As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Phalla]- Game of Secrets-use the other thread!

• vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    But will we know for sure what happens if we don't have a sacrificial volunteer?

Meet

Infidel wrote: »
    spool32 wrote: »
    @infidel I don't follow your Langly vote. Did he reveal a secret?

Langly revealed the secret I hold, which makes it entirely useless now to no effect. Host-confirmed via PM.

Soooooo, it is either a mafia lynching, or a pre-grudging. :) LETS FIND OUT.

I guess Langley voluntold Infidel.

Muhahahahahahahahahahahahah.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    [Langly. No extra E. Scum like him doesn't deserve an extra vowel.

• psolmspsolms Registered User regular
    Righto. I'll gladly switch to Langly. Mr. Never Born, mind doing the same?

• premiumpremium Registered User regular
    I missed where Langly revealed that, but it's better than the two current pointless bandwagons.

• TrueNeverbornTrueNeverborn Registered User regular
    **sigh** We shall discuss this all over tea sir... After we lynch Langly

So if you love games and I love games... Why are we not playing... **sees the forum** OOOOHHHH Yeh!
    TrueNeverBorn_sm.jpg
  • psolmspsolms Registered User regular
    I did go back and check Langly's posts. I assume that Mr. Infidel's secret was one about something called a "Wu Tang Clan".

• GreenbaronsGreenbarons CanadaRegistered User regular
    Mind telling us where the secret was infidel since it was revealed and all that and Langly thats just not coo depowering the village is not being helpful.

• InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    FYI, post in question!
    Langly wrote: »
    kill all langlys

I will never reveal the Wu Tang Secret.

OrokosPA.png
  • RetabaRetaba A Cultist Registered User regular
    I'm guessing the Wu Tang Secret? I didn't notice anything else that could seem like it but I had a busy day at work soooo

Langly!!!

Also, I spent the last few minutes highlighting everyone's posts to see if anyone posted a secret in white, but then I realized some people use the old blue add on and it would appear that way so that was pointless, the point being I am watching youuu!

Although, it would kind of seem silly for mafia to do that, it is very easy to track back to them.

Yeah, he only has two posts today: the Psolms vote and the "Wu Tang Secret".
    I'm not sure what's the secret there. It's a partial secret. Unless the secret is that Infidel is a member of the Wu Tang Clan or something.

• KilnagaKilnaga Registered User regular
    I'm more curious as to which the the four categories it would fall into.

"The psychedelic mind is a higher dimensional mind, it is not fit for three dimensional space time."
    - Terence McKenna
  • spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    This reminds me of the Belmont spaaaaaaaaaace phalla when somebody moved to the bridge despite warnings that doing so constituted mutiny. Following through on that helped set the stage for a village win.

!langly for depowering the village.

• EgosEgos Registered User regular
    Kilnaga wrote: »
    I'm more curious as to which the the four categories it would fall into.

if it's just as simple as "You are a member of the Wu tang Clan". I imagine gossip.

Oh man, it doesn't even have to be completely accurate for it depower the secret? :|

No.

That is verbatim my "secret."

Yeah...

OrokosPA.png
    Retaba wrote: »
    Oh man, it doesn't even have to be completely accurate for it depower the secret? :|

Or the secret is literally "I will never reveal the Wu Tang Secret."which is just silly, but possible.

Ah ok. Whew.

If Langley doesn't show up mafia/etc, then...

Infidel is still telling the truth and Langley is just a jerkface. He's de-powered and less of a threat to the mafia presumably.
    OR
    Infidel is lying and mafia.

Point being that this doesn't confirm or dis-firm Infidel in any way unless we get a red shirt.

• warbanwarban Who the Hoof do you think we are? Registered User regular
    Village side objective day 2: You must remove the person who holds your secret from the game.

ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
    Warban holds my secrets. All of them!

Infidel is still telling the truth and Langley is just a jerkface. He's de-powered and less of a threat to the mafia presumably.
    OR

Point being that this doesn't confirm or dis-firm Infidel in any way unless we get a red shirt.

