As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The Mice Templar! 100% Not Redwall.

BlankspaceBlankspace __BANNED USERS regular
edited July 2007 in Graphic Violence
_albums_j271_Oeming_mouse2.jpg
The Mice Templar is a new bi-monthly ongoing series published by Image Comics. It's written by Mike Oeming(Powers, Thor: Blood Oath, Ares) and Bryan Glass with art by Oeming. Originally planned for August, it has been pushed back to September, but the first issue will be a 64-Page Double-Sized Issue.
Preview of Issue One:
Mice1_1.jpg
Mice1_2_3.jpg
Mice1_4_5.jpg
Mice1_6.jpg
Mice1_7.jpg
Mice1_8.jpg
Mice1_9.jpg
Mice1_10.jpg
Mice1_11.jpg
Mice1_12.jpg
Mice1_13.jpg
Mice1_14.jpg
Mice1_15.jpg
Mice1_16.jpg

Interview with Oeming and Glass on the book.

I for one love Oeming, he writes some of the best fantasy stuff in the business and his art is great, so I'll be picking this up.

SIG.gif
Blankspace on

• BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I will buy anything Oeming draws.

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BigDesBigDes Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    This looks pretty neat.

BigDes on
    steam_sig.png
  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Damn...because Redwall was fantastic.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • BlankspaceBlankspace __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2007
    Until you figured out it was the same book over and over with a different cast and setting.

Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
  • Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Looks good. Like the Secret of Nihm crossed with the middle ages. Could be worth checking out.

Golden Yak on
    H9f4bVe.png
  • LockeColeLockeCole Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Blankspace wrote: »
    Until you figured out it was the same book over and over with a different cast and setting.

So true. Just read the first two or three books and forget the rest are there.

LockeCole on
  • IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Is this at all related to that "Mice Guards" or "Mouse Guard" or whatever book?

Incenjucar on
    edited July 2007
    Nope, just similar premises.

Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
  • SpeedySwafSpeedySwaf Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    LockeCole wrote: »

I did hear they were releasing a graphic novel adaption of the first book in October. It's supposed to be B&W, though.

SpeedySwaf on
  • Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2007
    SpeedySwaf wrote: »

I did hear they were releasing a graphic novel adaption of the first book in October. It's supposed to be B&W, though.

That will be gorgeous. I still have most of my books up in my closet, I think.

Me Too! on
  • Synthetic OrangeSynthetic Orange Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    That spider has an inconsistent number of legs. >_>

Synthetic Orange on
  • Kris_xKKris_xK Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Interesting. I read all the Redwall books when I was younger (and the basically are the same plot), so maybe Ill pick this up. Art looks pretty enough.

Kris_xK on
    calvinhobbessleddingsig2.gif
    edited July 2007
    Wiggin wrote: »

I would like more info on this.

LockeCole on
  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited July 2007

Burr' Aye

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • SpeedySwafSpeedySwaf Registered User regular
    edited July 2007

Burr' Aye

Searched google, found this interview that has some preview pages.

SpeedySwaf on
  • DarkHawkeDarkHawke Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    page88_iy.jpg

God, seeing that page just reminds me of what happens next.

D:

DarkHawke on
    edited July 2007
    DarkHawke wrote: »
    page88_iy.jpg

God, seeing that page just reminds me of what happens next.

D:

You know, now that I think about it, I read those books for the first time in 4th grade... there was some dark shit going on in those books for that age group.

LockeCole on
    edited July 2007
    HEY!

This is the Mice Templar.

100% NOT Redwall.

Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
    edited July 2007
    HEY!

This is the Mice Templar.

100% NOT Redwall.

But I'm more interested in the Redwall comic :rotate:

On topic-ish for Mice Templar, I find the concept interesting, but the art is kind of a turn off for me. Dunno why though.

LockeCole on
  • INeedNoSaltINeedNoSalt with blood on my teeth Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I love that art

I want this

INeedNoSalt on
  • HooraydiationHooraydiation Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    So is this one of those stories about the secret world of animals that could just as easily be about a group of humans from the appropriate time period, or do the characters' habits and practices reflect their species at some points? I'm not talking about exhibiting a cartoonish obsession with cheese, of course, but rather something like displaying the anxieties one may expect to see in one of nature's smaller mammals.

I really don't buy into taking standard fantasy and inserting mice with swords into otherwise generic roles, but if they make better use of their central motif than that then I'll have to check it out.

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
  • The_LightbringerThe_Lightbringer Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Usually they face dangers relevant to their real life predators. Such as snakes or giant spiders in this case, but of course you could easily replace it with dragons and stuff.

I know that in red wall, badgers=really strong, squirrels=woodsmen, birds=savages, rats=scum

The_Lightbringer on
    LuciferSig.jpg