As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

iOS Games: There's a Zombie on your In-App Purchase.

• Options
    AddaAdda LondonRegistered User regular
    kime wrote: »
    jdarksun wrote: »
    Adda wrote: »
    @jdarksun I've just added pelru so as soon as accepted I will host a game.

I will go for the priest character for our group :)
    I'm ready. If we're going to keep playing our 2P game, I don't have a thief or priestess yet. If not, I'd like to play a mech.

I'd prefer mech or thief. Can you see what others have chosen?

@jdarksun go mech

@kime you go thief

@Louie you go paladin

steam_sig.png
    I want to know more PA people on Twitter.
  • Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    and now outwitters crashes every time I try to open it

awesome

• Options
    BullioBullio Registered User regular
    I don't know if anyone was planning on checking out Armed Heroes, but if you were you might want to reconsider. Touch Arcade is reporting, with confirmation from Runic Games, that the game lifts its assets from Torchlight. Pretty obvious judging by the trailer, in any case.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    GoodOmensGoodOmens Registered User regular
    admanb wrote: »
    Ugh. Summoner Wars crashes on my iPad 1 every time I get a Game Center notification. Don't think I'll end up playing much of that game...

Ah, I was wondering why you disappeared during our game.

steam_sig.png
    IOS Game Center ID: Isotope-X
  • Options
    GoodOmens wrote: »
    Ugh. Summoner Wars crashes on my iPad 1 every time I get a Game Center notification. Don't think I'll end up playing much of that game...

Ah, I was wondering why you disappeared during our game.

In that particular case I didn't realize that the default turn timer was 30 minutes. I was playing from work so that was definitely not happening. :P

I'll keep playing any 1 day games, which I think I started with you.

• Options
    LaCabraLaCabra MelbourneRegistered User regular
    edited July 2012
    Okay, Vroom's been downloaded 41855 times since I made it free. Niiiiiiice.

Feel free to increase that number!

LaCabra on
  • Options
    GoodOmensGoodOmens Registered User regular
    Hi everyone, sorry for the lame "I'm here" post, but I just got myself an IPad. Gamecenter ID is Isotope-X. I've sent out a handful of friend requests and will send more. Currently possess Summoner Wars, Ascension, Nightfall, Le Havre, Hero Academy, Kingdom Rush, Shadow Era and I suppose I have to buy Pocket Heroes now.

steam_sig.png
    IOS Game Center ID: Isotope-X
  • Options
    We should play Le Havre. Especially if we can get a third player.

• Options
    RemingtonRemington Registered User regular
    LaCabra wrote: »
    Okay, Vroom's been downloaded 41855 times since I made it free. Niiiiiiice.

Feel free to increase that number!

And you said putting a link on my webpage wouldn't help!

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Unmm... What happened in our 4-player Pocket Heroes game? It says it's my turn, and when I load it up it tells me we all died and will have to restart.

Did someone kill us all? :(

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    LouieLouie Registered User regular
    Heh. No idea.

camo_sig.png
    Twitter - discolouie PSN - Loupa Steam - Loupa
  • Options
    I forgot to notify you guys, since you all may not be eagerly stalking me and following my every post and bookmarking every thread I post in so you may not have noticed.

@jdarksun @Adda

Why did you kill usssss!? (Maybe probably not)

At least it bugged out and killed us before we beat the tutorial level...

Steam profile
  • Options
    jdarksun wrote: »
    Yeah, it weirdly reset me at the beginning of the tutorial area.

I don't mind starting over or whatever, I really dig this game.

I am enjoying it so far, just that the games I'm in are progressing slowly... may need to start another soon! :P

I maybe am the one that actually "reset" it, then... I saw the screen that said "You all died, click here to restart," and since there was no other option, that's what I did. Still no idea why that actually came up, though.... Again, oh well.

Steam profile
  • Options
    @kime play more! me and jdarksun be rampaging.

I got reset to the start of our game in the 4-player but I only have 4 health. Getting to the inn will not be fun.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    @kime play more! me and jdarksun be rampaging.

I got reset to the start of our game in the 4-player but I only have 4 health. Getting to the inn will not be fun.

Yeah, I think it kept our stats and levels? I now only have 5 HP O_O You all should say something in chat if you haven't yet so that we get the names and classes in an easy-to-spot place.

Made a new game then! @jdarksun and @Adda, gooooo! I picked Mech.

Steam profile
  • Options
    Lets try to keep it in one game, not sure I can maintain a bunch of separate ones :D

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Lets try to keep it in one game, not sure I can maintain a bunch of separate ones :D

Well, I want to play more games :P. The games I've got going now are progressing too slowly :(. If you don't want in the new one, that's fine? But not sure how to delete games.... I guess it doesn't matter, jdark and I can just try to duo it? Maybe you should go priestess, if that's the case, jdarksun? I tank, you heal? (I think she's the best healer?)

Steam profile
  • Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    tazket wrote: »
    eh, new here, i'm from a small developer team in Beijing China. not sure if it's ok to mention my new game here, if not i'll edit it out.
    the game is called Book Boom, a puzzle game in which players sort disordered books and pictures. It's simple and straightforward,
    but i do think you might found it somehow interesting. just got a video online, and you can check it at:
    youtube.com/watch?v=J7uJV1KUD0s
    Maybe you should PM a moderator or Admin, they can help clearing this (or not).

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Posting about an iOS game in an iOS games thread doesn't need to be cleared. It's happened a bunch.

If he wanted to make his own thread or post in a bunch of different threads that would be a different story.

• Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    edited July 2012
    Posting about an iOS game in an iOS games thread doesn't need to be cleared. It's happened a bunch.

If he wanted to make his own thread or post in a bunch of different threads that would be a different story.

Typically by people who have been members longer than 24 hours, with post counts higher than 1.

minor incident on
    Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    ImperfectImperfect Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular

Typically by people who have been members longer than 24 hours, with post counts higher than 1.

• Options
    HyperAquaBlastHyperAquaBlast Registered User regular
    So what happened to the Baulders Gate port?

steam_sig.png
  • Options

A quick Google search shows... absolutely nothing new. Still slated for release "Summer 2012." Which, you know... is kind of happening now. And passing quickly... Hasn't been cancelled or anything, from what I can tell, there's just no update on a more specific release date.

Steam profile
  • Options
    HyperAquaBlastHyperAquaBlast Registered User regular
    Yeah it sounded like a June thing. When they officially announced it it seemed like they were just about ready to go.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    wonderpugwonderpug Registered User regular
    New patch out for Neuroshima Hex with two new teams for purchase

• Options
    Drunk_caterpillarDrunk_caterpillar Registered User regular
    New patch for Cthulhu Saves the World too. Hooray patches! Also, does Walking Dead play like ass for anyone else? The controls are so floaty, and the gameplay is choppy during really critical scenes.

• Options
    wonderpug wrote: »

That game looks interesting... Is it good? $5 is a lot :(

Steam profile
  • Options
    Anyone playing 10000000?

http://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/10000000/id544385071?mt=8

been stuck in it all weekend, game looks like shit but is fun to play.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    protoniumprotonium Registered User regular

A quick Google search shows... absolutely nothing new. Still slated for release "Summer 2012." Which, you know... is kind of happening now. And passing quickly... Hasn't been cancelled or anything, from what I can tell, there's just no update on a more specific release date.

From reddit/Twitter:
    (Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition) will have co-op multiplayer and will work across platforms. iPad can play with Android, Mac and PC. On happy gaming family:-)

I am excite!

• Options
    wonderpugwonderpug Registered User regular

That game looks interesting... Is it good? $5 is a lot :(

It's one of my favorite iOS games and I've probably put in at least 80 hours. So yes, I think it's worth the cost of the game + the costs for all the bonus teams. :) I could've sworn there was a try for free option when it first came out; it does suck to demand $5 up front.

You may want to look into Neuroshima Hex Puzzle as an entry point, which looks like it's only $3. I has puzzle scenarios which are fun in their own right and can teach you everything from the basics to advanced tactics, and give you a better idea of how the game plays than you might get from diving into the game proper.
    Anyone playing 10000000?

Lots of fun. I don't think it will give me as many hours of enjoyment as Dungeon Raid did, but it scratches a similar itch and I've already gotten my money's worth out of my marathon session the night I got it.

• Options
    cpugeek13cpugeek13 Registered User regular

You may want to look into Neuroshima Hex Puzzle as an entry point, which looks like it's only $3. I has puzzle scenarios which are fun in their own right and can teach you everything from the basics to advanced tactics, and give you a better idea of how the game plays than you might get from diving into the game proper.

Neuroshima Hex Puzzle is one of the coolest board game apps on ios. I really wish there were more board game puzzle apps like it on the appstore.

• Options
    cpugeek13cpugeek13 Registered User regular

Neuroshima Hex Puzzle is one of the coolest board game apps on ios. I really wish there were more board game puzzle apps like it on the appstore.

• Options
    JonBobJonBob Registered User regular
    Anyone playing 10000000?

I am. It's amazing. Like the glory days of Dungeon Raid, but with extra progression from run to run that tickles all the right reward centers in my brain.

jswidget.php?username=JonBob&numitems=10&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=right&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1
  • Options
    protonium wrote: »

From reddit/Twitter:
    (Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition) will have co-op multiplayer and will work across platforms. iPad can play with Android, Mac and PC. On happy gaming family:-)

I am excite!

http://toucharcade.com/2012/07/26/new-details-for-baldurs-gate-enhanced-edition-coming-to-ipad-in-september/

Basically:

-3 new characters: 2 with new plots/areas and the third with a Blackguard kit
    -new adventure area The Black Pits (about 6 hours of content)
    -kits, sub-races, and classes from BG2
    -$10 at release: one new character and The Black Pits included, other characters are IAP (probably bringing the cost in line with the PC version)
    -released September 18th for PC and Mac, September for iPad, TBA for Android

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I am aroused.

• Options
    KafkaAUKafkaAU Western AustraliaRegistered User regular
    OMG Baldurs gate on iPad. This gives me hope that eye of the beholder may eventually make it to iphone.

steam_sig.png
    Origin: KafkaAU B-Net: Kafka#1778
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    I'm still skeptical

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    Got an iphone 4S yesterday.
    Recommendations?

• Options
    Rizzi wrote: »
    Got an iphone 4S yesterday.
    Recommendations?

Take it back and wait 1.5 months for the next iPhone? :P

Check the OP, but a lot of the Kairosoft (Game Dev Story people) games and Dungeon Raid are good ones that are iPhone optimized.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    CormacCormac Registered User regular
    Reeder, Tweetbot, Pocket Casts, Chrome Browser, Sparrow, Pocket, Imo Messenger, and Kindle/Nook are my basic must haves.

Sparrow is arguable but I like it a lot regardless of the lack built in push, so I just use the native mail app to notify me of new mail and then open it in Sparrow.

Steam: Gridlynk | PSN: Gridlynk | FFXIV: Jarvellis Mika
This discussion has been closed.