As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Prude Victorian Fencing [chat]

• surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    i value you evil multigarious

deal with it

obF2Wuw.png
  • poshnialloposhniallo Registered User regular
    Divorce rates are fine.

It's the marriage rates that are the problem, I guess.

I figure I could take a bear.
  • GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    if aaron divorces me i'll shit in his shoe

crazy cat lady in training?

919UOwT.png
  • Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    _J_ wrote: »
    The divorce rate in general is depressing if you value marriage or lifelong monogamy

The joke is that the divorce rate among gays is depressing because it isn't very high because they can't get married.

My favorite joke about gay marriage is Yar's old argument (except he meant it with earnest sincerity)

Gays and lesbians already have marriage rights, they can marry a member of the opposite sex just like straight people. They just want special rights.

• Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    Since the DNC hasn't happened yet, there's still a chance Kucinich gets the nomination, right?

• _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    The divorce rate in general is depressing if you value marriage or lifelong monogamy

The joke is that the divorce rate among gays is depressing because it isn't very high because they can't get married.

My favorite joke about gay marriage is Yar's old argument (except he meant it with earnest sincerity)

Gays and lesbians already have marriage rights, they can marry a member of the opposite sex just like straight people. They just want special rights.

That is quite funny.

• Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    poshniallo wrote: »
    Divorce rates are fine.

It's the marriage rates that are the problem, I guess.

Yeah, it'd be better if fewer people made commitments that they couldn't keep. The divorce rate would still drop, but people would also be spared the emotional and financial trials of having gotten into an unhappy marriage in the first place.

• Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    I don't like the new ignore function, it no longer minimizes the posts, just greys them out. :P

• mrt144mrt144 King of the Numbernames Registered User regular
    Podly wrote: »
    what's a good brine for pork chops man

2:1 sugar:kosher salt

2:1 sugar to salt

that's what I needed to know to understand the process. I felt like the pork would get into way too much of a groove with the salt from a brine.

The whole point is that the salt sucks out the water and moisture inside the meat and the water and sugar to carry the brine flavor into the meat

You don't need to brine pork chops. Ribs, go for it, pork chops, learn to cook bro.

• Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    Chicken is expensive here. Very expensive. I would eat one chicken breast per meal, which is 8 dollars of chicken. This is like, cheap grocery store chicken.

For the same price I can get a whole pork tenderloin.

edited July 2012
    Chicken is expensive here. Very expensive. I would eat one chicken breast per meal, which is 8 dollars of chicken. This is like, cheap grocery store chicken.

that's bananas girl

Chicken: .79 per pound
    Pork: 2.99 a pound.

mrt144 on
  • VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Meat is cray cray expensive here

• Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    For pork chops you might as well just cook em up normal and make a sauce. No need for special treatment.

For pork chops you might as well just cook em up normal and make a sauce. No need for special treatment.

Seers McQueers. Sauce isn't even necessarily need pork. Salt, pepper. Combine with a good veggie. that's if you like simple pork things.

• durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    mrt144 wrote: »

that's bananas girl

Holy fuck, less than a buck a pound?

Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Captain UltraCaptain Ultra low resolution pictures of birds Registered User regular
    my uncle has a cattle ranch in western nebraska. I don't think its certified organic or anything, but he raises the cattle the same way that his grandparents did. Its not a feedlot, all the cows have plenty of space, no growth hormones... Anyways, my parents always buy half a cow every year and so I usually get a big chunk of meat as well from them. Thus, I don't really have a clear idea on how much beef is supposed to cost.

• durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular

I like this, very simple and quick requires nothing but honey and gives you very tasty pork.

The crackling helps, but isn't necessary really.

Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
    edited July 2012

that's bananas girl

Holy fuck, less than a buck a pound?

