As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Phalla]- Game of Secrets-use the other thread!

• kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Guys, kime is as good as confirmed. There is no chance Ahava would have a fake public seering in her narration.

This.

You guys need more than "what if there is a really tricksy role!?!?!?? " when the OP says "there are no tricksy roles"

If you have a legit reason, spit it out and I'll do what I can to work with you. As is, you don't.

@TrueNeverborn: Soon, I will be getting more strict with people who still "don't quite trust me." But for now, the line is definitely drawn at "do not USE your secret without telling me"

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    It seems that people will do anything they can to distrvst the one known as Kime.
    If there are no thralls or millers, then Kime wovld not have been colored as he was colored, I think.
    If he is green, then he is green.
    All who oppose Kime oppose the legion, and will be dealt with accordingly.
    Roman-legion.jpeg

@Roman, @Kime: To not question the obvious is very mafia of you... :P We're playing Phalla man, you question the rock till someone stabs you in the back. Just how it goes.

Yeah, but this is questioning something that the host said isn't in the game. I mean, at some point you just become a distraction.

Steam profile
  • spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    That point was yesterday, IMHO.

• TrueNeverbornTrueNeverborn Registered User regular
    I'm following suite... Just not going to be stupid about it.

So if you love games and I love games... Why are we not playing... **sees the forum** OOOOHHHH Yeh!
    TrueNeverBorn_sm.jpg
  • RomanRoman Registered User regular
    So. Guys. I got notified of this thing because you shortened romanqwerty's name. I exist. Please don't do that. Thanks.

Roman wrote: »
    So. Guys. I got notified of this thing because you shortened romanqwerty's name. I exist. Please don't do that. Thanks.

Hahaha sorry :p

Steam profile
  • Smoove OperatorSmoove Operator Registered User regular
    TrueNeverborn again, unless there's a network call otherwise.

Honesty, Integrity, Handshakefulness

HoTS: Schmutz#1686
  • tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks OaklandRegistered User regular
    Games in which we trust kime can never end well.

But it seems like that's the thing to do!

I would like to know what the other two categories do, though.

• The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    Are narrations reliable?

• CayrusCayrus Consul Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears!Registered User regular
    It seems that people will do anything they can to distrvst the one known as Kime.
    If there are no thralls or millers, then Kime wovld not have been colored as he was colored, I think.
    If he is green, then he is green.
    All who oppose Kime oppose the legion, and will be dealt with accordingly.
    Roman-legion.jpeg

Legio XXX? My gods man, have you really raised 10 Legions against me?

Former Secret Service Agent Nathaniel Ford in Call of Cthulhu: Whispers in the Darkness

Henri Emmanuel Gratien St Pierre in Where No Man Has Gone Before

Lord Augustus Cumberbatch in Eclipse Phase
  • KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    I'm just sayin, there have been multiple games where narration manipulation has been a thing! Informing the public and so forth

Also, revealing as a vig day 1 isn't guaranteed by any mean, especially since games can have weird mechanics that screw with vigs that do that.

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
    KetBra wrote: »
    I'm just sayin, there have been multiple games where narration manipulation has been a thing! Informing the public and so forth

True. But this is narration manipulation where:
    • It specifically colors me limegreen
    • It specifically bolded the person who used the secret, so it is part of the "secret" mechanic
    • "Secret" mechanics only require a target
    • That means every night she's just gonna insert some random persons whims into the narration, and clearly indicate that it is just whatever they felt like saying?

Steam profile
    I'm on the books stating the Public Gossip mechanic needs to be verified. Narration manipulation is not something that is possible. As Ahava (and Kime restated) said there MAY be some special roles. But I'm shot down by the Kime Steam train. Just waiting on the target we're voting on for day 2, stilling putting Psolms out there as a option for the vote however.

So if you love games and I love games... Why are we not playing... **sees the forum** OOOOHHHH Yeh!
    TrueNeverBorn_sm.jpg
    I'm on the books stating the Public Gossip mechanic needs to be verified. Narration manipulation is not something that is possible. As Ahava (and Kime restated) said there MAY be some special roles. But I'm shot down by the Kime Steam train. Just waiting on the target we're voting on for day 2, stilling putting Psolms out there as a option for the vote however.

But there are not "obnoxious" roles. And what else would you describe a role that mimics a seering, but is fake? Or that is a crazy/paranoid seer? Those are like, textbook obnoxious.

Steam profile
  • AnialosAnialos Collies are love, Collies are life! Shadowbrook ColliesRegistered User regular
    TrueNeverborn for questioning the almighty Kime as revealed to us by HIS OWN SECRET! *gasp*

• Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    I am directing the wrath of the legion towards Diorinix. My advisors tell me that he has sent only two missives to the collective of this show, and as such, is svspect. Svffer not the mvte to live.

BVRN THE SILENT. BVRN THE SVSPICIOUS.

