As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[D&D 4E PbP] Carrion Crown OOC thread ("They're coming to get you, Cranea.")

• Witch_Hunter_84Witch_Hunter_84 Registered User regular
    DaMoonRulz wrote: »
    Two damage rolls?

I have no idea why I did that, we'll just go with the first one.

If you can't beat them, arrange to have them beaten in your presence.
  • DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    How deep is T6, and can I see the Skelly in U5?

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• TiamatZTiamatZ Ghost puns The Banette of my existenceRegistered User regular
    How deep is T6, and can I see the Skelly in U5?

The shallow water (light blue area) is considered difficult terrain, and the deep end (dark blue area) would require you to Swim (as per the Player's Handbook; water is considered Calm for DC purposes). Since Skeletons are undead, they merely walked on the bottom of the lake floor to reach the surface.

Swim Rules:
    Swim or Tread Water: Part of a move action.
    ✦ DC: Calm Water (DC 10)
    ✦ Success: You swim at one-half your speed, or you stay afloat and tread water.
    ✦ Fail by 4 or Less: Stay where you are and lose the rest of your move action. You can try again as part of a move action.
    ✦ Fail by 5 or More: Sink 1 square and risk suffocation by drowning.
    ✦ Uses Movement: Count the number of squares you swim as part of your move.
    ✦ Swim Speed: While swimming, creatures that have a swim speed (such as sahuagin) use that speed and do not make Athletics checks to swim.

There is no skelly in U5 (you mean O5, don't you?)

Prisoner Q9 was pushed to U5

3basnids3lf9.jpg

Prisoner Q9 was pushed to U5

"Reads IC thread"

Oh, I see that now. My bad :P

In that case, T5 and T6 fall under the shallow water rules (difficult terrain only), whereas U5 falls under the deep water rules (I'm going to assume Prisoner Q9 sank to the bottom, so he's under the effect of Total Concealment [-5 to attack rolls] to everyone, but only normal Concealment [-2 to attack rolls] if your standing adjacent to it). The reason for concealment is that the water in the lake is real murky, so it's hard to spot something unless your practically right on top of it.

Concealment Rules, as per the Player's Handbook:
    CONCEALMENT
    ✦ Concealment (–2 Penalty to Attack Rolls): The target is in a lightly obscured square or in a heavily obscured square but adjacent to you.
    ✦ Total Concealment (–5 Penalty to Attack Rolls): You can’t see the target. The target is invisible, in a totally obscured square, or in a heavily obscured square and not adjacent to you.
    ✦ Melee Attacks and Ranged Attacks Only: Attack penalties from concealment apply only to the targets of melee or ranged attacks.

I'd give it a minus to attack just 'cause of the light being refracted by the water http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FM1g1zNuCM0&feature=related Shit's whack!

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• GrogGrog My sword is only steel in a useful shape.Registered User regular
    Aw piss, it's my go isn't it? Somehow had it in my head we were waiting for skeletons or something.

Post incoming.

Welcome to DIE!

3basnids3lf9.jpg

Also, it's the baddies' turn, not mine

3basnids3lf9.jpg

You and your sneaky posts.

Sneakiest half-orc evah!

3basnids3lf9.jpg

How are you feeling Tiamat, are you still sick? We all hope you're feeling better.

edited July 2012
    Confounded double-post!

Witch_Hunter_84 on
    Yeah, I hope you're not pulling an "Obese guy from The Meaning of Life"

3basnids3lf9.jpg

Just as a heads up I'm away from most of civilization from the 19th to the 26th this month (next thursday to following thursday).

edited July 2012
    Sorry for the week long absence guys.

Been busy with my job this week; been working on a big project in the IT department. Rarely had time to even read stuff here in PA, much less post anything.

And the weekend was just as bad. Finally received a proper ADSL connection at my place, only to have a storm knock out power to the house for pretty much the whole weekend :(

Post will be up in a few hours.

@Grog: good luck on your journey. Hope to see you back soon Grog.

TiamatZ on
    I was about to send paramedics to your house!

3basnids3lf9.jpg

edited July 2012
    Post is up now (finally)!

