As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Prometheus - Probably an Alien prequel, unless it isn't (it totally is)

1454647484951»

• Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    Oh hey, this thread.
    Alphagaia wrote: »
    Just had a thought:
    if Shaws new ship contains the canisters of the black goo will she nuke them from orbit?
    It's the only way to be sure.

Also, all this technology we see from the Engineers
    is very,very, very old. Who knows if they still wanna kill the earthlings? Something went wrong eons ago. Don't forget, the space jockey from the derelict ship from Alien was fossilised as well, trying to get of that moon. Whatever killed him, mutated Engeneers/hammerpedes(?), might have found his way to the other moons as well and killed all the other Engineers.
    Assuming she does make contact with the engineer homeworld and they aren't all corpsified, I'd imagine that showing up with a trunk full of dead bodies and a stolen car will not win her any brownie points with them.
    Absolutely loved david.
    I have to give the film that much credit, every time Fassbender was on screen I just sat there rapt with attention. He was so wonderfully enjoyable to watch in his naivete.

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Still can't handle that Prometheus killed Del Toro's At the Mountains of Madness

What

OK now I'm pissed at Prometheus

• Options
    PersonfacePersonface HAIL GAY SATANRegistered User regular
    My love for GDT's ATMOM in embryo is locked in stalemate with my love for Prometheus someone kill me this pain is intolerable I I

• Options
    The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    okay

you're dead now

no haunting or i'll be most cross with you

7656367.jpg
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    question one:

who thought this was a good idea?

question thirteen thousand eight hundred fifty seven:

who thought this was a good idea?

People who like money.

• Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    pface with ghost powers is a scary thought!

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    pface with ghost powers is a scary thought!

Two words.

One of them is "proton".

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    hi hello gg

get jokes sometimes

what is "jokes"

• Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    You're face, Gray Ghost.
    You're face it is jokes.

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Look in your underwear.

• Options
    You're face, Gray Ghost.
    You're face it is jokes.

You are face.

• Options
    The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    jokes are not quite mops and they're not quite muppets but maaaaaaaaaan

7656367.jpg
  • Options
    The only good thing about Prometheus 2 happening is Lindelof may not be a part of it.

• Options
    DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2012
    WaM brought this to my attention and it's excellent:
    http://chainsawsuit.com/2012/08/02/chainsawsuit-ruins-it-for-you-prometheus-2/

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    Oh no, Promotheus

Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Still can't handle that Prometheus killed Del Toro's At the Mountains of Madness

What

OK now I'm pissed at Prometheus

god DAMN it

• Options
    Look, if the project had that much going for it then it's unlikely Prometheus could have killed it outright. So more likely is that it's just been delayed, or that it's been canceled but that's actually a good thing because it was faltering for some reason.

belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    FAQFAQ Registered User regular
    I thought it was cancelled because the studio didn't want to provide the cash necessary to make the movie seeing that it was going to be R rated.

Which isn't a 'good thing' from my perspective, but perhaps good business sense.

• Options
    Director Guillermo del Toro and screenwriter Matthew Robbins wrote a screenplay based on Lovecraft's story, but in 2006 had trouble getting Warner Bros. to finance the project. Del Toro wrote, "The studio is very nervous about the cost and it not having a love story or a happy ending, but it's impossible to do either in the Lovecraft universe."[25] In July 2010 it was announced that the film would be made in 3D and that James Cameron would become producer,[26] and Tom Cruise was attached to star.[27] This "was a startling prospect considering Lovecraft's tale had long been considered unfilmable."[27] Del Toro confirmed that the film would begin production as early as May 2011 and start filming in June.[28] However, in March 2011, it was announced that "Universal refused to greenlight the project due to del Toro's insistence that it be released with an R rating rather than a PG-13."[27] According to Salon.com, "Universal wants to hold onto the project in the event that it changes its mind and decides to make it later, either as an R or PG-13 movie. But del Toro is already trying to set up Mountains at another studio (possibly 20th Century Fox).[27] However, on April 30, 2012, del Toro posted that, due to the resemblance in premise with director Ridley Scott's film, Prometheus, the project would probably face a "long pause -if not demise".[29] The film's current status is unknown.[30]

• Options
    Well that's more or less my point. They didn't make the decision just because it would be R rated. But because they felt the film wouldn't make back enough money if it were R rated (assuming what you say is correct). Maybe it would have, maybe they made a bad call. But maybe they recognized that there were fundamental flaws with the project. Besides, del Toro is already trying to get another studio to back it. The project only has potential. Even if it were to go ahead, a lot of things could make it a forgettable mess by the time it's released so I refuse to get too upset about it.

belruelotterav-1.jpg