As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

I've [CHAT] you for a thousand years, a thousand years

• Options
    NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and Stuff Registered User regular
    Girls is weird mang
    FANTOMAS wrote: »
    Hot dogs are like eating a burger with bacon and an egg--you're getting a little bit of all of your favorite animals at once.

Well, I think squirrels are pretty cute, you think a stadium hotdog would include that ?

Only in Chicago.

That poor Rally Squirrel :(

Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    thats why you have chest helmets
  • Options
    GrifterGrifter BermudaModerator mod
    Looks like Peter Jackson has announced that there are going to be three Hobbit films now.

• Options
    edited July 2012
    Grifter wrote: »
    Looks like Peter Jackson has announced that there are going to be three Hobbit films now.

Is he just going to play all the 48fps at half speed to make his 48fps filming worthwhile?

Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/

• Options
    SiegfriedSiegfried Registered User regular
    Speaking of cows, looks like somebody's milking a certain cash-cow franchise.

Portfolio // Twitter // Behance // Tumblr
    Kochikens wrote:
    My fav is when I can get my kiss on with other dudes.
  • Options
    Siegfried wrote: »
    Speaking of cows, looks like somebody's milking a certain cash-cow franchise.

Well... it isn't like his other efforts have set fire to the box office.

• Options
    If he does as good a job as he did with the LotR trilogy then I'm quite happy to watch as many Tolkien films as he cares to make.

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Is that true? I don't know how you'd stretch the hobbit to three films. MAYBE two.
    but regardless, when it comes to tolkien I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

• Options
    DMACDMAC Come at me, bro! Moderator mod
    Yeah, they've confirmed that it's going to be a trilogy... somehow.

That means that there's going to be a movie for roughly every 100 pages of the book.

It's Peter Jackson and I hope that he's going to treat the material with respect but I'm kind of getting the impression that we're going to be spending a lot of time on the other things that were supposed to be going on around the same time as the events of the Hobbit. Could be good or it could feel like filler.

• Options
    MolybdenumMolybdenum Registered User regular
    I am now fervently interested in not seeing all three of them!

I'm mostly in the naturalist camp of animal-chewing-on. Meat-eating is a thing humans do, and have always done, and will likely always do. If you have ideological reasons for not doing so, I'm not going to naysay that unless you naysay me. I might even admire your dedication to a specific, largely symbolic restraint, but the second you start tossing "meat is murder" around in public you lose a lot of respect from me.

Steam: Cilantr0
    3DS: 0447-9966-6178
  • Options
    TamTam Registered User regular
    squidbunny wrote: »
    Manning up was where the environment went wrong, really. *rimshot*

I enjoyed this Squiddo
    I enjoyed it a lot

• Options
    ScosglenScosglen Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    I too wondered how The Hobbit could be made into 3 films when it weighs in at about 250 pages, when the LoTR trilogy's books were ~500 each and the films had to cut a lot of things.

But then
    We know how much of the story of Bilbo Baggins, the Wizard Gandalf, the Dwarves of Erebor, the rise of the Necromancer, and the Battle of Dol Guldur will remain untold if we do not take this chance. The richness of the story of The Hobbit, as well as some of the related material in the appendices of The Lord of the Rings, allows us to tell the full story of the adventures of Bilbo Baggins and the part he played in the sometimes dangerous, but at all times exciting, history of Middle-earth.

So it sounds like they're gonna do a bit less "fast fowarding" than LoTR, and pulling stuff from the other books that contribute to informing Middle-Earth at the time of The Hobbit that was not necessarily written explicitly within "There and Back Again". Which is fine by me, because I sure as hell never read that stuff.

Scosglen on
  • Options
    brokecrackerbrokecracker Registered User regular
    Speaking of baseball: good 'ol Redlegs on a 10-game streak

@Siegfried look what I got!

• Options
    FlayFlay Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    Coming soon, Silmarillion: The Movie

Flay on
  • Options
    FugitiveFugitive Registered User regular
    Molybdenum wrote: »

I'm mostly in the naturalist camp of animal-chewing-on. Meat-eating is a thing humans do, and have always done, and will likely always do. If you have ideological reasons for not doing so, I'm not going to naysay that unless you naysay me. I might even admire your dedication to a specific, largely symbolic restraint, but the second you start tossing "meat is murder" around in public you lose a lot of respect from me.

We do eat a shitload of meat though. Way more than we, as a species, have ever needed to.

Really, nobody ever needs to eat a steak. Ever. You pretty much can't order a steak as small as the size of steak your body actually needs.

