As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Phalla]- Game of Secrets-use the other thread!

• Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    Don't worry, ghost of @langly, I was just saying it was an important lesson.

Been comparing your slip to walking on the bridge after orders to the contrary, not comparing it to setting yourself on fire and hugging the village.

What are yov talking abovt? Svrely I am not the only one seeing this madness?

• MegafrostMegafrost Leader of the Decepticons Registered User regular
    kime wrote: »
    @lonelyahava: Conversions?

From the opening post:
    There are no Thralls, Millers, Conversions, or other obnoxious roles present.

• kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Thanks. That is reassuring.

@TrueNeverborn, a certain amount of skepticism is fine, but at this point if you keep going on about how I "may not actually be village aligned" I'm going to have to assume you are trying to sow dissent.

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Also, as far as my concept goes of Public Gossip, there is really no way to tell if it's true or not. I know I'm just a normal guy on a f'd up Reality show, but none of you do. I'd be willing to be the target of a public gossip today if anybody wants to try it out. Only other why is to see if Kime days tonight. Which really is the mafia's ONLY choice.

A: They kill him and it reveals Kime as a Vanillager and confirms that a Public Gossip is a true seer.

B: They don't kill Kime and they've left a networked vanillager in play for what reason? It'll only lead the pack down the eventual thought "Is Kime actually Mafia?"

Someone targets me with Pure Gossip, if Mafia goes after me they've left Kime alone and we'll find out how the Gossip's work for sure. Assuming we get the results before they get me that is. Either way we need a guard card on Kime ASAP. Better him in play where we can use him then out of play where he can just watch and laugh. ^_~

This line of reasoning seems poor.
    The beings aligned with the prodvcers have shown to have mvltiple tries at removing people from the show. Assvming that there is svddenly only one, which is qvite contrary to the events that have transpired, is a poor path to follow.

• GreenbaronsGreenbarons CanadaRegistered User regular
    All hail Kime, our grandmaster! I agree with the whole Telling him what our secret is. Only thing I am thinking is what if the public Seer is in truth a Reverse seering? It is GOSSIP after all. For safety sake, just gunna keep my secret to myself and not use it.

Very well then, Anialos Your secret reads ‘I was not in the original Final Fantasy’. Since this falls under the category of Pure Gossip, I am being told to inform you that Kime is not a member of the Producer’s Pact.”

I dont' see anything in that sentence that suggests reverse seer instead of a normal one. Unless I am reading it wrong the narration pretty much unequivicoly calls out Kime as a non-mafia. Though I guess he may still be a neutral if they exist.

He was colored green, was he not? This color is normally vsed for villagers, yes?

• RetabaRetaba A Cultist Registered User regular
    Retaba wrote: »
    Ahahaha the secret I wrote was revealed! Mill got mine.

Now, the secret that you were given: do you still have it? Or is it really disappeared

In due Time, TRV.

Ahahaha the secret I wrote was revealed! Mill got mine.

Now, the secret that you were given: do you still have it? Or is it really disappeared

In due Time, TRV.

Yov speak mvch of time. What do yov know of time? Yov and I are from different ages. There is mvch we covld teach each other, if yov wovld share with me. :winky:

• TrueNeverbornTrueNeverborn Registered User regular
    @Kime: No Dissent, just not really 100% on trusting Gossip. Seems Ahava is putting some common sense into this. IE: Read your secret and figure out what category it falls under. Would hate to put all my trust in one person just to have them turn out to have been mafia from day 2. In the end I'm suggesting we simply keep it in mind, and see if we can't verify if gossip is true, insane or chaotic seering. It would be good to know that fine little detail.

@TRV: No threat meant, just well wishes. As for the multiple 'kills' day one, if I did math right 3 got cut with Dagon being removed a second time via secret. 1 via mafia vote, 1 to a bad mason vote and one to a vigilante. There is nothing to substantiate a Mafia vigilante at this time. If both villagers and Mafia have a vigilante one of them didn't use it day 1. So I'm going to side with we have the vigilante leaving the mafia with only one cut/kill per day, meaning our vigilante choose poorly. It's day 1 I think we could forgive them. So the plan logically isn't really flawed, it doesn't have to be me just would make me happier as I know what I am. Either way more information is needed.

So if you love games and I love games... Why are we not playing... **sees the forum** OOOOHHHH Yeh!
    TrueNeverBorn_sm.jpg
    @Greenbarons: " I am being told to inform you that Kime is not a member of the Producer’s Pact." This specifically is the line I'm looking at. Ahava/narrator is being told by someone else.

So if you love games and I love games... Why are we not playing... **sees the forum** OOOOHHHH Yeh!
    TrueNeverBorn_sm.jpg
    The crowd settled back down again to discuss their next possible move, but they noticed something very odd. There were three people missing! Three people had been removed from the game in silence.

