As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PRIME] 2012 Schedule is live!

zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
edited September 2012 in PAX West
http://prime.paxsite.com/schedule

(I've merged the pre-schedule panel discussion to here)

zerzhul on

• Options
    madnessofcrowdsmadnessofcrowds Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited July 2012
    (PLEASE NOTE: DATE CHANGE!)

Just a quick FYI -- the Queers in Gaming panel on Friday will take place right before the LGBT PAX meetup party, so it should work out well to do a max exodus for those interested in both.

Here's the info on the panel, which takes place at 3:30pm on Saturday, September 1st:

QUEERS IN GAMING
    The presence of queer content in gaming and other media has been a hot button topic recently that reflects a conflict in our wider culture. Homophobia and bullying in games are as old as online gaming, but is this a small group of Xbox Live trolls or is there a wider problem? In this panel we will discuss the homophobia encountered by gaymers and queer geeks as well as how to stand up to it by building strong LGBTQ geek communities. Presented by Queer Geek!

Panelists are Jeremy Crawford from D&D, James Portnow from Extra Credits, Ashley Cook from GFBRobot, Boris Erickson from Xbox Live and Gwen Yeh from ArenaNet.

https://www.facebook.com/events/234300513357242/

madnessofcrowds on
  • Options
    edited August 2012

zerzhul on
  • Options
    LexiconGrrlLexiconGrrl Registered User regular
    Cookie Brigade Panel
    That's right, there's going to be a Cookie Brigade Panel this year! If you're looking for something to do other than the Saturday Night concert lines, consider attending. Learn about the well-buttered machine that is the Cookie Brigade, how all the ingredients come together to bake and distribute thousands of cookies every PAX, hear death defying tales of Brigadier heroism, and more!

When: Saturday, September 1 at 10:00 PM
    Where: Pegasus Theater

Come to the panel. We have cookies.

Happily on Sabbatical. Don't bug me.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    http://www.insomniacgames.com/insomniac-at-pax-prime-2012/
    Friday, Aug 31st

Lessons from the World of Outernauts – Serpent Theatre – 6:00-7:00pm
    This summer, Insomniac Games introduced the gaming community to Outernauts, its first ever game on Facebook. Players join the elite Outernaut force as they capture and train beasts while seeking to
    uncover the riddle behind mysterious “ancients.” Join members from Insomniac’s Outernauts team as they discuss behind the scenes details and talk about what’s next for Outernauts.

Panelists include: Ted Price, President and Founder, Brian Hastings, Chief Creative Officer, Rowan Belden-Clifford, Lead Designer, Brandon Winfrey, Associate Community Manager.
    Sunday, September 2nd

Ratchet & Clank: 10th Anniversary Panel – Unicorn Theatre – 1:30-2:30pm
    Ratchet & Clank has become one of PlayStation’s most beloved gaming franchises. Join developers from Insomniac Games as they look back on the ten years of the franchise, discuss the Ratchet & Clank HD Collection and Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault, and reveal other elements of the Ratchet & Clank 10th Anniversary Celebration.

Panelists include: Ted Price, President and Founder, John Fiorito, Chief Operating Officer, Brian Allgeier, Creative Director, TJ Fixman, Writer, Chad Dezern, Studio Director, Shaun McCabe, Production Director

zerzhul on
  • Options
    JindraxJindrax Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    https://facebook.com/events/361395767264290/
    Saturday, September 1st

Virtual Reality: Bringing Video Games to Life - Wolfman Theatre - 12:30pm
    Panel Description:

Do you wish you could make the next Mortal Kombat: Rebirth? Have you ever felt you could do a better job than Uwe Boll? Learn how fans and companies are working to bring video games to life through films and costuming. We will discuss topics including story development, creating a unique interpretation, practical and digital effects, financing and publicity, why fans want to see live action media, and more. By the end of the panel, you'll walk away with knowledge and inspiration to start your own projects.

Panelists: Xerxes Sangco (Director, The Fallen - A Halo Fan Film), Chris Kraemer (Lead Designer, The Fallen - A Halo Fan Film), Francesa Kraemer (Production Designer, The Fallen - A Halo Fan Film), Professor Paul Denigris (Produer, Red Sand - A Mass Effect Fan Film), Caleb Evans (Writer-Director, Red Sand - A Mass Effect Fan Film), Jared Potter (Director, Machinima), Eisen Feuer (Producer, Eisen Feuer), Carl Holmes (Composer, Eisen Feuer)

Jindrax on
  • Options
    markdagomarkdago Registered User regular
    Don't fool with me man...

