As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[CHAT] [CHAT] [CHAT] [CHAT]

• spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    women smell so nice.

i am smelly cause it is real hot in here.

I have the solution!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tlhMRoNJrs

spool32 on
  • TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    I noticed that I have a couple channels that I think are doing live olympic coverage. Like, I think they were showing actual events before the opening ceremony was shown on nbc proper.

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    @desc that is awesome

also, my co-workers are talking about the food they eat that they will never properly digest

• ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    @elldren, @jacobkosh

Captain Mako week is coming up for CoX. You guys up for some shark related puns and amusements?

No

I don't have time for CoX this week, really

fuck gendered marketing
  • Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    The one part that the writer has correct is that NBC tries to recut footage to create narratives.

They always want to tell you some story to go along with the event. It's the worst thing. Totally unwatchable.

• ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Elldren wrote: »
    @elldren, @jacobkosh

Captain Mako week is coming up for CoX. You guys up for some shark related puns and amusements?

No

It's the 10th through the 18th.

• descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    TehSloth wrote: »
    Eddy wrote: »
    Winky wrote: »
    women smell so nice.

I feel creepy when I suddenly notice that someone smells really nice.

Like, it pops in to my head, and suddenly I have to repress it because I am usually not in a situation where saying that is acceptable.

You can always say, "I really love that perfume/cologne/organic eau de toilette"

yeah, really as long as you avoid "you smell real nice" you're safe.

coworker was walking down the hall recently

random guy from another company in an adjacent room is also walking down the hall

he turns to her and goes, "I can smell you," with a weird grin

yeah

• surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    terible chat

obF2Wuw.png
  • EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    and A MAGAZINE RACK stocked with People and Vogue and stuff. I just spent like fifteen minutes taking a dump, stretching my legs out, and reading People.

I recommend against touching things in bathrooms that are regularly thumbed through.

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
    @elldren, @jacobkosh

No

It's the 10th through the 18th.

I should have time then

fuck gendered marketing
    desc wrote: »
    women smell so nice.

Like, it pops in to my head, and suddenly I have to repress it because I am usually not in a situation where saying that is acceptable.

You can always say, "I really love that perfume/cologne/organic eau de toilette"

random guy from another company in an adjacent room is also walking down the hall

yeah

Maybe he was trying to reference silence of the lambs but only saw the edited version

• Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    and A MAGAZINE RACK stocked with People and Vogue and stuff. I just spent like fifteen minutes taking a dump, stretching my legs out, and reading People.

I recommend against touching things in bathrooms that are regularly thumbed through.

there's a reason i never get sick

• bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Wish I had multiple tvs, I want to watch all 6 channels right now :(

• TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    women smell so nice.

yeah

I can definitely understand that, I mean, I've gotten in elevators with pretty girls who smelled nice and had to work very hard to suppress my inner creep. I hear it's much worse to do that in an elevator.

twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular

doctors recommend licking toilets to get a robust immune system

ftOqU21.png
  • Squirminator2kSquirminator2k they/them North Hollywood, CARegistered User regular
    Cass' post makes me miss the days when I worked for Disney, earning $23 p/h. Mickey Mouse paid me to take some magnificent shits back then.

Jump Leads - a scifi-comedy audiodrama podcast
    The one part that the writer has correct is that NBC tries to recut footage to create narratives.

They always want to tell you some story to go along with the event. It's the worst thing. Totally unwatchable.

There is a real narrative there that they could be using

All of those people worked and trained really hard and are doing their best in a global athletic competition

That is real and compelling and why the fuck they ignore it for bullshit about somebody's aunt something is beyond me

fuck gendered marketing
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    women smell so nice.

yeah

I can definitely understand that, I mean, I've gotten in elevators with pretty girls who smelled nice and had to work very hard to suppress my inner creep. I hear it's much worse to do that in an elevator.

While I do agree that sometimes girls just smell really nice it's not very hard not to go all mental patient creepy

ftOqU21.png

You rub fecal matter deep into your dermal ridges, and then lick in-between where the flavor collects?

• Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    just going to post this again because it was right at thread close

NBC Responds: We Removed The Opening Ceremony Memorial To Terrorism Victims Because The Tribute Wasn’t About America

Non-NBC media outlets are manipulating facts to make NBC seem evil, and America by extension. The actual details of the opening ceremonies are kept in secret ahead of time. Media outlets get a program (the organizing committee is obligated to do this), but the descriptions are often pretty vague. This is how that particular segment was described in the official program: "the struggle between life and death using such powerful images of mortality as dust and the setting sun."

• OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    oh my god that nelly + saturday night fever

oh god

so

perfect

today is a good day

• japanjapan Registered User regular
    I'm actually finding that twitter is often my favourite part of olympic coverage.

It's very humanising.

Sol Lewitt never gets enough credit

you talk mid-century modernism and everyone's like "oh what about Pollock"

Pollock was a fucking expressionist drama queen, give me a fucking break

then you've got LeWitt over there patiently showing you how logic and beauty are holding hands in a meadow

A younger artist wrote him a letter looking for advice and he wrote back to her:

"Dear Eva,

It will be almost a month since you wrote to me and you have possibly forgotten your state of mind (I doubt it though). You seem the same as always, and being you, hate every minute of it. Don’t! Learn to say “Fuck You” to the world once in a while. You have every right to. Just stop thinking, worrying, looking over your shoulder wondering, doubting, fearing, hurting, hoping for some easy way out, struggling, grasping, confusing, itchin, scratching, mumbling, bumbling, grumbling, humbling, stumbling, numbling, rumbling, gambling, tumbling, scumbling, scrambling, hitching, hatching, bitching, moaning, groaning, honing, boning, horse-shitting, hair-splitting, nit-picking, piss-trickling, nose sticking, ass-gouging, eyeball-poking, finger-pointing, alleyway-sneaking, long waiting, small stepping, evil-eyeing, back-scratching, searching, perching, besmirching, grinding, grinding, grinding away at yourself. Stop it and just DO!

From your description, and from what I know of your previous work and you [sic] ability; the work you are doing sounds very good “Drawing-clean-clear but crazy like machines, larger and bolder… real nonsense.” That sounds fine, wonderful – real nonsense. Do more. More nonsensical, more crazy, more machines, more breasts, penises, cunts, whatever – make them abound with nonsense. Try and tickle something inside you, your “weird humor.” You belong in the most secret part of you. Don’t worry about cool, make your own uncool. Make your own, your own world. If you fear, make it work for you – draw & paint your fear and anxiety. And stop worrying about big, deep things such as “to decide on a purpose and way of life, a consistant [sic] approach to even some impossible end or even an imagined end” You must practice being stupid, dumb, unthinking, empty. Then you will be able to DO!

I have much confidence in you and even though you are tormenting yourself, the work you do is very good. Try to do some BAD work – the worst you can think of and see what happens but mainly relax and let everything go to hell – you are not responsible for the world – you are only responsible for your work – so DO IT. And don’t think that your work has to conform to any preconceived form, idea or flavor. It can be anything you want it to be. But if life would be easier for you if you stopped working – then stop. Don’t punish yourself. However, I think that it is so deeply engrained in you that it would be easier to DO!

It seems I do understand your attitude somewhat, anyway, because I go through a similar process every so often. I have an “Agonizing Reappraisal” of my work and change everything as much as possible = and hate everything I’ve done, and try to do something entirely different and better. Maybe that kind of process is necessary to me, pushing me on and on. The feeling that I can do better than that shit I just did. Maybe you need your agony to accomplish what you do. And maybe it goads you on to do better. But it is very painful I know. It would be better if you had the confidence just to do the stuff and not even think about it. Can’t you leave the “world” and “ART” alone and also quit fondling your ego. I know that you (or anyone) can only work so much and the rest of the time you are left with your thoughts. But when you work or before your work you have to empty you [sic] mind and concentrate on what you are doing. After you do something it is done and that’s that. After a while you can see some are better than others but also you can see what direction you are going. I’m sure you know all that. You also must know that you don’t have to justify your work – not even to yourself. Well, you know I admire your work greatly and can’t understand why you are so bothered by it. But you can see the next ones and I can’t. You also must believe in your ability. I think you do. So try the most outrageous things you can – shock yourself. You have at your power the ability to do anything.

