As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Dungeon Fighter Online]: Free-to-play Brawler MMO...With Anime!

2»

• Al BaronAl Baron Registered User regular
    Al Baron wrote:
    Was there a contest for getting your male fighter to level 20?
    Yeah, that's going on right now; you have 'till the 12th of January.

Is it the hat trick thing?
    Nope, something else:

xRHRN.png

steam_sig.png
  • Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    so, I hit level 70

3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Bravo, I'd high five you in game but apparently, Washington state has left the continental US.

• Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    so wish another company owned this game

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
    also: i finally fixed my persistent connection issues with other players by forwarding port 5063

totes open to run people through shit like ancient dungeons for awakening etc

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    So, I'm going to bump this up because this game is a ton of fun and I wish more PA people were playing. Look for me on Tchel or Tchelle in game if you have any questions or are looking for a guild.

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
    times like this why I love this game
    chronoscannon.png

also who even plays this from pa anyway, is there a pa guild?

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • AvynteAvynte Registered User regular
    Is this game at all comfortable with a keyboard? Or do I need to be rocking a 360 controller to enjoy it.

ECOED.jpg
    I play with a keyboard, it's comfortable once you get your keys set up
    and more convenient than a 360 controller since hotkeying a letter to a skill is faster than inputting like a fighting game

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • LednehLedneh shinesquawk Registered User regular
    Gonna resurrect this to ask a question. I'm gonna start playing again when the next patch with the resolution increase comes out, but I'm not sure about what I want to play this time around. Since my style in any game where it applies is "hit them once so god damn hard you don't need a second swing", does anything in this game apply that idea or is the game pretty heavily multi-hit based?

The game is built around multi-hits, but if you want some BIG SMASHing type characters: Check out, Elementalist (big explosions), Launcher (Cannons, Grenade Launchers, Gravity Cannons, etc.), Grappler (Grabs), and perhaps with the male mage Elemental Bomber (though I'm not 100% sure at all).

I'm going to make a glacier master when the next patch hits, so I'm a bit excited.

• RubycatRubycat Registered User regular
    I'm checking this out, and have so far made a Slayer named "Ruycatch".. One major question though, is it possible to resize the game in windowed mode? its tiny and I run a 17in flatscreen.

steam_sig.png
    PSN: Rubycat3 / NintentdoID: Rubycat
    you can't resize the window sadly. Next update will increase the size of the resolution from 640/480 to 800/600, but yea you gotta run full screen sadly.

Which subclass are ya going for?

I don't know yet. ill have to read up on that stuff a bit.. I'm creeping up to lv14 so far.

steam_sig.png
  • MarsloMarslo is, the dirty frenchmen MontrealRegistered User regular
    giving this a shot as well.

edited June 2012
    Made it to lv18. still no idea what to subclass as a slayer.
    -Edit-
    Went Asura, I read they were a fairly good low cost class.

Rubycat on
    steam_sig.png
    Ladies and Classy Gents, you can now play DFO via Steam.

I'd recommend it. If you have any questions hunt me down on my Rogue Tchelle (who hit 70 yay) or my Glacier Master to be, Glacys.

• RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    I play DFO. A lot. Me and my friends run a guild that is just the five of us. We have many, many characters and lots of money. We've been on DFO since its maximum level was 40. I'm levelling a new Grandmaster with the Revolution patch. I'm not sure how open our operations are to new people but I am available to teach people/help out if needed. You can PM me on the forums.

If you're looking to get an idea of what any of the classes do, this is the resource I use:

http://wiki.dfo-world.com/

• MrVyngaardMrVyngaard Live From New Etoile Straight Outta SosariaRegistered User regular
    I keep getting a "data not correct" error when using the Steam version, even after reinstalling the client. Any ideas on fixing it? I was really hoping to be able to get into this a bit more now that it's on Steam.

"now I've got this mental image of caucuses as cafeteria tables in prison, and new congressmen having to beat someone up on inauguration day." - Raiden333
    camo_sig2.png
    never seen that error before. They are doing maintenance today though, so that could be your issue.

• ZombieSheepZombieSheep Registered User regular
    Soooo, how do you beat Tower of Illusion's last boss, the guy with bunch of dragon summons? Going after the summons don't help because he summons them back almost right away, attacking him is a crap shot with the dragon helping him plus his no cool down dash attack. He can juggle me to death from full health and there is nothing I can do about it but sit there and watch. I would totally give up and go do something else but it's my sub class unlocking quest.

What class? A lot of your strat depends on that. I'd say the easiest option is to rush him to prevent Overdrive from getting up. You'll want to use a launcher of some nature to get the dragons up in the air, so they won't bother you while you kill him. Worst case scenario, upgrade your weapon.

• ZombieSheepZombieSheep Registered User regular
    Looks like upgrading weapon did the trick, thanks.

so i'm playing this again. my male mage is Pippington, and my main is Corgi

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • QuintessinQuintessin Registered User regular
    Just started seriously playing, never gave it a fair chance. My Asura is just about 50 (will be before the end of tonight), and have been playing with my friend, who is a Monk. We've been steam-rolling through stuff and having a good time, but we have no guild and know no one. If any of you guys are in active guilds or something...

• QuintessinQuintessin Registered User regular
    Urgh, Awakening is expensive. Something around 2.5m or so to get all the mats. Damn cubes. I only have like, a third of that.

• cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    I really enjoyed this when started playing. Right up my alley. Love my grappler but could never get groups. Which is really where the game shines. Then the thief came out and I fell in love with the necromancer. Mostly cause now I could solo. I tried to go back to it a few months back but there was literally no one in the area I was in so no groups at all. No point in playing when there is no one your level to play with. And no fun to just get carried through levels.

May try the steam thing tho. See if there is a low level pop surge.

cptrugged on
    w/the new male mage and steam stuff, the population grew quite a bit.

• heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    Oh wow. I just got back into this after quite a long hiatus. Alot has changed. I went though an entire dungeon before I realized most of my skills had been reset.

Also I am no longer competent at the game.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Wowza, so I finally got around to the game again since earlier this year. I know it's the same game, but all the changes make it feel new again from a learn-how perspective.

I got too used to the game being big and pixely (I don't say "pixely" in a negative way), so the perspective change of your character being smaller in the window is... I actually don't like it. I do like the system of buying stat gains from points earned from quests, that rules (I guess that was the stat modification that was talked about before this all happened). What I don't like is the sorting of skills when you're buying, but maybe that's just my old-man syndrome coming in.

On weapons, what is the "base attack" stat? This is very much a new number and I don't know how it factors into things. It used to just be Physical and Magic attack ratings.

Also I hate the change to the fighter's hair.

• HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    So hey, the Avenger is here now. There's an event going on where completing the class change gives you a permanent avatar that changes your weapon's look. And apparently at level 30 you get another avatar item from the sound of things.

As for the Avenger itself, it feels a lot like the Soulbender from the Slayer. Which is to say, shadow magic based characters are pretty awful. They have a weird mechanic where you build up a resource bar with normal attacks, and when you hit z, x, or c (yes c, the jump button) during any of your special move, a special attack is performed at the same time using that resource. And I think you can use that special attack multiple times in the same special move.

Still, you're having to pound at enemies a lot just to get that resource bar up and it's slow and a pain in the ass.