• Options
    Fugitive wrote: »

We do eat a shitload of meat though. Way more than we, as a species, have ever needed to.

Really, nobody ever needs to eat a steak. Ever. You pretty much can't order a steak as small as the size of steak your body actually needs.

Largely true, although in a world of non-fortified foods and no preservatives red meat served a lot of needs that we don't now have. I certainly agree that human diet is way meat-heavy in first-world countries.

• Options
    WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    I'm driving cross country starting wednesday. A little daunting!

Should be fine though, I've done plenty of long distance driving, but this is going to span 7-9 days as we will be making various stops for family etc as we go from Rhode Island to Southern Cali... so its still an order of magnitude larger than any drive I've done before.

Wassermelone on
  • Options
    rtsrts Registered User regular
    Oh man, did you get a job out here?

• Options
    hooo boy. Well, at least the Rhode Island part won't be hard. I'm thirty seconds from the Mass. border right now and I can be in Connecticut in under an hour.

• Options
    PROXPROX Registered User regular
    where you headed wasser? in my neck of the woods?

• Options
    rts wrote: »

Yeah! At Carbine with NCSoft.
    PROX wrote: »
    where you headed wasser? in my neck of the woods?

Yup! Like 15 minutes south of Irvine in Aliso Viejo.

• Options
    Angel_of_BaconAngel_of_Bacon Moderator mod
    DMAC wrote: »
    Yeah, they've confirmed that it's going to be a trilogy... somehow.

That means that there's going to be a movie for roughly every 100 pages of the book.

It's Peter Jackson and I hope that he's going to treat the material with respect but I'm kind of getting the impression that we're going to be spending a lot of time on the other things that were supposed to be going on around the same time as the events of the Hobbit. Could be good or it could feel like filler.

The last movie is going to be a musical featuring all the songs from the LOTR books that he had to cut out of the screenplay.

• Options
    ScosglenScosglen Registered User regular
    rts wrote: »

Yeah! At Carbine with NCSoft.

Wildstar huh? Or something secret?

• Options
  • Options
    SiegfriedSiegfried Registered User regular
    Speaking of baseball: good 'ol Redlegs on a 10-game streak

@Siegfried look what I got!

Yah boyeeeee

Portfolio // Twitter // Behance // Tumblr
    Kochikens wrote:
    My fav is when I can get my kiss on with other dudes.
  • Options
    hooray. you're gonna love so cal. be careful on the freeways. ALWAYS BE ALERT FOR SUDDEN STOPS.

Let's do lunch.

• Options
    rtsrts Registered User regular
    I would like to get in on this lunch. I don't drive up to LA very often anymore but I do pass through Aliso Viejo when I do because I am lazy and take the toll road to avoid traffic.

• Options
    Should be getting there around 8th to the 10th, and I start the 13th. Probably be looking for a place for a while, but then yeah lunch sounds great

• Options
    do you have a family?

• Options
    Yeah, I'm married and have an adorable dog

• Options
    hmmm. dag.

• Options
    gotta be out of my apartment in 4 hours.

i'm so happy to leave but this is not fun :/

• Options
    Flay wrote: »
    Coming soon, Silmarillion: The Movie

That would quite possibly be the most incredibly boring film of all time. Reading through that book was incredibly painful.

• Options
    GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    Fugitive wrote: »

Nah

• Options
    NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    I'm here to confirm that his dog is indeed adorable. Hella adorable, even.

• Options
    NibCromNibCrom Registered User regular
    There is no such thing as a steak too large.

• Options
    NibCrom wrote: »
    There is no such thing as a steak too large.

I once ate a 32 oz steak.

It was delicious. But also a mistake.

(to be fair it was cowboy cut, but thats still huge)

• Options
    NibCromNibCrom Registered User regular
    That… is a big steak.

• Options
    MagicToasterMagicToaster JapanRegistered User regular
    I like Long Horn's steak. I don't like my boss antagonizing all my co-workers. God, why won't she quit?

• Options
    AvrahamAvraham Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    I'm skeptical even of the split into two movies. The Hobbit is really just Bilbo's story and everything else is background. It's very unlike LotR.

Avraham on
    :bz: :bz: :bzz:
  • Options
    NibCrom wrote: »
    That… is a big steak.

I also had with it:
    - Two large pieces of complimentary bread
    - Two giant empanadas
    - The entire side of sweet potato fries
    - A molten lava cake

It was my birthday and probably my most gluttonous moment. I... did not have much fun later.

I feel like now people will have the wrong picture of me :P
    I don't usually eat like that.

This discussion has been closed.