As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Nags Head, NC (Things to do)

joshgotrojoshgotro Deviled EggThe Land of REAL CHILIRegistered User regular
edited July 2012 in Help / Advice Forum
Going to be in Nags Head in September. Family members age ranges from 17 months to 69 years old.

Anyone local know of some things to do in the area? Good hiking? At the moment our whole trip will be sitting on the beach.

joshgotro on

• Options
    FandyienFandyien But Otto, what about us? Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    I was down in hatteras a few weeks ago, been going there semi-annually since i was a kid

If you're down with a bit of a drive, ocacroke can be a neat place to visit and get a good burger, look at the graves of british soldiers on the island, and check out the nature reserve. Also wild ponies. You take a ferry out there and there's dolphins and stuff sometimes, it's neat

On the larger island with nags head/hatteras/buxton/frisco etc there's the lighthouse to go to, the Museum of the Graveyard of the Atlantic which I personally thought was cool. I can't stress enough to go to the Orange Blossom bakery in buxton early in the morning and getting some of everything, it's literally the best sausage biscuits/donuts/fritters i've ever had anywhere. Seriously go there, you won't regret it

If you're into other stuff there's kayak rentals and bikes and lots of nature trails

[edit]http://orangeblossombakery.com/Menu.html

look how cheap that is and ye gods it's great

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
  • Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    I found the Wright Bros. aviation museum to be quite enjoyable during my stay in the area.

• Options
    Dr. FrenchensteinDr. Frenchenstein Registered User regular
    i don't know of any hiking, since it's beach area, the only hills you see are dunes. There are tons of watersports, you can take hanggliding lessons, skydiving, glider rides. unfortunately, it's become a VERY touristy area, so there is very little free stuff.