As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Unofficial Forum Stylesheet - Ye Olde Style

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Langly wrote: »
    oh hey Suriko, I might have missed this and you know about it, but jailed people are not showing up correctly. I don't know if that's fixable and it certainly isn't a big deal, they just aren't getting their additional bars across the icon.

That is not unique to the Ye Olde Style. It is not working correctly under the default style either. When the latter gets fixed, the former may reap the benefits.

• Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    hey @Suriko, would it be possible to bring back the little online/offline bar underneath the avatars?

I notice that default has them but ye olde doesn't.

Yeah I've noticed this too. Also uh, is it just the rework of the site or is there no longer a way to get rid of your drafts?

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    FandaFanda Hang a shining star upon the highest boughRegistered User regular
    I've got the online/offline bar under the avatars. Maybe you guys are one update behind?

Or maybe I'm just weird.

• Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    Arthil wrote: »
    is it just the rework of the site or is there no longer a way to get rid of your drafts?

the drafts page still exists, there just doesn't seem to be a link to it yet.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    EndEnd Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    I guess I will share a user script (aka greasemonkey) I wrote here, since anyone hiding the user reaction icons might find it useful, and that is something Ye Olde Style does. What it does is show who reacted to a post when you mouseover the reaction buttons. Specifically, it creates a tooltip that looks like this:

8Alh8.jpg

Obviously it'd be a blue background if you're using ye olde style, which I have tested it with. So far I've only tested it with Chrome, although I expect it will work with greasemonkey under firefox as well. It'll probably work even if you're not hiding the user reaction icons although I don't know why you'd care if that was the case.

Additionally, the tooltip should stay up if you mouseover it so you can get the user info tooltip.

Here's a download link:
    http://hg.cornhooves.org/userjs/raw-file/tip/paforums/pa-react-mouseover.user.js

At some point I might make the tooltip look a bit nicer, but I thought I'd see if people think it is useful or not. If you try it out, let me know what you think, and whether it works or not.

End on
    I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • Options
    MarshmallowMarshmallow Registered User regular
    Using chrome and I like it, @End. With Ye Olde I was having to turn Stylish off whenever I wanted to see who made a reaction and this solves that problem quite neatly.

Very cool, works perfectly, looks great.

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Where do I go to see my saved drafts (to delete them) in Ye Olde Style?

• Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    Where do I go to see my saved drafts (to delete them) in Ye Olde Style?

Have to do it manually as per the post above.

Xeddicus on
  • Options
    JobastionJobastion Registered User regular
    Jobastion wrote: »
    übergeek wrote: »
    ASimPerson wrote: »
    Hey @Jobastion I was using a Greasemonkey hack you posted awhile ago to restore full timestamps for posts. Have you updated that by any chance?

Hum... just gonna F5 this thread here and... welp, there go the eyes. Thank you @Suriko for the timely update.
    @ASimPerson Next day off is Thursday, so assuming it's not too difficult, I'll try to update it then.
    Nevermind that @ASimPerson, it's updated now.

Doesn't seem to be working for me?

Yeah, not working for me either.

@ASimPerson and @Ubergeek, if you two could, get the page source, find a copy of "<div class="Meta CommentMeta CommentInfo">" (preferably not the first one in a thread, as it looks a bit different) and just copy and paste in a message to me everything between it and the next /div in the source, and I'll see if it's somehow giving you different html than I'm getting on this end. Dunno why it would, but ... eh.

Also, (and I highly doubt this would be the case, but check it anyway, as I just spent 10 minutes trying to figure out what I "broke" after I uninstalled it and uploaded a new version to see if formatting was an issue) make sure it has a check mark beside it in the Greasemonkey drop down. Using the install option from the page does not enable it by default apparently :/

The page format changed just enough between sometime Sunday and Monday to break it, I've uploaded a new one that should work assuming you turn it on @Ubergeek.

Recommended reading - Worm (Superhero Genre) & Pact (Modern Fantasy Thriller) |
    Backlog Wars - Sonic Generations | Steam!
    Viewing the forums through rose colored glasses... or Suriko's Ye Old Style and The PostCount/TimeStamp Restoral Device
  • Options
    übergeekübergeek Sector 2814Registered User regular
    Hey @Jobastion I was using a Greasemonkey hack you posted awhile ago to restore full timestamps for posts. Have you updated that by any chance?

Hum... just gonna F5 this thread here and... welp, there go the eyes. Thank you @Suriko for the timely update.
    @ASimPerson Next day off is Thursday, so assuming it's not too difficult, I'll try to update it then.

@ASimPerson and @Ubergeek, if you two could, get the page source, find a copy of "<div class="Meta CommentMeta CommentInfo">" (preferably not the first one in a thread, as it looks a bit different) and just copy and paste in a message to me everything between it and the next /div in the source, and I'll see if it's somehow giving you different html than I'm getting on this end. Dunno why it would, but ... eh.

Also, (and I highly doubt this would be the case, but check it anyway, as I just spent 10 minutes trying to figure out what I "broke" after I uninstalled it and uploaded a new version to see if formatting was an issue) make sure it has a check mark beside it in the Greasemonkey drop down. Using the install option from the page does not enable it by default apparently :/

The page format changed just enough between sometime Sunday and Monday to break it, I've uploaded a new one that should work assuming you turn it on @Ubergeek.

Odd, still nothing on my end. Turned off adblock, and that's not it.

