As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Hungry Hungry hippos?

2»

• Options
    ViscountalphaViscountalpha The pen is mightier than the sword http://youtu.be/G_sBOsh-vyIRegistered User regular
    edited August 2006
    PikaPuff wrote:
    If no one makes any suggestions (other than suggesting all of them :D ) I'll just pick up pokemans.

1-I'm Pikapuff.
    2-It's the cheapest.
    3-It's the smallest.

oh yea, Awesome. Actually that looked interesting. I would definitly play that.

Viscountalpha on
  • Options
    superjoesuperjoe Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    The Geek wrote:
    Oh man, anyone remember Omega Virus?

"'Help me! Help me!' Heeheeheeheeheeheehee!"

I have a copy of that in my attic somewhere. That game was rad.

"Ten minutes until I take over! Heeheeheehee!"

superjoe on
    IlOZ6.png
  • Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited August 2006
    You know what board game I'd fucking love to see and play at PAX?

Motherfucking Heroquest.

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    edited August 2006

Motherfucking Heroquest.

Seconded.

superjoe on
    IlOZ6.png
  • Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2006
    sup3rj0e wrote:
    The Geek wrote:

You should bring that bad boy.

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    edited August 2006
    The Geek wrote:
    sup3rj0e wrote:
    The Geek wrote:

You should bring that bad boy.

I already have enough shit in my luggage, or else I would.

Not to mention I'm not entirely sure where within the attic it resides.

superjoe on
    IlOZ6.png
  • Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    PikaPuff wrote:
    If no one makes any suggestions (other than suggesting all of them :D ) I'll just pick up pokemans.

1-I'm Pikapuff.
    2-It's the cheapest.
    3-It's the smallest.

oh yea, Awesome. Actually that looked interesting. I would definitly play that.
    Oh god. I bought it. It indeed seems like a reverse bizarro hungry hungry hippos.

But there's a wind up ball spitter. So it SEEMS slower than HHH. But I'm sure if four people are playing (as opposed to just me hitting it into the other goal easily) that balls will be constanly flying and crazy battles will ensue.

Hope to play some of you guys soon!

Note: I also bought monopoly/yatzee/battleship/boggle for the DS. Hope we can all try that out sometime. Maybe.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    kolekole Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    does anyone know any good aimbots for Hungry Hungry Hippos?

kole on
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited August 2006
    I wonder if I have room in my bag for Cranium

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    ViscountalphaViscountalpha The pen is mightier than the sword http://youtu.be/G_sBOsh-vyIRegistered User regular
    edited August 2006
    Mixed bag again, Some failings with getting this organized, If ignored you please understand this year I was really out of it before it all started >.>

I apologize if i offended anyone with this event.

However, My hungry hungry hippos did get used and enjoyed in the tabletop freeplay area. They mysteriously disaapeared. Im not sure if they broke completely or just were ninja'ed.

I did hear a cool story from one of the enforcers about some 2-3am hungry hungry hippos action. It was indeed a sight to behold.

I do think that does need to be a game that should be a part of pax lore.

Viscountalpha on
  • Options
    JoahWJoahW Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    Me and my friends were having a pretty good time with it saturday night, until some of my other frieds (who are coincedentally retarded) decided it was amazingly funny to launch the little balls as high as they could and inevitably lose them. As far as I know, we returned them to the tabletop freeplay enforcers with all the games.

Also, sort of off-topic, but what the hell does "Love Me Not" do in Hello Kitty Uno? I tried to ask one of the enforcers but was promptly sassed and not given an answer.

JoahW on
    Jamada.gif
  • Options
    MisteriosoMisterioso Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    does anyone know any good aimbots for Hungry Hungry Hippos?

XD

Misterioso on
    Listen. And understand. That Misterioso is out there. He can't be bargained with. He can't be reasoned with. He doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And he absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead..drunk.
  • Options
    Samir Duran DuranSamir Duran Duran Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Mixed bag again, Some failings with getting this organized, If ignored you please understand this year I was really out of it before it all started >.>

However, My hungry hungry hippos did get used and enjoyed in the tabletop freeplay area. They mysteriously disaapeared. Im not sure if they broke completely or just were ninja'ed.

I did hear a cool story from one of the enforcers about some 2-3am hungry hungry hippos action. It was indeed a sight to behold.

Oh shit, I'm famous.

Seriously though, it's a shame some people lack morals concerning other peoples HHH.

Samir Duran Duran on
    Ani121OD.pngSpr_3e_121.gifAni121OD.png
  • Options
    BrokenAngelBrokenAngel Registered User regular
    edited March 2007

Motherfucking Heroquest.

