As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Prime] Passes Are Arriving!!!

LexiconGrrlLexiconGrrl Registered User regular
edited September 2012 in PAX West
zerzhul wrote: »
Also, I received word from the place where we were asked to not post photos that, as many expected, it didn't matter a whole ton since the security features got so much better on the badges. Feel free to be excited about your badges and post pictures.

What I would ask is that if you FIND a security feature, you don't talk about it or highlight it in any way.

You only get a tracking email if you ordered outside of the US, and paid for the FedEx shipping. They will go out in waves so not everyone will get them at the same time.

Also, as in years past, there is no way to predict when you will get them based on when you ordered, or your name, or your state, or whatever.

Ours just arrived - the mail carrier handed the envelope to me not 5 minutes ago.

Now comes the long wait.

IMG_0430%5B1%5D.JPG

Happily on Sabbatical. Don't bug me.
Moe Fwacky on

• SkeleVaderSkeleVader Your Friendly Dark Lord of Destruction Registered User regular
    I got an e-mail yesterday with a tracking number for my 3-day badge. Says the expected delivery is Aug 1st. Woot!

IhtGIyi.png
  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Yeah I thought this might be coming very very soon. Looks like it hit about a week earlier than I expected.

Also, I received word from the place where we were asked to not post photos that, as many expected, it didn't matter a whole ton since the security features got so much better on the badges. Feel free to be excited about your badges and post pictures.

What I would ask is that if you FIND a security feature, you don't talk about it or highlight it in any way.

• RavenHuskyRavenHusky Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    Where are the badges being mailed from, because I haven't received my delivery email yet.

Recieved my pass yesterday in the mail.

RavenHusky on
    tw787Xr.png

edited July 2012
    RavenHusky wrote: »
    Where are the badges being mailed from, because I haven't received my delivery email yet.

You only get a tracking email if you ordered outside of the US, and paid for the FedEx shipping. I think they were mailed from CT for East, but I might be totally wrong. I assume it's the same badge house though. They will go out in waves so not everyone will get them at the same time.

zerzhul on
  • LexiconGrrlLexiconGrrl Registered User regular
    edited July 2012

You only get a tracking email if you ordered outside of the US, and paid for the FedEx shipping. I think they were mailed from CT for East, but I might be totally wrong. I assume it's the same badge house though. They will go out in waves so not everyone will get them at the same time.

Confirmed: Norwalk, CT according to the return address on the envelope.

LexiconGrrl on
    Also, as in years past, there is no way to predict when you will get them based on when you ordered, or your name, or your state, or whatever.

• tsrblketsrblke Registered User regular
    Excellent! IIRC they were mailed in waves last year. So there's that to considered too. (Oh wait Zerzhul said that already.)
    This is good, I'm due to close on my house in about a week and a half, 2 weeks. So the sooner these arrive the sooner I can turn on mail forwarding from the apartment to the new house. (You think I was going trust USPS to properly forward these...NO!.)

• SkeleVaderSkeleVader Your Friendly Dark Lord of Destruction Registered User regular
    edited July 2012

I am very glad this decision was made. To me it really didn't make sense to punish the forums. The only thing the no picture rule was accomplishing was keeping honest people honest since there were still plenty of places to find pictures of the badges.

They are being mailed from Stratford, CT.
    I assume most people won't get a delivery E-mail that are in the US. I am fairly certain I only got one because they screwed up my order.

SkeleVader on
    IhtGIyi.png
  • tsrblketsrblke Registered User regular

So we're not allowed to disclose that the badges will draw blood at random time intervals to verify your DNA?! Darn that was by far the coolest security feature that never existed.

• RavengerRavenger Trolololo Registered User regular
    full of jealousy

<@heels&gt; Ravenger: i do not talk to anyone
    <+Ravenger> you are talking to me
    <@heels&gt; oh god, what am i doing
  • KomiKomi Registered User regular
    Camping out in front of my mailbox already. The days are getting slower, so excited.

