As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Unofficial Forum Stylesheet - Ye Olde Style

• XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    Did they hide the drafts section or did the style sheet? Can't find it either way!

• EsseeEssee The pinkest of hair. Victoria, BCRegistered User regular
    Xeddicus wrote: »
    Did they hide the drafts section or did the style sheet? Can't find it either way!

That would be the the forum itself, not the stylesheet, yep. I'm assuming that section will return shortly. Or not, if there's some sort of master plan behind not having a page where we can delete drafts. (The page actually still exists right now, but there's no way to access it through normal navigation of the forum.)

• ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    One minor nit: it looks like user titles are being cut off instead of wrapping?

• SurikoSuriko AustraliaRegistered User regular
    ASimPerson wrote: »
    One minor nit: it looks like user titles are being cut off instead of wrapping?

Updated, fixed. Titles now wrap rather than having the overflow hidden.

• Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    The edit button text is like dark blue on slightly lighter blue. It's easy to see once you hover over it, however.

Magus` on
  • JobastionJobastion Registered User regular
    Hey @Jobastion I was using a Greasemonkey hack you posted awhile ago to restore full timestamps for posts. Have you updated that by any chance?

Hum... just gonna F5 this thread here and... welp, there go the eyes. Thank you @Suriko for the timely update.
    @ASimPerson Next day off is Thursday, so assuming it's not too difficult, I'll try to update it then.

Recommended reading - Worm (Superhero Genre) & Pact (Modern Fantasy Thriller) |
    Backlog Wars - Sonic Generations | Steam!
    Viewing the forums through rose colored glasses... or Suriko's Ye Old Style and The PostCount/TimeStamp Restoral Device
  • SurikoSuriko AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Magus` wrote: »
    The edit button text is like dark blue on slightly lighter blue. It's easy to see once you hover over it, however.

Huh. Could you screenshot this? I'm not seeing it on my end.

• SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    <3 suriko.

There seems to be a bit of a large offset between the margins of the posts compared to the sigs, which looks a little odd
    offset.png

EDIT: also, another minor thing: if you look at lists of infractions, it alternates blue with white

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    Suriko wrote: »

Mines gray in Chrome: NsyOY.png

Jobastion wrote: »
    Hey @Jobastion I was using a Greasemonkey hack you posted awhile ago to restore full timestamps for posts. Have you updated that by any chance?

Hum... just gonna F5 this thread here and... welp, there go the eyes. Thank you @Suriko for the timely update.
    @ASimPerson Next day off is Thursday, so assuming it's not too difficult, I'll try to update it then.
    Nevermind that @ASimPerson, it's updated now.

Viewing the forums through rose colored glasses... or Suriko's Ye Old Style and The PostCount/TimeStamp Restoral Device
  • DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    This last update made everything perfect for me. Fantastic.

Doesn't seem to be working for me?

• Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular
    Xeddicus wrote: »
    Suriko wrote: »

Mines gray in Chrome: NsyOY.png

Yeah, what this guy is seeing.

• SwashbucklerXXSwashbucklerXX Swashbucklin' Canuck Registered User regular
    THANK YOU for this, Suriko! It makes my foruming life so much better.

Want to find me on a gaming service? I'm SwashbucklerXX everywhere.
  • captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    Not sure if this is a stylesheet or forum problem, but read/unread are harder to tell apart in my bookmarks page. There's no more bar to the left of the thread that indicates 'unread', just bold/not bold.

• ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    edited July 2012
    The minimum height of posts has vanished. This is most obvious when the post itself is very short and the poster has no sig, so that it squashes up to the avatar instead. It's functional, but since the padding above the poster's username is larger than the padding below the Online/Offline bar, it looks a little odd.

I'm trying to enable the reaction avatars again so the functionality of reading who has agreed/awesomed a post is usable, but I'm not sure where would be good to put them... where would be best?

ronya on
    aRkpc.gif
  • übergeekübergeek Sector 2814Registered User regular

Yeah, not working for me either.

camo_sig.png
  • Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    Titles & location are gone now? It's just not the same.

|Ko-Fi Me! ☕😎|NH844lc.png | PSN | chi-logo-only-favicon.png(C.H.I) Ltd. |🏳️⚧️♥️
  • Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    P.S Suriko you rock. I can't imagine browsing the forums without this style. 8->

|Ko-Fi Me! ☕😎|NH844lc.png | PSN | chi-logo-only-favicon.png(C.H.I) Ltd. |🏳️⚧️♥️
  • IcyLiquidIcyLiquid Two Steaks Montreal, QuebecAdministrator, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Arthil wrote: »
    Oh what the FUCK, my god damned EYES. Seriously don't see why we can't have the good ol' shades of blue and orange as the default. Shit, my retina right in the morning.

