As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Screenshots 9: Needs More Spiky Bits

• EnigEnig a.k.a. Ansatz Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    Alright I'll post a few GW2 screens to start with. Unfortunately I forgot to turn AF all the way up, so sorry if there is a little texture blur.

The city of Lion's Arch at night (the white glow is my sylvari character bioluminescing because it's night)
    i8iBOeAH9Dhyv.jpg

A secret cave
    ibtolqXqAVxSR1.jpg

Less secret cave (pirates don't care)
    isKoXYxA4B437.jpg

The Mystic Forge
    iCqoTxFWDhSir.jpg

Lion's Arch during the day
    iX3i1ZYTtqJDA.jpg

Human lands (Kryta)
    ibjjHtuqXQS3Ff.jpg

icy97TkMlazLP.jpg

ibryLWtOpOjN6r.jpg

ibcwYMSD84O0PH.jpg

itRoRbmxO6ICe.jpg

Human capitol (Divinity's Reach)
    iwp3EKTrE67Bu.jpg

invDxdTVjj4HU.jpg

idSdGKeVvSHYa.jpg

ibgdbXJUc1w8IP.jpg

ibcqGw6yAqi3AE.jpg

i4SFyMJvAbRZT.jpg

Enig on
    ibpFhR6PdsPw80.png
    Steam (Ansatz) || GW2 officer (Ansatz.6498)
  • override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    Quote from my character during this: "I might not make it"

ohnoes-2.jpg

It was a volcano jumping puzzle, I was with 2 other guildies and we eventually got the prize at the end, our gear did not survive except for galvari because he's an asshole and amazing at platforming

jumppuzzle.jpg

Here's my sylvari at the end of the beta event in teir 1 racial armor being bubbly and happy because that's what Sylvari are all the time

sylvarihappy.jpg

override367 on
  • VargVarg Registered User regular
    My Asuran Necromancer
    gw173.jpg

Sylvari Jungle area
    contender2.jpg

My Sylvari thief standing for a pride picture in front of the rainbow plant
    gw036.jpg

The photo I entered into the screenshot competition which I personally <3
    contender5.jpg

• DraygoDraygo Registered User regular
    I'm going to keep this to like 2 screenshots a post or this thread will get nsfdsl

Few shots of the human capitol.

gw024.png

gw177.png

edited July 2012
    Love that shot of the statue at night Draygo.

Very nice shots of sylvari-lands there Varg. Here's my sylvari-lands screens:

iblTx2jHsXUaQC.jpg

iHlfUatv3TsuN.jpg

i8bwJdckEIt9t.jpg

ibu4axsLmXMQLd.jpg

The last screen there is my character wearing the heavy-armor version of the guild armor, so it has our guild emblem on it.

Enig on
    ibpFhR6PdsPw80.png
  • initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    oh man tree people/little dudes/lady-dudes look awesome... now I'm more interested in this game.

is it like GW1 and you only have to buy the game to be able to play?

edited July 2012
    oh man tree people/little dudes/lady-dudes look awesome... now I'm more interested in this game.

Yep. Buy to play, no subscription.

Ill be putting 2 more screenshots up tonight for you guys to gawk at. GW2's graphics are pretty amazing for the style they chose.

Draygo on
  • ArthilArthil Registered User regular

Ayuuuuup.

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
    edited July 2012
    The last of my GW2 screens for now:

Rata Sum (asuran capitol)
    iblk4E1y82Ojqq.jpg

The College of Dynamics in Rata Sum
    ibcZBgw4XYIG4z.jpg

Asura not bothered by lava when there is science to be done
    iFEDkE5Q79HDW.jpg

My asura character found his way to human lands
    i2JaKNIUiLolP.jpg

Back to sylvari character, exploring further into the jungles. (Notice the jumping/platforming puzzle in the background also. Yeah, this MMO has platforming)
    iM4DJr4ZeqenW.jpg

