As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Prime] The Fifth Annual Triwizard Drinking Tournament [Full!]

• Options
    CaptainTapoleCaptainTapole Awesome in the Possum - Yee-Haw! Northern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    I am 100% sure the scorecards will explain the Horcrux, but I am guessing do a specific spell (drink combo maybe?) to receive that Horcux bonus button? And one per student? I don't know, but they all (including the Houses and the completion button) look super awesome!

The Girl Who Gave Everyone the Shortest Jenga Game Ever.
  • Options
    KellyShepard087KellyShepard087 Myrtle Beach SCRegistered User regular
    wow, those buttons are wicked awesome. How does one go about getting a button?

- Biting's excellent! It's like kissing. Only there's a winner.

Pax Attendee/Enforcer:
    Prime - '11 Attendee, '12 Enforcer, '13 Enforcer
    East - '12 Attendee, '15 Enforcer
  • Options
    DaksaDaksa MesaRegistered User regular
    Great buttons!

• Options
    whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    edited July 2012
    wow, those buttons are wicked awesome. How does one go about getting a button?

You get your house button and scorecard to start off the night. The Horcrux ones I'm guessing have some challenges tied to them.

whypick1 on
    Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
  • Options
    Atlus ParkerAtlus Parker Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    House buttons (and the scorecard) are given to each student for a minimum $1 donation when you check in at your first bar.

The completion button is awarded to each student who completes their scorecard including the bonus challenge of coming in costume.

The Horcrux buttons are a bonus button. Students who earn their completion button are eligible for the bonus challenge. The Horcrux buttons will be random and each will have a specific challenge to earn it.

Next year's bonus challenge will involve the final 3 Horcruxes. Two years from now the bonus challenge will feature the battle against (or with) The Dark Lord and its difficulty will changed based on the number of Horcrux buttons your group has gathered.

Atlus Parker on
  • Options
    The test ticket sales will be closing tonight so I have time to remove them from the system before actual registration opens up. This means you only have a few more hours if you want to double check on whether or not you can register through Eventbrite. I have received zero complaints about the registration process so it's safe to assume that all systems will be go.

• Options
    douglasbouttelldouglasbouttell Glasgow, UKRegistered User regular
    I may as well attend this since I have the Thursday to kill and I dont really have anyone to hang out with.

Douglas Bouttell: Geek, Engineer, Weirdo

PAX East 2013 Status
    Hotel: Waterfront Westin; Flight: Booked; Pass: Purchased; Suitcase: Packed

PAX Prime 2012 Status: Level Complete
    TWDT'12: Hufflepuff OotP
  • Options
    RobogirlRobogirl Local Badass SeattleRegistered User regular
    I did a test reg a bit ago. All systems go!

• Options
    MimoaMimoa Seattle, WARegistered User new member
    I have so many feels for this! Last year I came as a +1, this year I'm bringing my own +1! :D Also, the registration process is super nice.

Attending PAXPrime since 2012,
    Sadly watching from work since 2008
    Other web handles: meemoez/meemoez.lp
  • Options
    MJPMMJPM Registered User regular
    Looks like it's all good for me too. Tested just fine.

paxeast2010dvdsignowout.jpgForumSig2.jpg
  • Options
    lizpiratelizpirate Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    Any update on what time ticket sales will commence on HP's birthday? I'm wondering if I need to get on at midnight PST/EST or if it will start in the morning. I'll be away from the computer most of the day for work, so if I need to plan ahead to have my husband do the registration, I'd like to know. :ar!

• Options
    Scrivener.ErrorScrivener.Error TacomaRegistered User regular
    Just got my 3-day badges in the mail, looking forward to the TWDT.

• Options
    lizpirate wrote: »
    Any update on what time ticket sales will commence on HP's birthday? I'm wondering if I need to get on at midnight PST/EST or if it will start in the morning. I'll be away from the computer most of the day for work, so if I need to plan ahead to have my husband do the registration, I'd like to know. :ar!
    This. I will be working from 10am until 10pm (EST) all day tomorrow.
    Will I be able to still make Hufflepuff house if I can't register until late tomorrow night?

