As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PATV] Monday, July 30, 2012 - CheckPoint Season 2, Ep. 13: Square Enix Versus Rumors

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited July 2012 in The Penny Arcade Hub

image[PATV] Monday, July 30, 2012 - CheckPoint Season 2, Ep. 13: Square Enix Versus Rumors

If you're going to make up rumors about FF Versus 13, there's way more hilarious ones than, "It's cancelled."

Read the full story here

Dog on

• Options
    eltonbmeltonbm The Catalão's Pariah! Ceres-GO, BrazilRegistered User new member
    Kojima... But now I'm even more interested in The Line!

• Options
    DinoDino Registered User new member
    back of a volkswagen, classic

• Options
    AdmiralMemoAdmiralMemo Trekkie Extraordinaire Baltimore, Maryland, USARegistered User regular
    Oh Hideo Kojima... Gotta love him... Otherwise, it'd just be annoying.

• Options
    Casey ReeceCasey Reece Registered User regular
    They weren't going to make another Soul Calibur . . . I'm pretty sure they wanted to stop Resident Evil at some . . . no, no, I believe that one was supposed to go on forever, but really? Saying that they weren't going to make another Metal Gear game? Truly? Everyone should have know that that was the equivalent of saying, "We're not going to make the next one on the same schedule as we made the last one. Expect it to take a few months to a year longer as we build a new engine for it."

• Options
    DolindoaDolindoa Registered User new member
    Great Verses XIII so were back to the original question when is coming out

• Options
    KyleGamgeeKyleGamgee Registered User new member
    Finally had to register. I am in love with all of you.

• Options
    JodinsanJodinsan Registered User regular
    After watching this, I am now even more ambivalent about The Line than I ever was!

• Options
    xossoxosso Registered User new member
    SO SICK of checkpoint and PA as a whole fawning over any final fantasy news or game. The last good FF was a long time ago get over it already.

• Options
    LordFizzlebeefLordFizzlebeef Registered User regular
    The reason they fawn over the news, and why I like it when they do, is because they used to be good at making games, but now they have no idea. And the reason we know they don't is because they make comically stupid decisions. Then we send a team of comedians in to report on it.

This is how a "joke" is born.

• Options
    GrahamSGrahamS Registered User regular
    KyleGamgee wrote: »
    Finally had to register. I am in love with all of you.
    Thanks so much!!
    xosso wrote: »
    SO SICK of checkpoint and PA as a whole fawning over any final fantasy news or game. The last good FF was a long time ago get over it already.
    I don't really see how we were "fawning" over anything. There was a FF story, and we reported on it. Wheeeee.

If anything we were making fun of them.

• Options
    GezzerGezzer Registered User regular
    I'm a really big FF fan, well was until the last "on the rails" game they released. But with that said, the only important thing I can take away from this is an Ultima IV remake.
    That game is the single reason I became a gamer. I had it on an Atari 800 (first gen) and while my love of gaming was waning I still felt compelled to finish it. Because of RL, it must of taken me at least three years to finally reach the end. But when I did I can't describe the feelings it invoked in me. When I realized what a thrill it was seeing an investment of time and effort pay off. I was hooked, and the rest as they say was history.
    As long as BW doesn't screw it up. I'll be getting a copy for sure.

• Options
    AncientElderAncientElder Registered User regular
    Already working on a Company of Heros 2 - Historical DADT Manly Cuddle patch.