• sportzboytjwsportzboytjw squeeeeeezzeeee some more tax breaks outRegistered User regular
    like here:

-everyone has a secret of another player
    -secrets are powers
    -secrets lose their power if they are revealed in thread (they are no longer secret)
    -langly revealed the secret infidel had
    -infidel lost his power
    -infidel voted for langly as a result

regardless of the fact that langly was likely not just paying attention or didn't understand the game (because i sure as fuck didn't until reading the latest narration) he took an action that directly harmed the village and was voted out for it

We don't know that it harmed the village. Infy is probably mafia.

Walkerdog on MTGO
    TylerJ on League of Legends (it's free and fun!)
    Just by virtue of being Infy.

Steam profile
    edited July 2012
    like here:

-secrets are powers
    -secrets lose their power if they are revealed in thread (they are no longer secret)
    -infidel lost his power

regardless of the fact that langly was likely not just paying attention or didn't understand the game (because i sure as fuck didn't until reading the latest narration) he took an action that directly harmed the village and was voted out for it

Langly inadvertently harmed the village by being a villager who wasted his power. That bandwagon was 100% legit.

Even if Infidel is mafia, the vote was still beneficial to the village because now everyone is on notice: wasting your power in the public thread gets you voted out. Ultimately, that benefits us more than sparing Langly.

spool32 on
  • CayrusCayrus Consul Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears!Registered User regular
    Retaba for tieing the vote yesterday, apparently twice.

Former Secret Service Agent Nathaniel Ford in Call of Cthulhu: Whispers in the Darkness

Henri Emmanuel Gratien St Pierre in Where No Man Has Gone Before

Lord Augustus Cumberbatch in Eclipse Phase
    @Kime: I am saying NOTHING about roles. You are the one who keeps saying roles. I am saying SECRETS, which are not roles, are not linked to roles, have nothing to do with roles because even vanillagers have them, are perhaps a bit misleading. ESPECIALLY because of the narration. Yes it could just be fluff. But stand back from where I am, not knowing what you know about your own role. A misleading narration, with a unidentified one time only ability, mixed with your forcefulness and resistance to even attempt at the thought that such is even possible. It doesn't look good. I'm gunna follow the general consensus, Master Kime, (hopefully toward Psolms) but your absolute lack of finesse this time around is mind boggling. 'Corse I've been away for a while perhaps you're always this brutish now.

TrueNeverBorn_sm.jpg
  • DiorinixDiorinix Registered User regular
    I am directing the wrath of the legion towards Diorinix. My advisors tell me that he has sent only two missives to the collective of this show, and as such, is svspect. Svffer not the mvte to live.

BVRN THE SILENT. BVRN THE SVSPICIOUS.

I like to read more than talk. The previous games where I was really active I screwed up more than I got right. Not making that mistake this time.

Yadda yadda, wasted vote, yadda yadda.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Mmmmm....toasty.
  • InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    Just for the record, Langly wasted someone else's power, which is the travesty. (And a little broken design, but still the result of villager lazyness.)

The whole "look at the tie" thing is silly, but doesn't look like anyone is caught pushing that. Oh well!

If you think there is shenanigans, you do it right and vote for me. If I come up mafia ever, then you follow up on the tie. Until then, there is nothing really interesting or rational about the two wagons.

And voting for me you probably want some reason to think I'm mafia other than "he voted for a villager" or "it's Infidel." I could at least somewhat accept "it's Infidel and it is now day 4" but we're not there yet are we. :P

OrokosPA.png
    I like Cayrus's logic. Neverborn has been 100% suspicious so far, but unless and until we get a network call, I'm going with Retaba for vote-tying shenanigans.

• enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    It's basically metagaming that ahava is not the kind of host who would screw us like that. Which I agree with.

Also, Infidel's maxim about risk applies. There's a much higher chance that kime is who the narration says he is than not, and the village should be willing to take that chance.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
    Kime: I am saying NOTHING about roles. You are the one who keeps saying roles. I am saying SECRETS, which are not roles, are not linked to roles, have nothing to do with roles because even vanillagers have them, are perhaps a bit misleading. ESPECIALLY because of the narration. Yes it could just be fluff. But stand back from where I am, not knowing what you know about your own role. A misleading narration, with a unidentified one time only ability, mixed with your forcefulness and resistance to even attempt at the thought that such is even possible. It doesn't look good. I'm gunna follow the general consensus, Master Kime, (hopefully toward Psolms) but your absolute lack of finesse this time around is mind boggling. 'Corse I've been away for a while perhaps you're always this brutish now.

Perhaps I am not understanding you. You are saying that, while the OP indicates there are no roles that will do a "fake public seering" (or any variation thereof), the secret mechanic has that possibility?

As in, ahava is trying to be subtle when she says "there are annoying roles," but in her mind she's cackling evilly and thinking "but there ARE annoying mechanics!"

Please clarify if I have that wrong.

Steam profile
  • sportzboytjwsportzboytjw squeeeeeezzeeee some more tax breaks outRegistered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    like here:

-secrets are powers
    -infidel lost his power

Langly inadvertently harmed the village by being a villager who wasted his power. That bandwagon was 100% legit.

