As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PRIME] Omeganauts report in! Omegarounds listed in the OP

• Options
    LTAcostaLTAcosta Boston, MARegistered User regular
    tsrblke wrote: »
    My phone starting ringing in the middle of a meeting, I pulled it out and....it was the lender for my Mortgage (the wife and I are buying our first house right now.)
    So..erg...I guess that's actually kinda more important than the Omeganaut thing. But yeah, nothing. And a bit disappointing. I mean we swing from "Childish glee!" to "Adult life crap" in one caller ID.

I can pretty much assure that my wife didn't get a call because of the fact that a) she put her work number and b) someone else is occupying her desk during her business trip and c) she's more or less unreachable during the day during said business trip (she's way back in some server closet where phones don't go.)
    Oh and d) she hasn't called me yet :P.

Oh wellz, there's likely not next year (personal reasons not likely to make PAX), but I'll still have fun at my second PAX.

Don't worry, it's only your 2nd PAX. Plenty of time to get selected. It took me 8 PAXs before I got picked.

AN9buWz.png
  • Options
    IrishAssassinO1IrishAssassinO1 Council Bluffs, IARegistered User regular
    edited July 2012
    Blast!!! My cell rang the other day at work, but I can't take calls while on the clock. And it was a 360 area code number. Argh!!!!!!!!!!

Ahh...not so bummed then. Thanks.

IrishAssassinO1 on
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    That was probably cruise ship spam. I got that one this morning too (and finally got around to blocking the number). It's a portland number that starts out with a ships horn, then "this is your captain speaking". Omeganaut calls went out only today, and come from a blocked "unknown number".

E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    tsrblketsrblke Registered User regular
    LTAcosta wrote: »
    tsrblke wrote: »
    My phone starting ringing in the middle of a meeting, I pulled it out and....it was the lender for my Mortgage (the wife and I are buying our first house right now.)
    So..erg...I guess that's actually kinda more important than the Omeganaut thing. But yeah, nothing. And a bit disappointing. I mean we swing from "Childish glee!" to "Adult life crap" in one caller ID.

I can pretty much assure that my wife didn't get a call because of the fact that a) she put her work number and b) someone else is occupying her desk during her business trip and c) she's more or less unreachable during the day during said business trip (she's way back in some server closet where phones don't go.)
    Oh and d) she hasn't called me yet :P.

Oh wellz, there's likely not next year (personal reasons not likely to make PAX), but I'll still have fun at my second PAX.

Don't worry, it's only your 2nd PAX. Plenty of time to get selected. It took me 8 PAXs before I got picked.

Eh? I more think it's funny because I did a call just a boring "adult" call (I don't wanna grow up.) at exactly the right time (in between when this was posted and updated to show they were all done calling.)
    This is actually a bit of a theme. My wife's switchboard blocks caller ID and last year I got a call from her at this time too, "Unknown" I picked up "Hello?!...Oh, it's you." Needless to say, that don't make your wife happy.
    My wife does plan to see if there were any calls at her work when she gets back in on monday. Mostly to see if she managed to confuse her desk squatter (which is really just our goal.)

• Options
    sethtbsethtb Software Consultant New YorkRegistered User regular
    I'm in! I got the call at work and I've been almost completely unable to concentrate since then. Also only my 2nd PAX ever after PAX East this spring!

I've been refreshing my email for the last few hours waiting for the "more details" that were promised :) I've had some issues before with my email not being transcribed correctly over the phone - is there any way to double check that my correct email address is on file?

• Options
    SkeleVaderSkeleVader Your Friendly Dark Lord of Destruction Registered User regular
    sethtb wrote: »
    I'm in! I got the call at work and I've been almost completely unable to concentrate since then. Also only my 2nd PAX ever after PAX East this spring!

I've been refreshing my email for the last few hours waiting for the "more details" that were promised :) I've had some issues before with my email not being transcribed correctly over the phone - is there any way to double check that my correct email address is on file?

You can log into your account on the registration site, bottom right corner.

IhtGIyi.png
  • Options
    SkeleVader wrote: »

You can log into your account on the registration site, bottom right corner.

Thanks! Now to continue F5ing for that email...

• Options
    Mystral721Mystral721 Registered User regular

If Gabe hadn't asked me to verify my e-mail address I'd be having fits about it, too!

"Little baby Cthulhu hopping through the forest, picking up the field mice and Sucking Out Their Souls"

http://www.logicalcreativity.com/jon/plush/01.html
  • Options
    starskizzlestarskizzle 2012 Prime Omeganaut Registered User new member
    I still think my friends are punking me, but i got a call from "Gabe" saying I'm in the Omegathon.

• Options
    Josh5890Josh5890 ChicagoRegistered User regular
    Congrats to those who are in!

This space for rent
  • Options
    vespachicavespachica SeattleRegistered User regular
    Congratulations and good luck! It's pretty epic and lots of fun. :D

ufq9gj8383nh.png

• Options
    PayneTraynePayneTrayne Canuck Registered User regular
    DuelLadyS wrote: »
    Holy crap- I'm in. I'm kinda freakin' out now.

I'll have to train... Time to bust out the board games and fire up the PC! :D

As the only Runner who has been chosen, you are now the fan favourite. And by fan favourite I mean "PayneTrayne approved".

PAX East 2015:Get on Pokecrawl Team Yellow Silver [ ] Pass [X] Vacation Time [X] Hotel [X] Flights [ ] PAX East 2015 Complete [ X ] Sell Extra Set of Badges because Friend Bailed [ ]
  • Options
    DuelLadySDuelLadyS Registered User regular
    As the only Runner who has been chosen, you are now the fan favourite. And by fan favourite I mean "PayneTrayne approved".

