As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PRIME] 2012 Challenge Coins - Sold Out

• Options
    SkeleVaderSkeleVader Your Friendly Dark Lord of Destruction Registered User regular
    teopeht wrote: »
    Will there be another run or has the ship already sailed on this years challenge coins?

We still have about 25 coins left. Look at the first post and it has a link for you to order your coin(s).

IhtGIyi.png
  • Options
    VersuserikVersuserik (E) Versuserik Maui HawaiiRegistered User regular
    I think I made a mistake when I said I wanted to pick up my coins at the show... I want shiny goodies in my hands NOW!

PAX PRIME 2015 Status:
    [♦ ] 4 Day Passes
    [♦ ] Hotel
    [ ] Plane Tickets
    [♦]Working my ass off to pay for all this shit.
  • Options
    TMIBTMIB Registered User regular
    Can you check on the status of my coin? It has not arrived yet.

Thanks!

• Options
    SkeleVaderSkeleVader Your Friendly Dark Lord of Destruction Registered User regular
    TMIB wrote: »
    Can you check on the status of my coin? It has not arrived yet.

Thanks!

That's because you are in the second batch of coins, and I have not received them yet.
    Eric with PCC told me they should ship to me late next week. Once I get them I will send them out to the people in the second batch.

IhtGIyi.png
  • Options
    TMIBTMIB Registered User regular
    Gotcha, thanks!

• Options
    Not to alarm anyone, but there are only 5 coins left.

Once these are gone I will start selling the coins from those people who have not paid, are well past their due date, and never contacted me telling me their situation.
    I will make one more attempt to contact those who have not paid before I sell the coin(s) reserved, but if I don't hear anything then they will move on to a more worthy owner.

I am working on a little spread sheet so people can double check to see that they paid.

IhtGIyi.png
  • Options
    teopehtteopeht Registered User regular
    I believe I submitted an order but no email yet. Should I try again?

Ravenclaw fo lyfe.
  • Options

I sent the invoice to you earlier today.
    Check your E-mail and let me know if you didn't get it. If not I will resend the invoice.

IhtGIyi.png
  • Options
    teopehtteopeht Registered User regular
    SkeleVader wrote: »

I sent the invoice to you earlier today.
    Check your E-mail and let me know if you didn't get it. If not I will resend the invoice.

I got it! Payment just made thanks!

Ravenclaw fo lyfe.
  • Options
    svnrdssvnrds Wilmington, NCRegistered User regular
    hey I sent in an order but no invoice. Am I SOL?

PAX Prime 2011 [X] PAX Prime 2012 [X] PAX Prime 2013 [X]

PAX Prime 2014 Checklist:
      Pass [ ] Plane Ticket [ ] Hotel [ ] Hype [X]
  • Options
    svnrds wrote: »
    hey I sent in an order but no invoice. Am I SOL?

You are not SOL yet.
    All the coins are currently spoken for, but some people have not paid for theirs and are way past over due. I have sent a reminder to those people to pay up or their coins will be freed up to the next person.
    Right now you are the next person in line.

IhtGIyi.png
  • Options
    ChronoHawkChronoHawk Registered User regular
    Damnit, looks like I missed this. Filled out the form, hopefully things work out! = /

I am NOT Rider Miller!!!!

enforceruserbarsplitcro.png
    ach.png
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    I mailed all the coins last night so they are on their way.

There are still 22 coins that have not been paid for, so there is a chance those currently on stand-by will get a coin.

Also,
    Since we are at the end of the ordering process I would like to open up the search for volunteers to hand out the coins at Pax.
    I am looking for 4 or 5 people that would be willing to donate some time each day to be available to hand out coins. If you are interested please send me a PM and tell me what you think your rough schedule will be at Pax. Are you attending community events? Are you an Enforcer? etc...?
    Please be 18 or over.

If anyone who was involved in the Pax East coin distribution can give tips to make things go smoothly, it would be greatly appreciated.

