As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Unofficial Forum Stylesheet - Ye Olde Style

• Options
    Man in the MistsMan in the Mists Registered User regular
    Huzzah for Suriko, savior of our eyeballs!

• Options
    Shady3011Shady3011 Registered User regular
    Ramius wrote: »
    Arthil wrote: »
    I really don't understand why we can't have a true PA theme instead of putting up with this.

We have a true PA theme. It is the default one.

I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.

• Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    Do any of the other PA pages use the true PA theme of mostly white with blue accents

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    ElderCatElderCat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    PAX Prime site is that, exactly.

IWBRLjC.png
  • Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    Incidentally not a penny-arcade.com addressed site.

Point is the forum theme is a standout from the rest of the pa sites.

Though I'm sure what ramius meant is that the default is the true pa theme because that's the theme penny arcade has endorsed for the forum.

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    RamiusRamius Joined: July 19, 2000 Administrator, ClubPA admin
    Not only endorsed, but hand created in their (Penny-Arcade) offices and delivered to Vanilla to implement.

• Options
    AdusAdus Registered User regular
    Hey well even they can be wrong sometimes.

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    so I'm not sure where to post this, doesn't warrant it's own thread, but since it related to how the board used to be I figure this thread works

last time the forum was updated someone threw a little code together that put the bookmarks icon on the left side. it only ever worked on my desktop so it may have played with like... pixels or resolution or something (I know nothing about this stuff, I'm sorry... but it didn't work on my laptop or other computers where the only difference was the resolution)

if there's anyone who knows how to do that, or if it's something suriko can handle for this (fantastic, lifesaving) stylesheet, that would be awesome.

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    Yeah I wouldn't buy for a second that a lot of the moderation/possibly admin staff don't make use of Suriko's userstyle. It isn't only that the base forums are too bright for my liking, it's that there really isn't much color contrast. If the dudes up in the Penny Arcade offices did make that theme, I've got to wonder why they went with white, white, and slightly creamy white with a dash of blue rather than the good old blues and oranges.

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    MillMill Registered User regular
    Suriko, muchos gracias. My eyes feel much better now.

• Options
    mcdermottmcdermott Registered User regular
    Ramius wrote: »
    Not only endorsed, but hand created in their (Penny-Arcade) offices and delivered to Vanilla to implement.

Still odd that it doesn't match the main site, then. Or the mobile site.

Not that it matters, since thanks to Suriko we have a choice in how we want it to look (for those of us too lazy or incompetent to simply do it for ourselves).

'sall good.

• Options
    RamiusRamius Joined: July 19, 2000 Administrator, ClubPA admin
    These statements of skepticism,
    odd that it doesn't match the main site, then
    If the dudes up in the Penny Arcade offices did make that theme
    they are baffling to me. I have no reason to make something like that up.

This discussion is wearing on me, let's just leave it lay, m'kay? Hereforth this thread is about constructive feedback on the modded theme. Discussions of or comparisons to the native theme are forbidden.

• Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    just wanted to say I appreciate all this work you're doing, Suriko.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    Death of RatsDeath of Rats Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    Few things not mentioned that I (think) were part of the old style sheet before this update:

-Make it so viewed threads are a slightly desaturated blue (the same used for the text input fields at the moment).

-Make it so Quote Trees don't get darker and darker, but instead go back and forth (I think this was in before, not sure).

-Remove the User tags and fix transparencies to work with the color scheme.

-Fix the edit button color scheme.

-Make it so the forum names are bolded on the category screen.

And then as far as things I'd like to see as far as the new functionality, but not sure if it's possible:

- Move the popup buttons to be beside the timestamp (not sure if possible)

- Change the buttons text to white/orange colors instead of gray/white.

- Make it so they no longer pop up, but are always present.

- Change the spoiler buttons to be dark blue background with white text when hidden, light blue with orange text when unhidden.

Either way, awesome job on all of this Suriko. And sorry to anyone who remembers how much I dropped the ball on trying to help with style sheets last time this all came up. Totally not cool of me.

Death of Rats on
    No I don't.
  • Options
    KainyKainy Pimpin' and righteous Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    Suriko, just wanted to report that in Chrome, there is weirdly a new thread button on the bookmarks page that overlaps any announcements that may be up. Not sure if this is also happening in the default as I've dismissed the announcements that were present before I thought to temporarily disable the stylesheet and check, sorry. Thanks for maintaining the stylesheet!