-PAX Prime 2014-
    [x]In awe that my 30 minute badge window prediction was pretty close to accurate.
    [x]Badge (HOLYCRAPIGOTA4DAY!)
    [x]Hotel
    [ ]Airfare
    [ ]Buttoneering Buttons
    [ ]Challenge Coin
  • Disco11Disco11 Registered User regular
    Do we get lanyards with the badges? First time going to pax!

PSN: Canadian_llama
  • LexiconGrrlLexiconGrrl Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    Disco11 wrote: »

Not in the mail, but there will be free lanyards when you arrive, or you can buy the knitted steel version that all the cool kids have from Liger, here.

LexiconGrrl on
  • EvilEvincarEvilEvincar Registered User regular
    Just got mine in the mail. I like the new look, the mostly blue with bits of shiny on it. A good change from the red we've got from years past.

Max sig size: 500x80px or 4 lines of text
    EvilEvincar.png
  • adias.angeladias.angel Tech-Savvy Wife Kalamazoo, MIRegistered User regular
    edited July 2012
    Happy dance!! That means they should be hitting the mid-west area early next week!

adias.angel on
    Prime '12, '13, '14, '15, '19 .. East '12
    Happy dance!! That means they should be hitting the mid-west area early next week!

It really makes no difference, since they go in waves and there's no way to tell who is getting whose, when. People have received them in Seattle and Boston already, and they are coming from CT :P

• punziepunzie Cookie Pimp Registered User regular
    I got mine! YAY! :D

HI3789R.png
  • ColdbrewColdbrew Down in Front Productions Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
    edited July 2012
    And now's the time I start getting jealous of everybody, because I have a media pass and won't get it until the day before PAX. :/

I'm glad to see they're doing the same thing they did with the East badges though, love that design.

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
  • DisraeliGearsDisraeliGears Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Hmm... hope this goes ok. Just changed my address on the registration site yesterday, as I'm moving from San Francisco to Seattle next week. Hope it doesn't arrive in Seattle and get sent back by the current tenant, or arrive here after we leave. Does anyone know about how spread out the waves of mailings were last year?

8hj00yskc5i7.png
  • RavengerRavenger Trolololo Registered User regular
    Komi wrote: »
    Camping out in front of my mailbox already. The days are getting slower, so excited.

Put a sensor on your little red flag.

Or just plant a trip mine.

<@heels&gt; Ravenger: i do not talk to anyone
    <+Ravenger> you are talking to me
    <@heels&gt; oh god, what am i doing
  • vgcvgc United StatesRegistered User regular

Not in the mail, but there will be free lanyards when you arrive, or you can buy the knitted steel version that all the cool kids have from Liger, here.
    I already made my own lanyard outta scalemail! I didn't realize that somebody else already makes chainmail lanyards.

I can't wait until my passes come in the mail! Super excited!

I second the endorsement of Liger Lanyards

edited July 2012
    Hmm... hope this goes ok. Just changed my address on the registration site yesterday, as I'm moving from San Francisco to Seattle next week. Hope it doesn't arrive in Seattle and get sent back by the current tenant, or arrive here after we leave. Does anyone know about how spread out the waves of mailings were last year?

It will be sent to the original address you provided. The last day to change your address on the registration site was July 9th.
    However, I am sure you will submit your change of address form which should take care of things.
    If you never receive your badge in the mail then you will need to send an E-mail to pax_questions@paxsite.com
    In the past if people never received their Pax badge due to it being lost in the mail they were able to pick up a replacement one at the Will Call desk.

Edit: Also, there are many different waves of badges and last year people were getting them as little as a couple days before the event.
    This year it seems they are going out a lot sooner so it may be different.

SkeleVader on
    IhtGIyi.png
    edited July 2012
    SkeleVader wrote: »

It will be sent to the original address you provided. The last day to change your address on the registration site was July 9th.
    However, I am sure you will submit your change of address form which should take care of things.
    If you never receive your badge in the mail then you will need to send an E-mail to pax_questions@paxsite.com
    In the past if people never received their Pax badge due to it being lost in the mail they were able to pick up a replacement one at the Will Call desk.

