As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Phalla]- Game of Secrets-use the other thread!

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    Is there someone out there with more stable internet than I have right now that would mind quoting/analyzing Exarch's posts, that would be helpful.

vagrant_winds on
    // Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Mill

Trying this again. I believe there's at least one mafia in that three-person Infidel wagon.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    CayrusCayrus Consul Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears!Registered User regular
    I agree that the Infy vote seemed odd and that at least one of the mafia tried to force it into a wagon, so I'll vote for Anialos.

Former Secret Service Agent Nathaniel Ford in Call of Cthulhu: Whispers in the Darkness

Henri Emmanuel Gratien St Pierre in Where No Man Has Gone Before

Lord Augustus Cumberbatch in Eclipse Phase
  • Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    Is there someone out there with more stable internet than I have right now that would mind quoting/analyzing Exarch's posts, that would be helpful.

Not a whole lot to work with, unfortunately. He made a grand total of four posts in this thread, and that's including his sign-up post. Two votes: Chamberlain on day 1, Trueneverborn yesterday, and a late day 1 post saying something like "lots of activity for a day 1, could be useful later". About all I think we can take from his body of work is that TNB is _probably_ village-aligned. (still being dumb, though)

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
    MegafrostMegafrost Leader of the Decepticons Registered User regular
    Exarch has posted a grand total of 4 times in this thread, and one of those was his sign-up.
    Exarch wrote: »
    Chamberlain - Eddie Izzard because I'm pretty sure we're out of cake.
    Quite a bit of activity to examine at least. Not bad for day one.
    Hum. Still not feeling strongly about anyone just yet, gonna go with Trueneverborn for lack of better ideas.

Not a lot of content to those posts. Basically only have the vote history to look at. He was the only one to vote for Chamberlain on day 1 and Chamberlain died to the mafia that night. He joined the TrueNeverborn wagon on day 2. Other players who joined that bandwagon:

Anialos
    Bluecyan
    enlightenedbum
    Megafrost (<-- I know that person!)
    romanqwerty
    Smoove Operator

There has been lots of speculation on Anialos already. Not sure what to think of Bluecyan and enlightenedbum. I voted TrueNeverborn primarily in protest to the Retaba vote, take that as you will. Romanqwerty and Smoove Operator have been consistently voting for TrueNeverborn each day. Doing this on day 1 isn't too weird, but days 2 & 3 they have continued to vote for him with the only explanation being that they did so the previous day.

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Its been a while since I've seen defenestration in a phalla.
    Where did sportz try and infiltrate the network?? In a pm?

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    Yeah sure, you may have gone and found the quotes and provided more detailed analysis, but I was FIRST, damnit... :P

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    38thDoe wrote: »

Perhaps someone sent him a link to the proboards and he pvt in an application?

• Options
    M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    ah good ol zandracon

anyhow i'm going to change my vote now for Warban

• Options
    KilnagaKilnaga Registered User regular
    This thread didn't move very far while I was asleep. :(

"The psychedelic mind is a higher dimensional mind, it is not fit for three dimensional space time."
    - Terence McKenna
  • Options
    sportzboytjwsportzboytjw squeeeeeezzeeee some more tax breaks outRegistered User regular

Perhaps someone sent him a link to the proboards and he pvt in an application?

No, I haven't done that.

Walkerdog on MTGO
    TylerJ on League of Legends (it's free and fun!)
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Kilnaga wrote: »
    This thread didn't move very far while I was asleep. :(

Indeed.

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    AnialosAnialos Collies are love, Collies are life! Shadowbrook ColliesRegistered User regular
    I'm just sitting here shaking my head as villagers insist on wasting their vote. Oh well!

• Options
    ZandraconZandracon Registered User regular
    are you a special person

the specialest!?

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Anialos wrote: »
    I'm just sitting here shaking my head as villagers insist on wasting their vote. Oh well!

To be fair, yov are also talking abovt shaking yovr head. This is an additional thing. It mvst be covnted. Everything mvst be covnted.
    (I typed an e-mail at work today and withovt even thinking, swapped the v into words. Help me)

• Options
    MillMill Registered User regular
    I'm just going to throw out that my secret, which turned out to be a vig kill, was wasted on someone the mafia killed. If I was mafia, I wouldn't have done that.

I'm going with Anialos based on the analysis provided by spool.

• Options
    sportzboytjwsportzboytjw squeeeeeezzeeee some more tax breaks outRegistered User regular

Anialos. Give us an impassioned defense.

Or post less frequently so I can eat you.

Walkerdog on MTGO
    TylerJ on League of Legends (it's free and fun!)
  • Options
    If you have a criminal acts secret, send me a reminder PM please.

Steam profile
  • Options
    AnialosAnialos Collies are love, Collies are life! Shadowbrook ColliesRegistered User regular

Anialos. Give us an impassioned defense.

Or post less frequently so I can eat you.

Nah, no impassioned defense. Just point out that spool's analysis of me missed a post, and let it go. My power was used to give us a Kime overlord, my work is done. If the village wants me dead, so be it.

• Options
    MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular
    Have I voted?

I don't think I've voted.

Lucedes

• Options
    Note to self (read: you guys).

Mafia wouldn't use one-shot powers blindly.
    Mafia also wouldn't use a public seering on a green.

=> Anialos is a bad vote.

