As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

MOTW 07/25/12 - Unless there's a Nazi Brain in there, I'm not impressed.

2»

• Options
    MunchMunch Registered User regular
    I always liked Greg Capullo's art on the book, personally. But yeah, Nathan Fox and Robbi Rodriguez are pretty amazing.

• Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    so, More Than Meets The Eye #7 was slower than last week's issue, which Roberts wrote as the last issue for the first trade (which sadly didn't pan out), intending 6 as the equivalent of a midseason break on a TV show, ending things on a cliffhanger.

issue 7 introduced new characters and started a new story arc, and featured a bit less action and a bit more talking.

a slow issue of MTMTE has betrayal, espionage, analysis, discussion of war stratagems, torture, the introduction of legends, corpse scavengers, snark, and a hell of a lot of charming characters in horrible situations.
    RulesofDisengagement-FulcrumMisfire.jpg
    Scan0015.jpg
    tumblr_m7q46ndaTM1qcp88so1_r1_1280.jpg

• Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
  • Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    Black Box is alive again? Good grief, can't even the bit characters stay dead?

Also, I would think he would be holding a grudge against, you know, the guy who gutted him, rather than Deadpool.

• Options
    Man of the WavesMan of the Waves Registered User regular
    Prophet is the coolest book in which I have no idea what's happening.

• Options
    UltimateInfernoUltimateInferno Registered User regular
    The Flash #11 Manapul and Buccellato have really started to hit their writing stride. Issue was really good, and looking forward to whats next. In these pics, Barry serves Captain Cold a drink that wont freeze and share a good convo.
    7tvTd.jpg

DbPK0.jpg

"Ride or Die?" asked Goku

"Ride or Die" confirmed Dominic Toretto, as they took off to find the Dragon Balls in hopes of reviving their friend Sonic
  • Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    awwwww

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    aww he doesn't have a freeze gun anymore?

• Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    Bit annoyed at how pretty boy Captain Cold is.

• Options
    Black Box is alive again? Good grief, can't even the bit characters stay dead?

Also, I would think he would be holding a grudge against, you know, the guy who gutted him, rather than Deadpool.

The entire arc actually seems to be about dead guys inexplicably coming back to life.
    First, Black Box, then Black Swan, and then Black Tom showed up at the end of this issue.

Maybe the recently-killed Black Talon will show up after that.
    Prophet is the coolest book in which I have no idea what's happening.

I'm curious, in what way? I think the narrative of each issue's pretty straightforward, funny names and such aside. It's the way all the stories are meant to link together, that's perplexing, I think. But, in a good way.

Like, what's the deal with the tailed Prophet who showed up for an issue? Is Old Man Prophet going to be the hero of the story, or the one-armed Prophet of the first arc?

It's a series that keeps me guessing, but in a way that feels entirely intentional.

• Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    I thought the tailed guy was the one of the pair that got killed by the old man

Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    Well, it was actually three that got killed by the Old Man, but none of them had a tail. Plus, Graham's said that Farel Dalrymple will return to tell more stories with the tailed Prophet.

• Options
    Man of the WavesMan of the Waves Registered User regular
    The over arching narrative in Prophet is almost entirely a mystery to me.

Everything is set in a future and we follow different iterations of John who are traveling to some where.

Where they are going and what happens when they get there is unknown.

I do enjoy each vignette so I guess I'll stay around for the ride.