As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Phalla]- Game of Secrets-use the other thread!

• warbanwarban Who the Hoof do you think we are? Registered User regular
    I am willing to bet that Quirk is going be a one time guard.

ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
  • stever777stever777 AFK most Saturdays Registered User regular
    Consider my vote a very loose placeholder.

Hosting Android: Netrunner - Thread 2: The Revenge

The Black Hole of Cygnus X-1
  • AnialosAnialos Collies are love, Collies are life! Shadowbrook ColliesRegistered User regular
    Oh, I thought the Infidel vote was because if Kime isn't evil, Infidel most assuredly is!

• psolmspsolms Registered User regular
    Hear hear. Lets all vote for Infidel. His calling out of a suspicious maneuver by a villager is such an evil thing to do. Because of his meddling, we had a possible solid target instead of a purely random first day.

Hang him! Hang him now!

Yes, this is the dry wit you've heard so much about.

• InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    stever777 wrote: »
    Consider my mind a very loose placeholder.

:D

OrokosPA.png
  • ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    edited July 2012
    Infidel wrote: »
    stever777 wrote: »
    Leading a BW on a villager.

So every day 1 ever when a mafia isn't lynched?

Of course not.

But it is very odd for a day one when there is tie and the vote moves so suddenly away from the conflict on to another player.

Since we know kime is village. Shouldn't we all tell him our secret so he can coordinate the uses of it?

Will telling another player my secret in PMs invalidate it?

ObiFett on
  • spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Punishing secret wastage is the only way we'll avoid pissing away all the power in a rush. If spaaaaaaace phalla taught us anything, that was it. Easy on the trigger finger!

Oh, also don't Bedlam the village. Another important lesson!

Now, bed for me. I"'ll vote in the morning, since late night silliness got me killed in EVO. :p

• lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »

No.

• LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    i totally didn't understand this game mechanic at all.

okay, then. we've all got one-shot powers, but if two people use the same category on the same night, it's no good.

• EgosEgos Registered User regular

Anialos wrote: »
    Oh, I thought the Infidel vote was because if Kime isn't evil, Infidel most assuredly is!

If only phalla worked this way.

• LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    lonelyahava.

• MillMill Registered User regular
    So I'm thinking personality quirk is probably a role block and secret agenda is likely a guard. I'm just hoping the mafia didn't get any criminal act secrets because that's going to make them obnoxious when we get down to the wire. Gossip could also be an issue if it reveals special abilities in attention to alignment. The other two can be annoying as well but I'm less worried about them.

The good news is if a secret is used, we know he activated it and if it proves rather bone headed we'll have an easy vote target.

For now I'm going to go with Infidel because the whole bandwagon change seems really suspicious.

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    we literally know exactly why the bandwagon switched though

liEt3nH.png
  • ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »

No.

Ok. Then everyone needs to tell kime their secret.

I can't believe I just typed that.

like here:

-everyone has a secret of another player
    -secrets are powers
    -secrets lose their power if they are revealed in thread (they are no longer secret)
    -langly revealed the secret infidel had
    -infidel lost his power
    -infidel voted for langly as a result

regardless of the fact that langly was likely not just paying attention or didn't understand the game (because i sure as fuck didn't until reading the latest narration) he took an action that directly harmed the village and was voted out for it

liEt3nH.png
    Furthermore, as we have now received confirmation that kime is village AND there are no thralls or millers every single person should inform kime of the secret they hold. It will then be kime's responsibility to determine who uses their secret that day. This means that (unless they are the ones kime tells to use a secret) the mafia will lose the ability to use their secrets for their intended powers, and will only be able to use them to cancel out the playing of a village secret.

liEt3nH.png
  • The EnderThe Ender Registered User regular
    Furthermore, as we have now received confirmation that kime is village AND there are no thralls or millers every single person should inform kime of the secret they hold. It will then be kime's responsibility to determine who uses their secret that day. This means that (unless they are the ones kime tells to use a secret) the mafia will lose the ability to use their secrets for their intended powers, and will only be able to use them to cancel out the playing of a village secret.

What could possibly go wrong?

With Love and Courage
  • The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    Oh my. kime is network head again?

We are doooooooomed.

• ZandraconZandracon Registered User regular
    i can be network head! :rotate:

• The EnderThe Ender Registered User regular
    Zandracon wrote: »
    i can be network head! :rotate:

Thus solving the problem once and for all!

Can I be vice network head?

With Love and Courage
  • EgosEgos Registered User regular
    Can I be G. Gordon Liddy?

• RetabaRetaba A Cultist Registered User regular
    Ahahaha the secret I wrote was revealed! Mill got mine.

• TrueNeverbornTrueNeverborn Registered User regular
    All hail Kime, our grandmaster! I agree with the whole Telling him what our secret is. Only thing I am thinking is what if the public Seer is in truth a Reverse seering? It is GOSSIP after all. For safety sake, just gunna keep my secret to myself and not use it.

