As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Prude Victorian Fencing [chat]

• Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    @Organichu

Let's say I would like to bring a lady friend to a firing range and shoot some guns at things (preferably not each other). Neither of us has ever fired a gun before. Any suggestions for what to do, or what kind of classes to look for?

NRA has a basic pistol shooting course that's cheap and teaches you not to be a dangerous moron.
    If it's just a thing you want to do on a lark, though, I'll bet the nearest gun range can hook you up with rented guns and range time. Mine even has ladie's night.

I went to a local range and shot guns

there was zero oversight

like yep, here's your gun and bullets

no instructions about not pointing at other people or keeping your finger off the trigger etc

Pointing a loaded gun at someone who also has a loaded gun is usually a self-correcting mistake.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    edited July 2012
    Warhammer 40k folks how much would you think is fair to ask for for these orks?

minus.com/lTvsriqIcdA8L

minus.com/ljqc3KVqLWkBf

bloodyroarxx on
  • Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    oh my god I can't stop giggling at this picture snorting out loud in the office

dying

I love you merlkbehrns

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    @Organichu

Let's say I would like to bring a lady friend to a firing range and shoot some guns at things (preferably not each other). Neither of us has ever fired a gun before. Any suggestions for what to do, or what kind of classes to look for?

NRA teaches you to be a dangerous moron.

Couldn't resist : D

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited July 2012
    Nothing pisses me off more then when we as an I.T. Department send out a very basic email addressing an issue, avoiding the use of any technical words or providing unnecessary information. Simply stating "This is a thing, we will be by to see you about it." And we immediately get 30 emails "OMGWTF WHAT DO I DO? DO I NEED TO COME SEE YOU?"

fucking damn it

Ludious on
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    japan wrote: »
    Groundskeeper Willie is Aberdonian.

Enjoy a short documentary

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_guDN7IZ0U

I love Aberdeen

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    @Organichu

NRA has a basic pistol shooting course that's cheap and teaches you not to be a dangerous moron.
    If it's just a thing you want to do on a lark, though, I'll bet the nearest gun range can hook you up with rented guns and range time. Mine even has ladie's night.

I went to a local range and shot guns

there was zero oversight

like yep, here's your gun and bullets

no instructions about not pointing at other people or keeping your finger off the trigger etc

Pointing a loaded gun at someone who also has a loaded gun is usually a self-correcting mistake.

Airsofters tend to be terrible at getting this idea.

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    I'd rather play Airsoft than Paintball. Paintball is messy.

But laser tag is the king of them all because yes, you will play with 7 year old kids.

picking up my teammates and using them as literal human shields is ok, right

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    I'd rather play Airsoft than Paintball. Paintball is messy.

But laser tag is the king of them all because yes, you will play with 7 year old kids.

picking up my teammates and using them as literal human shields is ok, right

as long as they're orphans

oh wait you said HUMAN shield

• Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
  • Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    TL DR wrote: »
    Mommy, how did you and daddy meet?

"Well, dear, it was ladies night at the Constitutional Patriots' Militia firing range, and I had just put a 3" group of .40 cal into a paper representation of Obamacare..."

Love at first iron sight.

• Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    Ludious wrote: »
    Nothing pisses me off more then when we as an I.T. Department send out a very basic email addressing an issue, avoiding the use of any technical words or providing unnecessary information. Simply stating "This is a thing, we will be by to see you about it." And we immediately get 30 emails "OMGWTF WHAT DO I DO? DO I NEED TO COME SEE YOU?"

fucking damn it

Obvious solution: Let technology descend into anarchy

swoop in at the last second to fix everything

be worshiped as a god

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Oh boy, camera isn't nice. The first highlight of Royal Purple blends in a whole lot better when gazed upon with my imperfect meat-eyes.

581001_10151962290860597_1117669460_n.jpg

• Options
    Hakkekage wrote: »

fucking damn it

Obvious solution: Let technology descend into anarchy

swoop in at the last second to fix everything

be worshiped as a god

Girl, please. That what I do anyway.

• Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    Echo wrote: »
    Oh boy, camera isn't nice. The first highlight of Royal Purple blends in a whole lot better when gazed upon with my imperfect meat-eyes.

581001_10151962290860597_1117669460_n.jpg

I like the color overall, but it looks like it has particularly bright boobs.