Here is the west part of the wall enclosing tengu territory. (For GW1 players, I am roughly in the Riverside Province, and behind the wall is Sanctum Cay)
    i1uUkqHBnV5RU.jpg

iq6PT9TxFcqLT.jpg

Found asuran territory. I love their architecture. Who needs windows/walls/pavement when you have force fields?
    ibibJLLjzo9b3s.jpg

idIDS2s4UcScw.jpg

ixrkzBHfhxEUK.jpg

The beta finale event took place in asuran territory. Everyone was given a pair of aviators and a rifle with special attacks, and left to fight it out in a 4-way team deathmatch.
    ibujvzy05DpKCN.jpg

When you died (after the warm-up period) you came back as a helper-golem
    ih0weWSt3choS.jpg

Enig on
    ibpFhR6PdsPw80.png
  • derangedhermitderangedhermit Madstrike PortugalRegistered User regular
    Enig wrote: »
    Here is the west part of the wall enclosing tengu territory. (For GW1 players, I am roughly in the Riverside Province, and behind the wall is Sanctum Cay)

From all the great things that GW2 has, this for me is the greatest one. Having played GW1 and finding these new updated locations from that game here is awesome. I'm always like : "wait, i know a place like this from somewhere ...hmmmm ... ooooohhhhhhhh!"

Battle.net: Madstrike#2175 , GuildWars2: Madstrike.1436
    edited July 2012
    More amazing screenshots.
    gw063.png

gw249.png

Draygo on
    More screenshots with epic shield action!
    gw040.png
    gw252.png

edited July 2012
    And I'm bigger than you @viviexenne

gw406.png

Look at my cute cat.

Draygo on
  • OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    I don't mean to complain but you guys might wanna put up smaller-KB-sized versions of these GW2 pictures. I was wondering why it was taking me so long to load them up and then I see the relative size of them are between 1,000 to 2,000 KB. It might mean doubling up on the screenshots but I use an addon of Irfanview to resize my MMO pictures down to 150 KB. You don't have to shrink it down that small but it'd make it easier on those like me who don't have the best DSL speed around.

• StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited July 2012
    Testing something.
    bXBjP.jpg
    EDIT: Images within spoilers aren't broken anymore, but they'll be shrunk to a certain size and cannot be enlarged.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • OptyOpty Registered User regular
    Enlarging works for me, it opens a new page with the enlarged image though rather than enlarging it in place like it used to.

• BluemindBluemind Registered User regular
    I think I am pretty much sold on starting as a Sylvari.

• AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    Owenashi wrote: »
    I don't mean to complain but you guys might wanna put up smaller-KB-sized versions of these GW2 pictures. I was wondering why it was taking me so long to load them up and then I see the relative size of them are between 1,000 to 2,000 KB. It might mean doubling up on the screenshots but I use an addon of Irfanview to resize my MMO pictures down to 150 KB. You don't have to shrink it down that small but it'd make it easier on those like me who don't have the best DSL speed around.

Please don't. Part of the appeal of certain games comes from the high quality of their graphics and shrinking everything down to a fraction of what it looks like "for real" is not what I come to this thread for.

Now I'm all for cropping down screenshots to only show what i want to share, if I want t post my character I'm not going to waste everyone's screenspace with an uninteresting background.

Aldo wrote: »

Please don't. Part of the appeal of certain games comes from the high quality of their graphics and shrinking everything down to a fraction of what it looks like "for real" is not what I come to this thread for.

Now I'm all for cropping down screenshots to only show what i want to share, if I want t post my character I'm not going to waste everyone's screenspace with an uninteresting background.

Well I'm not saying they have to shrink it down to the same 150KB I go for or make it the size of a pinhole. I'm fine with the pictures themselves being plenty big. It's the extreme file-size that's clogging up the thread-loading. Resaving 1-2,000 KB files down to something like 300-500 KB would be ok, wouldn't it?

Aldo wrote: »

Well I'm not saying they have to shrink it down to the same 150KB I go for or make it the size of a pinhole. I'm fine with the pictures themselves being plenty big. It's the extreme file-size that's clogging up the thread-loading. Resaving 1-2,000 KB files down to something like 300-500 KB would be ok, wouldn't it?