Pax Attendee/Enforcer:
  • Options
    skarsolskarsol Registered User regular
    Hufflepuff is the one that will be open longest, if past years hold true. Now, what the value of "longest" will be, I have no clue.

why are you smelling it?
  • Options
    CaptainTapoleCaptainTapole Awesome in the Possum - Yee-Haw! Northern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    It's usually Slytherin and Ravenblah that fill up relatively quickly followed closely by Gryffinsnore and then finally the Pufflehuffs.

The Girl Who Gave Everyone the Shortest Jenga Game Ever.
  • Options
    beta_angelbeta_angel ColoradoRegistered User regular
    TAPOLE WITH THE BOOYAH!

UEAKCrash wrote:
    BETA IS FUCKING CREDIT TO TEAM.
    EvilBadman wrote:
    Beta_Angel is awesome. Never doubt this.
    TF2 Hatpack
  • Options
    JnevermoreJnevermore Registered User regular
    I'm so looking forward to this year, even though we are still trying to figure out who I drunkly proposed to last year lol

• Options
    I'm dying for these things to go on sale already :( Slytherin DE or bust!

• Options
    redhaloredhalo Also a Professional Alcoholic Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    It's usually Slytherin and Ravenblah that fill up relatively quickly followed closely by Gryffinsnore and then finally the Pufflehuffs.

I seem to recall Slytherin DE specifically filled up almost instantly last year. I'd be curious to see if the fast selling out of PAX tickets affects our die-hard regulars.

I'd shit myself if I don't get a Slytherin DE spot this year.

redhalo on
  • Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited July 2012
    redhalo wrote: »

I seem to recall Slytherin DE specifically filled up almost instantly last year. I'd be curious to see if the fast selling out of PAX tickets affects our die-hard regulars.

I'd shit myself if I don't get a Slytherin DE spot this year.

I think Kris and Scott are going to be a larger impact than the PAX ticket madhouse rush.

zerzhul on
  • Options
    I already know a couple people not able to make it this year due to missing the ticket window. One of which, I think, this will be his first missed crawl between both Pax Prime and East. I don't really see Kris and Scott affecting our regulars so much, but I could be wrong.

All the same, I enjoy bringing new people into the fold almost as much as seeing familiar faces.

• Options
    Jenny_SpaghettiJenny_Spaghetti I am 3 ginger midgets in a trench coat. Calgary, CanadalandRegistered User regular
    edited July 2012
    Edited, since I'm not allowed to have opinions. I should know better by now.

Jenny_Spaghetti on
  • Options
    douglasbouttelldouglasbouttell Glasgow, UKRegistered User regular
    Or, perhaps, you could /not/ sign up and instead leave the space for one of these hundreds of lovely people who are genuinely excited to attend and may have purposely passed up other things for it?
    I may as well attend this since I have the Thursday to kill and I dont really have anyone to hang out with.
    Sure, just thought I would keep my options open though... but ok.

Douglas Bouttell: Geek, Engineer, Weirdo

PAX East 2013 Status
    Hotel: Waterfront Westin; Flight: Booked; Pass: Purchased; Suitcase: Packed

PAX Prime 2012 Status: Level Complete
    TWDT'12: Hufflepuff OotP
  • Options
    There are 400 spots. We usually fit everyone in barring the real latecomers.

And a big part of this event is giving PAX newbies a place to meet other PAXers.

• Options
    edited July 2012
    Or, perhaps, you could /not/ sign up and instead leave the space for one of these hundreds of lovely people who are genuinely excited to attend and may have purposely passed up other things for it?

I have to agree to this. I would be majorly bummed if someone took the last spot in my desired house and wasn't really into being there. There are plenty of other pre pax events going on, too.

Maybe just wait a while/a few days so that the people who are really into it have a chance to sign up?

Edit: ultimately, do whatever you want. No one is gonna beat you up. Well, maybe some of the slytherins...

Robogirl on
  • Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Sure, just thought I would keep my options open though... but ok.

If you want to participate, don't be afraid to sign up! I would only discourage people that would be arriving to the crawl super late, or have to leave super early, and therefore won't really be there the whole time.

