As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Phalla]- Game of Secrets-use the other thread!

• BluecyanBluecyan Buzz.. Buzz Buzz? BUZZ! Buzz buzz BuzzRegistered User regular
    edited August 2012
    What does the ! in front of names do exactly?

Updated from Megafrosts post.

Anialos: 8 (spool32, alegis, The Anonymous, Diorinix, Cayrus, Mill, vagrant_winds, Infidel)
    Mill: 4 (Anialos, vagrant_winds, Kilnaga, INANTP, tzeentchling)
    Bluecyan: 2 (Orange Soda, adventfalls)
    TrueNeverborn: 2 (romanqwerty, Smoove Operator)
    Lucedes: 1 (MrTLicious, stever777)
    Tzeentchling 4 (shalmelo, enlightenedbum, MrTLicious, Premium)
    Adventfalls: 2 (The Ender, Bluecyan)
    REG Rysk: 1 (Lucedes)
    Warban: 1 (M.D.)
    Psolms: 1 (TrueNeverborn)
    The Ender: 1 (TheRoadVirus)
    sportz: 1 (REG Rysk)
    Zandracon: 1 (Megafrost)
    kime: 1 (kime)

Bluecyan on
  • MegafrostMegafrost Leader of the Decepticons Registered User regular
    Slight miscount there. Anialos has 8, not 7

• M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    made searching for votes easier I believe?

I can't recall anymore. Anyhow going back to my guesses, I still think anialos and mill need to be further investigated.

• MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular
    Infidel wrote: »
    MrTLicious wrote: »
    As you know I'm adamantly opposed to both the Anialos and Mill wagons, so in desperation, I give you, tzeentchling

That is because you are bad at game theory.

Not to get into this again, but can you explain why rather than just stating so?

I promise I will say no more on the topic regardless of your response.

• PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    M.D. wrote: »
    made searching for votes easier I believe?

I can't recall anymore. Anyhow going back to my guesses, I still think anialos and mill need to be further investigated.

I think that was it, also with the mandatory retractions I guess

• InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    Back in the day you had to walk uphill both ways in the snow.

!vote Infidel
    !retract Infidel

etc.

With retractions becoming optional more and more (because it made things easier) it got turned from !vote Infidel to just simply !Infidel.

And now even the ! is losing hold.

I feel so old.

OrokosPA.png
  • stever777stever777 AFK most Saturdays Registered User regular
    Infidel wrote: »
    That is because you are bad at game theory.

Not to get into this again, but can you explain why rather than just stating so?

I promise I will say no more on the topic regardless of your response.

Uh oh.

Hosting Android: Netrunner - Thread 2: The Revenge

The Black Hole of Cygnus X-1
  • 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Kilnaga wrote: »
    I don't like the anialos vote at all either. The reasons for voting for him at the moment are silly. If we are all insisting that we must pick from that short list of players involved in that specific time frame of the bandwagon, my choice from the list is going to be Mill. Yes, Mill already used up the fancy secret power and it happened to hit on a target the mafia were already killing. Mill's defense was that if he was mafia he wouldn't have wasted his secret on a target he knew was dying, but I can see where testing the secret that way could be beneficial. We had no way of knowing what those secrets would do Day 1, and testing it on somebody who would be shortly removed could be useful over testing it on someone and have the chance they'd still be around as a link back to you.

This post strikes me as off. So, Kilnaga for now.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

GAME THEORY
    Note to self (read: you guys).

Mafia wouldn't use one-shot powers blindly.
    Mafia also wouldn't use a public seering on a green.

=> Anialos is a bad vote.

A power on a mafia, unknown or not, is probably bad.

You either know the powers involved, or will guess. Vig, guard, seer, etc.

You don't really need the guard on a mafia all that much. It isn't worth the risk, at least.

So, you target a villager. Easy, cause you're the fucking mafia and know who is mafia or isn't.

Vig? Success! Helps attrition and also denies a vig on a potential mafia.