Well, almost silence. The Dagon was almost out of the side door with event staff when somebody raised their postcard into the air and shouted “I choose to use my secret on The Dagon!” A hush came over the crowd as the Hostess came into the room, looking a bit irritated that somebody used a secret up on a person almost out of the game anyway. “Very Well. The secret that you hold in your hand, Mill Is “I stole the cookie from the cookie jar.” This secret has now been used, and since it is of a Criminal nature, the person you chose to direct it towards will be removed from the game. Again.”

The Removed

Langly- I Needed a Name to Play – Exiled for speaking too much
    The Dagon- Jack Mehoff – Producer’s Cut; Secreted Away
    Chamberlain—eddie izzard –Producer’s Cut

Jdarksun—Jonah—Had some Insight—Producer’s Cut

Three silent kills doesn't sovnd like mafia to yov?
    @TRV: No threat meant, just well wishes. As for the multiple 'kills' day one, if I did math right 3 got cut with Dagon being removed a second time via secret. 1 via mafia vote, 1 to a bad mason vote and one to a vigilante. There is nothing to substantiate a Mafia vigilante at this time. If both villagers and Mafia have a vigilante one of them didn't use it day 1. So I'm going to side with we have the vigilante leaving the mafia with only one cut/kill per day, meaning our vigilante choose poorly. It's day 1 I think we could forgive them. So the plan logically isn't really flawed, it doesn't have to be me just would make me happier as I know what I am. Either way more information is needed.

What do yov know of masons and vigilantes? Or is this conjectvre?

edited July 2012
    @TRV: Ahava posted this in the OP: " There will be your standard roles present in this game Seer, Guard, Vigilante, Mafia, Masons There may be one or two random other roles, but that I will keep a secret. There are no Thralls, Millers, Conversions, or other obnoxious roles present." So we have it from Ahava that there is at least 1 vigilante and that there ARE masons.

TrueNeverborn on
    TrueNeverBorn_sm.jpg
  • KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    So I hope people aren't completely trusting Kime because it's not exactly without precedent that the mafia would be able to screw with the narration.

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
    The "Bad Mason vote" was not meant to mean that the mason's are aligned with the mafia, it was meant to read that there vote missed it's mark. I'm sure that was understood from the gate, but figured that needed to be clarified.

TrueNeverBorn_sm.jpg
    After ahava says "There are no Thralls, Millers, Conversions, or other obnoxious roles present," if she then allowed the mafia to fake a public seer (with color and everything), then that was just a bad decision. The whole point of a disclaimer in the OP is so that you don't have to worry about things like that. She is trying to tell you not to freak out.

Listen

Steam profile
    KetBra wrote: »
    So I hope people aren't completely trusting Kime because it's not exactly without precedent that the mafia would be able to screw with the narration.

I'm reserved on the whole thing, due to questionable wording in the narration. I'm still suggesting our Guard protect Kime for the time being and we get Public Gossip verified as to it's type of seer. There you are basically all caught up. ^_^

TrueNeverBorn_sm.jpg
  • KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    Faking a public seer is different than the mafia being able to insert lines into the narration.

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
    I svppose yovr argvment has some merit.
    It is rather vnheard of for the vigilante to stay silent on the first day.
    It wovld seem that Jdark had some sort of special power, no? Based on the bit after his name, I wovld believe him to be a permanent seer.
    Perhaps one of each of the abilities exists? (Please do not speak vp abovt this in pvblic. Jvst thinking ovt lovd.)
    Also possible that the secrets replace the permanent powers in some cases.

It is rather vnheard of for the vigilante to stay silent on the first day.

ehhh?

Steam profile
  • spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    I'm not sure what a uigilante is either.

@ Kime: I did, no obnoxious ROLES. I'm not saying the mafia did anything to the Secret. What I'm saying is the Secret could have a Secret. IE: Public Gossip parades as a True Seer when in fact it is a Insane or Chaotic.

TrueNeverBorn_sm.jpg
    From my experience, if someone has a kill power, they vse it to try and verify themselves. Is this incorrect?

• adventfallsadventfalls Why would you wish to know? Registered User regular
    KetBra wrote: »

Didn't @lonelyahava mention that this game doesn't have anything screwy?

Are there any narration manipulation powers?

NintendoID: AdventFalls 3DS Code: 3454-0237-6080
    @TRV: I agree 100%. Only reason I can think of not to Vig day 1 is if your mafia and trying to keep a low profile and see how narrations are going to be ran. Also throws off the villagers if the think a vig isn't present and then day 2 people start flopping dead.

TrueNeverBorn_sm.jpg
    From my experience, if someone has a kill power, they vse it to try and verify themselves. Is this incorrect?

Man, back in my day, we weren't spoiled like you young 'uns. We set up networks the traditional way, one seering at a time! And sometimes not even that! Our vigs fired blindly, like they were meant to! And we used logic to find baddies, not that you'd know about that!

Uphill both ways in the snow too.