I think having nobody to hang out with is a great reason to join the crawl. It's a fantastic way to meet new people and make fast friends. I mean, if you were only thinking about joining to literally hang around, the board gaming get together may be more your speed... but if you want a great night of new people, drinking, and donating to charity, this event is up your alley.

• Options
    ...And a big part of this event is giving PAX newbies a place to meet other PAXers.

This is the first thing I did at my first PAX, coming up with no one, knowing no one. It was a blast, made a lot of friends. A+++ Would do it again.

• Options
    redhalo wrote: »
    ...And a big part of this event is giving PAX newbies a place to meet other PAXers.

This is the first thing I did at my first PAX, coming up with no one, knowing no one. It was a blast, made a lot of friends. A+++ Would do it again.

Same thing happened to me.

• Options
    AltDeleteAltDelete Registered User regular
    @redhalo - I had exactly the same experience! I flew up from Phoenix my first year knowing no one and had an absolutely fantastic time. Newcomers are more than welcome as long as they drink and/or aid others in the pursuit of drinking.

• Options

I don't think that straight up telling someone to not attend because they might be on the fence about the event is considered an opinion.

• Options
    LuckySeanLuckySean Registered User regular
    Hi there, I have heard of this in the past and have yet to attend. I am from Vancouver and just got my pass the other day from someone who wasn't able to attend - it's my first PAX and I am very excited but... onto the tournament.

Since I'm new, what house should I join? I am Canadian and therefore better than most at holding my own with the consumption of tasty treats.

• Options
    LuckySean wrote: »
    Hi there, I have heard of this in the past and have yet to attend. I am from Vancouver and just got my pass the other day from someone who wasn't able to attend - it's my first PAX and I am very excited but... onto the tournament.

Since I'm new, what house should I join? I am Canadian and therefore better than most at holding my own with the consumption of tasty treats.
    As someone who has traveled with two of the four houses (and dueled against the other two), there's definitely a different vibe to each house, and they correspond closely to the books.

Hufflepuffs are friendly and convivial - the friendliest and most approachable of all houses.
    Griffindors are the most lively - full of excited, bold, outgoing people
    Ravenclaws are the most together - just amazingly coordinated and always have something clever in store
    Slitherins are often the coolest - a lot of sharp outfits and charming accents. Their DE contingent was a bit scary, though.

A lot of Canadians flock to Ravenclaw.

• Options
    LexiconGrrlLexiconGrrl Registered User regular

I don't think that straight up telling someone to not attend because they might be on the fence about the event is considered an opinion.

I think that people LOVE this event. And that makes them protective of it, which is OK. Wheaton's law sometimes requires validation.

That said, good points have been made and newcomers are encouraged and welcomed.

We're all clear now; everything has been clarified and validated, yes?

Happily on Sabbatical. Don't bug me.
  • Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    LuckySean wrote: »

As someone who has traveled with two of the four houses (and dueled against the other two), there's definitely a different vibe to each house, and they correspond closely to the books.

Hufflepuffs are friendly and convivial - the friendliest and most approachable of all houses.
    Griffindors are the most lively - full of excited, bold, outgoing people
    Ravenclaws are the most together - just amazingly coordinated and always have something clever in store
    Slitherins are often the coolest - a lot of sharp outfits and charming accents. Their DE contingent was a bit scary, though.

A lot of Canadians flock to Ravenclaw.

If you're going to try for Ravenclaw, haunt the shit out of this thread when signups go live. It fills up super fast.

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    RelativioxRelativiox Halo Nerd Forerunner shield world OnyxRegistered User regular
    Remember, Hufflepuff is the best!

iris_forumsig.gif
  • Options
    Menolly07Menolly07 Registered User regular
    Always remember, Ravenclaw is the very best!

Still PAXing strong. [E] for lyfe. ELand forever.
    twitter.com/Menolly07
  • Options
    LexiconGrrlLexiconGrrl Registered User regular
    Meh, House Atreides is the best.

Happily on Sabbatical. Don't bug me.
  • Options
    MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular

That's not how you spell..... man, I can't think of any House of Westeros i would advocate as good.

Now I'm sad.

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular

The Harkonnens will bury you!

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    Do we know what time today the registration will open?

Pax Attendee/Enforcer:
This discussion has been closed.