I'm kinda glad 2/3 of my planned PAX attire is LRR T-shirts. Represent!

• Options
    Fo0dNippl3Fo0dNippl3 Registered User regular
    I'm an Omeganaut!!!!!!!!

sigdl.jpg
  • Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    @edgeofblade
    @Mystral721
    @LTAcosta
    @DuelLadyS
    @Cometraider
    @Shade
    @geardrops
    @sethtb
    @Fo0dNippl3
    @starskizzle

I'm going to set up an omeganaut twitter list (like previous years) here: http://twitter.com/paxcommunity/pax-prime-2012-omeganauts

Please post your twitter handle if you'd like to be included.

Also, new Omegas reporting in, please post your twitter handle :)

• Options
    starskizzlestarskizzle 2012 Prime Omeganaut Registered User new member
    zerzhul wrote: »
    @starskizzle

twitter is also @starskizzle
    https://twitter.com/Starskizzle

• Options

I'm going to set up an omeganaut twitter list (like previous years) here: http://twitter.com/paxcommunity/pax-prime-2012-omeganauts

Twitter is 'HoshiChiri'
    https://twitter.com/HoshiChiri

I'm one of those weirdos with more than one name floating 'round the net.

• Options
    Fo0dNippl3Fo0dNippl3 Registered User regular
    Twitter is Fo0dNippl3.

sigdl.jpg
  • Options
    Mine is sethtbooth

• Options
    Mine is LTAcosta, but but you know that that already

AN9buWz.png
  • Options
    beyondcelerybeyondcelery Registered User regular
    I'm still in shock; I'm an omeganaut!
    @beyondcelery <-- Twitter

• Options
    ShadeShade Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    DuelLadyS wrote: »

Twitter is 'HoshiChiri'
    https://twitter.com/HoshiChiri

I'm one of those weirdos with more than one name floating 'round the net.

twitter is

@cannoncore

https://twitter.com/Cannoncore

EDIT: has anyone gotten an email yet? so far no email for me >.>

maybe I did imagine it O.o

Shade on
  • Options
    geardropsgeardrops Bay Area, CARegistered User regular
    My twitter is geardrops :)

I haven't gotten my email yet either, and Gabe confirmed my address over the phone, so... they are not out yet? I hope? Maybe?

• Options
    Shade wrote: »
    EDIT: has anyone gotten an email yet? so far no email for me >.>

maybe I did imagine it O.o

geardrops wrote: »
    I haven't gotten my email yet either, and Gabe confirmed my address over the phone, so... they are not out yet? I hope? Maybe?

I haven't received an email either - hopefully you're right geardrops

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Omeganaut twitter list updated!

• Options
    No email yet for me, either, and I've been hitting refresh all day. It *is* Friday. Maybe they'll email by Monday? The suspense is killing me...

• Options
    edgeofbladeedgeofblade Warlock Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    Hey, I just got a call from Arngeir. I'm the Dragonborn!

...geez, what's going to happen tomorrow???

6YJGH2V.png
  • Options
    No email here as well... Glad I'm not the only one getting paranoid about it :)

• Options
    And there it is!

So... cash or trip?

for me it's the cash :)

• Options
    And there it is!

So... cash or trip?

for me it's the cash :)

All about the TRIP! I would love to go to Japan, I've wanted to for years!

• Options
    I don't know what I would want... The trip sounds fun, but the cash would be nice too...

AN9buWz.png
  • Options
    Cash eventually gets spent. A trip to Japan stays with you forever. I'd go to Japan!

• Options
    ShadeShade Registered User regular
    Is the trip for two?

• Options
    geeeeoffffgeeeeoffff Registered User regular
    Is the trip for two?

The trip is for two.

I got the email so I guess it's official. I'm an Omeganaut this year :-)

Twitter is @geeeeoffff I will probably only start posting closer to the event.

Also, I heard Omeganauts get some sort of special badge. Does that mean I can give my 3-day to a friend who missed the deadline to buy passes?

GD on paforums
  • Options
    Is the trip for two?
    I was also curious about that because it never actually said for two, but it did have 'each' in there, which threw me off.

AN9buWz.png
  • Options
    Mystral721Mystral721 Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    geeeeoffff wrote: »
    Is the trip for two?

The trip is for two.

I got the email so I guess it's official. I'm an Omeganaut this year :-)

Twitter is @geeeeoffff I will probably only start posting closer to the event.

Also, I heard Omeganauts get some sort of special badge. Does that mean I can give my 3-day to a friend who missed the deadline to buy passes?

I asked and was told that I'd need my badge. I'd promised mine to a friend too, since I was going to enforce.

Mystral721 on
    "Little baby Cthulhu hopping through the forest, picking up the field mice and Sucking Out Their Souls"

http://www.logicalcreativity.com/jon/plush/01.html
  • Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    edited July 2012
    I asked SmallLady and she said that I'd need my badge. I'd promised mine to a friend too, since I was going to enforce.
    Robert Khoo will give you dirty looks if you don't bring a badge/forget it at home.
    I'm sorry Robert <3

I was an Omeganaut in 2010. Ask me anything.

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    CrogothCrogoth Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    TOGSolid wrote: »

did all the girls swoon as you walked by? ;)

Crogoth on
  • Options
    redhaloredhalo Also a Professional Alcoholic Registered User regular
    Crogoth wrote: »
    TOGSolid wrote: »

did all the girls swoon as you walked by? ;)

I did.

• Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    The girls were all scared off by my STALKER: Clear Sky costume during PAX. I can't possibly fathom why.

I plead the fifth about the TWDT. Insert obvious alcohol related joke here.

wWuzwvJ.png
This discussion has been closed.