• Options
    kime

Sorry, wouldn't normally, but I need to make sure I vote. And, honestly, it's a bit early. And my vote will have too much influence.

Steam profile
  • Options
    MrTLicious wrote: »

They may, to see what happens. Especially when he didn't know it would be a public seering.

Steam profile
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    I don't like the Anialos very much. I think I will choose Mill pending further developments.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    kime wrote: »
    kime

Sorry, wouldn't normally, but I need to make sure I vote. And, honestly, it's a bit early. And my vote will have too much influence.

Is this a network call? :p

• Options
    Orange SodaOrange Soda Registered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    @Orange Soda your post inspired me. Is that the sort of thing you were looking to see?

Yes Spool, I am very proud of you. You are among my favoritest of people right now.

• Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    *I don't like the Anialos vote very much*

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    BluecyanBluecyan Buzz.. Buzz Buzz? BUZZ! Buzz buzz BuzzRegistered User regular
    I agree with you Mr.T, but the next two highest voted options are Mill, who is in a similar predicament as Anialos and the other is me, who is me. Do you have some reason for picking Lucedes?

• Options
    Mill wrote: »
    I'm just going to throw out that my secret, which turned out to be a vig kill, was wasted on someone the mafia killed. If I was mafia, I wouldn't have done that.

I'm going with Anialos based on the analysis provided by spool.

I don't think that is necessarily true. The mafia could very well have used that as a safe way to test out the mechanic itself.

All you would have needed was some kind of clarification about the order of actions or that the mafia kill could stack with powers.

We cannot gain any insight into your mafia-ness from that action.

I do however mostly agree with you that it would not be an ideal mafia play... You are less on my watch list than others are.

• Options
    MrTLicious wrote: »

This isn't necessarily true. It is unlikely that ANYONE would have known that the public seer would also reveal the person who used the secret. That could have been an unwelcomed surprise for the mafia.

I'm not saying anialos is mafia or not (i'm frankly on the fence about it.... i think others are more suspicious and a better vote). Just don't get into such a black and white way of thinking as to what the mafia might think is a good idea.

• Options
    stever777stever777 AFK most Saturdays Registered User regular
    I can't vote for someone else on the Infy BW.
    I loved that BW.

Lucedes

Hosting Android: Netrunner - Thread 2: The Revenge

The Black Hole of Cygnus X-1
  • Options
    And by reveal, I mean their name written in narration without any indication of their alignment... just that they used their secret

• Options
    I would bet the moon that the mafia are not going to waste one-shot powers when they do not know what they do.

Especially when they can use the abilities to prohibit them from village use later when the village is more organized.

It's just not happening.

I have no real reasoning on Lucedes except that I saw a few votes on her (?)

• Options
    Bluecyan wrote: »
    I agree with you Mr.T, but the next two highest voted options are Mill, who is in a similar predicament as Anialos and the other is me, who is me. Do you have some reason for picking Lucedes?

Lucedes vote is because they posted 3 nonsenses posts in a row, one of which was a vote without reasoning... right after we were talking about how we should give reasoning for our votes.

I took it to be more of an ironic/silly post than something that was seriously suspicious. But you know... my vote is still on you... so... kinda awkward because I still think votes on you are way better than any other alternative right now... :)

• Options
    kime wrote: »
    If you have a criminal acts secret, send me a reminder PM please.

No more, I searched through my PMs. You all suck at reminding me of things though.

Steam profile
  • Options
    stever777stever777 AFK most Saturdays Registered User regular
    kime, remember me?

Hosting Android: Netrunner - Thread 2: The Revenge

The Black Hole of Cygnus X-1
  • Options
    Never ever

Steam profile
  • Options
    BluecyanBluecyan Buzz.. Buzz Buzz? BUZZ! Buzz buzz BuzzRegistered User regular
    Bluecyan wrote: »

Lucedes vote is because they posted 3 nonsenses posts in a row, one of which was a vote without reasoning... right after we were talking about how we should give reasoning for our votes.

I took it to be more of an ironic/silly post than something that was seriously suspicious. But you know... my vote is still on you... so... kinda awkward because I still think votes on you are way better than any other alternative right now... :)

Hey, no worries, I've had orange soda on me before, it stains a little but I'll survive. At least you have have a valid reason for your vote.

• Options
    REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington The Exploding ManRegistered User regular

This was in relation to an exchange that was occurring very early in the day with kime where he subtly added a "me too" into it after kime asked Infidel to get in touch. It was subtle, but I took it as his way of saying "let me in the network" without his being confirmed. Will quote shortly...

• Options
    KilnagaKilnaga Registered User regular
    I don't like the anialos vote at all either. The reasons for voting for him at the moment are silly. If we are all insisting that we must pick from that short list of players involved in that specific time frame of the bandwagon, my choice from the list is going to be Mill. Yes, Mill already used up the fancy secret power and it happened to hit on a target the mafia were already killing. Mill's defense was that if he was mafia he wouldn't have wasted his secret on a target he knew was dying, but I can see where testing the secret that way could be beneficial. We had no way of knowing what those secrets would do Day 1, and testing it on somebody who would be shortly removed could be useful over testing it on someone and have the chance they'd still be around as a link back to you.

"The psychedelic mind is a higher dimensional mind, it is not fit for three dimensional space time."
    - Terence McKenna