SkeleVader on
    IhtGIyi.png
  • Options
    punziepunzie Cookie Pimp Registered User regular
    I've volunteered to help distribute coins. I'm friends with a couple of the guys who did it at East, so I'll ask them for tips.
    One thing I know they did at East was to purposely order extras and make them available for sale at PAX for a higher price point with the extra money going to Child's Play. Do you think that's something you'd be able/willing to do?

HI3789R.png
  • Options
    punzie wrote: »
    I've volunteered to help distribute coins. I'm friends with a couple of the guys who did it at East, so I'll ask them for tips.
    One thing I know they did at East was to purposely order extras and make them available for sale at PAX for a higher price point with the extra money going to Child's Play. Do you think that's something you'd be able/willing to do?
    I would certainly be up for ordering more coins to sell at Pax if they allowed us to do so.
    I'll send the request their way and let everyone know what they say.

IhtGIyi.png
  • Options
    MonsolMonsol Tacoma WA Registered User new member
    I will be there for the entire expo as a wanderer. I would be up to help out. Let me know. I am excited to get my coins as well. :D

• Options
    Zoroark173Zoroark173 Registered User regular
    I wish I could help pass out coins, but alas, I am not 18 yet. Woe is me to be young ;_;

• Options
    BaghdadBeanBaghdadBean Wrench Wench Scio-Lacomb, ORRegistered User regular
    PM sent. I usually work wang shift as an Enforcer, but I'd be happy to donate some time to pass out coins.

• Options
    CadynCadyn Registered User regular
    I just received my coins in the mail today. Thanks so much, SkeleVader. They look great!

• Options
    Here are the chosen volunteers:

@BaghdadBean
    @Crogoth
    @Jenny_Spaghetti
    @punzie
    @skarsol

Tentatively, the way distribution will work is this:
    1. I will post a rough outline of when each of us will be available. This will include community events, specific times during each day, & if they will be available for random meet ups (for example, If I am standing in line for a panel I will send out a tweet letting people know they can come pick up their coin.)
    2. Each person on the Will Call list will need to sign up for which person they think best lines up with their schedule (If you do not choose then you will default to me). Then once the schedule is released (Hopefully early August) I will give a couple of days for any tweaking that may need done to the list and then I will get the coins to each volunteer.
    3. To pick up your coin(s) you will find your volunteer and present ID and let them know your invoice #. (Other means of ID verification can be used as well, such as answering some info you provided when you ordered your coin.)
    4. Once you have picked up your coin(s) the volunteer will mark you complete using Google Docs, or other means if necessary.

This is all tentative and may change in the future once each volunteer weighs in on it.

If anyone has feedback on this plan feel free to let us know.

IhtGIyi.png
  • Options
    spydeyspydey Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    SkeleVader wrote: »
    3. To pick up your coin(s) you will find your volunteer and present ID and let them know your invoice #. (Other means of ID verification can be used as well, such as answering some info you provided when you ordered your coin.)

Good, cause I have no idea what my invoice # was.

**edit**
    I was able to go to the WePay site and get the invoice number. :)

spydey on
    cp468kw5.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    All 350 coins have now been paid for and there will be no more released to the stand-by list. There are only a couple people currently on the list so right now there is no plan to order more.

Currently we have about $150 surplus in the account. If no more coins are ordered my plan is to just turn this over to the Cookie Brigade so it can go to Child's Play.

If we want to order more coins to be sold at Pax for charity, I would need to open a chip in account and raise the difference depending on how many more coins we think could sell at Pax.

100 coins would be $355 (need to raise $200)
    50 coins would be about $220 (need to raise $70) <-- This price is just me guessing, I am waiting on a quote from PCC

If we were to order more coins I would fill the orders on the stand-by list first and then the rest would be available at Pax to sell for charity.

Let me know if anybody would be willing to help chip in money to do another run of coins, for the kids.
    The deadline to make this decision will be August 3rd. I would need to place the order by that day to ensure I got the coins in time.

SkeleVader on
    IhtGIyi.png
  • Options
    ninjahqninjahq Registered User regular
    Received my coin a few days ago, but forgot to post and say, "Thanks!!!" It looks great!

