As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Phalla]- Game of Secrets-use the other thread!

• Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Are the forums running slowly for anyone else?
    What do I have servants for if they're not going to turn the handcranks on my mechanical wonderbox at maximum speed so as to grant me the power of future-sight?

• PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    There is some latency in sending posts milennia back in time, yes

• Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Intriguing. Would you be interested in joining the ranks of my.... helpers, citizen?
    You would be handsomely rewarded with not-death.
    It's a pretty good deal, let me tell you.
    Better than not-not death.

@Munkus Beaver you gonna play with us?

• lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Ahhh Phyphor.

I am glad that you are here.

I am even gladder that magic Box is not.

No Offense meant, but I'm an old fashioned kinda girl.

None taken, but you know, as a host you could always ask me to not enable it

Ahava, you're a lady?
    Hmmm.
    I was unaware of this. I kinda go by a policy of assuming everyone is a dude unless otherwise informed

• lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    I was going to ask you to not enable it, but then I saw that it was dead. So I don't think I have to now!

TRV:: I am, indeed, female. Though many do not call me a lady. :P

Well, technically it could be up as early as early on next week, in beta state anyway since I'm working on a replacement literally right now, but I'll keep it locked down for this game

• shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    Aww, I'm going to miss the magic box. If only because they removed the functionality in the forums themselves where you could search a thread for all posts by a given person. Best tool ever for finding mafia.

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
    I am still missing secrets from people.

Those who do not submit secrets will be maimed in a horrible manner.

Horrible.

I am still missing secrets from people.

Those who do not submit secrets will be maimed in a horrible manner.

Horrible.

You can always give them increasinly uncomfortable secrets

• CayrusCayrus Consul Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears!Registered User regular
    Are the secrets real or made-up?

Former Secret Service Agent Nathaniel Ford in Call of Cthulhu: Whispers in the Darkness

Henri Emmanuel Gratien St Pierre in Where No Man Has Gone Before

Lord Augustus Cumberbatch in Eclipse Phase
  • MillMill Registered User regular
    I just made one up. Wasn't handy since I wanted to shoot for it being funny, rather it's received as such is another matter.

• AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    RIP sweet magic box

I won't forget your service

• KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    Okay I will totally sign up for this even though I probably shouldn't.

I go by Ivan Fyodorovich. You may also call me Vanya

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    Make that Ivan Fyodorovich Karamazov

WHOOPS

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
    Alegis wrote: »
    RIP sweet magic box

I won't forget your service

It shall return! Stronger, faster, better. We can improve it, we have the technology

• RetabaRetaba A Cultist Registered User regular
    I have sent in my secret! Let no one hear of it ever again.

Have any of you guys listened to the PA D&D podcasts? There was one that was done at PAX like 2-3 years ago, and one of the things was they were trying to find a friend of theirs who had died and they were taking a portal but in order to use it you had to say out loud your darkest secret. This reminds me a bit of that.

• RetabaRetaba A Cultist Registered User regular
    I hope you can forgive me TRV, but I had to share.

• premiumpremium Registered User regular
    I guess I have this entire week off work, so I might as well Sign Up. I am Justin Time.

• ExarchExarch Registered User regular
    !Signup as Quetzulkarmeroc, Lord of Kobolds

No gods or kings, only man.
    LoL: BunyipAristocrat
  • warbanwarban Who the Hoof do you think we are? Registered User regular
    I will be extending signups until tomorrow.

Simply because it's still the weekend for me.

And I want to try and get to at least 50 players.

You guys are making me sad.

ALSO!

I still need secrets from some of you!

As of right now, I am missing 16 secrets!

Secondly, when you sign-up, I will ask that you send me a PM (only one!) with your role’s Deepest Secret in it. These will be collected from every player and then randomly distributed at game start. If you have somehow managed to provide me with a secret identical are so close as to appear identical to another players, you will be asked to resubmit another secret.

I totally missed this. Cool.

ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
    @Spoit
    @KetBra
    @enlightenedbum
    @Cayrus
    @Zandracon
    @premium
    @kime
    @stever777
    @That Dave Fella

I am missing secrets from you all. I have no worries about publicly shaming you in this manner.

Get a move on, game starts tomorrow.

jdarksun wrote: »
    I was going to ask you to not enable it, but then I saw that it was dead. So I don't think I have to now!
    Do you want me not to parse this thread?

I don't know what you mean by parse.

But if you are talking about a program that is similar to the magic Box, I would ask you not to do so during the game. I would like to have it so that this is more like old school. Where to get records, you have to wade through the day.

Like I said, I'm an old fashioned girl.

You are free to do this 'parsing' after the game is over, though. for posterity sake.

• kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    It's the weekenddddd, ahava, hard to do things! Sending a secret now.

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular

But if you are talking about a program that is similar to the magic Box, I would ask you not to do so during the game. I would like to have it so that this is more like old school. Where to get records, you have to wade through the day.

You are free to do this 'parsing' after the game is over, though. for posterity sake.
    I've got something like the Magic Box. I won't add this game to it until the game's over.

Is spreadsheeting OK?

sure, if you want the bad guys to kill you

I've got something like the Magic Box. I won't add this game to it until the game's over.

Is spreadsheeting OK?

sure, if you want the bad guys to kill you

Then you just kill them back harder. For the next few months

Yeah, sorry Phyphor. Last game we killed you off because you had a tool that the village could use to great effect most likely, so you hads ta go

edited July 2012
    Oh I know. I read the proboards. The thing is, if you always kill me when I'm village, then it's obvious when I'm mafia

But hey, I have a target again!

Phyphor on
    Yeah, sorry Phyphor. Last game we killed you off because you had a tool that the village could use to great effect most likely, so you hads ta go
    Who were the other mafias? I'm grudging you guys.

Man up and fight like brave mafias, not wimps.
    This goes out to you infidelkillers out there too

Kaplar, Ani, premium, and sega were the other mafiosos. I accept any grudge you wish to level against me, phyphor. First time I've ever killed you, though! Heh

Because you tattled on the others I'm going to let you go in peace TRV

Not really tattling. The proboards are open now :p

Kaplar, Ani, premium, and sega were the other mafiosos. I accept any grudge you wish to level against me, phyphor. First time I've ever killed you, though! Heh

Not you. Saber made the suggestion

Does that mean I avoid the grudge?

Yup

• LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    KetBra wrote: »
    Make that Ivan Fyodorovich Karamazov

WHOOPS

but we know what his secret is already!