Edit: also, a suggestion while I'm at it, would it be possible to get rid of some of the less-useful information in the 2nd line each bookmark on the bookmarks page, and merge it into a single line? Having to scroll to have 12 bookmarks on a 1920x1080 monitor is kind of... ehh.

Less useful information is subjective, but I don't really need to see view count or comment count or what forum the threads I've bookmarked are in. I do like the new counter for new posts, though, that's kind of handy.

Also, the text in the options popups appears to be the same color as the background right now while using YOS.

Kainy on
    IcyLiquid wrote: »
    There's anti-fuckery code in there now :) Sorry :)
  • Options
    ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    @End posted some stuff here to move the buttons to the upper-right: http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/comment/23845877/#Comment_23845877 but I can't quite get it working with Ye Olde.

• Options
    SurikoSuriko AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Updated the style. The bookmarks issue should be fixed, the search button back to the way it was, and the flyout options at the top now alternate colour for slightly easier visual separation of each entry.

• Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    The button's not hiding in the back anymore, but now looks like it's a bit off-position.

WnA8b.jpg

The one at the bottom of the page is still fine, so I dunno if it's possible to nudge one without nudging the other.

SabreMau on
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Not complaining or anything, just troubleshooting minor bits while applauding that this thing's functional again.

SabreMau on
  • Options
    Updated, reactions bar is now always visible, and moved to the right in line with sigs. Also tidied up the category page a little.

• Options
    edited July 2012
    SabreMau wrote: »
    Not complaining or anything, just troubleshooting minor bits while applauding that this thing's functional again.

Nah, it's good to have this stuff pointed out so I can jump on it. The odd thing is that the page looks fine on the (work) computer I'm using. Anyone else seeing this?

Suriko on
  • Options
    Just updated again with a one-line change. The line above sigs is now a lot fainter and less distracting.

• Options
    Maybe it's related with the bookmark pages on the right side of the screen?

RF8Nk.png

Running Firefox 14.0.1. NoScript up but not blocking anything off the PA site.

• Options
    I'm running FF13, so that may be the difference. The arrows on the pager also look slightly different to what I have (a pixel of cruft along their top edge). Once I get home I'll update my FF and have a look.

• Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    Would it be possible to get a bit more contrast in quote boxes? At the moment they're barely darker than the background, so it gets a bit difficult to distinguish them from the rest of a post.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    AnteCantelopeAnteCantelope Registered User regular
    Suriko wrote: »
    Updated, reactions bar is now always visible, and moved to the right in line with sigs. Also tidied up the category page a little.

This is excellent, thanks for that. And the rest of the theme too I guess.

• Options
    edited July 2012
    heenato wrote: »
    Would it be possible to get a bit more contrast in quote boxes? At the moment they're barely darker than the background, so it gets a bit difficult to distinguish them from the rest of a post.

Done, update the style now. Still thinking about the best way to handle quotes (and the big orange buttons for edit profile, post reply, new thread, etc for that matter), but this'll work for now. They're a little darker than they were before.

Edit: Updated again. The little graphics on the reaction buttons were annoying me, so I killed them.

Edit: Updated again. The gear on your own posts that gives the edit option is now permanently visible. Hover effects on a forum are the worst.

Suriko on
  • Options
    Shady3011Shady3011 Registered User regular
    Thanks for that last fix. I was at a lost for where the edit button had gone to.

• Options
    Hmmm... another thing I noticed, Announcements use to be easier to differentiate. Still possible to do that?

No I don't.
  • Options
    Updated again. Managed to get rid of the user ranks next to avatars, and put it back to the system of text between the username and avatar. Done in a terribly hackish way, so hopefully there aren't any bugs.

• Options
    Suriko you are a wizard.

• Options
    Only bug I see is in the "Leave a Comment" section. The avatar totally is outside of the border.

No I don't.
  • Options
    Yeah seeing that too.

• Options
  • Options
    Hey @Jobastion I was using a Greasemonkey hack you posted awhile ago to restore full timestamps for posts. Have you updated that by any chance?

• Options
    :^:

No I don't.
  • Options
    Updated. The line above signatures is now only shown for users that have sigs, and only across their width rather than the whole message area.

Previously the signature line was drawn as a border on the bottom of the message, meaning it went across the entire area and hovered in the middle of the message area (if a post was short) instead of at the bottom.

• Options
    Were the post widths smaller before, or is that just me? Now they go across the whole screen, which on a 1080p monitor is HUUUGE LARGE.

Thanks for being so awesome at this Suriko.

No I don't.
  • Options
    MarshmallowMarshmallow Registered User regular
    Everything is right in the world for me, again.

Bless you, Suriko.