• Options
    BaghdadBeanBaghdadBean Wrench Wench Scio-Lacomb, ORRegistered User regular
    I'm willing to chip in $30 towards a Child's Play run of coins.

• Options
    edited July 2012
    I have set up the Chip in page for anyone interested in donating money to get the Child's Play coins purchased.

http://childsplaychallengecoins.chipin.com/pax-coins-childs-play

I have set the goal at $200 which combined with the excess funds already in the account would buy us 100 additional coins. If we raise less then that I will purchase what ever I can.

SkeleVader on
    IhtGIyi.png
  • Options
    I just sent an E-mail to everyone on the Will Call list giving information on how to pick up your coin(s) at Pax. If you did not get the E-mail here is what it said:

This will serve as instructions on how to pick up your Will Call coin(s) during Pax.
    I have chosen five forum members to help hand out the coins and it is up to you to chose who you would like to get your coin from. To help facilitate your choice I will post their basic schedule here so you can decide. After you have made your decision you will then head over to this Google Form and make your selection.

To pick up your coin(s) from your Will Call Agent you will need to locate them during Pax and provide your forum name (or real name if you don't have one) and your invoice number. If you have lost your invoice number contact me and I will get it to you.

Here are the Will Call Agents & their schedules.

BaghdadBean
    Is an Enforcer, but won't know exact schedule until later. Most likely will be working late shift and line management. And says will try and work LM on Friday morning as well. Will be attending the Rooster Teeth panel and will be available for any late night folks at one point or another.
    Will update location via twitter throughout Pax. Follow here: @BaghdadBean
    Will be at 0330 Waffles most every night Friday-Sunday.

Crogoth
    Will be heading up via the Pax train arriving Thursday evening around 8:45pm, then heading to the TWDT followed by the pre-pax gaming night.
    The events that are concrete are attending the headlining concerts, Omegathon events, & tabletop free play / PC free play. Will be doing Buttoneering & attending the after Pax Buttoneering meet up. Will be tweeting location. Follow here: @Classy_DM

Jenny_Spaghetti
    Will be at the PPD and the TWDT on Thursday night. Will also be attending the Girls' brunch & PPP on Sunday. During Pax a good amount of time will be spent in the BYOC area.
    Will be tweeting location when in lines & will be super easy to find at the front due to a med pass. Follow here: @Jenny_Spaghetti

punzie
    Runs the MMT Wednesday & Thursday. Will be at the pre Pax dinner Thursday night and probably the TWDT after that. May be available Friday morning depending on what work has to be done for the Cookie Brigade. Will likely help work the concert for Cookie Brigade Friday night and can hand out coins at the same time. Will be on two panels Saturday evening (crafting & Cookie Brigade) so if anyone is attending those, hand offs may be possible immediately after each panel. Sunday evening will be at the Sheraton playing games after Pax closes.
    Can also hand out coins anytime when distributing for the Cookie Brigade and will tweet when available. Follow here: @sewingpunzie
    Will also be at the Girls Brunch on Sunday.

skarsol
    Will be at the TWDT in Ravenclaw and at the Buttoneers meet up Sunday at 6. Has also volunteered to devote a half hour each day to hang out in one spot (most likely the Que room) so people can have a predetermined time and location to pick up coins. The time will be announced once the schedule comes out.

SkeleVader
    Will be attending the Pre Pax Board Game Night at the Sheraton on Thursday night. During Pax, will devote a half hour each day to hang out in one spot (most likely the Que room) for people to have a predetermined time and location to pick up coins. Will also tweet location when standing in lines. After Pax will be attending the Post Pax Party on Sunday night and will be taking the return trip of the Pax Train (Just to Olympia). Follow here: @SkeleVader

Now that you have read the schedule of each Agent, please use this Google Form to select who you would like to pick up your coin(s) from.

IhtGIyi.png
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    I would like to buy someones "extra" challenge coin from Prime 2010... I know this probably won't happen, as there is no such thing
    as "extra", but If I don't put it out there it definitely won't happen.
    Prime 2010 was my first PAX and I had no idea there was such a thing as a challenge coin... I know this will not be my last PAX. It has become one of my family's major holiday/traditions. It would be really cool to have coins for every PAX I've attended.