I would like to see your work and will have to be content to wait until Aug or Sept. I have seen photos of some of Tom’s new things at Lucy’s. They are impressive – especially the ones with the more rigorous form: the simpler ones. I guess he’ll send some more later on. Let me know how the shows are going and that kind of stuff.

My work had changed since you left and it is much better. I will be having a show May 4 -9 at the Daniels Gallery 17 E 64yh St (where Emmerich was), I wish you could be there. Much love to you both.

Sol"

there is so much good advice for artists in here

Sol LeWitt and Piet Mondrian are modernism to me

• Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular

You rub fecal matter deep into your dermal ridges, and then lick in-between where the flavor collects?

5 second rule bro

women smell so nice.

yeah

Only if it's 4AM and you feel like a cup of joe at the time.

• skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    I watched women's indoor volleyball on my lunchbreak

us vs brazil I think

it was good

Abdhyius wrote: »
    women smell so nice.

yeah

While I do agree that sometimes girls just smell really nice it's not very hard not to go all mental patient creepy

The real problem is the debate you have with yourself where you're like, I could totally say something nice to this person that isn't creepy, and then you're like, yeah, no, I really can't. Definitely gonna come out creepy as hell despite my best intentions.

twitch.tv/tehsloth
    bowen wrote: »
    That makes it easy to notice desc, thanks.

bowen, i'm here for the customer

desc co. doesn't leave you waiting 10 minutes while someone rummages around for the perfect meme to post

no!

high-visibility solutions to your posting problems, when you need them

• japanjapan Registered User regular

NBC Responds: We Removed The Opening Ceremony Memorial To Terrorism Victims Because The Tribute Wasn’t About America

Non-NBC media outlets are manipulating facts to make NBC seem evil, and America by extension. The actual details of the opening ceremonies are kept in secret ahead of time. Media outlets get a program (the organizing committee is obligated to do this), but the descriptions are often pretty vague. This is how that particular segment was described in the official program: "the struggle between life and death using such powerful images of mortality as dust and the setting sun."

They recut a recording for later broadcast. They knew exactly what was in it prior to broadcast.

If they'd been editing over a live feed then that might make sense.

Irrelevant and immaterial

The real outrage is at how NBC treats its olympics coverage

i.e. that they cut any part of the program at all

fuck gendered marketing
  • Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular

did someone actually get paid to write something that pretentious?

spool32 wrote: »
    Only if it's 4AM and you feel like a cup of joe at the time.

good gravy, what a callback

if dnd were a sitcom the nerds would be furiously masturbating to this post right now

• PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    desc, lovely [chat]

I fell in love with him at his big, big retrospective at MoMA

follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
    So question

I was told to come to this office for a meeting which I expected would be two hours tops. It’s now almost four hours. That’s okay because I can invoice the dude and I’m making way more than I thought I would today

But

I kind of want to eat something soon, I had a meal at noon but hrm

Dunno what I should do

Also I got a ride here from the bus station I guess I was kind of expecting a ride back because my boss knows I don’t have transit instructions

Maybe I could wander downtown and find a place to eat and then?????

WHAT DO

• bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular

Whatever show some fucking respect and dont cut away.

• bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    bowen wrote: »
    That makes it easy to notice desc, thanks.

bowen, i'm here for the customer

desc co. doesn't leave you waiting 10 minutes while someone rummages around for the perfect meme to post

no!

high-visibility solutions to your posting problems, when you need them

Good I thought I'd have to cut you.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
    Call a taxi? Google maps some public transit? I am not versed in the transmigrational habits of the Canadian office monkey

• matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    In NBC's defense, interpretive dance is awful. Doubly so as a "memorial".

nibXTE7.png

There is a real narrative there that they could be using

All of those people worked and trained really hard and are doing their best in a global athletic competition

That is real and compelling and why the fuck they ignore it for bullshit about somebody's aunt something is beyond me

Elldren your global world village narrative is interesting but I would like to point out that USA USA USA USA.

USA!

i should probably figure out what this address is.

This discussion has been closed.