I've wanted to say this for some time, but people who say things like this are suffering from some kind of debilitating eye disease, or worse - something in the brain unit.

Either you're viewing the forum on a device whose screen is powered by the ACTUAL SUN, or you're exaggerating. If its the former, you're on your own. Use a normal screen, or turn the brightness down a teeny bit from "178 - Furious Optical Rage" to "94 - Pleasing Glow". If its the latter, please stop. You sound like a child.

• StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Zilla360 wrote: »
    Titles & location are gone now? It's just not the same.
    The old prompts for title and location don't seem to do anything. There's a new prompt that works, but it bleeds outside of the title space right now, so keep your title short.

See, I just gave you back your old title.

YL9WnCY.png
    IcyLiquid wrote: »
    Oh what the FUCK, my god damned EYES. Seriously don't see why we can't have the good ol' shades of blue and orange as the default. Shit, my retina right in the morning.

I've wanted to say this for some time, but people who say things like this are suffering from some kind of debilitating eye disease, or worse - something in the brain unit.

Either you're viewing the forum on a device whose screen is powered by the ACTUAL SUN, or you're exaggerating. If its the former, you're on your own. Use a normal screen, or turn the brightness down a teeny bit from "178 - Furious Optical Rage" to "94 - Pleasing Glow". If its the latter, please stop. You sound like a child.

I did personally find the original form of the new forum style to be much more difficult to read for long periods of time than the old style (which Ye Olde Style imitates). I wouldn't say it seriously seared my eyes, but I personally didn't find it comfortable to read at all, and I definitely never have my monitor set to seem like I'm staring into the sun (because that would also give me a headache). I think it had something to do with the contrast, or lack thereof, between the different shades of very light blue used in the design, in my case. Now that I check the current forum style with Stylish off for a moment, it looks like the theme is more grey than I remember it being when things first changed over, and it seems much easier on the eyes in general than before, actually. I assume this may have been a change that actually happened (because I remember reading the discussion about 'light blue' from before) and isn't just me being delusional. So maybe nowadays using Ye Olde is now just a preference thing for me, which would be awesome because then we'd have two really good styles available. I'm just personally very glad I have the OPTION of Ye Olde Style because I do prefer it, and I'm similarly glad that you forum admins have been kind enough to sticky it on the forum so it's easy to find for the people who want/need it.

• BarrakkethBarrakketh Registered User regular
    Essee wrote: »
    Now that I check the current forum style with Stylish off for a moment, it looks like the theme is more grey than I remember it being when things first changed over
    Maybe some of the changes were so gradual I didn't really notice, but the only major change to the color scheme that made a big difference in the overall appearance of the board was how quoted posts are shaded.

The only changes I've made to the default style is that acronyms are decorated (dotted border on the top and bottom) and the reactions (Agree/Awesome/Report/Quote) are always visible.

Rollers are red, chargers are blue....omae wa mou shindeiru
    Barrakketh wrote: »
    Essee wrote: »
    Now that I check the current forum style with Stylish off for a moment, it looks like the theme is more grey than I remember it being when things first changed over
    Maybe some of the changes were so gradual I didn't really notice, but the only major change to the color scheme that made a big difference in the overall appearance of the board was how quoted posts are shaded.

The only changes I've made to the default style is that acronyms are decorated (dotted border on the top and bottom) and the reactions (Agree/Awesome/Report/Quote) are always visible.

Quote handling was one of the major things I remember having issues with when the changeover to Vanilla first happened, so even if that's all that changed, that's enough for me to like the new style a decent amount better. :P Yeah, having the reaction links always visible is one thing I'd like better than the new hover stuff on the default style, personally.

• Shady3011Shady3011 Registered User regular

Thanks, I guess?

Anyway, the only thing I'm noticing is the comments box is running off the box when I'm sending PMs. It's minor and doesn't really bother me but I figured I'd bring attention to it.

• MarshmallowMarshmallow Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    Don't want to be all needy and demand-y but is the dotted underline for acronyms in Ye Olde or am I having personal issues not seeing it?