Thanks!

Versuserik on
    PAX PRIME 2015 Status:
    [♦ ] 4 Day Passes
    [♦ ] Hotel
    [ ] Plane Tickets
  • Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Versuserik wrote: »
    I would like to buy someones "extra" challenge coin from Prime 2010... I know this probably won't happen, as there is no such thing
    Prime 2010 was my first PAX and I had no idea there was such a thing as a challenge coin... I know this will not be my last PAX. It has become one of my family's major holiday/traditions. It would be really cool to have coins for every PAX I've attended.

Thanks!

We don't really support that sort of thing on this forum. Maybe you could try trading some PAX Prime 2012 swag for one when the swag trading thread goes up.

• Options
    KellyShepard087KellyShepard087 Myrtle Beach SCRegistered User regular
    edited July 2012
    Looking for @Jenny_Spaghetti at the TWDT. Form filled out and submitted.

KellyShepard087 on
    - Biting's excellent! It's like kissing. Only there's a winner.

Pax Attendee/Enforcer:
    Prime - '11 Attendee, '12 Enforcer, '13 Enforcer
    East - '12 Attendee, '15 Enforcer
  • Options
    zerzhul wrote: »
    Versuserik wrote: »

Thanks!

We don't really support that sort of thing on this forum. Maybe you could try trading some PAX Prime 2012 swag for one when the swag trading thread goes up.

I thought that might be the case... sorry about that.
    Great suggestion (Trading thread)- I'll try then- seems alot more appropriate!

PAX PRIME 2015 Status:
    [♦ ] 4 Day Passes
    [♦ ] Hotel
    [ ] Plane Tickets
  • Options
    bacon_avengerbacon_avenger Defender of Pork Products Pacific NW, USARegistered User regular
    Going to be hunting down ;)@Jenny_Spaghetti in the BYOC area. Following on twitter, form filled out and submitted. \o/

PAX Prime 2022 Checklist:[ ]Hotel [ ]Time Off [ ]Bobcats [ ]Challenge Coin [ ]Forum Badge
    eIMwu3s.png
  • Options
    Jenny_SpaghettiJenny_Spaghetti I am 3 ginger midgets in a trench coat. Calgary, CanadalandRegistered User regular
    And in case anyone will be looking for me at the TWDT, I did get in. SLYTHERIN DE FTW. :)

• Options
    FenrisfangFenrisfang Edmonton, AB, CanadaRegistered User regular
    I will be hunting @Jenny_Spaghetti down at the dinner. Guess I will be looking for some Slytherin colors then?

PAX Tickets: check!
    Hotel Booked: check!
    Sitter for the kids: check!
    Excitement level rising: check, check and triple check!
  • Options
    th3goatth3goat Vancouver, CanadaRegistered User regular
    I'm guessing I'm out of luck for getting a coin still? I filled out the stand by form, but, was hoping to get one for myself and my girlfriend. I'm rather new to the forums so I feel like I've been missing out the previous two PAX now!

• Options
    kemikalkemikal Registered User regular
    Jenny_Spaghetti, it looks like you are the target of choice, as I too will be hunting you down. Though most likely I'll be doing so at the girls' brunch on Sunday. ;)

Assassin's Ball, Prime '13: @CowboyVerse
    TWDT '13: Hufflepuff OotP
  • Options
    punziepunzie Cookie Pimp Registered User regular
    I will be at the TWDT. Ravenclaw DE.

HI3789R.png
  • Options
    adesteradester Registered User regular
    Coin reserved. Oh and I'll be Hufflepuff again (OotP). :D

• Options
    DashDDashD Dread Pirate Chef Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    @Jenny_Spaghetti, I, too, will be looking for you at the women's brunch to collect my coins

"Brilliant! Oh wait, if we were meant to fly, we would have been born with little bags of nuts."
    PAX_Badge_Sig.png
  • Options
    I went ahead and ordered an another 50 coins since there was a bit of a bump in the stand-by list this past week. Right now there are 30 coins left.

IhtGIyi.png
This discussion has been closed.