As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Phalla]- Game of Secrets-use the other thread!

• psolmspsolms Registered User regular
    Ah yes, naturally. Here come the late stragglers who push this bandwagon forth.

Allow me to say this, in light of the clarification received: Removing me from this game is absolutely not in your best interests. If I can convince you of that without saying much more, it will be all the better.

• InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »
    I didnt think posting the secret in the thread did anything

I have been saying that it voids them.

OrokosPA.png
    The way I understood it, if you post the contents of either the secret you carry or your own secret in the thread, it removes its power. Privately communicating your intent to the host to reveal the secret activates it, but only the first in each category.

• Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Cayrus wrote: »
    I'm still confused about the secrets. If I post the one I received, "I wet the bed" for example, do I also have to identify whose secret it is for it to have an effect (TRV in this example)? Or are we shooting in the dark vis a vis revealing secrets?

Bastard

• CayrusCayrus Consul Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears!Registered User regular
    I know someone just said this, but why wouldn't everyone just post their own secret in the thread, if the only thing it does is voiding them?

Former Secret Service Agent Nathaniel Ford in Call of Cthulhu: Whispers in the Darkness

Henri Emmanuel Gratien St Pierre in Where No Man Has Gone Before

Lord Augustus Cumberbatch in Eclipse Phase
    I know someone just said this, but why wouldn't everyone just post their own secret in the thread, if the only thing it does is voiding them?
    Infidel wrote: »
    So apparently if everyone posts the secret they submitted, they all become void. :rotate:

Good? Bad?

Probably just Ugly.

OrokosPA.png
  • AnialosAnialos Collies are love, Collies are life! Shadowbrook ColliesRegistered User regular

Because then @lonelyahava will kill us all for ruining her game?

• ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    psolms wrote: »
    The way I understood it, if you post the contents of either the secret you carry or your own secret in the thread, it removes its power. Privately communicating your intent to the host to reveal the secret activates it, but only the first in each category.

huh

that is ... weird

Can you only activate (by communicating to the host) the secret you were given or can you also activate the secret you submitted during signups?

Anialos wrote: »

My job is breaking games. :)

OrokosPA.png
  • premiumpremium Registered User regular
    Secrets are only secrets if you keep them.
    Let's all wait and see what they do before we do something dumb like posting them all in the thread.

• CayrusCayrus Consul Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears!Registered User regular

huh

that is ... weird

Can you only activate (by communicating to the host) the secret you were given or can you also activate the secret you submitted during signups?

Maybe I'm reading everything wrong, but why would someone want to activate their own deepest darkest secret?

Former Secret Service Agent Nathaniel Ford in Call of Cthulhu: Whispers in the Darkness

• Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Amongst my people, willingly disobeying the rules or spirit of a contest, game, or wager was punishable by 3 trips to the arena. As a contestant.

Amongst my people, willingly disobeying the rules or spirit of a contest, game, or wager was punishable by 3 trips to the arena. As a contestant.

You'd best send yourself there for dishonoring dear Caesar's memory.

• lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular

huh

that is ... weird

The secret that you hold in your hand is your ticket to effecting the game.

I say, I would also like to see a more detailed analysis of who is voting for myself and the rabble-rouser. If anyone has such information handy, I would appreciate it.

• MegafrostMegafrost Leader of the Decepticons Registered User regular
    Like Jdark's spreadsheet?

Speak of my father again and I will remove your tongue from your mouth myself.

• stever777stever777 AFK most Saturdays Registered User regular
    Retaba wrote: »
    Does anyone see words below my picture? I have stuff there but it is not showing up for me :|

Enter what you want in the first Title area, above More Information.

Hosting Android: Netrunner - Thread 2: The Revenge

The Black Hole of Cygnus X-1
  • PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    Infidel wrote: »

My job is breaking games. :)

I thought that was my job!

• stever777stever777 AFK most Saturdays Registered User regular
    Because then lonelyahava will kill us all for ruining her game?

She's gonna kill us all anyway.

Hosting Android: Netrunner - Thread 2: The Revenge

The Black Hole of Cygnus X-1
  • spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    I'm still confused about the secrets. If I post the one I received, "I wet the bed" for example, do I also have to identify whose secret it is for it to have an effect (TRV in this example)? Or are we shooting in the dark vis a vis revealing secrets?