Edit: Found an old version with some acronym underline code and Frankenstein'd it in. Seems to be working!

Marshmallow on
  • CheesecakeRecipeCheesecakeRecipe "Should not be allowed to post in the Steam Thread" - Isorn Squalor Victoria, Squalor Victoria!Registered User regular
    edited July 2012

It can also be of personal preference - I do not enjoy bright colors and much of my system is tooled to use darker or more muted colors just because I prefer it as such in many things. PA's forum was one of my favorites because, by default, it used a darker color scheme that has since been changed to use a color scheme that you'd see as default on pretty much any other forum out there.

I don't find the brightness enough to cause me great pain in reading the forums, but it is not a scheme I prefer when previously I found the color scheme to be superior and I continue to use it through the use of a third party plugin and Suriko's hard work. Which also fixes a ton of problems I have with the padding and white space usage of the default skin as well as other problems but that's a whole nother can of worms entirely.

I don't recall seeing this question asked/answered before so forgive me if it has, but why does the mobile site use the old color scheme while the regular version uses the blue and white scheme?

CheesecakeRecipe on
    edited July 2012
    acronyms

Marsh's fix for people who want it:
    @namespace url(http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml);

@-moz-document domain("forums.penny-arcade.com") {

/* fix horizontal scroll */
    #Frame {
    overflow:visible !important;
    }
    #Definitions {
    clear:both !important;
    display:block !important;
    }

/* acronym tags */
    .bbcode_acronym {
    border-bottom: 1px dotted white !important;
    cursor: help;
    }
    .bbcode_acronym .bbcode_smiley {
    cursor: auto;
    }

}
    [/spoiler[

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
    I wrote that one, also I added a bit later on to overflow extra-long names, so @skippydumptruck's full name would appear. It appears no longer necessary with the latest Vanilla update, though.

Hmm.
    @namespace url(http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml);

@-moz-document domain("forums.penny-arcade.com") {

/* fix horizontal scroll */
    	#Frame {
    	}
    	#Definitions {
    		clear:both !important;
    		display:block !important;
    	}
    	div.Message {
    	}

/* acronym tags */
    	.bbcode_acronym {
    		cursor: help;
    	}
    	.bbcode_acronym .bbcode_smiley {
    		cursor: auto;
    	}

/* hr tags */
    	hr.bbcode_rule {
    		border-color:white !important;
    		border-width:1px 0 0 0 !important;
    	}

}

aRkpc.gif
    Yeah, it ain't "my" fix, Spoit. All kudos to ronya, obviously.

• Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    hey @Suriko, would it be possible to bring back the little online/offline bar underneath the avatars?

I notice that default has them but ye olde doesn't.

jnij103vqi2i.png
    Did the bbcode for HR tags stop working at some point? I'm sure they used to exist.

[hrule]?

aRkpc.gif
    edited July 2012
    übergeek wrote: »

Yeah, not working for me either.

@ASimPerson and @Ubergeek, if you two could, get the page source, find a copy of "<div class="Meta CommentMeta CommentInfo">" (preferably not the first one in a thread, as it looks a bit different) and just copy and paste in a message to me everything between it and the next /div in the source, and I'll see if it's somehow giving you different html than I'm getting on this end. Dunno why it would, but ... eh.

Also, (and I highly doubt this would be the case, but check it anyway, as I just spent 10 minutes trying to figure out what I "broke" after I uninstalled it and uploaded a new version to see if formatting was an issue) make sure it has a check mark beside it in the Greasemonkey drop down. Using the install option from the page does not enable it by default apparently :/

Jobastion on
    edited July 2012
    I think so, you can still make them by doing a line of dashes.

like that, if it shows up in a quote.

Marshmallow on
    edited July 2012
    I think so, you can still make them by doing a line of dashes.

like that, if it shows up in a quote.

It does. You also only need 4, I believe:
    ----

Edit: nope, it's 5

ASimPerson on
    Inconsequential nitpick:
    themodtagthatisamargin.png

steam_sig.png
    In my take on Ye Olde Style with the previous Vanilla, I actually moved that next to the bottom-right and made it orange like on the old forums.

• SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    I think we're also missing the dashed line that used to be under text and images with acronym tags.

SabreMau on
  • LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    this is incredible

• LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    oh hey Suriko, I might have missed this and you know about it, but jailed people are not showing up correctly. I don't know if that's fixable and it certainly isn't a big deal, they just aren't getting their additional bars across the icon.