As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Fan-Fiction free DLC is now available on Steam. XBLIG update to follow.

RainbowDespairRainbowDespair Registered User regular
edited July 2012 in Penny Arcade Games
We’ve just released a major patch (code-named “The Fan-Fiction Free DLC patch) for Penny Arcade’s On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness 3 to Steam. An update for the XBLIG version will follow soon (no firm time-line due to the way XBLIG handles updates).

Penny Arcade’s On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness v1.1 changes:

New Feature – Added a Costume Change feature that allows the player to change the appearance of the 4 main characters to a new theme. Costumes can be changed when starting a new game or in-game via the quit/difficulty select menu.
Costume – Added “Gender-Swapped” costume set.
Costume – Added “Furry” costume set.
Bug fix: characters no longer retain class stat bonuses from removed classes.
Balance improvement: Crabomancer’s special attack is more predictable and slightly less powerful.
Balance improvement: Evil King’s stat boosting ability only increases strength & magic stats (previously, it also boosted speed).
Miscellaneous typo & bug corrections.

This update (and all future updates to Rain-Slick 3) are free of charge. If Steam doesn’t automatically update the game, log out of Steam and log back in and it should update then.

The next major update is entitled “The Lair of the Seamstress” and will probably be released sometime around PAX next month.

RainbowDespair on

• Options
    g0mer314g0mer314 Registered User new member
    My Steam just updated automatically, had to come here to check out the patch notes. Thanks for the info.

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Costume – Added “Furry” costume set.
    You are monsters.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    InXplotchInXplotch Registered User regular
    I am conflicted. This is awesome and yet utterly terrifying. (and that stat boost glitch sounded interesting. May i ask how it worked?)

PSN: InXplotch
    ... My, what a boring Signature.
  • Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Inspired by Tychosexual? D:

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    RainbowDespairRainbowDespair Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    InXplotch wrote: »
    I am conflicted. This is awesome and yet utterly terrifying. (and that stat boost glitch sounded interesting. May i ask how it worked?)

What you did was you equipped a class to a character and then you went and equipped that same class to someone else. The first character would lose the class but retain all the stat bonuses from the original class. Not a very useful exploit though since as soon as you put a new class in that slot, they'd lose the earlier bonuses.

It was a pretty easy fix once I figured out what was going on.

RainbowDespair on
  • Options
    kismesisterkismesister Mu Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    edited July 2012
    I think we all know how over the moon I am about this particular update!!

Time for my fourth playthrough, this time with my ladies~

kismesister on
  • Options
    slash000slash000 Registered User regular
    mu wrote:
    I think we all know how over the moon I am about this particular update!!

Time for my fourth playthrough, this time with my ladies~

I'm so glad you like it! I put a ton of time and hard work into the sprites/portraits/cutscenes for the ladies, but it was a ton of fun! I'm glad that it turned out pretty well.

• Options
    UlduricUlduric Registered User regular
    It's nice to see a change to the Evil Kings speed even though it was amazingly satisfying to beat the unpatched version. Also, this seems like the best place to post my appreciation of Zeboyd and the excellent work you gentlemen do. Between the free dlc for Precipice and the greatness that was Cthulhu Saves the World I'm glad to say that you've made me into a day one purchaser of all your future endeavours.

• Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Can I change costumes from an old game before the DLC?

• Options
    slash000slash000 Registered User regular
    Yeah, you can switch between costumes at any time from the Quit menu. So even if you load an older save file you can switch between the costumes.

• Options
    JohnnyCacheJohnnyCache Starting Defense Place at the tableRegistered User regular
    slash000 wrote: »
    Yeah, you can switch between costumes at any time from the Quit menu. So even if you load an older save file you can switch between the costumes.

This is very smart, good thinkin'

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited August 2012
    Have you considered putting the unpatched evil king in the colluseum?

Tube on
  • Options
    AskerothAskeroth Registered User regular
    I'm not sure when it went up, but the update is now on XBLIG.