Guard? Wasted village guard, since you knew who you were targeting and weren't going to be stupid enough to target them with a kill.

Seer? If someone is going to be seered, you want it to be a villager rather than a mafia. This isn't novel.

Some other power? Well you can speculate, but it would be just that, and the common thread is?

Secrets targeting a villager is the safest overall for the mafia, and usage denies a villager from using like-power against a potential mafia.

What the power is, and the fore-knowledge, is moot.

OrokosPA.png
  • KilnagaKilnaga Registered User regular
    The post made more sense in my head when I was thinking it. Rereading it like that I'm not quite sure I know what the hell I was talking about.

"The psychedelic mind is a higher dimensional mind, it is not fit for three dimensional space time."
    - Terence McKenna
  • CythraulCythraul Registered User regular
    Anialos for a clear lead.

Hate that we're shortstaffed at work, these hours suck :|

Steam
    Confusion will be my epitaph
    ok now im thinking even more crazyiness what if they knew what each secret type did and elected to use the kill secret on someone they were going to kill so it looked like people wouldnt think the person who used the kill was mafia, because why would they double it up??

anyhow mill and anialos are up on the chopping block so I should stop with thinking any further

• AnialosAnialos Collies are love, Collies are life! Shadowbrook ColliesRegistered User regular
    If Infidel needs me to die for reasons, then so be it! Anialos

• BluecyanBluecyan Buzz.. Buzz Buzz? BUZZ! Buzz buzz BuzzRegistered User regular
    edited August 2012
    M.D. wrote: »
    ok now im thinking even more crazyiness what if they knew what each secret type did and elected to use the kill secret on someone they were going to kill so it looked like people wouldnt think the person who used the kill was mafia, because why would they double it up??

anyhow mill and anialos are up on the chopping block so I should stop with thinking any further

I don't really see any evidence that they know what secrets do any more than we do. If they did, then most likely they would probably hold off till later, when they can use it to great effect. An extra kill turn 5 would absolutely change the balance of the game. On the other hand, a seer power for the mafia especially later on, so it would be the better ability to throw away turn one.

Not saying I believe Anialos is mafia, I would have figured they wouldn't want to make someone like Kime (assumed from reputation) the head of the village on turn one.

Only way I see it being Anialos is if the mafia were testing the secrets ability, Kime would be a good target since that's what a villager probably would do, test it on an experienced player.

Anialos: 10 (spool32, alegis, The Anonymous, Diorinix, Cayrus, Mill, vagrant_winds, Infidel, Cythraul, Anialos)
    Mill: 3 (Kilnaga, INANTP, tzeentchling)
    Bluecyan: 2 (Orange Soda, adventfalls)
    TrueNeverborn: 2 (romanqwerty, Smoove Operator)
    Lucedes: 1 (stever777)
    Tzeentchling 4 (shalmelo, enlightenedbum, MrTLicious, Premium)
    Adventfalls: 2 (The Ender, Bluecyan)
    REG Rysk: 1 (Lucedes)
    Warban: 1 (M.D.)
    Psolms: 1 (TrueNeverborn)
    The Ender: 1 (TheRoadVirus)
    sportz: 1 (REG Rysk)
    Zandracon: 1 (Megafrost)
    kime: 1 (kime)
    Killnaga 1 (38thDoe)

Looks like it would take a concentrated effort to pull support away from Anialos.

Bluecyan on
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Anialos wrote: »

This is a bad decision.

Also, let's not forget, in our analysis, that the mafia may very well not have known that their names (and secrets, and targets) would be revealed in the narration upon use.

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • AnialosAnialos Collies are love, Collies are life! Shadowbrook ColliesRegistered User regular
    kime wrote: »

This is a bad decision.

Also, let's not forget, in our analysis, that the mafia may very well not have known that their names (and secrets, and targets) would be revealed in the narration upon use.

I've been saying all day voting for me is bad =p. Nobody else is close enough for it to make a difference anymore though. If that changes I'll of course switch.