So if you love games and I love games... Why are we not playing... **sees the forum** OOOOHHHH Yeh!
    TrueNeverBorn_sm.jpg
    And voting Psolms. This time around for legit reasons. When he was targeted by the first BW he got all indignant and tried to claim he was a special.
    psolms wrote: »
    Ah yes, naturally. Here come the late stragglers who push this bandwagon forth.

Allow me to say this, in light of the clarification received: Removing me from this game is absolutely not in your best interests. If I can convince you of that without saying much more, it will be all the better.

Then the narration comes forth and he (jokingly?) posts
    psolms wrote: »
    Hear hear. Lets all vote for Infidel. His calling out of a suspicious maneuver by a villager is such an evil thing to do. Because of his meddling, we had a possible solid target instead of a purely random first day.

Hang him! Hang him now!

Yes, this is the dry wit you've heard so much about.

I'm not one to usually one to trust Infidel, but I trust people who claim to be special to BWs less. I find BWs can be the best way to find things out, personally. So unless someone has a bit more of a logical vote, mine stands. No offense there, old bean. Ready for our tea?

So if you love games and I love games... Why are we not playing... **sees the forum** OOOOHHHH Yeh!
    TrueNeverBorn_sm.jpg
    What is WRONG with your FACE!

ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
    edited July 2012
    Also, as far as my concept goes of Public Gossip, there is really no way to tell if it's true or not. I know I'm just a normal guy on a f'd up Reality show, but none of you do. I'd be willing to be the target of a public gossip today if anybody wants to try it out. Only other why is to see if Kime days tonight. Which really is the mafia's ONLY choice.

A: They kill him and it reveals Kime as a Vanillager and confirms that a Public Gossip is a true seer.

B: They don't kill Kime and they've left a networked vanillager in play for what reason? It'll only lead the pack down the eventual thought "Is Kime actually Mafia?"

Someone targets me with Pure Gossip, if Mafia goes after me they've left Kime alone and we'll find out how the Gossip's work for sure. Assuming we get the results before they get me that is. Either way we need a guard card on Kime ASAP. Better him in play where we can use him then out of play where he can just watch and laugh. ^_~

TrueNeverborn on
    TrueNeverBorn_sm.jpg
  • romanqwertyromanqwerty Registered User regular
    TrueNeverborn feels like a good vote again.

• LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    spool32 wrote: »
    Punishing secret wastage is the only way we'll avoid pissing away all the power in a rush. If spaaaaaaace phalla taught us anything, that was it. Easy on the trigger finger!

Oh, also don't Bedlam the village. Another important lesson!

Now, bed for me. I"'ll vote in the morning, since late night silliness got me killed in EVO. :p

uh, I in no way knowingly played against my win con and I'll be pretty pissed to be in any way compared to someone who did.

OoOoOoO

Langly on
  • Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Retaba wrote: »
    Ahahaha the secret I wrote was revealed! Mill got mine.

Now, the secret that you were given: do you still have it? Or is it really disappeared

I don't trust anyone who argues to protect Infidel at this point.

ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
  • The DagonThe Dagon Registered User regular
    oOOoOooOOOO

I get day one'd, and Kime lives?

There is no justice.

oOOoOoOOooOo

Steam ID : TheDagon
    PSN : TheDagon
    Pretty much every game ever : TheDagon
  • Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    I have come across another pictvre containing mvsic and svch. Look upon it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQG8fGXQBYo&feature=youtube_gdata_player

• chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    ooOOoOOooOoooo

Well this is a first.

ooOoOOOoooOOOo

• kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    “Very well then, Anialos Your secret reads ‘I was not in the original Final Fantasy’. Since this falls under the category of Pure Gossip, I am being told to inform you that Kime is not a member of the Producer’s Pact.”

And that, I suppose, would explain why I wake up to 15 PMs....

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
    kime wrote: »
    “Very well then, Anialos Your secret reads ‘I was not in the original Final Fantasy’. Since this falls under the category of Pure Gossip, I am being told to inform you that Kime is not a member of the Producer’s Pact.”

Congrats, Captain my Captain. You are the public network master. Enjoy this the best you can, as long as you can! ^_~

TrueNeverBorn_sm.jpg
  • MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular
    Enjoy this the best you can, as long as you can! ^_~

read: for today

kime wrote: »

Congrats, Captain my Captain. You are the public network master. Enjoy this the best you can, as long as you can! ^_~

Thinly veiled threat, mayhap? May be worth remembering.

Also, if I didn't reply to your PM, that's just because you aren't special. Alternatively, I'm half-asleep and at work, so... you aren't special.

But PM me again if you have any new thoughts or expected a reply or somethin'

Steam profile
    @lonelyahava: Conversions?

Steam profile
  • spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Don't worry, ghost of @langly, I was just saying it was an important lesson.

Been comparing your slip to walking on the bridge after orders to the contrary, not comparing it to setting yourself on fire and hugging the village.