As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Prude Victorian Fencing [chat]

196979899100102»

• VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    tumblr_m7oit2vt7T1rxewzbo1_500.jpg

Holy shit this blog is a gold mine.

• GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    edited July 2012
    The ability of humans to convince themselves of their own moral superiority, despite being completely devoid of any actual moral behavior, is amazing. Infuriating and interesting at the same time.

GnomeTank on
    Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    i need to say checkmate to more people all condescending like

probably right before they are lowered into the vat of acid sharks

• spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    tyrannus wrote: »

It's only the handle basically that was 3-d printed. Most of it is steel, and not 3-d printed.

However, the part they printed is the part that gets registered as a gun. All the rest you can buy as parts with no check whatsoever.

• OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    GnomeTank wrote: »
    The ability of humans to convince themselves of their own moral superiority, despite being completely devoid of an actual moral behavior, is amazing. Infuriating and interesting at the same time.

Cognitive biases drive the world.

• Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    I would be sad if I ended up dripping off my mom's chin, which is why I don't support fellatio.

Anal is really the more moral sodomy choice (if you must engage in sodomy)

There is at least a chance that anal seepage will make it to the fun factory and produce babby

• LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Oh also, I spent last week in an ICND-2 class at a New Horizons with a broken A/C. I was miserable and I realized that I am way too dumb for Cisco Certification because Subnetting is too heavy of a requirement and my math issues means that I can't seem to remember the formula for figuring out subnets beyond 30 seconds. So that was a bummer. I'm getting a voucher for the test that is pretty much going to be wasted on an idiot.

I'd stand against injustice, but I'm kind of busy being a super drunk these days.

• VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Winky wrote: »
    japan wrote: »
    I get a serious Poe's law reaction from that tumblr.

I'm not sure whether it's parody or not.

tumblr_m7h002pzSX1rxewzbo1_1280.jpg

This has to be.

• WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    i need to say checkmate to more people all condescending like

probably right before they are lowered into the vat of acid sharks

Q.E.D.

• Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    I don't think that checkmate blog could possibly be serious for a whole bunch of reasons.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    If you dripped off your mom's chin she's not much of a trooper now is she

You think that opened your legs picture is proof of parody? LOOOOOL. I heard that exact phrase almost word for word countless times growing up.

lud, no one in the public eye would ever say that

http://thinkprogress.org/health/2012/02/16/427233/foster-friess-contraception/?mobile=nc

oh.. shiiiiii

• Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    Checkmateprochoicers is real. Weep.

tumblr_m5ffplOAjJ1rxewzbo1_500.jpg

Well that's easy. Bitches don't take their cunt pills.

• PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    On a conference call with a set of customers chewing out ill prepared programmers (why they expect them to have people skills, I have no idea) knowing my turn is coming up and not being positive I'll do hugely better.

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
    From now on, I'm only going to answer to The Kid, and I'm starting a band so I can battle Morris Day.

i ain't wearin' no gunny sack

• PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    Oh we've reached the poorly concealed annoyed sighs phase

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
    _Users_frpsabbah_Desktop_purple_rain_33533PRPHOTO2_copie.jpg

• Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
  • Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    Look, guys, it's tumblr. It contains variants of the same image over and over. It's technologically proficient and uses smugness as a comedic device. There's a pretty low chance the author is earnest. At absolute worst, it's a moderate pro-lifer trolling.

• DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    tumblr_m7oivy0IgJ1rxewzbo1_500.jpg

• Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    THE SOCIAL SCIENCES ARE NOT REAL SCIENCE

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    tumblr_m5mam12qKT1rxewzbo1_500.jpg

Yup...this probably isn't intentional parody

THESE PEOPLE EXIST

Oh man, there's a lot more content in the actual blog.

Claims retracted.

• skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    why is Black capitalized and white is lowercase?

• EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    Fuzzy and Squall's avatars / general themes are far too similar. One of yall needs to start getting offended by the lack of originality on the part of the other guy.

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
    edited July 2012
    [img][/img]tumblr_m52daotE0Y1rxewzbo1_1280.jpg

Vanguard on

heh

• matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular

Lewis Black is notorious for not wearing a condom.

nibXTE7.png
  • y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    Aw man no one liked my meme related humor

Back to the drawing board

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    edited July 2012
    ...comon NBC

NBC Responds: We Removed The Opening Ceremony Memorial To Terrorism Victims Because The Tribute Wasn’t About America
    NBC Responds: We Removed The Opening Ceremony Memorial To Terrorism Victims Because The Tribute Wasn’t About America

NBC finally responded to overwhelming criticism of its decision to heavily edit coverage of Friday's opening ceremony with an answer that satisfied neither American fans nor Olympic organizers. Claiming "our programming is tailored for our American audience," NBC spokesperson Greg Hughes defended the network's choice to replace the "Abide With Me" memorial performance with a Ryan Seacrest interview of Michael Phelps.
    The segment's choreographer and visionary for the memorial to victims of London's 7/7 attacks reacted angrily at a press conference this weekend, being quoted by Reuters as having said: "Is it not accessible enough? Is it not commercial enough?"

As our friend Louis said over on Gawker this weekend, it's a remarkably tone-deaf response from NBC. It does, however, demonstrate exactly how NBC views the Olympics and how differently it does so compared to the rest of the world's broadcasters.

Everywhere else in the world—including places like China and Saudi Arabia—the Olympics are considered a major international news story, worthy of coverage as such and, thus, live and as uninterrupted as possible. Comparisons include the Royal Wedding (which NBC *did* show live in its entirety) or a natural disaster like a tsunami. Our editor emeritus Will Leitch says the Olympics aren't sports, but reality TV; he's right, only insofar as an American perspective goes, though. We're conditioned to think we should be fed our salad pre-tossed because that's how we've always received it; NBC has taken this liberty we've given them and used it to craft narratives that do not actually exist and to eliminate the ones they'd rather we not see.

What NBC did with the opening ceremony is, then, simply a stand-in for the manipulation they engage in with all their prime-time coverage. What you see at night on NBC's Olympic coverage didn't actually happen, but is instead an NBC-forged simulacrum of what the Olympic day was like. They recreate a sequence of events that never actually happened by using footage of things that actually did. Maybe we're okay with that, but NBC dismissing complaints of anyone who isn't okay with it is not, well, okay.

bloodyroarxx on
  • bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    edited July 2012
    Whoops silly vanilla

bloodyroarxx on
  • descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Chat what are you doing

Put those stupid jpgs down and wash your hands

You have no idea where those specious arguments have been

• JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    @desc make a new chat

@bloodyroarxx is backup.

rRwz9.gif
This discussion has been closed.