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    tumblr_m7oa05lyNA1qiyf4wo1_1280.jpg

HE IS CLENAING

• Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular

fucking damn it
    The other great one is when you send out an idiot-proof email with step-by-step, screenshotted instructions, saying "you are going to need to do this shit; save this email." And then every time it comes up, the people involved ask you how to do it.

• Options
    If you typed as fast as Sonic, you'd make a few mistakes too, Winky.

• Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
  • Options
    ffffffucking

flash

bullshit

graaaaaaaaaaaaah

fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    Oh my god yes

I am going to use this picture always

pray_for_japan_by_saraphimwolf-d3biua1.jpg

• Options
    I know, right Elldren, why do they even let Flash have JLU episodes? It's like when they let the daughter on Growing Pains have an episode.

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Thanatos wrote: »

fucking damn it
    The other great one is when you send out an idiot-proof email with step-by-step, screenshotted instructions, saying "you are going to need to do this shit; save this email." And then every time it comes up, the people involved ask you how to do it.

Yep. Both of these things. Every time.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular

fucking damn it

I sent out a warning about viruses a few days ago and I immediately got about 15 phone calls asking if they had a virus.

By the 3rd I was just answering "No you do not have a virus, this was just a precautionary email because of incoming email our spam filter was picking up on" and hanging up.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    I don't mince words anymore. Each of my replies starts with "As I clearly stated in my previous email,"

• Options
    Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    Thank you for the suggestions. There's an NRA range pretty close by and I'll stop by sometime to ask for advice on what kind of courses they have, but I figure doing research ahead of time is always good.
    TL DR wrote: »
    Mommy, how did you and daddy meet?

"Well, dear, it was ladies night at the Constitutional Patriots' Militia firing range, and I had just put a 3" group of .40 cal into a paper representation of Obamacare..."

She's not an American, so if she gets injured shooting Obamacare she'll just be shipped home and they'll patch her up for free with her communist healthcare system. :(

And this isn't a date, just two people shooting the shit (and the targets lol gun pun). I was interested in going and I remembered she brought it up a while back so I asked and she's still interested.

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    There hasn't been a decent, popular sonic game since the mid-90s. How does this aesthetically-challenged religious kid even know about sonic to shit out these comics?

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
  • Options
    fucking

lost shit I was writing

fuck you adobe

fuck you so much

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    There hasn't been a decent, popular sonic game since the mid-90s. How does this aesthetically-challenged religious kid even know about sonic to shit out these comics?

i think there was actually a good sonic game a year or three ago, but i didn't play it. just what i heard.

it had like old and new sonic in alternate universes helping each other out?

• Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular

The horrible cartoon, probably.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    Elldren wrote: »
    fucking

lost shit I was writing

fuck you adobe

fuck you so much

yeah autosave is not a strong point of indesign if you are using it.

i write my stuff in word and then c/p.

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    I don't mince words anymore. Each of my replies starts with "As I clearly stated in my previous email,"

I usually stop caring if people can't be bothered to read. If it's brought up in my reviews I'll let them know that 15+ calls and 5 minutes a call as I try to calm the fucking person down and explain what my email mean means I lost a lot of productivity in the day. Especially if it interrupts my work because two people call the first 10 minutes, then another, so on and so forth, I practically don't get any work done at all that day.

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    tyrannus wrote: »

This is actually a really, really big deal.

• Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    bowen wrote: »

fucking damn it
    I sent out a warning about viruses a few days ago and I immediately got about 15 phone calls asking if they had a virus.

By the 3rd I was just answering "No you do not have a virus, this was just a precautionary email because of incoming email our spam filter was picking up on" and hanging up.
    This is one I never bitch about, because I don't want people clicking "okay" on things they shouldn't be. I'd rather be getting called into offices a few extra times a week for a thirty-second conversation that "no, that's a genuine update," point, than have people click through "okay" to install things they really shouldn't be.

And it's really weird how naturally, like, probably most of the people on this board can spot spam sites and tell malware programs from healthy programs just by looking at them, without even thinking about it.

• Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    I ignore really dumb inquiries by email and I respond politely and quickly to them when they are made in person.

Y'all a bunch of unprofessionals.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    tyrannus wrote: »

Best comment:
    I'm sure your .223 peashooter will defend you against Obama's M1 tanks and F15 strike eagle attack bombers.

• Options

Do you really not know about the massive furry community that has congregated around Sonic?

That shit is self-perpetuating.

This discussion has been closed.