As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Street Fighter - 3rd Strike Online out. In case Yun being the best in AE wasn't enough.

1899091929395»

• Options
    AuburnTigerAuburnTiger Registered User regular
    Great games tonight @Kalia, @Ruiner999, and . . . @Dinosaurs? I can't find his forum name.

XBL: Flex MythoMass
  • Options
    BornToHulaBornToHula Registered User regular
    Good games all around. PC crowd needs more love, even though I just spent an hour getting my shit pushed in

steam_sig.png

Origin is the exact same as my Steam, in case you're needing a Support or Assault in BF3.
  • Options
    Mmmmm.

9viq9i.jpg

• Options
    Folken FanelFolken Fanel anime af When's KoFRegistered User regular
    Well done sir.

Twitter: Folken_fgc Steam: folken_ XBL: flashg03 PSN: folken_PA SFV: folken_
    Dyvim Tvar wrote: »
    Characters I hate:

Everybody @Folken Fanel plays as.
  • Options
    chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    Translation: 'Stop doing what it takes to win so I can win, mother fucker!'

• Options
    fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    what is this guy talking about

abel plays best against pussies

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    Inker2000Inker2000 Registered User regular
    getting hate mail is even better than winning. (yes, ive gotten some even after i've lost)

• Options
    ShimshaiShimshai Flush with Success! Isle of EmeraldRegistered User regular
    I must have been doing something wrong back when I played because I can only remember getting hate mail about 3 times out of about 1000 fights.

I was playing on PC so maybe they're less inclined to bitch about stuff, like losing.

Some guy playing Bison got upset because I kept throwing him. Another said Rose was a "cheap character". Of course he was playing Akuma.

Steam/Origin: Shimshai

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    templewulftemplewulf The Team Chump USARegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    fRAWRst wrote: »

Didn't you know? Abel has no tools to advance or pressure or mixups.

templewulf on
    Twitch.tv/FiercePunchStudios | PSN | Steam | Discord | SFV CFN: templewulf
  • Options
    blaze_zeroblaze_zero Registered User regular
    templewulf wrote: »

Didn't you know? Abel has no tools against pussies.

• Options
    chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    blaze_zero wrote: »
    templewulf wrote: »

Didn't you know? Abel has no tools against pussies.

sf87_anonib.jpg

• Options
    edited April 2012
    That hate mail is a reply to my first message, which was simply "Why rage quit?"

Also, I wasn't playing with a turtling defensive powerhouse. I was playing Sakura.

AuburnTiger on
  • Options
    That hate mail is a reply to my first message, which was simply "Why rage quit?"

Also, I wasn't playing with a turtling defensive powerhouse. I was playing Sakura.

Rage can be justified against Sakura. So damn annoying.

Definitely not a turtle, but goddamn is she irritating!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Snake GandhiSnake Gandhi Des Moines, IARegistered User regular
    As someone fairly new to the game who digs Sakura, any advice on how to play her? I picked her mainly because she was a faster version of Ryu, who's moves I at least know.

• Options
    cr.hp is a godlike anti-air. Abuse it.

If your opponent is jumping over you, use standing hp, it has a high vertical hitbox.

Don't carelessly waste meter.

j.mk is her best crossup, but I have trouble with it sometimes. It seems like the horizontal hitbox on it is tiny; sometimes I think I'll land it and just land on the opposite side of them.

If I'm not mistaken, light Shunpukyaku is safe on block, and even medium and hard Shunpukyaku is hard to punish. I like to use light Shunpukyaku in blockstrings, I can fish out decent counterhits that way.

Her game relies heavily on EX Shunpukyaku, and the mixups that follow. Learn them well.

That's about all I have for now, I've only been playing her for around 2 weeks.

• Options
    You might need to explain some of that terminology, depending on how new to fighters @Snake Gandhi is.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Oh right, well, let me know if anything in that post doesn't make sense.

• Options
    Snake GandhiSnake Gandhi Des Moines, IARegistered User regular
    I've been playing long enough to understand the ideas if not always the execution.

Thanks AuburnTiger.

• Options
    GFWL has a much smaller playerbase than its console counterparts, though it's still active.

Though, when I change my fight request to "Any" or "More Skilled," I get like top 100 players. It's pretty crazy watching them wreck me. I try to send out a lot of mail telling them I'm impressed.

• Options
    DarkMechaDarkMecha The Outer SpaceRegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    I ment to get into this more a month or so ago, but got super busy with school projects. However I recently got a IRL friend into SFIV (he's a big soul calibur fan), and now that I'm off from school for the summer should have more time to get my ass handed to me er play. :D I'm on PC only for the moment, though I might get it for PS3 if I can afford a PS3 compatible fight stick later this year. We shall see.

