As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[TF2] Team Fortress 2 getting maps updated

• UEAKCrashUEAKCrash heh Registered User regular
  • beta_angelbeta_angel ColoradoRegistered User regular
    Definitely going to PAX (considering I live 45 minutes from it).

UEAKCrash wrote:
    BETA IS FUCKING CREDIT TO TEAM.
    EvilBadman wrote:
    Beta_Angel is awesome. Never doubt this.
    TF2 Hatpack
  • KanaKana Registered User regular
    Unfortunately not able to go to PAX this year

NEXT YEAR, though

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
    PAX East is better.

• AdusAdus Registered User regular
    UEAKCrash wrote: »
    PAX East is better.

Sorry they call it PAX Prime for a reason dude.

Anyway I am going. Will be my first PAX. Hooray!

• maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    Is there any way to see a history of all the weapons you've owned? Wondering if I've smelted any vintage weapons accidentally.

FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
    tf2items has a history that should do the trick, I think?

I'm drunk and tuftooing random servers if anyone wants to join me in some shenanigans.

• KanaKana Registered User regular
    When vintage weapons became a thing I melted down soo many. I had at least a vintage of every weapon in the game at that point, and extras of most of them.

But I really didn't give a shit about vintage weapons, everyone had them, and hey if you melt guns you get hats. Ooooh hats.

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Blackbird SR-71CBlackbird SR-71C Registered User regular
    Lol vintage weapons!

Every time new items were introduced, you had a day or two to craft them, after that they turned vintage and weren't obtainable as vintages anymore.

So when Meet the Medic came out, I basically pulled all switches to craft the new items before the time limit.

Guess which update's items never turned vintage at all.

steam_sig.png
    Steam ID: 76561198021298113
    Origin ID: SR71C_Blackbird

• BarrakkethBarrakketh Registered User regular
    Every time new items were introduced, you had a day or two to craft them, after that they turned vintage and weren't obtainable as vintages anymore.
    In one case where new items had expensive crafting costs and were later changed to not require a refined the older items were made vintage. Those items are the Amputator, Brass Beast, Buffalo Steak Sandvich, Crusader's Crossbow, Loch-n-Load, Sharpened Volcano Fragment, Sun-on-a-Stick, and the Ullapool Caber.

Rollers are red, chargers are blue....omae wa mou shindeiru
  • devericdeveric MinneapolisRegistered User regular
    beta_angel wrote: »
    Definitely going to PAX (considering I live 45 minutes from it).
    Adus wrote: »
    PAX East is better.

Sorry they call it PAX Prime for a reason dude.

Anyway I am going. Will be my first PAX. Hooray!

Ok, you two should hit me up, if you want to join all of us for Thursday night drinks. Drop me a pm with your email, or at least let me know if you have other plans. We will likely just be drinking/eating/etc etc, but you should join us either way. PS let me know if you need byoc passes, I have 2 extra that I need to unload. Also, if anyone else is going, you should let me know too.

• ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Definitely can't make PAX Prime, but living on the east coast means I really should look at PAX East sometime. Been meaning to for years, just never get around to it or have the funds available to justify the travel, accomadations, tickets and entertainment costs. Maybe if this promotion finally comes through in the next year.

And I'd totally be down for beers with the people I Honc with once in a blue moon.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
    Forar wrote: »
    Definitely can't make PAX Prime, but living on the east coast means I really should look at PAX East sometime. Been meaning to for years, just never get around to it or have the funds available to justify the travel, accomadations, tickets and entertainment costs. Maybe if this promotion finally comes through in the next year.

And I'd totally be down for beers with the people I Honc with once in a blue moon.

I wont be going this next show (unless something amazing happens) but I highly recommend getting some numbers of a few people who are attending and coordinate some meetups. The drinking shenanigans are always fun. We all had a few of beverages and went to the PC Freeplay and played TF2 on HonC for about a half hour before they kicked us off. It was good times.

• xzzyxzzy Registered User regular
    We all had a few of beverages and went to the PC Freeplay and played TF2 on HonC for about a half hour before they kicked us off. It was good times.

Nerds. Travelling across the country and doing exactly what you do at home? Huge goddamn nerds.

I slapped SoCo and Lime for insulting Stoneyridge, and he was sitting right next to me.

Can't do THAT at home.

• Bear is DrivingBear is Driving Registered User regular
    I punched ebo for headshotting me in the first second of a round.

It was well worth the expense to do just that.

• TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    Forar wrote: »

I wont be going this next show (unless something amazing happens) but I highly recommend getting some numbers of a few people who are attending and coordinate some meetups. The drinking shenanigans are always fun. We all had a few of beverages and went to the PC Freeplay and played TF2 on HonC for about a half hour before they kicked us off. It was good times.
    I remember this.

"wait, they're making us leave?!"

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
    deveric wrote: »
    Ok, you two should hit me up, if you want to join all of us for Thursday night drinks. Drop me a pm with your email, or at least let me know if you have other plans. We will likely just be drinking/eating/etc etc, but you should join us either way. PS let me know if you need byoc passes, I have 2 extra that I need to unload. Also, if anyone else is going, you should let me know too.