This is for whole fryers mind you. My wife and I can butcher a chicken no probs, so we get great fucking value when we buy a whole. We also rotisserie whole chickens and just eat it with home made mayo and Cornichons and that's a delicious cheap meal.

http://www.seriouseats.com/2011/10/the-food-lab-homemade-mayo-in-2-minutes-or-le.html

you're welcome, bee tee dubs.

mrt144 on
    edited July 2012
    The black people who live behind me got a new speaker system for their car.

I know this because they are currently standing outside listening to it.

I think they may be confused about what car stereo system are for.

_J_ on
    The black people who live behind me got a new speaker system for their car.

I know this because they are currently standing outside listening to it.

I think they may be confused about what car stereo system are for.

For annoying whitey. QED.

• PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular

I'm sorry, I didn't know you were competing against @organichu in a fatfuck-off

follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    "Look at me, I have a car stereo system!"

aRkpc.gif
  • PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    itt: [chat] ignores cultural relativism...

9pr1GIh.jpg?1
    ronya wrote: »
    "Look at me, I have a car stereo system!"

Pretty much.

• GreeperGreeper Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    @surrealitycheck 's lovely british accent is mesmerizing, if you're curious.

Greeper on
    itt: [chat] ignores cultural relativism...

How Heideggerian of us.

I'm sorry, I didn't know you were competing against @organichu in a fatfuck-off

organichu has nothing on me. I eat mayo for breakfast.

getting a whole chicken and poaching it is GREAT cheap/healthy way to have chicken ready for salads and sandwiches

also, EM, I've found that cornish hens usually end up on sale, and while they take some prep work, and delicious

9pr1GIh.jpg?1
    getting a whole chicken and poaching it is GREAT cheap/healthy way to have chicken ready for salads and sandwiches

also, EM, I've found that cornish hens usually end up on sale, and while they take some prep work, and delicious

Cornish hens are usually in the frozen section, but man, they are simple shit. I'm the kinda guy that loves bone on meat. Makes me feel like a goddamn animal.

• Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    Since the DNC hasn't happened yet, there's still a chance Kucinich gets the nomination, right?
    No. And a good thing too, that'd be a catastrophe.

edited July 2012
    I'm the kinda guy that loves bone on meat.

How heterosexual of you.

_J_ on

Cornish hens are usually in the frozen section, but man, they are simple shit. I'm the kinda guy that loves bone on meat. Makes me feel like a goddamn animal.

Oh, me too! Especially gnawing on marrow, etc. I just generally don't roast things unless I'm cooking a planned-meal for friends, etc.

Also, I usually serve cornish hens with braised cabbage, so it takes a while.

9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    No. And a good thing too, that'd be a catastrophe.

Divorced from the actual consequences, it's be pretty hilarious.

• DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    my brain is stupid

what are some shows that I should go see. The lady mentioned Electric Zoo and it looked like a lot of pfffft with a few folks I'd like to see but would never pay 300 dollars for. Help me come up with counter suggestions.

all i could come up with was M83. I am so bad at music these days.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
    I'm the kinda guy that loves bone on meat.

How heterosexual of you.

Favorite olympic event: Male gymnastics. Especially if the Koreans are involved.

Oh, me too! Especially gnawing on marrow, etc. I just generally don't roast things unless I'm cooking a planned-meal for friends, etc.

Cabbage is like the cheapest unsung hero of veggies. Love me some roasted cabbage with just some kosher salt and olive oil in the oven.

my brain is stupid

what are some shows that I should go see. The lady mentioned Electric Zoo and it looked like a lot of pfffft with a few folks I'd like to see but would never pay 300 dollars for. Help me come up with counter suggestions.

Live music is overrated.

edited July 2012

Cabbage is like the cheapest unsung hero of veggies. Love me some roasted cabbage with just some kosher salt and olive oil in the oven.

hell yes.

also throw in some pepper rings. if you're feeling hearty and fat dice up a bit of ham in there too. then you've got a meal to keep the cold out of your bones and the warmth of the vodka in your gullet.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
    my brain is stupid

Live music is overrated.

Nah. Not really.

steam_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.