I'm seriously thinking about trying to main Cammy, but unsure. I used to main Ryu but eh...

DarkMecha on
    Steam Profile | My Art | NID: DarkMecha (SW-4787-9571-8977) | PSN: DarkMecha
  • Options
    AiranAiran Registered User regular
    Damn, too bad you guys are in the US. Any Euros here still AE'ing it up?

paDudSig.jpg
  • Options
    JookieJookie Registered User regular
    If I'm not mistaken, light Shunpukyaku is safe on block, and even medium and hard Shunpukyaku is hard to punish. I like to use light Shunpukyaku in blockstrings, I can fish out decent counterhits that way.

Medium is like -3 on block, hard is like -1. Light is neutral at worst I think, EX is a stupid +3; if you manage to drop a combo that ends with EX tatsu and you have the bar do not be afraid to do stlk->ex tatsu again. It's safe and incredibly effective. People don't think that you'll use the meter to do the same thing two or three times in a row in one block string but those people are dumb and end up eating it.

butts
  • Options
    Just a heads up, tonight is Shadowloo Showdown.

• Options
    Hey Auburn!

You don't post in the SE+ fighting game thread (i think), but this one is kinda dead.

I added you on steam for some pc AE matches, maybe i messed up and added the wrong morningstar though!

Add me and we'll play some!

And you should post here

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/158995/skullgirls-has-nothing-on-blazblue-fighting-games/p41

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    DarkMechaDarkMecha The Outer SpaceRegistered User regular
    Argh execution is so frustrating for me! Was playing with my buddy a bunch tonight and I kept dropping inputs on basic special moves like Hados and shit even though I've done them thousands of times by now. :|

Someday I will get better...

Steam Profile | My Art | NID: DarkMecha (SW-4787-9571-8977) | PSN: DarkMecha
  • Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    Do they just not sell SSFIV anymore? I've checked like eight stores for arcade edition and no one has anything but SFxT.

• Options
    Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    check around gamestops, it should be $20 there (or $18 used).

• Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    I have been. It's crazy. It's not in their computer anymore.

• Options
    theyre probably typing it wrong or something. they should still sell it.

also, newegg is selling madcatz SFxT TE sticks for $99 w/free shipping if anyones looking for a stick.

• Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    I picked up AE on Steam sale and I've been practicing with keyboard controls until my fightstick comes in the mail. I don't have much experience with fighting games but it seems like it would be fun to put some effort into this.

Is there something weird with the keyboard controls where it's disproportionately hard to do really basic combos, or does the game actually just require a pretty high level of precision to lp someone twice with Makoto? Almost always fails if I just mash lp.

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    you cant mash it, you have to time the link so that you attack again in the frames between when your attacks recovery ends and their hitstun ends. the specific frame data is around online, i dont know exactly how many frames that link is. linking attacks like that is key to SF4 though, yea.

• Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    Cool, good to know. Took a fair amount of practice to not drop that two punch combo half the time.

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    kedinik wrote: »
    I picked up AE on Steam sale and I've been practicing with keyboard controls until my fightstick comes in the mail. I don't have much experience with fighting games but it seems like it would be fun to put some effort into this.

Is there something weird with the keyboard controls where it's disproportionately hard to do really basic combos, or does the game actually just require a pretty high level of precision to lp someone twice with Makoto? Almost always fails if I just mash lp.

Pook is right. To get an idea of how the timing of links works, go into training mode and try and hit a standing mp after a standing mp with Makoto. There's kind of a rhythm to it, not too fast not too slow.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    So I am now the owner of SSFIV AE on the PC thanks to the Steam flash sale. I even took advantage of the costume discount, buying the whole pack for $7.50.

I'm seriously impressed how well it runs, as not only can I max out nearly everything with no frame loss, but it loads incredibly fast too. You can bypass the Vs screen almost instantly with the push of a button.

Even cooler is that in addition to supporting the 360 Madcatz pad, it also supports the PS3 Madcatz pad as well, offering a great wireless alternative. Now if I only I could figure out a surefire way to clean the X button, as it's a bit stuck compared to the other buttons.

Anyone here frequently play the PC version? I'd like to add you on Steam for occasional matches.

• Options
    Add me! Details are in the sig. Also, check my steam profile, there's a steam group as well.

• Options
    FRESSSH PC BLOOD

Someone link snuggles to the se+ fighting game thread, this one is dead.

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    stfuadstfuad Registered User regular
    I just started playing again, if you want an easy win my steam name is the same as the forum name.

• Options
    Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    FRESSSH PC BLOOD

Someone link snuggles to the se+ fighting game thread, this one is dead.

A link would be appreciated. The only thread I found in SE++ had closed due to page limit.

• Options