I am all the SKs.

OrokosPA.png
  • warbanwarban Who the Hoof do you think we are? Registered User regular
    The real secret was not your secret. It was who held your secret. No John, YOU ARE THE DEMONS.

ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
  • EgosEgos Registered User regular
    eh Langly

it seems a bit odd that one would be able to invalidate secrets you wrote up from a design perspective, but I haven't seen the full design. So meh. Still jerky.

• spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Infidel wrote: »

OR

I am all the SKs.

Wu Tang clan ain't nuttin to fuck with.

• ZandraconZandracon Registered User regular
    I can show you the secrets.

You should look for the clues. The secrets are so very fun~

• Orange SodaOrange Soda Registered User regular
    Langly

The enemies gate is down!
    That isn't a secret... Everyone with an ounce of Game Theory knows that!

• LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    oh uh, I wrote that secret and then forgot, and said it as a joke?

I have no idea what's going on in this game

I'm a villager whatevs

• romanqwertyromanqwerty Registered User regular
    Cayrus wrote: »
    Cayrus wrote: »
    Amongst my people, willingly disobeying the rules or spirit of a contest, game, or wager was punishable by 3 trips to the arena. As a contestant.

You'd best send yourself there for dishonoring dear Caesar's memory.

Speak of my father again and I will remove your tongue from your mouth myself.

You good sir are the one dishonoring our uncle's memory. You gather imperial titles and pomp and circumstance around yourself like flies around manure, whilst dear Caesar thrice rejected the diadem.

You intended to destroy the Republic, I intend to save it.

I care not for this langly business. However I think that i'm in the most qualified position to judge who is the greater roman. Let the games commence...

edited July 2012
    I'd be more interested in how two dudes were straight up tied and then suddenly I got a million votes over something that I don't think is very evil?

You guys are going to have to spend a couple days now feeling like you've got to look at the tie that existed before me if you vote me out tonight.

Langly on
  • MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    Well, I'm caught up so here's my current spreadsheet.

Current Spreadsheet (up to post 622)

My initial thought about secrets was that they would be used in an Assassins-type scheme, but that seems to not be the case. Not really sure what to make of the mechanic at this point.

4463rwiq7r47.png
    Actually, I'm going to look the closest at the 5 or 6 people that RE-TIED the bandwagon several times in the course of the voting today. Game Theory dictates it.

Ties are not automatically interesting.

OrokosPA.png
  • enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    Langly

Your grammar is awful. Even I, a speaker of (Castillan) Spanish, know that.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • ZandraconZandracon Registered User regular
    Anialos is in the sights

I think its usually in the village's best interest to wait at least one narration before doing anything hasty like firing blinding with mechanics we don't understand yet.

Like the shark game? I wasn't about to attack someone randomly until we knew more about how attacks/evolution works.

Why would it be a smart idea to WASTE THE ONLY POWER YOU HAVE, WITHOUT KNOWING WHAT IT DOES...

Actually, I'm going to look the closest at the 5 or 6 people that RE-TIED the bandwagon several times in the course of the voting today. Game Theory dictates it.

I tied the vote twice, once by voting for one of them and once by voting for someone else.

• Smoove OperatorSmoove Operator Registered User regular
    I think its usually in the village's best interest to wait at least one narration before doing anything hasty like firing blinding with mechanics we don't understand yet.

Like the shark game? I wasn't about to attack someone randomly until we knew more about how attacks/evolution works.

Why would it be a smart idea to WASTE THE ONLY POWER YOU HAVE, WITHOUT KNOWING WHAT IT DOES...

Because if no one does it, we'll never know what it does.

Honesty, Integrity, Handshakefulness

HoTS: Schmutz#1686
    Langly

Your grammar is awful. Even I, a speaker of (Castillan) Spanish, know that.

I'm a General and a Tactician, but Sir, I am no English teacher. In the field we would reprimand a Soldier like yourself for that kind of insubordination!