Even if Infidel is mafia, the vote was still beneficial to the village because now everyone is on notice: wasting your power in the public thread gets you voted out. Ultimately, that benefits us more than sparing Langly.

I thought he wasted Infy's power. I guess it was Infy's secret that he wasted by not using then?

Walkerdog on MTGO
    TylerJ on League of Legends (it's free and fun!)
  • RetabaRetaba A Cultist Registered User regular
    Cayrus's logic isn't something I like! Also it is kind of silly to assume I'm mafia because I went out of my way to tie the game about midway in the day.

like here:

-secrets are powers
    -infidel lost his power

I thought he wasted Infy's power. I guess it was Infy's secret that he wasted by not using then?

Now I'm not exactly clear, but either way it's a mess.

Either:
    a) Langly spoke the secret he was given, which Infidel created.
    or
    b) Langly learned the secret Infidel held, created by some as-yet-unknown 3rd party, and then spoke it aloud, denying Infidel the chance to use his power.

I understood it to be a) but b) is just as worthy of a vote.

• shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    I seriously doubt that Ahava would allow the mafia to fake a public seering, that certainly seems legit.

That said, I wouldn't be surprised if there was some sort of narration-affecting ability in play. Would seem to fit the flavor of the game, particularly given that the mafia is supposed to be a group handpicked by the producers.

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • GreenbaronsGreenbarons CanadaRegistered User regular
    like here:

-secrets are powers
    -infidel lost his power

Now I'm not exactly clear, but either way it's a mess.

Either:
    a) Langly spoke the secret he was given, which Infidel created.
    or
    b) Langly learned the secret Infidel held, created by some as-yet-unknown 3rd party, and then spoke it aloud, denying Infidel the chance to use his power.

I understood it to be a) but b) is just as worthy of a vote.

Most likely is C. Infidel had Langly's secret. Langly knew what it was and posted it in the thread, not realizing it would invalidate the power for whoever held it. He didn't nececarly know Infidel was carrying his secret.

@Kime: No, you have it right now. Ahava is one tricksy hobbit if memory serves me. It is called Game of Secrets, which probably just references that secrets have power. All I'd like is to see some verification that it's a true seer. Hence why preferably I'd like to be the target of one tonight. Plus if it's a true seer I'll be shown as a simple game show player. Regardless, the possibility that there is no 'foul play' is high and I'm gunna go with the network/your plan regardless.

TrueNeverBorn_sm.jpg
  • RetabaRetaba A Cultist Registered User regular
    I'm thinking that maybe the mafia have 3 kills and that is to balance the secret powers? Vig, Guard, Seer, something else each night.

edited July 2012
    Retaba wrote: »
    I'm thinking that maybe the mafia have 3 kills and that is to balance the secret powers? Vig, Guard, Seer, something else each night.

There's something else going on, or else Jdark wouldn't have come up blue. There are more than two factions in this game.

spool32 on
    I am not trying to be forceful or brutish or whatever.

But when your argument is "she said there were no obnoxious roles, but maybe there are people that can just do the same thing that one of those obnoxious roles would do!" you'll have to forgive me if I think you are being just a little bit silly.

Like, that's the point where you say, "screw it, we have to assume ahava is being legit, but if she really was trying to pull something like that we'll grudge her after the game!"

Also, you hurt my feelings *sniff*. Just because you are being silly and I called you out on it doesn't make me mean!

:P

Steam profile
    Retaba wrote: »

There's something else going on, or else Jdark wouldn't have come up blue. There are more than two factions in this game.

We have true specials.

Steam profile
  • vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    stever777
    Anialos
    Mill

All tried to start a bandwagon on Infidel as the start of the day. Not buying it. What's the justification? Saying someone isn't confirmed is no where near the same thing as saying they're suspicious and possibly mafia. Mill is completly ignorant of why the bandwagon existed in his post (yet calls the switch suspicions) while the other two make no mention. Anialos tries to use bad game theory as a joke. Stever tried to push the bandwagon asap.

Infidel's wagon was the best shot we had day 1. The previous two ties were all grudge or name-too-long based and had no other reason than throwing someone out there for a Day 1 lynching. Infidel's actually had a reason behind it. A longshot chance is better than pissing away no chance whatsoever.
    ---

KetBra

Now here's a fool that can't read the Host OP and Clarifactions, or more possibly, is trying to create confusion and uncertianty where none exist and is trying to delay a village network from forming around a confirmed villager.
    There is no reason to doubt Kime as network head.
    ---

TrueNeverborn

You are thinking along the same lines of KetBra, only you actually refrence host notes so you're much smarter than them. You're still trying to delay a village network from forming. Consider yourself suspicious.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • stever777stever777 AFK most Saturdays Registered User regular
    Oh, you're mean, kime.

Hosting Android: Netrunner - Thread 2: The Revenge

The Black Hole of Cygnus X-1
    stever777 wrote: »
    Oh, you're mean, kime.

Toph_cries.png