I have it, and will bring it. Cause everyone needs heroquesting fun! ^.^

BrokenAngel on
    k9mk2carn.pngeleventhdoc2carn.png *Proud Head Girl of Slytherin & Team Red*
  • Options
    JoahWJoahW Registered User regular
    edited March 2007

Oh shit, I'm famous.

Seriously though, it's a shame some people lack morals concerning other peoples HHH.

For real. It's a shame that everyone else playing HHH at that time was just trying to see how far away they could launch the balls. :(

PS. sup colin?

JoahW on
    Jamada.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    JoahW wrote: »

Oh shit, I'm famous.

For real. It's a shame that everyone else playing HHH at that time was just trying to see how far away they could launch the balls. :(

PS. sup colin?

I just brought the action, How you decided to play is all up to you.

Viscountalpha on
  • Options
    b0wserb0wser PAX HHL Deputy Manager CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I'd be interested in bringing some stuff down for another game of BrikWars, even though we only got one game in last year.

b0wser on
  • Options
    XylianaXyliana Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    crossfire would rock I wanna sign up for that one.. only game I own is battleship, welcome to have a go but I tend to cheat :(

Xyliana on
  • Options
    teamquigganteamquiggan Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I'll see if I can find my copy of omega virus, also, I think myself and Chizzer are bringing the game we are making for our class, its rad.

teamquiggan on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Pictionary could be good, if just for the shattered friendships and possible brawls.

Samir Duran Duran on
  • Options
    dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    no takers for operation? :P

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
  • Options
    ctishmanctishman Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I'd make you buzz without touching your wires, bab... wait, this isn't the "PAX is not a dating service" thread, is it? Oops, my bad.

ctishman on
    WCTT_banner.gif
    Get the PAX 2008 Countdown widget and while away your sad, pathetic life watching it tick down the hours to PAX '08!
    http://homepage.mac.com/ctishman
  • Options
    dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    ctishman wrote: »
    I'd make you buzz without touching your wires, bab... wait, this isn't the "PAX is not a dating service" thread, is it? Oops, my bad.
    yeah, all these talks of hippo were gettin me a bit excited, too. now, back to big bitches r us .com...

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    dyaballikl wrote: »
    ctishman wrote: »
    yeah, all these talks of hippo were gettin me a bit excited, too. now, back to big bitches r us .com...

Given that pax is more valued to me then chrismas(not that I don't love jesus because I do) Since chrismas sucks hard for me working in retail and... people have forgotten what chrismas means. I digress

Pax is unlike any other experince I've ever had. I've never felt more at home with people outside of my area. I was thinking about driving up with ctishman and the car name we had "car tango lima zima tequila" and no, we didn't break any open container laws.

Viscountalpha on
  • Options
    b0wserb0wser PAX HHL Deputy Manager CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I have a similar value attached to the event. For the majority of the year, I'm going to school in this little town. I don't do a whole lot since I'm occupied with studies, but I spend a fair amount of my spare time playing music and being a nerd. We've got one comic shop, a handful of lame coffeehouses, and not much else of social networking value. There's a real lack of things to do here, since most 'normal' people (read: wankers) choose to go clubbing out in Vancouver. I prefer to play video games and read Tolkien, is this such a problem? I don't have any resonant sense of other nerds here, since they are too far between. As a geek myself, my console station doesn't even contain a single top-level system-- my newest purchase being the DSlite. I do my own thing, and I get by with that. Aside from a good concert scheduled here and there, life doesn't particularly hold any long-term goal pinnacles, so I'm just doing things as each day comes.

There's this one event that for some reason, shatters the mould. I don't know what makes it so powerful, but damn is it ever. When August rolls around, I know what's coming. I get to break free from the regular cycle of non-accomplishment and boredom, and embark on an epic journey. If being a geek were a religion, PAX would be my Mecca. Even if I don't know more than a dozen or so people among the thousands, I feel a kinship within everyone. Perhaps PAX is my reward for staying put in this little town? Who knows. It may sound *really* nerdly, but I've never had such a good time away from home as the time I spend at PAX.

b0wser on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    b0wser wrote: »
    I prefer to play video games and read Tolkien, is this such a problem?

Yes

Samir Duran Duran on
  • Options
    RowdyTheDogRowdyTheDog Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Stratego? Heroquest?! I now have no need of my hotel room, for I will be playing board games all night...
    These will be in attendance this year, right?

RowdyTheDog on
This discussion has been closed.