Edit: Also, there are many different waves of badges and last year people were getting them as little as a couple days before the event.

The part about people being able to pick up a replacement at will call is only the case IF they called ahead of time and said they never got their badge, and they still had all the confirmation information.

People should not expect to be able to go to pax and just have a badge waiting just in case.

zerzhul on
  • adias.angeladias.angel Tech-Savvy Wife Kalamazoo, MIRegistered User regular
    edited July 2012

It really makes no difference, since they go in waves and there's no way to tell who is getting whose, when. People have received them in Seattle and Boston already, and they are coming from CT :P

Awww I forgot about that...... don't care, *happy dance* anyway!! ;-)

adias.angel on
    Prime '12, '13, '14, '15, '19 .. East '12
  • DisraeliGearsDisraeliGears Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    SkeleVader wrote: »

Thanks for the response. I apparently failed to read the July 9th date. Either way, as you said, I do have a change of address form submitted to USPS, so hopefully it will be forwarded correctly, or will arrive soon!

8hj00yskc5i7.png
  • etherealvisionetherealvision Registered User regular
    Went out to see if my buttons arrived and got an even better surprise!

736189290_2625524437_0.jpg?t=1343338000

Let there be games!
  • ShadeShade Registered User regular
    Got mine. NOW I MUST TRAIN.

• KomiKomi Registered User regular
    Ravenger wrote: »
    Komi wrote: »

Put a sensor on your little red flag.

Or just plant a trip mine.

I'm not sure if a trip mine would be a good idea, I don't want mailman splattered all over the pass.

-PAX Prime 2014-
    [x]In awe that my 30 minute badge window prediction was pretty close to accurate.
    [x]Badge (HOLYCRAPIGOTA4DAY!)
    [x]Hotel
    [ ]Airfare
    [ ]Buttoneering Buttons
    [ ]Challenge Coin
  • MalgarasMalgaras Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    Sweet! Badge get! It almost came too soon, as now I'll be stuck in PAX anticipation mode for an entire month.

Also, I don't care if we can post pictures. Still posting a bobcat, because they are awesome:
    bobcat.jpg

Malgaras on
    1tLJUH2O.png
    Bobcat is working as intended.

• JulieLJulieL Pacific NorthwestRegistered User regular
    Just. Can't. Wait! I hope ours arrive soon so that I may gaze upon their awesomeness.

• MOSFETMOSFET Registered User regular
    Bobcat explanation please?

• WeeEvil EeveeWeeEvil Eevee TacomaRegistered User regular
    IM SO EXCITED NOW .My pass and my friends pass arrived at our houses today .It was so awesome. I heard he got his firstand i was like '"awww....where mine. " Then my mail came and THERE IT WAS .

• KellyShepard087KellyShepard087 Myrtle Beach SCRegistered User regular
    Went out to see if my buttons arrived and got an even better surprise!

736189290_2625524437_0.jpg?t=1343338000
    You sir, have a wicked awesome hat. May I steal it?

- Biting's excellent! It's like kissing. Only there's a winner.

Pax Attendee/Enforcer:
    Prime - '11 Attendee, '12 Enforcer, '13 Enforcer
    East - '12 Attendee, '15 Enforcer
  • courtneyjcourtneyj Newcastle, WARegistered User regular
    My pass has arrived!

• CaptainTapoleCaptainTapole Awesome in the Possum - Yee-Haw! Northern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Ooo! They're so shiny and purty! And SO MANY locations!

The Girl Who Gave Everyone the Shortest Jenga Game Ever.
  • Project TUROProject TURO Denver, CORegistered User regular
    I had to buy 3 one day passes and I'm still a bit bummed that I couldn't get a 3 day pass. Anyone else feel the same way?

This discussion has been closed.