There was a long period where every game the vig would call his kill day one for insta-network. It sort of became the "thing to do." But it isn't the only way of doing things, and shouldn't be done every game.

Steam profile
  • RetabaRetaba A Cultist Registered User regular
    Either our vig didn't hit last night, the secret counts as our vig, or our vig has the same words as mafia kills.

@ Kime: I did, no obnoxious ROLES. I'm not saying the mafia did anything to the Secret. What I'm saying is the Secret could have a Secret. IE: Public Gossip parades as a True Seer when in fact it is a Insane or Chaotic.

Yes, but see, the part I'm trying to get across is.... that would be pretty darn obnoxious!

Thus... you know.... it isn't in the game.......

Anyways, I think I know what happened with our vig last night. Unfortunately.

Steam profile

Man, back in my day, we weren't spoiled like you young 'uns. We set up networks the traditional way, one seering at a time! And sometimes not even that! Our vigs fired blindly, like they were meant to! And we used logic to find baddies, not that you'd know about that!

Uphill both ways in the snow too.

There was a long period where every game the vig would call his kill day one for insta-network. It sort of became the "thing to do." But it isn't the only way of doing things, and shouldn't be done every game.

I do not attest that it is the only way to do things, or even the best one, bvt only that the vivilante vsually strikes out day 1. This is my main point. Is it not trve?

Sir, do you accvse me of being illogical? Though I may be an emperor, words still hvrt.

@TheRoadVirus: It was a generic, plural "you." Also I may have been being a bit facetious. Just a tad bit.

Were I the vig, I would not have called my kill yesterday. Even ignoring the fact that it is never a guaranteed success (what if the cause of death is not clear?), there are some unknown mechanics with the secrets that make things a bit more unknown.

Anyways, people who want to use a secret. If you do so without coming to me first, I will consider you a threat to the village.

Steam profile
    @TheRoadVirus: It was a generic, plural "you." Also I may have been being a bit facetious. Just a tad bit.

Were I the vig, I would not have called my kill yesterday. Even ignoring the fact that it is never a guaranteed success (what if the cause of death is not clear?), there are some unknown mechanics with the secrets that make things a bit more unknown.

Anyways, people who want to use a secret. If you do so without coming to me first, I will consider you a threat to the village.

Yov mvst realize, Kime, that the way yov do things and the way others do things is not exactly the same. :p
    While yov may not have called yovr kill, others may have. Bvt nobody did. So yvp.

• adventfallsadventfalls Why would you wish to know? Registered User regular
    @TheRoadVirus

Are you under some posting restriction, or did you REALLY like VVVVV?

NintendoID: AdventFalls 3DS Code: 3454-0237-6080
  • premiumpremium Registered User regular
    I thought it was VVVVVV

The letter for the vowel U is shaped like the modern letter V in the inscription on this Roman denarius from the Republican period. This, and the fact that there was neither a J nor a W in the original Roman alphabet, are the only differences between their alphabet and ours after over 2000 years. The artistic style of lettering varied quite a bit during different periods as it still does today, often leading the unwary scholar to believe that the letters themselves were different.

I am slowly becoming accvstomed to yovr method of writing. Yov all have a few more letters than we do, bvt old habits die hard.

Yov mvst realize, Kime, that the way yov do things and the way others do things is not exactly the same. :p
    While yov may not have called yovr kill, others may have. Bvt nobody did. So yvp.

Yeah but I'm just saying, expecting a publicly called vig kill on day one and then wondering why no one did it is not the ideal way of doing things :p

Steam profile
    I find it strange that three "kills" would be marked the same if their sovrce was not the same. That is, of course, idle mvsing on my part, bvt it seems to be vnvsval for svch a thing to occvr, vnless the host is trying to make things vagve.

I'm not a threat to the village, but neither am I going to simply tell you my secret and allow, as I see it, a unverified source tell me how to use it. So I'm just going to not use it, sound fair enough?

TrueNeverBorn_sm.jpg
  • premiumpremium Registered User regular
    So there are a couple secret types that we don't know what they do yet, right?
    Would make sense if one was a guard, ideas on what the other one might be?

• REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington The Exploding ManRegistered User regular

What's more threatening, kime as a network head or being threatened by a network head kime?

Answer:
    Everykime

I dislike KetBra coming in casually to this conversation and helping to spread the dissent about the confirmed by narration guys affiliation.

I felt there were some shady people from day 1...and all my thoughts are gone now. Late night hockey ruins my brain. Not exactly a great argument for my vote then I guess. Whatever, it's the best I have right now.

• romanqwertyromanqwerty Registered User regular
    Guys, kime is as good as confirmed. There is no chance Ahava would have a fake public seering in her narration.

@Roman, @Kime: To not question the obvious is very mafia of you... :P We're playing Phalla man, you question the rock till someone stabs you in the back. Just how it goes.

TrueNeverBorn_sm.jpg