• MillMill Registered User regular
    BTW I don't think SLyM or The Dave Fella have voted yet or did I miss them?

The returns on Anialos coming up mafia are too good to pass up!

OrokosPA.png
    edited August 2012
    nope pretty sure @That Dave Fella or @Slym haven't voted

typods

M.D. on
  • warbanwarban Who the Hoof do you think we are? Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    I don't trust the narration seering any more.

warban on
    ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
  • warbanwarban Who the Hoof do you think we are? Registered User regular
    Anialos

ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
    kime wrote: »

This is a bad decision.

I've been saying all day voting for me is bad =p. Nobody else is close enough for it to make a difference anymore though. If that changes I'll of course switch.

No, as a villager, even now you should not vote for yourself

Steam profile
    Meh, back to Mill then, as our Zombie Melon Lord commands.

• PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    Anialos seems to have a very safe lead, so I'm going to go with Ender for giving off mafia vibes. I miss being able to freely search through posts already...

Meh, back to Mill then, as our Zombie Melon Lord commands.

This is basically your last chance to get your voice heard in order to help us in the future.

Steam profile
    My "I'mdoneA" list:

Warban
    vagrant_winds
    Cayrus
    spool32
    Mill

• MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    Alright, I think I'm caught up.

Current Spreadsheet (up to post 1258)

Anialos leads with 10 votes, with Mill and tzeentchling following with 4 each. Looks like six people remaining to make a vote.

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • psolmspsolms Registered User regular
    I suppose if I must vote, I shall vote for TrueNeverborn. I find it quite suspicious that he has voted for me almost exclusively (except the time he voted for himself in protest).

Sir, why do you take issue with me? Have I offended you in some way?

My "I'mdoneA" list:

Warban
    vagrant_winds
    Cayrus
    spool32
    Mill

In case this wasn't clear, these are the people I'd look at closer when I die village.

• sportzboytjwsportzboytjw squeeeeeezzeeee some more tax breaks outRegistered User regular
    Voting for a "clear lead" always seems mafiash. It's another way of saying ON THE BANDWAGON WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO LOVE ME A BANDWAGON

That said, I am voting for Mill

Walkerdog on MTGO
    TylerJ on League of Legends (it's free and fun!)
  • TrueNeverbornTrueNeverborn Registered User regular
    psolms wrote: »
    I suppose if I must vote, I shall vote for TrueNeverborn. I find it quite suspicious that he has voted for me almost exclusively (except the time he voted for himself in protest).

Sir, why do you take issue with me? Have I offended you in some way?

No REAL reason, except that you were my day 1 vote and I have not have a valid reason, or network call, to vote for anyone.

So if you love games and I love games... Why are we not playing... **sees the forum** OOOOHHHH Yeh!
    TrueNeverBorn_sm.jpg
    warban wrote: »
    I don't trust the narration seering any more.

Hehe.
    Trouble...

• ZandraconZandracon Registered User regular
    Mega-frosty

I believe I shall !vote for adventfalls, for reasons of low activity. Can't say I'm doing much better myself, but that's what I'm going with today. I believe SLyM and That Dave Fella will be eliminated or replaced if they do not register a vote by the day close, so I'm not posting my vote for either of them.

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    It is always sad to see one die withovt lifting a finger to save himself. Vnless he is mafia. Then good. Bvt his compatriots will likely grvdge him, and rightly so.

• lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Vote Closed.

Hostess is not happy.

End of Day 3 Spreadsheet (up to post 1267)

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    MrBlarney wrote: »
    End of Day 3 Spreadsheet (up to post 1267)

Yovr spreadsheets are very orderly. I approve.

Hostess is not happy.

Crap.
    Let's sacrifice TRV to our angered hostess.

• MillMill Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    Yeah, Bitch Please is getting fed two people. Assuming that none of the mafia kills get blocked, that brings the removed up to 5 people with another 1-3 being removed via vig/secret actions. Depending on how things go this could heavily skew the game in favor of the mafia.

Mill on