Is that Ratchet & Clank panel real?

• Options
    KellyShepard087KellyShepard087 Myrtle Beach SCRegistered User regular
    Jindrax wrote: »
    Saturday, September 1st

Panel Description:

Do you wish you could make the next Mortal Kombat: Rebirth? Have you ever felt you could do a better job than Uwe Boll? Learn how fans and companies are working to bring video games to life through films and costuming. We will discuss topics including story development, creating a unique interpretation, practical and digital effects, financing and publicity, why fans want to see live action media, and more. By the end of the panel, you'll walk away with knowledge and inspiration to start your own projects.

Panelists: Charlie Tighe (Lead Craftsman, Blue Realm Studios), Xerxes Sangco (Director, The Fallen - A Halo Fan Film), Chris Kraemer (Lead Designer, The Fallen - A Halo Fan Film), Francesa Kraemer (Production Designer, The Fallen - A Halo Fan Film), Holly Conrad (Commander, Crabcat Industries), Jessica Merizan (XO, Crabcat Industries), Professor Paul Denigris (Produer, Red Sand - A Mass Effect Fan Film), Caleb Evans (Writer-Director, Red Sand - A Mass Effect Fan Film), Jared Potter (Director, Machinima), Eisen Feuer (Producer, Eisen Feuer), Carl Holmes (Composer, Eisen Feuer)

This one sounds wicked awesome. I can't wait to get the schedule on guidebook and book mark this panel.

- Biting's excellent! It's like kissing. Only there's a winner.

Pax Attendee/Enforcer:
    Prime - '11 Attendee, '12 Enforcer, '13 Enforcer
    East - '12 Attendee, '15 Enforcer
  • Options
    markdago wrote: »
    Don't fool with me man...

Is that Ratchet & Clank panel real?

As far as I can tell, yes. Click the link I supplied as reference.

• Options
    markdagomarkdago Registered User regular
    Zerzhul!

This brings me so much JOY...you don't even understand. Thank you!!!

• Options
    MidnightMidnight Enforcer & Mojangsta Burlington, WARegistered User regular
    edited July 2012
    Hello ladies and gents! Just doing a bit of rabble rousing for a panel the likes of which has never been seen: live improv at PAX!

We will be in the Serpent theater at 9:00pm on Friday, and will include:

Marc Watson (me) - @Marc_IRL - Customer Support Manager, Mojang AB (also a five time enforcer!)
    Mike Robles - @MichaelRobles - Community Manager, Wizards of the Coast
    Greg Stackhouse - @UberStack - Associate Producer, Uber Entertainment
    Kris Straub - @KrisStraub - Webcomic Artist, ChainsawSuit, StarSlip
    Graham Stark - @Graham_LRR - LoadingReadyRun, Producer, Actor
    Mikey Neumann - @Mikeyface - Gearbox Software, Writer and Chief Creative Champion (voice of Scooter from Borderlands? Getchu one!)
    Tara Theoharis - @GeekyHostess - Blogger, GeekyHostess - Producer, Actress, Job Hunters

If this sounds like your cup of tea, RSVP at https://www.facebook.com/events/469546269730008/ And please share this with your friends as well! If we pack the theater, the next PAX's show will be bigger and better! Help make nerdy comedy a PAX thing!

<3,

Midnight

OJOLQ.png

Midnight on
  • Options
    BombClancyBombClancy Sugar Lady Registered User regular

< Rebecca
    ^Joined +1

what do you call a pile of kittens? A meoooowntain!
    itweet
  • Options
    HeadhunterHeadhunter Registered User regular
    Ooh, improv! I'll have to see how the full schedule shakes out, but it sounds like a panel I would like to attend.

"Perception is reality." -unknown
  • Options
    ColdbrewColdbrew Down in Front Productions Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
    Epic Games will be hosting a panel Friday evening showing off Fortnite in action.

http://epicgames.com/community/2012/08/epic-games-at-pax-prime/

NSw0gum.png
  • Options
    Trooper0621Trooper0621 Registered User regular
    Jindrax wrote: »
    Saturday, September 1st

Panel Description:

Panelists: Charlie Tighe (Lead Craftsman, Blue Realm Studios), Xerxes Sangco (Director, The Fallen - A Halo Fan Film), Chris Kraemer (Lead Designer, The Fallen - A Halo Fan Film), Francesa Kraemer (Production Designer, The Fallen - A Halo Fan Film), Holly Conrad (Commander, Crabcat Industries), Jessica Merizan (XO, Crabcat Industries), Professor Paul Denigris (Produer, Red Sand - A Mass Effect Fan Film), Caleb Evans (Writer-Director, Red Sand - A Mass Effect Fan Film), Jared Potter (Director, Machinima), Eisen Feuer (Producer, Eisen Feuer), Carl Holmes (Composer, Eisen Feuer)

This one sounds wicked awesome. I can't wait to get the schedule on guidebook and book mark this panel.