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    BarrakkethBarrakketh Registered User regular
    @Jobastion FWIW, this has been working for me since the boards came back to life after the big update:
    $('span.DateCreated time').livequery(function () {
        $(this).text($(this).attr('title'));
    });

Rollers are red, chargers are blue....omae wa mou shindeiru
  • Options
    IcyLiquidIcyLiquid Two Steaks Montreal, QuebecAdministrator, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    We're taking a hard look at the drafts feature soon. Probably some per-user "don't ever autosave" options, and a "Delete this draft" of some sort right under the comment box if there's a draft currently in it. Something like that.

• Options
    IcyLiquid wrote: »
    and a "Delete this draft" of some sort right under the comment box if there's a draft currently in it. Something like that.
    I did exactly that with my extension, and placed it right next to the Save Draft button. Works well for when you change your mind, especially if you happen to think drafts are useful (I do!).

• Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    drafts are useful. making it easier to delete unwanted ones would also be useful, though I'd maybe put the "Delete Draft" button on the other side of the text box from the "Save Draft" button. Keep frustrating little accidents from happening.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    The output you get when you press preview has black text on a white background. I know its minor and I'm not sure if its a thing, but I just thought I'd mention it.

• Options
    ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular

Yeah still no dice for me.

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    If you guys use adblock at some level you can block the draft feature.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    Is stylish required for use in Chrome?

FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    you can install the style as a user script from the style webpage, but you don't get the one click update or convenient edit/disable buttons if you do it that way, and style updates are pretty important

End on
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    End wrote: »
    you can install the style as a user script from the style webpage, but you don't get the one click update or convenient edit/disable buttons if you do it that way, and style updates are pretty important
    It's possible to to update the style through a content script by retrieving the userscript via XHR and ripping the CSS out of it. Store it in local storage and use that to apply the style.

The user.js from the userstyle site doesn't do that, though.

Barrakketh on
  • Options
    I'm guessing that's what your chrome extension does to handle it?

• Options
    edited August 2012
    End wrote: »
    I'm guessing that's what your chrome extension does to handle it?
    It does now. All those updates Suriko made after the big forum update were driving me nuts since I'd have to update Ye Olde Style again.

It still has the downside of the old theme being visible until after the page is finished loading, though. Fixed that locally.

Barrakketh on
  • Options
    smokmnkysmokmnky Registered User regular
    hey guys, any chance I can get just a clean CSS sheet of this? I'm a MAC Safari user and have "User CSS" installed but it doesn't work like Stylish.

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    smokmnky wrote: »
    hey guys, any chance I can get just a clean CSS sheet of this? I'm a MAC Safari user and have "User CSS" installed but it doesn't work like Stylish.

If you go here, http://userstyles.org/styles/50838/penny-arcade-ye-olde-style, there's a button at the bottom to show the raw CSS.

• Options
    smokmnkysmokmnky Registered User regular
    That worked! Thanks Zerzhul

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    i noticed the current olde style does not let you see who agree'd or awesome'd your posts because it removed the little pictures

poo
  • Options
    emp123emp123 Registered User regular
    End's script linked above resolves that issue.

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular

Sorry to nag, but any chance you've had a chance to look at it again yet @jobastion?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    edited August 2012
    The bookmarks page got a small change. Would it be possible to change the 'X New' for thread with unread posts to bold or something contrasting?

captaink on
  • Options
    SurikoSuriko AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2012
    Updated style. All the issues raised should be fixed, and the issues the new update introduced should also be solved.

@captaink this has been added.

Suriko on
  • Options
  • Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    May want to move the emoticon selector out of the input box, too. Know some people noted that being annoying, but may be personal preference too.

• Options
    I dont know if this would be a pain or whatever, but when you click the gear to select edit, you cant see edit because the text is black.

Also, super thanks for updating the My Bookmarks page, it was totally throwing me off :D

• Options
    emp123 wrote: »
    I dont know if this would be a pain or whatever, but when you click the gear to select edit, you cant see edit because the text is black.

That's... bizarre. The text was always white for me, and this update I put an explicit line in to make it white. Hrm.

• Options
    This is how it appears for me:
    10235408_68fc1111cb_o.jpg

Its dark grey and then goes white when you hover over it.

• Options
    EsseeEssee The pinkest of hair. Victoria, BCRegistered User regular
    Not happening for me on Firefox. Have you cleared your cache already just in case?

• Options
    I get it the same way emp123 has it, though I use Chrome

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    Yeah, Im using Chrome, I probably should have stated that.

Its super minor and doesnt effect functionality at all. Although I do wonder why theres a gear instead of an edit button since edit is the only thing you can choose once you click the gear.

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    @Suriko I don't even use Ye Olde Style anymore, they changed the forums enough that I can handle now.

I still want to thank you for your hard work and diligence however. You are a volunteer golden god of forum styling.

• Options
    TheCanManTheCanMan GT: Gasman122009 JerseyRegistered User regular
    edited August 2012
    Hey @Suriko, I'm not sure if anyone's mentioned this yet, but this is kinda bothering me. I know it's pretty minor, but just wanted to point it out.

ZvJIl.png

EDIT: Well, it seems like if I had taken the time to look back a single page in this thread I would have answered my first point. :oops:
    Spoit wrote: »
    Inconsequential nitpick:
    themodtagthatisamargin.png

TheCanMan on