Sounds like a thing. I'm waiting to hear back on my Enforcer application, which might predicate what I'm able to do that night. I know a bunch of the Enforcers will be making out to one (or some) of the bars on the Tri-Wizard Drinking Tournament, which means Capitol Hill bars will be inundated by Witches and Wizards.

UEAKCrash wrote:
    EvilBadman wrote:
    TF2 Hatpack
  • ebotasticebotastic Going Gonzo In People's HeartsRegistered User regular
    I punched ebo for headshotting me in the first second of a round.

It was well worth the expense to do just that.

You are a bad Canadian, and a bad person in general, Bear!

Please, call me ebo.
  • devericdeveric MinneapolisRegistered User regular
    beta_angel wrote: »
    deveric wrote: »

Sounds like a thing. I'm waiting to hear back on my Enforcer application, which might predicate what I'm able to do that night. I know a bunch of the Enforcers will be making out to one (or some) of the bars on the Tri-Wizard Drinking Tournament, which means Capitol Hill bars will be inundated by Witches and Wizards.

Sure, we will likely be at dinner for about 3 hours like last time, and then probably drinking somewhere playing cards against humanity or something.

Somebody last night was like "...how did you get a vintage max hat?"

I uh...pre-ordered the damn game, that's how.

FU7kFbw.png
    Yeah, but I think a vintage max is super rare. Certain vintages could only be created by not logging into the game for long periods and being awarded the hat after vintage quality went in.

A quick google suggests only a few exist in total, which is a Big Deal to hat barons.

• Pablo the PenguinPablo the Penguin Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    So how much is it worth then? Rare enough that someone would be willing to sell their soul for it? Or just rare enough that they'd be willing to sell their pet's soul for it?

Pablo the Penguin on
    KoTH_Aquifer_b1 is now a thing.
    Predownload it on the site or if you're cool and can handle .bz2's (sup mavers?) download it here.

New some of the new changes from koth_crash_72:

The biggest thing, that doesn't require a picture, is that the sewer is gone* in this version. It's just a test for now, but it'll probably be gone for good from now one.

2012-07-26_00002.jpg
    This is the new layout of the buildings on either side of the center point. There is a new entrance and it's deeper than it previously was. There's also a full ammo and medium health pack in the room that used to be the drop down to the sewer.

2012-07-26_00004.jpg
    New door going into that same building. Hopefully this changes the dynamic of the center area some. More routes.

*actually it's just blocked off, so feel free to noclip in and feel all cool because you know it's there. Or don't. Whatever...

Fuck you.

• CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    Fuck you too Crash. Fuck you too.

Headshot you sometime soon, promise.

488W936.png
    You lazy boob, at least zip up your bsp's prior to uploading.

Also, the ramp in that side room looks kind of janky. It might work better if you just make it a ledge, and if you need a ramp down to that room, make a second door in the previous room that goes downwards.

Last but not least you have a prop marked solid AND IT DOESN'T HAVE A VPHYSICS COLLISION MESH. FAIL MAPPER.

So how much is it worth then? Rare enough that someone would be willing to sell their soul for it? Or just rare enough that they'd be willing to sell their pet's soul for it?

No, but I'd probably consider buying a Steam game for the person.

UEAKCrash wrote:
    EvilBadman wrote:
    TF2 Hatpack
    xzzy wrote: »
    You lazy boob, at least zip up your bsp's prior to uploading.

Hey you cock, bz2 is right there.

Corehealer wrote: »
    Fuck you too Crash. Fuck you too.

Headshot you sometime soon, promise.

Not if I don't play!
    1310566788431.png

Speaking of not playing...

We are going to play tonight. I will be drinking and you can all laugh at my intoxicated-ness while I shoot you in the face because rum is my popeye spinach for sniping.

• .Tripwire..Tripwire. Firman Registered User regular
    I concur about playing tonight.

Or should I say... I HONCUR?

sigi_moe.pngsigi_deviantart.pngsigi_twitter.pngsigi_steam.pngsigi_tumblr.png
  • GoldenCoalGoldenCoal Registered User regular
    I HONCUR about playing tonight

I'm getting on now. Invites going out shortly.

xzzy wrote: »
    Yeah, but I think a vintage max is super rare. Certain vintages could only be created by not logging into the game for long periods and being awarded the hat after vintage quality went in.

A quick google suggests only a few exist in total, which is a Big Deal to hat barons.

Well gee, I've got the entire Sam & Max set in vintage form.

FU7kFbw.png
    I crashed a second time before we got to Aquifer. I'll have to experience it next time. Here's what my game looked like during Steel:
    weridtf21.jpg
    Which made it into a new game, because the models lacked team colours:
    weridtf22.jpg

edited July 2012
    Sorry, double post. Nothing's working tonight!

.Tripwire. on
  • BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    Did this get posted yet?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RYeKYj4vEY

Also, .Tripwire., was that after playing Saxton Hale on HonC? I used to get that loads on the maps after VSH.

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.