Just wanted to give a small update on this one.

In order to allow enough time for all speakers to participate, we've moved off Charlie Tight, Holly Conrad, and Jessica Merizan from the panel. With the number of people participating, everyone would have had less than 5 minutes to say anything! Believe me, it was not an easy decision to make as I'd really love to hear their input on filmmaking, but the remaining speakers are still very interesting. Check out the updated list on the FB event page as well as the films that everyone has worked on.

Hopefully this years panel will be success and allow for more similar panels in the future. With the amount of interest that this panel ended up generating, I'd love to split it up into two parts possibly, one that deals more with the theoreticals of filmmaking (translating the story, how to handle characters and lore, how true to stick to source material, etc) and another dealing with the practical challenges (Practical vs digital effects, effect of web television on distribution, legal relationships, etc.).

• Options
    SumiSumi Abbotsford, BCRegistered User regular
    Standard Action, it's a webseries.
  • Options
    KomiKomi Registered User regular
    I feel so.. overwhelmed looking at it. oh man.

-PAX Prime 2014-
    [x]In awe that my 30 minute badge window prediction was pretty close to accurate.
    [x]Badge (HOLYCRAPIGOTA4DAY!)
    [x]Hotel
    [ ]Airfare
    [ ]Buttoneering Buttons
    [ ]Challenge Coin
  • Options
    AltDeleteAltDelete Registered User regular
    Friggn' awesome! Does anyone know when the Guidebook App will be updated with all this fine information?

• Options
    shidoshishidoshi Registered User regular
    I get to officially talk about the panel I'm going to be a part of now, which is nice. It's a follow-up to the PAX East one we did, taking some of the things we learned from that, and (hopefully) incorporating more about the community aspect of the topic.
    Press XY To Continue: Transgender Issues In Gaming
    From major franchises like Street Fighter and Resident Evil to quirky cult games like Nier and Catherine, video games have a long history of transgender characters. Our panel of transgender game designers, writers and fans takes a look at how transgender people are depicted in video games, and where the industry is heading in terms of letting players explore gender roles through games.

PANELISTS:
    Charles Battersby [Lead Satirist, U.S. Department of Electronic Entertainment], Kelly Worrall [Producer, Electronic Arts], Rebecca Heineman [Founding Member, Interplay], Jennell Allyn Jaquays [Chief Creative Officer, Olde Skuul], Katelynn Cusanelli [Actress, MTV Networks], Eric L. Patterson [News Editor, EGM Media, LLC]

• Options
    Disco11Disco11 Registered User regular
    Jesus. Welp, time to start on the cloning machine.

PSN: Canadian_llama
  • Options
    VanusVanus Registered User regular
    "Single greatest spectator game ever"

... Chess Boxing?

• Options
    douglasbouttelldouglasbouttell Glasgow, UKRegistered User regular
    AltDelete wrote: »
    Friggn' awesome! Does anyone know when the Guidebook App will be updated with all this fine information?
    I got told by them 2-ish weeks

Douglas Bouttell: Geek, Engineer, Weirdo

PAX East 2013 Status
    Hotel: Waterfront Westin; Flight: Booked; Pass: Purchased; Suitcase: Packed

PAX Prime 2012 Status: Level Complete
    TWDT'12: Hufflepuff OotP
  • Options
    heelsheels Registered User regular
    AltDelete wrote: »

A week or twoooooooooo

< devious1> heels: you are worst idea person ever

http://twitter.com/h_e_e_l_s

www.reedpop.com
  • Options
    itchbayitchbay Self-Rescuing Princess Registered User regular
    Komi wrote: »

I know, right? But... but... I wanna go to all the panels.

This happens to me every year. And then, when I actually get there, I can't be made to leave the freeplay area to actually go to the panels. Doh!

Not *that* kind of princess.
  • Options
    AltDeleteAltDelete Registered User regular
    @douglasbouttell @heels Much appreciated. Oh man oh man PAX IS REAL, PEOPLE

• Options
    FenrisfangFenrisfang Edmonton, AB, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Komi wrote: »

You are not alone! I don't know where to start. lol!

PAX Tickets: check!
    Hotel Booked: check!
    Sitter for the kids: check!
    Excitement level rising: check, check and triple check!
  • Options
    HeadhunterHeadhunter Registered User regular
    So awesome, I'd line up for Khoo Harder right now if I could.