Yea I think that should be possible. I guess 2MB is a bit too much for a simple screenshot.

• GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    I don't mind large file sizes, but there's really no reason for a JPEG to be 2MB large. Even at 1920x1200 you can reduce that to, at the very least, half a meg before you can even tell there's compression there.

Thank you. This page is already pretty clogged up with like ten to fifteen 1-2MB screenshots. Didn't want to add to it by accidentally starting an argument. ;)

OK so @Draygo one more .PNG and me an' the boys 'ere are gonna haff a word with ya.

@Enig You watch your step too with those images, play around with the quality a bit and figure out when you actually notice a difference in quality.

edited July 2012
    I guess I figured the screenshot thread doesn't really have to be slow-connection friendly, but I will lower the file size as 2MB is fairly large.

Edit: Ok, done. I could have gone a tiny bit lower, but damn those textures are so gorgeous. The new screens are about 25-30% the size of the old ones. Took an hour of fiddling with files :?

Enig on
    ibpFhR6PdsPw80.png
    edited July 2012
    I don't have a problem with a single screenshot that's large, but when there's 42 screenshots on a page (I counted them, because I am a nerd) it seriously adds up.

Aldo on
    Forty-two 2MB pics on this page? Seriously? Dang!

Forty-two 2MB pics on this page? Seriously? Dang!

No no, Varg's and Oversized's are reasonably sized and most of Enig's are around the 1MB range.

I've spent way too much time on this, time to start a new page and share more screenshots imo.

• EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    if your screenshot is a 2-meg PNG instead of a 150k JPEG, you're dumb.

Beep-boop. JPG con-ver-sion com-plete. Move along.

i5cx2hLAhMZ3i.jpg

ibpFhR6PdsPw80.png
    edited July 2012
    Let me put some up to make up for lost picture-viewing time. Here's a few from STO.

dJqQX.jpg
    tdP1j.jpg
    hJkFY.jpg

And here's a few from FW.

r3nNC.jpg
    v7xYN.jpg
    4QxCc.jpg

Owenashi on
    Echo wrote: »
    if your screenshot is a 2-meg PNG instead of a 150k JPEG, you're dumb.
    More like 2 MB JPEGs, actually.

• EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Personally I don't directly care about the image size. But I do care about those slow-ass image hosts with incorrect cache settings making me redownload images all the time.

• Anon the FelonAnon the Felon In bat country.Registered User regular
    What's up with the space cowboy there? I'd be embarrassed to play a character dressed like that.

• Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I think that is probably the point.

...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
    edited July 2012
    My first two thoughts when I saw that guy were "He's an Assassin? Guess his stealth-ability broke." and "Does his in-game wife know he runs around town like that?"

Owenashi on
  • Foolish ChaosFoolish Chaos Registered User regular
    gw001lz.jpg

"Hey, I'm like, a thief. I've got this gun"

gw003v.jpg

"Oh shit"

gw006n.jpg

"Pff.... its nothing"

Since it's F2P now I've been playing some City of Heroes, waiting for GW2 to finally arrive.

My evil twin, we meet again!

cox_doppelganger.jpg

Arena, stop teasing with stress tests and fast forward time until release already!

• MordrackMordrack Registered User regular
    A couple more DDO screenshots.
    Lolth enjoys tormenting adventurers.
    AC02A6F43F258D3BD64BDC8E062B57EC3EFCBEE5
    My guild airship from above.
    71047DCE7949F8836A382C632BFFEAC59332F99C

steam_sig.png
    1ydsO.jpg

Enjoy a shot of my newest STO-character and her initial Bridge crew (after some appearance-tweaking on their part). And yeah, that's Worf back there with the crazy-old-man hair.

• Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    edited August 2012
    Captain Bazooms of the Mel'on Galaxy.

Fig-D on
    SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
This discussion has been closed.