Basically, publicly revealing the secret you hold hurts the village, because it robs you of whatever power the secret has to help us eliminate mafia members.

• RetabaRetaba A Cultist Registered User regular
    stever777 wrote: »
    Retaba wrote: »
    Does anyone see words below my picture? I have stuff there but it is not showing up for me :|

Enter what you want in the first Title area, above More Information.

Thanks!

• TrueNeverbornTrueNeverborn Registered User regular
    Ah yes, naturally. Here come the late stragglers who push this bandwagon forth.

Allow me to say this, in light of the clarification received: Removing me from this game is absolutely not in your best interests. If I can convince you of that without saying much more, it will be all the better.

Spoken like a true mafia sir. ^_~ By the way, Rabble Rabble Rabble. Secrets seem pretty straight forward-ish. I would, however like to know if the secrets hold power AFTER the person who is linked to it is either voted off, or is removed via mafia/other methods

So if you love games and I love games... Why are we not playing... **sees the forum** OOOOHHHH Yeh!
    TrueNeverBorn_sm.jpg
  • lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    The secrets are not particularly linked to anybody but he who is holding them.

• EgosEgos Registered User regular
    ahava has just blown minds

• REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington The Exploding ManRegistered User regular
    I concur with the not putting them all in thread/invalidating our ability to do anything.

• warbanwarban Who the Hoof do you think we are? Registered User regular
    Next time on game of secrects. The mafia reveal their secrects publicly making them void for those who hold them. Meanwhile smart villagers rush to play their secrects directly after vote close to be first for the next day in an attempt to activate their card.

ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!

Speak of my father again and I will remove your tongue from your mouth myself.

You good sir are the one dishonoring our uncle's memory. You gather imperial titles and pomp and circumstance around yourself like flies around manure, whilst dear Caesar thrice rejected the diadem.

You intended to destroy the Republic, I intend to save it.

warban wrote: »
    Next time on game of secrects. The mafia reveal their secrects publicly making them void for those who hold them. Meanwhile smart villagers rush to play their secrects directly after vote close to be first for the next day in an attempt to activate their card.

Sorry, I'm not staying up till midnight, so I guess I can say the secret I hold without any worry!

If you say in public it'll be nullified. Don't do that!

• GreenbaronsGreenbarons CanadaRegistered User regular
    Or you save your secret so that once the game gets down to the wire you are one of the people left with a power. I defiantly don't think you should by default play your secret as quick as possible, especially when we aren't really sure what they do.

It is already too late gentlemen, the secret I hold was released. Now try to find it.

I shall assume it is in Psolms petticoat. Everything dubious ends up there.

So if you love games and I love games... Why are we not playing... **sees the forum** OOOOHHHH Yeh!
    TrueNeverBorn_sm.jpg
    Oh, and for those of you just coming back from commercial I'm driven a Wagon over Psolms. The Reasoning: long names and lots of titles are signs of the "debil"

TrueNeverBorn_sm.jpg
    !Langly gets my vote then since it may very well be intentional.
    warban wrote: »

Mafia would know if a villager holds their secret or not and could just invalidate them.

Better vote than on the crimes of having a long name or playing phalla after a long hiatus.

OrokosPA.png
  • vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    But will we know for sure what happens if we don't have a sacrificial volunteer?

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
    @Infidel: Finally someone gets it. Come back after a long vacation, and just want to have some fun for the first game back. Voting against long names seems more of a reason then any Day 1 Wagon I've been in or been subject of. ^_~ Two points Infidel

TrueNeverBorn_sm.jpg
    edited July 2012
    @infidel I don't follow your Langly vote. Did he reveal a secret?

spool32 on
  • tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks OaklandRegistered User regular
    Langly then, because at the moment I want neither of the two bandwagonees to die, and Langly is evil 9 times out of 10 anyway.

spool32 wrote: »
    @infidel I don't follow your Langly vote. Did he reveal a secret?

Langly revealed the secret I hold, which makes it entirely useless now to no effect. Host-confirmed via PM.

Soooooo, it is either a mafia lynching, or a pre-grudging. :) LETS FIND OUT.

OrokosPA.png