"Perception is reality." -unknown
  • Options
    yanthraxyanthrax boners bonersRegistered User regular
    edited August 2012
    This just made my Friday. Hooray for planning!

Also, what the heck at this:
    Cards Against Humanity
    Bring your best card ideas and pitch them to all eight writers and co-creators of Cards Against Humanity. The best card ideas will make it into the next expansion. The worst card ideas will be mercilessly ridiculed. PLEASE NOTE: Utilikilts will not be permitted in the auditorium.

Are they that big of a problem?

yanthrax on
  • Options
    ohkateyohkatey Owner of Bitch Team Alpha Austin, TXRegistered User regular
    edited August 2012
    just out of curiosity... are more being added? i only ask because there's a TON of awesome panels (and a lot i want to go see!), but i noticed the main theater is surprisingly empty compared to previous years. it's like... make a strip, keynote, omegathon, concerts, and maybe 1-2 other panels. there used to be something there every 1-2 hours, and for pax being this big and this full... well... i was surprised.

ohkatey on
    pax primer @ <3
  • Options
    Kaollasu78Kaollasu78 Portland, OrRegistered User regular
    I looked over it twice, am I blind, no Wheaton panel?

919eoupaoo36.png
  • Options
    The schedule is always potentially fluid.

• Options
    skylatronskylatron Registered User regular
    Kaollasu78 wrote: »
    I looked over it twice, am I blind, no Wheaton panel?

I was surprised about this too. He will be with Acquisitions Inc. though!

• Options
    Sharkey1337Sharkey1337 Registered User regular
    So no Bioware panel? I was really hoping to see some new stuff from them, specifically more info on SWTOR's Free-to-Play model.

• Options
    whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    yanthrax wrote: »
    This just made my Friday. Hooray for planning!

Also, what the heck at this:
    Cards Against Humanity
    Bring your best card ideas and pitch them to all eight writers and co-creators of Cards Against Humanity. The best card ideas will make it into the next expansion. The worst card ideas will be mercilessly ridiculed. PLEASE NOTE: Utilikilts will not be permitted in the auditorium.

Are they that big of a problem?

If Utilikilts were actually banned they'd have a problem with there being enough Enforcers to run the room.

Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
  • Options
    SmashX5000SmashX5000 The Guy Who Draws Things WashingtonRegistered User regular
    Looking forward to a lot of those panels, but mostly the TRG one. Hopefully it'll go better than the one at PAX East.

YouTube | DeviantArt | Tumblr | Formspring | Smash Time - My Webcomic
    PAX Prime Preparations - [X] - Fri-Sun Pass [X] - Panel Schedule [X] - Hype [X]
  • Options
    TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    So no Bioware panel? I was really hoping to see some new stuff from them, specifically more info on SWTOR's Free-to-Play model.

They probably can't afford it.

I was hoping for another open bar like PAX East personally... oh well, maybe it's my fault they have to go F2P!

• Options
    LazorzLazorz Tokyo, JPRegistered User regular
    edited August 2012
    I like the arrangement of musical performers. Now I get to go to the Improv Initiative as well as see Jonathan Coulton! It's a shame I have to miss the Protomen, though.

Gah, I wish there wasn't so much going on at once!

Lazorz on
  • Options
    edgeofbladeedgeofblade Warlock Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    edited August 2012
    Yo Dawg, I heard you liked schedules. So I teased out a CSV copy of the current PAX prime 2012 schedule for your importing pleasure!

See my siggy for linky.

Edit: Yeah I spent all night transforming data. I needed to scratch the OCD itch a little. ...ok alot.

edgeofblade on
    6YJGH2V.png
  • Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    edited August 2012
    I'd like to take this opportunity to say that the PAX site redesign is fucking awesome. The schedule page is just glorious.
    *sees a few things he likes*

*suddenly*

MVC3 TOURNAMENT!?

YO

LET'S GET SALTY

EDIT: Actually, I better make sure I can bring my Hitbox or I won't be able to play.

EDIT: Oh shit, and a CS:GO tourney? Looks like I'll actually be spending a PAX playing video games against others for the first time since the Steel Battalion campaign.

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    tinedizzletinedizzle Kelso, WARegistered User regular
    looking forward to the Gearbox panel, I believe Borderlands 2 will be GOTY!!

• Options
    tinedizzletinedizzle Kelso, WARegistered User regular
    and now that the schedule has been released is there a time frame on when the PAX Map guide will be released?

This discussion has been closed.