By the way, I don't know if Drell's Combat Challenge goes off (due to the marked skeleton attacking Airyc), but since its not technically an Opportunity Attack ( OAs are considered a separate action to CCs; not to mention Reach weapons after all, only use OAs in melee) it should technically work. But it also says Melee in the Combat Challenge's description, so I don't know.

Thoughts?

TiamatZ on
    Whenever an enemy marked by you is adjacent to you and shifts or makes an attack that does not include you as a target, you can make a melee basic attack against that enemy.

I always read it as "When an adjacent enemy shifts or an adjacent enemy attacks not-you". Figured Threatening Reach was the bridge for it.

3basnids3lf9.jpg

Yeah combat challenge specifies they have to be adjacent. OAs I think are also specifically melee 1 IIRC.

OK then, fixed up the post then to reflect that Drell doesn't get a Combat Challenge on Prisoner #1. The -2 attack penalty mark is still in effect though.

The skellies are starting to blacken and smoulder? If we leave them alone they will catch fire and disintegrate themselves. So we just gotta put our hand on their foreheads and keep them away til then.

3basnids3lf9.jpg

edited July 2012
    Paging Dr. Bearrorist and Nurse MMAgCh!

We have five patients here who forgot their dead and need a serious wallop on their temples to remember! Stat!

TiamatZ on
  • MMAgChMMAgCh remember tomorrow. Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    Watch as Valagard whiffs against like another half dozen monsters in a row all over again.

Edit: a natural 20! I anti-jinxed it!

MMAgCh on
    Nice rolls! With that push, could you have pushed the skellies away so that one had only me adjacent to it? If you could then I can get a +4 to dmg bonus (assuming I hit)

3basnids3lf9.jpg

If our esteemed DM will let me edit my post, I can do that. Being that the monsters go again before any of us (other than Kledge) do, I didn't feel there was much of a point to it.

edited July 2012
    Drell, Cranea, and I go before the monsters as well

DaMoonRulz on
    3basnids3lf9.jpg

...I was looking at the list of creatures in the Stats spoiler and thought that was the actual initiative order. Bollocks!

It's all up to TiamatZ now. :P

• BearrorristBearrorrist Registered User regular
    Crit. Pushed one of the guys away from you DaMoonRulz.

MMAgCh wrote: »
    If our esteemed DM will let me edit my post, I can do that. Being that the monsters go again before any of us (other than Kledge) do, I didn't feel there was much of a point to it.

Bearrorist posted his turn before you could, so no edits for you :P

I will wait for round update

3basnids3lf9.jpg

Tiamat seems to be updating on the NPC turns rather than at the top of every round. I thinks it's safe to go, that's what we've been doing so far. Unless we've been jumping the gun this whole time and Tiamat has been secretly raging at us, :lol:

edited July 2012

Tiamat seems to be updating on the NPC turns rather than at the top of every round. I thinks it's safe to go, that's what we've been doing so far. Unless we've been jumping the gun this whole time and Tiamat has been secretly raging at us, :lol:

Nah, your pretty much spot on Witch (sans the raging part.)
    Or was I? <3

Yeah, its easier to just post the next round's details when the skeletons go (since their initiative just so happens to be in the same block).

Therefore, its Moon, Witch and Grog's turn (though Grog did say he's out till 26th June, so someone may have to take his turn in the meantime).

Unless of course, Grog is still around here? *Looks under DM table to make sure this isn't some player trick to steal my secret DM plans*

TiamatZ on
    Damn. I was using the round update as an excuse to mask my difficulty keeping track of where things are!

3basnids3lf9.jpg

Just waiting for Grog to come back to Civilization to post his move before posting the skellies' turn.

That's ok. Gives me more time to stew over that crit failure

3basnids3lf9.jpg

If you thought things were bad now, wait till it heats up...

Yes, I made a bad pun.

Deal with it.

*Sunglasses*

2 OAs?! Welcome back, btw

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• BearrorristBearrorrist Registered User regular
    I will be out of town Sunday - Tuesday. Kill the skellies with ice perhaps?