is that about. Also how everyone tried to pin shit on monti. BULL FUCKING SHIT

God, david is a fucking piece of shit. the burgers were fucking raw you fucking stupid fuck.

• InvisibleInvisible Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    I was actually shocked Felix went home over David. I still don't understand that logic. I'd have eliminated him just for forgetting rice for rice pudding in addition to it looking and tasting terrible. Ultimately Felix's was bad because she didn't have enough time, David's was just bad because it was bad.

Invisible on
  • HeisenbergHeisenberg Registered User regular
    God, david is a fucking piece of shit. the burgers were fucking raw you fucking stupid fuck.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFlkqu9TMnk

Invisible wrote: »
    I was actually shocked Felix went home over David. I still don't understand that logic. I'd have eliminated him just for forgetting rice for rice pudding in addition to it looking and tasting terrible. Ultimately Felix's was bad because she didn't have enough time, David's was just bad because it was bad.
    David's the closest thing left to a villain. It's incredibly stupid, but the producers are trying to frame a narrative.

I can't wait till he goes home next week.

One of the best things in this show is how monti basically is proving all dem bitches wrong about being a recipe cooker.

"I am not going to squander this opportunity"

I can't believe we're not gonna get MasterChef for two weeks cause of the Olympics.

I can't believe we're not gonna get MasterChef for two weeks cause of the Olympics.

Who is we?

Who is we?

Me.

Who is we?

Me.

Just looked at the listings and WTF Fox. The Olympics aren't that good.

• KirbithKirbith I appear to be made of delicious cake. Registered User regular

Who is we?

Me.

Just looked at the listings and WTF Fox. The Olympics aren't that good.

It's not that the Olympics are OMG awesome to everyone, it's that they're only around once every four years. And thus there's a lot of people who watch the Olympics. So Fox would be silly to try and compete with that.

Backloggery | Steam - Kirbith | PSN - Kirbith | 3DS: 4957-2249-4817
  • jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    Last night's Masterchef:
    So David goes home. I've gotten to be more sympathetic for the guy than I am of Josh - who objectively does not deserve to be there.

But David deserved to go home for not finishing his well done steak in the oven. Dude. Dude. Really?

Last night's Masterchef:
    So David goes home. I've gotten to be more sympathetic for the guy than I am of Josh - who objectively does not deserve to be there.

But David deserved to go home for not finishing his well done steak in the oven. Dude. Dude. Really?

He sucked so many times and was idiotically arrogant.