As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

MOTW 08/01/12 - Is this a real theeng?

UltimateInfernoUltimateInferno Registered User regular
edited August 2012 in Graphic Violence
Ultimate Comics Spider-Man #13 Batroc vs Spider-Man!
ZtfXV.jpg

pi5Ex.jpg

msKv8.jpg

Hawkeye #1 was a fantastic issue, and a loved the little ending thing. I'm hoping it'll stay in it's own corner of the mavel univserse and not interact too much with the other heroes.
MbAA3.jpg

Avengers vs X-Men #9 takes the whole set of avengers to beat one member of the Phoenix Five, Spider-Man by himself takes out two.
uQvQO.jpg

"Ride or Die?" asked Goku

"Ride or Die" confirmed Dominic Toretto, as they took off to find the Dragon Balls in hopes of reviving their friend Sonic
UltimateInferno on

• KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    I may actually have to pick up AvX 9. Always love me some Spidey.

• TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    Defenders #9 is the best thing ever
    defenders_9_1.png

defenders_9_2.png
    Look at Fury! Look at him!

The issue is really channeling the final battle in an old-school Bond movie

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • UltimateInfernoUltimateInferno Registered User regular
    Action Comics #12 Morrison's final 4/5 issues are going to be very interesting, but the motw is Superman preforming super surgery
    Ye8yo.jpg

jqu25.jpg

WcttX.jpg

"Ride or Die?" asked Goku

"Ride or Die" confirmed Dominic Toretto, as they took off to find the Dragon Balls in hopes of reviving their friend Sonic
  • TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    The final page from Hawkeye #1, it's like the end of Homeward Bound:
    hawkeye1a.jpg

Daredevil #16, Matt done gone stepped into the crazy pool again:
    daredevil16a.jpg

Matt was gone for nine days, and thinks Foggy's upset about the cases, but this is worse:

daredevil16b.jpg

daredevil16c.jpg

Matt is a guy who had a breakdown so bad he dressed up as three different Daredevils, this isn't as out of the blue as you would think, but it's not Brubaker levels of depressing.

• ryvenryven Registered User regular
    ZtfXV.jpg

pi5Ex.jpg

msKv8.jpg

Hawkeye #1 was a fantastic issue, and a loved the little ending thing. I'm hoping it'll stay in it's own corner of the mavel univserse and not interact too much with the other heroes.
    MbAA3.jpg

Avengers vs X-Men #9 takes the whole set of avengers to beat one member of the Phoenix Five, Spider-Man by himself takes out two.
    uQvQO.jpg

question about avx
    so did they give up after spidermans little talk, or what happened next? :D

ryven wrote: »
    ZtfXV.jpg

pi5Ex.jpg

msKv8.jpg

MbAA3.jpg

uQvQO.jpg

question about avx
    so did they give up after spidermans little talk, or what happened next? :D
    They turn on each other, both go down and their Phoenix powers are transferred to Scott and Emma

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    I'm hoping they put that in Vs. or something because if not, off-screen shenanigans are laaaame.

• jkylefultonjkylefulton Squid...or Kid? NNID - majpellRegistered User regular
    I hope Fraction is setting up Hawkeye to become the new Dog Brother #1.

tOkYVT2.jpg
    I hope Fraction is setting up Hawkeye to become the new Dog Brother #1.

That would be sweet

• BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    What

no

that would be super dumb

the whole feel Fraction is going for is "70s era street level urban action" he's said as much in interviews

having Clint become an immortal weapon of a heavenly city and have magic kung-fu powers aren't really jiving with that

CYpGAPn.png
    Well yeah, I don't want the tone of the book to change to mystical or for Clint to gain powers

I was more thinking about Clint filling in for DB#1 in a future Iron Fist or Immortal Weapons book

Hawkeye basically has superhuman aiming / "I can kill anyone with anything" powers at this point. And now he's collecting a bunch of strays.

tOkYVT2.jpg
  • ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    I was kind of out of the marvel loop for a few years, but do pretty much all the telepaths/telekinetics get psychic knives now? Was there a sale on mental cutlery or something?

Teensy AvX spoiler:
    Wasn't expecting to see Xavier dual wielding psychic knives there. Guess he needed to add to his dps?

I think I prefer Quentin's approach to psychic weaponry though.

• BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Hawkeye basically has superhuman aiming / "I can kill anyone with anything" powers at this point. And now he's collecting a bunch of strays.
    He has one dog

you're being silly

CYpGAPn.png
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    He has one dog

you're being silly

He's now adopted one dog....and an apartment building full of people. He's building up his pack!

tOkYVT2.jpg
  • HenslerHensler Registered User regular
    He has one dog

you're being silly

He's now adopted one dog....and an apartment building full of people. He's building up his pack!

Hawkeye secretly got bitten by Cap Wolf back in the day, and has been hiding his werewolf side ever since.

Gruenwald had a lot of wacky shit going on during his Cap run.

tOkYVT2.jpg
    I was kind of out of the marvel loop for a few years, but do pretty much all the telepaths/telekinetics get psychic knives now? Was there a sale on mental cutlery or something?

Teensy AvX spoiler:
    Wasn't expecting to see Xavier dual wielding psychic knives there. Guess he needed to add to his dps?

I think I prefer Quentin's approach to psychic weaponry though.

That was something new, never saw Xavier do that before outside of the Astral Plane. To be honest I never understood how Psylocke seemed to be the only one able to do it for so long.

• BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Hawkeye #1 was my motw. if the next issue is this good it might become my new favorite solo series

• ManetherenWolfManetherenWolf Registered User regular
    wow. Hawkeye was FANTASTIC. This could easily be Immortal Iron Fist 2.0

• durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    I will read anything with Fraction and Aja, they pair up so nice.

I wish the industry was more amenable to semi-permanent writer/artist pairs. It makes such a difference.

Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular
    He has one dog
    Give him time...

steam_sig.png
    EVERYBODY WANTS TO SIT IN THE BIG CHAIR, MEG!
  • HadjiQuestHadjiQuest Registered User regular
    Duuuudes, the JSA coming together in Earth 2 #4 was so rad.

I am totally jazzed.

• Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Man, Ultimate Batroc's accent is way less fun than Classic Batroc's.

• WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    literally every single person needs to read hawkeye

• ArmorocArmoroc Registered User regular
    Hullis wrote: »
    literally every single person needs to read hawkeye

add me to the list!

Hawkeye makes me want a stand-alone Hawkeye movie

• chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Man, Ultimate Batroc's accent is way less fun than Classic Batroc's.

Ultimate Batroc is inferior in every way to Classic Batroc.

Then again, who isn't?

• CadeCade Eppur si muove.Registered User regular
    Batroc is about as awesome a villain as Toad.
    That means he's not awesome.

Cade wrote: »
    Batroc is about as awesome a villain as Toad.
    That means he's not awesome.

batroc08.jpg

Batroc is the greatest

• GreenGreen Stick around. I'm full of bad ideas.Registered User regular
    How do you even pronounce that? Bat rock? Baroque with a t in it?

Bah-troh if I remember correctly

I always pronounce it ba-trock.

This could be just like Lex Luthor, where half the world says lew-THOR, and the other half is lew-thur (I side with the latter)

I always just read it Bat-rock

• durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    It's important that you mispronounce it, so he gets mad at you and corrects you. It's common courtesy to mispronounce French so Francophiles have the pleasure of calling you a dummy.

Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
    So I was curious how Matt Fraction felt about Hawkeye's love life, and I found this:

http://www.theouthousers.com/index.php/features/interviews/19132-the-matt-fraction-mega-interview-hawkeye-casanova-and-more.html
    OH: When discussing Hawkeye, it's important to bring up his colorful history with the ladies of the Marvel Universe. Do you plan on bringing in the Hawkeye/Mockingbird/Spider-Woman triangle from Brian Bendis's Avengers' series in your new book? Will any other past flames show up to make Hawkeye's life more difficult?

MF: Oh yeah, it's very much a part of Clint's car crash of a life. I don't know about past flames; I'd rather move forward. Mockingbird will be a big one.

OH: Who do you feel Clint should be with: Spider-Woman or Mockingbird? (There is a right and a wrong answer to this!)

MF: Neither.

Sounds like he's got plans for a new love interest maybe?

• HenslerHensler Registered User regular
    Is Young Avengers Hawkeye legal? Fraction said she'd be in the book.

Fraction's not Chuck Austen, dude.

• lunchbox12682lunchbox12682 MinnesotaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2012
    Hullis wrote: »
    Batroc is the greatest
    Whatever. Someone post the scan of (edit:er... Taskmaster) mocking the daughter of Batroc and whoever.

Edit: I said Deadpool instead of Tasky as a test. Yes... a test.

lunchbox12682 on